---
****ing hell its been a long time
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2 Posted: 22:03:28 28/05/2016
None, please!

But if I had to choose, I want another Chop Chop. He was always my favorite
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#3 Posted: 22:08:30 28/05/2016
What about Pop Fizz, Gill Grunt, Terrafin, Stealth Elf, Trigger Happy, and Eruptor? We can't just let them disappear foran entire year, that would be sinful!

...in all seriousness though, I just want a S2 Boomer and Sunburn.
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#4 Posted: 22:10:08 28/05/2016
Is it odd I want a Bat Spin and Trail Blazer repose just so I can finally get a hold of them?

Id really prefer no reposes but if we must make sure they haven't gotten one before. So my list:

Trail Blazer.
Chopper.
Bat Spin.
Punk Shock.
Pop Thorn
High Five
Dune Bug
Not sure for earth.
---
Hahahahaha
LittleWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1715
#5 Posted: 22:10:18 28/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: TrapShadowFan
What about Pop Fizz, Gill Grunt, Terrafin, Stealth Elf, Trigger Happy, and Eruptor? We can't just let them disappear foran entire year, that would be sinful!

They have been used way too much tho.
---
****ing hell its been a long time
#6 Posted: 22:10:30 28/05/2016
Is it odd I want a Bat Spin and Trail Blazer repose just so I can finally get a hold of them?

Id really prefer no reposes but if we must make sure they haven't gotten one before. So my list:

Trail Blazer.
Chopper.
Bat Spin.
Punk Shock.
Pop Thorn
High Five
Dune Bug
Not sure for earth.
---
Hahahahaha
The PokemonMan Green Sparx Gems: 314
#7 Posted: 22:17:32 28/05/2016
Wait, Are these REVAMPS or SERIES 2,3,4s ?
---
POKEMON SUN AND MOON
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#8 Posted: 22:30:38 28/05/2016
None.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#9 Posted: 22:38:57 28/05/2016
Quote: LittleWizard
Quote: TrapShadowFan

They have been used way too much tho.

I never got the hatred toward the over-reposes characters TBH. They are building a brand from the ground up, of course they have to push a few "main" characters. It makes sense from a marketing perspective to repose the same few characters over and over. I don't see them stopping any time soon.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#10 Posted: 22:46:19 28/05/2016
What they don't seem to understand (V.V at least) is that those characters can still be main characters without being reposed in every single game. In some games these mascots steal more creative ideas for reposes. Fryno or even Ignitor would've fit the role of a Supercharger perfectly, but nope, V.V didn't even consider this and from the looks of it they just slapped a knight outfit on Eruptor from the start. Sprocket would've been an amazing choice for Supercharger too, with her mechanic theme and all, bu; heck, she could've had Gold Rusher as her vehicle with a few changes, but nope, gotta squeeze out another Trigger Happy figure. The mascot characters are fun, but they need to let other Skylanders have the spotlight sometimes.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#11 Posted: 22:53:25 28/05/2016
i want to see the return of dune bug and zap.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#12 Posted: 22:58:35 28/05/2016
Gill Grunt!

No but seriously I'd just be happy with any of the dragons that haven't gotten much attention throughout the series. Sunburn anyone? And yes, I totally agree that we need Zap back. He is my all-time favourite. <3
Well, maybe just any Skylander that hasn't gotten much attention. I think they should hand over the spotlight to some of the more neglected characters for a change. But they won't. Oh well.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#13 Posted: 23:19:26 28/05/2016
I just want mah gurls Hex, Smolder & Deja back, that's all.
#14 Posted: 23:20:22 28/05/2016
here are some others i want back

Ignitor-
This guy was one of the most badass of the original 32. I paid like 30 bucks for him. He's got good potential for awesome fire attacks.

Prism Break-
The other earth guys in SSA just threw stuff. (punches, rocks, boomerangs..) AND THIS GUY SHOT LASERS. Can we get some kind of BISMUTH version of him?

Warnado-
FOR THE LOVE OF EON IT'S GAMERA 2.0 AND I LOVE HIM
The PokemonMan Green Sparx Gems: 314
#15 Posted: 23:25:05 28/05/2016
If they're revamps:

Magic:
Voodood
Wrecking Ball

Fire:
Smolderdash
Fryno
---
POKEMON SUN AND MOON
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#16 Posted: 00:15:08 29/05/2016
My picks (I think it's too soon for Light/Dark reposes still):

Air: Whirlwind
Earth: Prism Break
Fire: Torch
Life: Food Fight
Magic: Spyro or Star Strike
Tech: Sprocket
Undead: Hex
Water: Wham-Shell or Chill
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#17 Posted: 00:16:14 29/05/2016
the only acceptable chill repose would be a netflix partnership figure
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#18 Posted: 01:49:44 29/05/2016
NOT GILL GRUNT

I would prefer to keep only those from the first 3 games eligible.

