Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Will traps go down in price? [CLOSED]
DragonShine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#1 Posted: 16:56:07 01/06/2016 | Topic Creator
My plan was to wait till the next game (superchargers)/till they become quite obsolete to buy up traps (one of each element) then replay trap team with all the element traps available to me. I was hoping they would go down in price but they seem to be more pricey on ebay. Should I look at a different retailer? Is there a chance people will get bored of them and sell them cheaper in the near future and in bundles?

I'm from Canada. :3
---
Still trying to recruit to my dragon army:S2 Bash, S2 Zap, Thorn Horn Camo, S1 Whirlwind,s1 Cynder
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#2 Posted: 18:55:39 01/06/2016
I've been wondering the same thing. Swap Force figures became dirt cheap in my area after Trap Team launched. I was really counting on the same thing happening again to fill up my trap collection, but all Trap Team related stuff has pretty much vanished down here.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#3 Posted: 19:23:41 01/06/2016
If you didnt buy the traps when they were out good luck to you. It will cost you an arm and a leg now.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#4 Posted: 19:44:56 01/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: trixster68
If you didnt buy the traps when they were out good luck to you. It will cost you an arm and a leg now.

But why did it become like this for traps and not the other toys?
---
Still trying to recruit to my dragon army:S2 Bash, S2 Zap, Thorn Horn Camo, S1 Whirlwind,s1 Cynder
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#5 Posted: 20:12:03 01/06/2016
Quote: DragonShine

One word: Scalpers!

Stores stopped ordering shipments because Activision packaged a bunch of useless Water Traps that cluttered the shelves. All the other elements got short stocked by the end of it.
#6 Posted: 20:36:53 01/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheToyNerd

Stores stopped ordering shipments because Activision packaged a bunch of useless Water Traps that cluttered the shelves. All the other elements got short stocked by the end of it.

Scalpers always have to ruin and pee on everything :/ I don't know why Acti thought it was a good idea to release so much water traps since everyone gets one with the game.
---
#7 Posted: 00:42:00 02/06/2016

Scalpers always have to ruin and pee on everything :/ I don't know why Acti thought it was a good idea to release so much water traps since everyone gets one with the game.

I don't know either, but they're basically the only things you can find right now from Trap Team besides Head Rush, Love Potion Pop Fizz and Fist Bump.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#8 Posted: 12:59:25 05/06/2016

if the scalpers actually had done what they do, they would have cleaned the shops for these water traps that was cluttering the shelves. then there would be more of the other traps out on the shelves.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#9 Posted: 15:59:25 05/06/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone

if the scalpers actually had done what they do, they would have cleaned the shops for these water traps that was cluttering the shelves. then there would be more of the other traps out on the shelves.

Well no, because Scalpers are smart enough to not scalp the less valuable things. They see that the other element traps are harder to come by so they take advantage and scalp all of the ones that people might be looking for
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#10 Posted: 11:43:23 06/06/2016
Trap Team was shorted altogether because of the port workers strike, especially wave 3 (which introduced the dark/light expansion packs). After that, stock seemed to be almost non-existent. I'm not really sure why stock wasn't replenished after the strike. In my opinion, stores had stock on order, which got caught up in the system. Because they never made it to the stores to be sold, their inventory still showed plenty of stock, so they never ordered more. What happened to that inventory, I'm not sure we will ever know. I have started to find stocks of traps at places like Bargain Hunt (which buys overstock, open boxes, returns, etc. from stores like Target), so maybe they're finally getting pushed to stores that buy up overstock. With that said, Trap Team stock (especially traps) were very limited, so there wasn't an excess of stock left over when the new game came out that stores marked down to make room for new game inventory. That may change if my theory is correct and overstock stores start getting loads of inventory at discounted prices. I had thought my theory was incorrect (leaving the mystery of missing inventory unexplained), but maybe it's taken this long for it to go through the system. If KB Toys was still around, I'd expect them to appear there. I remember working there years ago after Star Wars: The Phantom Menace came out. Stores were overloaded with inventory of TPM toys, so the last wave never made it to stores. They actually became hard to find and the only TPM toys people were seeking. A while later, KB Toys got a lot of stock of that wave and they were marked down for like $2 a piece because they bought up some overstock inventory.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#11 Posted: 17:17:16 06/06/2016
Im hoping five below gets them at some point, they are up to swap force currently on stuff.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#12 Posted: 18:56:43 06/06/2016
Traps are not really available, at least in stores I frequent. I'm not sure how much an impact the port issue did on the stock issue---and even if they have stuff laying around in warehouses overseas.
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#13 Posted: 19:24:43 06/06/2016
My local Walgreens has had the same peg full of traps since last year. I always see a light rocket, magic rocket, air hourglass and few others.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#14 Posted: 23:58:52 09/06/2016
Quote: Dahvoo
My local Walgreens has had the same peg full of traps since last year. I always see a light rocket, magic rocket, air hourglass and few others.

Lucky! I really need a light rocket.
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#15 Posted: 11:33:05 10/06/2016
Problem is every new Trap team owner will want at least one trap of each element and even if its at full price thats still cheaper even then a TT skylander .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me