Page 1 of 1
Portal?
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3544
#1 Posted: 23:13:31 01/06/2016 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

I dont get it.

This one is from mighty ape...

But I remember finding an image with a swap force portal... So..?
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
MarvelSeer Blue Sparx Gems: 675
#2 Posted: 23:15:36 01/06/2016
Maybe there mnot ready to reveql the portal just yet. Most likely at E3
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie - Missing Legendary Bushwack emoji
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#3 Posted: 23:16:22 01/06/2016
yeah, I'd assume most if this is place holder at thsi point.
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#4 Posted: 23:17:42 01/06/2016
Even though it is the super chargers portal, it makes more sense. Traps will work in racing which is coming back, and in the other pictures with the swap force portal there is no trap slot.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#5 Posted: 23:20:44 01/06/2016
It might be a region thing, like the 3DS versions of Trap Team and SC Racing, which had the Swap Portal in some regions, but the original Portal in others.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#6 Posted: 23:24:09 01/06/2016
The EB games site for Australia shows the superchargers one too. I don't think they've decided on a portal yet though.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#7 Posted: 23:27:25 01/06/2016
Quote: Nightmoon
It might be a region thing, like the 3DS versions of Trap Team and SC Racing, which had the Swap Portal in some regions, but the original Portal in others.

Guessing, this.
Which is a shame. If we're gonna have to buy another portal, at least make it cool.

Seems like this is an EU boxart and, if I recall correctly, the boxes with the SWAP Force portal were NA boxes.

Which is fine with me, the SWAP Force portal is infinitely more cool than the SuperChargers portal. Although I would have went with a Trap Team portal for compatibility (the only portal that works with all games).
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#8 Posted: 23:29:50 01/06/2016
That's weird. One supports traps and one doesn't. I'd doubt they'd give some regions the Superchargers portal if the game doesn't support traps, but if the game DOES support traps, how will the people who get the Swap Force portal use them?
#9 Posted: 23:32:27 01/06/2016
Quote: SirKev7
That's weird. One supports traps and one doesn't. I'd doubt they'd give some regions the Superchargers portal if the game doesn't support traps, but if the game DOES support traps, how will the people who get the Swap Force portal use them?

It's been confirmed the game will support traps and vehicles.

However, for people who don't have a trap slot portal such as buying the disk and characters but not the portal, they just won't get to use traps this time around.
---
BoneGrunt Green Sparx Gems: 447
#10 Posted: 23:33:48 01/06/2016
Since the game supports both Vehicles and Traps, reusing the Superchargers Portal makes the most sense. This is the first year time in three years that a newly designed portal isn't necessary to experience the full game.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#11 Posted: 23:43:49 01/06/2016
Quote: BoneGrunt
Since the game supports both Vehicles and Traps, reusing the Superchargers Portal makes the most sense. This is the first year time in three years that a newly designed portal isn't necessary to experience the full game.

Second time, actually. While you could argue that the Rift Portal is better suited for the vehicles due to the size and shape, it was neither necessary nor required, as you could use any Portal.

Only Trap functionality required a Rift/Traptanium Portal (or a custom loader made from the Trap reading chips in one of them), but was completely nonessential.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#12 Posted: 23:52:29 01/06/2016

At 2:25, Yroc states that the portals on the boxes are just placeholders and they are currently designing the portal as we speak.

Of course, Activision reps told FamilyGamerTV the complete OPPOSITE so, who knows at this point...
#13 Posted: 23:56:51 01/06/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

At 2:25, Yroc states that the portals on the boxes are just placeholders and they are currently designing the portal as we speak.

Of course, Activision reps told FamilyGamerTV the complete OPPOSITE so, who knows at this point...

I don't blame Activision if they don't make another, someone could easily use their Superchargers/Trap Team portal.

As for new players in the Skylanders series who are starting with Imaginators, I guess maybe Activision will sell supercharger portals separately for the game, or pick up a pre-owned one from GameStop.

Then again, if they made official packaged supercharger portals separately, it would make sense just for them to make a new one that's separate, but it will also not make sense...

So who knows?
---
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#14 Posted: 00:54:01 02/06/2016
Hmm... so they must have an awesome idea for the new portal. Makes more sense now!
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me