Also make them revamps, but they work like a repose as in you can use them with original moveset in past games.

Tech, Undead, and Earth should have 2 to make up for the discrepancy in Trap Team.

Tech: Drill Sergeant. I always liked him.
Tech 2: Boomer. What ever happened to Boomer's Big Year?
Magic: Spyro, because he should be star again. Alternatively, Star Strike.
Undead: Fright Rider. I don't personally want him back, but he's the last core from Giants who hasn't, and seems popular.
Undead 2: Hex, cause I always liked her and they could pull something cool there. Alternatively, Cynder would be great, to coincide with Spyro.
Life: Camo. One of my favorites.
Water: I honestly have no idea. Chill?
Fire: SUNBURN. Seriously, only character from SSA who has never returned must return.
Air: Scratch. Was kind of rare and cool. Alternatively, Warnado, as he never had a repose, only a LC.
Earth: Dino-Rang. One of my favorites, never had a repose, only an EE.
Earth 2: Flashwing. Again, one of my favorites.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#19 Posted: 08:41:48 29/05/2016
I only really care about Spyro, Cynder and Sunburn.

However, I can see them tying the reposes into who's gonna appear in Academy.
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#20 Posted: 09:42:01 29/05/2016
For me Elite>S2/3/4/etc...
It's better have a godly and definitive version of a characters instead of a stupid repose with a stupid new move. I want a remade version of older characters like they did in Superchargers.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#21 Posted: 15:58:04 29/05/2016
Quote: Bolt
Gill Grunt!

Seconded.

Gillys for Every Game Ever!
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#22 Posted: 16:10:11 29/05/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

Is there a joke I'm not getting?

Anyway, I would prefer none, but, if it has reposes or revamps, I would want basically the forgotten ones, but I personally would not want Light and Dark reposes because... It just doesn't feel right, I think?

And I totally agree on what Deja Vu said about the revamped SuperChargers. There are many less know characters that would fit better in the SuperCharger concept. As you can see, Fryno would be a really good SuperCharger, so good that Eruptor's vehicle is actually a freaking bike.
---
Bruh
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7379
#23 Posted: 16:38:45 29/05/2016
Quote: weebbby

Tech: Drill Sergeant. I always liked him.

Finally, another person who likes Drill Sergeant a lot around here! I like him a lot too(I even bought him 3 months before I got SSA for Christmas).

Quote: Crash10

Netflix and "Chill". If you know what it means, cool. If you don't, don't Google it.

As for reposes:

Magic: Spyro or Star Strike
Water: Wham-Shell(a proper one)
Tech: Drill Sergeant
Life: Stump Smash
Air: Pop Thorn or Scratch
Fire: Flameslinger or Ignitor
Undead: Cynder or Chop Chop
Earth: Bash
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
MarvelSeer Blue Sparx Gems: 675
#24 Posted: 17:14:33 29/05/2016
None! We need to move away from reposes. It raises the cost of the game and its something we dont need anymore.
I didn't mind it in Gaints because there where that many figures but now its pointless, sorry.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie - Missing Legendary Bushwack emoji
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#25 Posted: 17:28:11 29/05/2016
Quote: MarvelSeer
None! We need to move away from reposes. It raises the cost of the game and its something we dont need anymore.
I didn't mind it in Gaints because there where that many figures but now its pointless, sorry.

The game's cost is high with them or not. If they want a ton of figures, reposes or not they're getting a ton of figures. In SC you could make an arguments since 10 out of 20 is a lot,but they'd just make 20 new guys with that money without reposes anyway.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#26 Posted: 18:24:52 29/05/2016
I hope none (but know Gill Grunt will appear, in some form).

After SuperChargers I need the focus back on brand new characters, at the cost of not having "fan-favorites" again.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#27 Posted: 18:44:20 29/05/2016
No Gill Grunt toy this year. Now he'll just be pasted over the entire box art, even the logo, just so you don't forget he exists until his return. Fan favorite!
---
#28 Posted: 18:48:02 29/05/2016
Quote: Bifrost
No Gill Grunt toy this year. Now he'll just be pasted over the entire box art, even the logo, just so you don't forget he exists until his return. Fan favorite!

Who's favorite character is Gill Grunt? Everyone who bought the SSA Starter Pack either liked Spyro or Trigger Happy. Gill Grunt was just the extra piece you had to open up the Water gates. Nobody gives a crap about Gill Grunt!

