Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > News and Updates > Skylanders Imaginators Announced
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Imaginators Announced
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13842
#1 Posted: 14:55:00 01/06/2016 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

The sixth game in the Skylanders series has been announced as Skylanders Imaginators. The core idea behind this edition of the game is the creation of your own custom Skylanders, there are also going to be 20 brand new "Sensei" Skylanders as well as 11 former Villains turned Skylander.

[User Posted Image]

To create one of these "Imaginators" (an example above) you'll first need a Creation Crystal, you get a Fire element one in this year's Starter Pack, once you have that you can choose a class of fighter (10 to choose from including Sorcerer, Brawler, Ninja, etc.) and then mix and match through thousands of different combinations of heads, arms, torsos, legs, voices, weapons, and colour schemes to create a Skylander of your very own. The Creation Crystals will cost $9.99 each.

[User Posted Image]

In addition to the custom Skylanders there will be new Sensei characters that will help improve your creations by unlocking things like special moves and allowing your creations to grow to higher levels. The Senseis are joined by a selection of reformed Villains, like Golden Queen, this time as fully fleshed out playable Skylanders complete with their own physical toy. These figures will cost $14.99 each.

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]
King PenGolden QueenTri-Tip

The game will be releasing on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Wii U in October, on the 16th in North America, the 14th in Europe, and the 13th in Australia/New Zealand. There will not be a Wii, 3DS or even an iOS version of the game this time around. The regular version will cost $74.99 while the new Dark Edition will be $99.99.

For more coverage of the announcement check out articles across the web from places like TIME, Polygon, Game Informer, GameSpot, and Kotaku. There are also loads of videos up on Youtube from channels like CoinOp TV, FamilyGamer TV, The8Bittheater, Tealgamemaster and many more...
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#2 Posted: 15:06:16 01/06/2016
c'mon amazon let me PREORDER!
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#3 Posted: 15:29:55 01/06/2016
Hello Skylander franchise. It's been a while.
---
My life is complete.
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#4 Posted: 16:58:31 01/06/2016
Got the wii u version preorder on amazon.Com now they need the dark edition like gamestop has.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#5 Posted: 17:58:01 01/06/2016
Jeez this game gets more and more expansive... i guess i'll wait untill its cheaper.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#6 Posted: 20:51:31 01/06/2016
So, uh, am I to assume then that this game is getting developed for last-gen consoles and ported up to the PS4 and Xbox One then? I understand Activision wants to maximize their profit here and reach the broadest audience, but that is very disappointing to see in 2016. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#7 Posted: 20:53:51 01/06/2016
Quote: HIR
So, uh, am I to assume then that this game is getting developed for last-gen consoles and ported up to the PS4 and Xbox One then? I understand Activision wants to maximize their profit here and reach the broadest audience, but that is very disappointing to see in 2016. <.<;

Did you read the consoles? No Wii. Iirc this engine is for the Ps4 and they're porting down, that was the case with SuperChargers. TFB is using the same graphical quality so I'll guess it's the same for them.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
MrsSpyro01 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1510
#8 Posted: 23:39:09 01/06/2016
Quote: Cynderfan507
Looks great! I just hope we'll be able to make quadruped Skylanders so we can make our own dragons and whatnot. All that was seen in the trailer was bipedal characters. I hope this isn't the case, allowing us to make quadrupeds and bipedal Skylanders would allow for even more diverse characters. :c

I'm hoping for the same thing. I really want my Dark Cynder.
Gentleman Brawl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1050
#9 Posted: 00:53:15 02/06/2016
Definitely looking better than Superchargers. Give it online modes and I'm all in.
---
Fancy Skylanders are stronger in this zone.
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#10 Posted: 03:44:14 02/06/2016
Quote: MrsSpyro01
Looks great! I just hope we'll be able to make quadruped Skylanders so we can make our own dragons and whatnot. All that was seen in the trailer was bipedal characters. I hope this isn't the case, allowing us to make quadrupeds and bipedal Skylanders would allow for even more diverse characters. :c

Dark Cynder would be cool, but I heard on a youtube video that there will be no reposes in this game.
---
Any last wishes?
MrsSpyro01 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1510
#11 Posted: 09:45:52 02/06/2016
Quote: Wishblade
Quote: MrsSpyro01

Dark Cynder would be cool, but I heard on a youtube video that there will be no reposes in this game.

I know. That's why I want to use one of those undead creation crystals to make my own Dark Cynder.
BrainPoster Red Sparx Gems: 34
#12 Posted: 11:07:18 04/06/2016
OMG this game looks AWESOME now I can make Dioper.
---
BrainPoster
BrainPoster Red Sparx Gems: 34
#13 Posted: 11:12:06 04/06/2016
,yep this will be the best skylander game yet!
---
BrainPoster
PortalMasterRob Green Sparx Gems: 370
#14 Posted: 20:27:58 05/06/2016
This game is gonna be awesome because we be able to create our own skylanders. But, I am still wondering about the "Creation Crystal". Is the crystal act as figure in the game? Do the body parts already in the game or in toy package?

If the body parts are in the game, then there will be 10 crystal and 10 senseis for each element.

I just hope this is better than SuperChargers.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#15 Posted: 20:44:21 05/06/2016
Quote: PortalMasterRob
This game is gonna be awesome because we be able to create our own skylanders. But, I am still wondering about the "Creation Crystal". Is the crystal act as figure in the game? Do the body parts already in the game or in toy package?

If the body parts are in the game, then there will be 10 crystal and 10 senseis for each element.

I just hope this is better than SuperChargers.

It's all in the game page. 31 Senseis, villains and regular.
Crystals are the character editor and hold the created character. You'll find pieces throught the game, but with the new Dark Starter Pack pictures real figures might unlock some as well. In real life,however,you're playing with a huge hexagon tube with a crystal inside, your character is ingame only.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#16 Posted: 03:21:22 07/06/2016
I'm sorry, wallet. I'm going to have to break that promise to spare you.
---
Any last wishes?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me