Chop Chop on the other hand. He needs to come back. I don't know what else you could do with a sword and shield, but I want him so badly.
#29 Posted: 18:52:41 29/05/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

Who's favorite character is Gill Grunt? Everyone who bought the SSA Starter Pack either liked Spyro or Trigger Happy. Gill Grunt was just the extra piece you had to open up the Water gates. Nobody gives a crap about Gill Grunt!

Chop Chop on the other hand. He needs to come back. I don't know what else you could do with a sword and shield, but I want him so badly.

*Was the one who only liked Spyro and has never touched the two other starter pack figures since 2011*
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#30 Posted: 19:00:25 29/05/2016

Lol,...he shall return in all his greatness!
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#31 Posted: 19:23:42 29/05/2016
I would scream of epicness if they somehow made Gill Grunt the main villain, for one entry.

They might say he had enough of having to be constantly upgraded and reimagined and decided to be the one reimagining the whole Skylands.

An evil clone of him, of course, otherwise he couldn't be playable.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#32 Posted: 19:28:16 29/05/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

You'd be surprised, I think Gills got second in a fan poll a few years ago. Also, the cycle of exposure, if more people see him, more people like him, more people see him.
---
#33 Posted: 19:33:28 29/05/2016
And who was first?
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#34 Posted: 19:43:35 29/05/2016
Until the last SSA characters who have not received a legitimate series 2, I would prefer that there are no more reposes.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
#35 Posted: 19:58:46 29/05/2016
Quote: yelvy
And who was first?

Don't remember, just that Gills being on the list at all(top 5s of each element) was very surprising. I think it's in the General section, if it hasn't been deleted the search function should find it.
---
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#36 Posted: 20:14:04 29/05/2016
LOL gill grunt is not in Battlecast, so maybe the curse is lifted about him always getting a repose?
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#37 Posted: 21:00:51 29/05/2016
Both TFB & VV are to stubborn to accept the fact that no one likes Gill Grunt anymore. I already disliked him in SSA, like most people. We can only pray that he won't come back.
#38 Posted: 21:30:57 29/05/2016
others i'd like to see-

Wrecking Ball-
I always liked him. I'd want to see him with moth wings- as some kind of revamp.

Dune Bug-
Seeing as he's a beetle he could be given so many different kinds of new armor. Goliath beetle dune bug plz?

Punk Shock-
AKA undyne before undyne was cool. (seriously the body structure and the use of blue glowy thingies OMFG)
*ahem*
i'd want to see her with some new weaponry.

Flip Wreck-
AKA flip rekt. I even made a Custom Repose of the dolphin boi. (at the cost of some power blues but whatever)
This guy has real good potential.

Spotlight-
mainly just so i could ACTUALLY FRIGGIN' FIND ONE
#39 Posted: 21:48:43 29/05/2016
I really don't have issues with Gill Grunt. He's not a favorite but he's alright.

Now if Stealth Elf returns again I'll rage.
---
Hahahahaha
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#40 Posted: 22:05:32 29/05/2016
Quote: Quote: [url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129218&post=5963204
Crash10

Netflix and "Chill". If you know what it means, cool. If you don't, don't Google it.

I googled it. Now I understand.
---
Bruh
#41 Posted: 22:11:56 29/05/2016
just realized

gill GRUNT

grunt is a term for US marine. he's a fish. marine life..

it took me 5 years to get that pun.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#42 Posted: 22:30:01 29/05/2016
None, as most figures can be picked up cheap enough if people really want to play with a certain character.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#43 Posted: 00:04:34 30/05/2016
What I want to see... and DON'T WANT TO SEE.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#44 Posted: 00:28:05 30/05/2016
Quote: Deja Vu
Both TFB & VV are to stubborn to accept the fact that no one likes Gill Grunt anymore. I already disliked him in SSA, like most people. We can only pray that he won't come back.

I like Gill Grunt.
#45 Posted: 01:04:53 30/05/2016
Quote: UncleBob
Quote: Deja Vu

I like Gill Grunt.

I honestly like all of the "Over-Reposed" characters because they help further the credibility of Skylanders as a brand
#46 Posted: 01:07:29 30/05/2016
Well, I like them except Eruptor, but not enough to see them all the time; just like I wouldn't be happy if Hex was at S5 already(my wallet would be even less happy).
---
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#47 Posted: 01:24:11 30/05/2016
just realized

gill GRUNT

grunt is a term for US marine. he's a fish. marine life..

it took me 5 years to get that pun.

Thanks for showing me something I never noticed.
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#48 Posted: 01:34:16 30/05/2016
*Raises hand* I like Gill Grunt. He's pretty fun in SSA with his hose attack, and his reimagining in SC is pretty fun, too. The character in the SSA Starter Pack that's my least favorite is Trigger Happy by far. His playstyle is boring and hurts my thumb.

I like quite a few of the over-reposed characters - mainly Stealth Elf, Terrafin, Spyro (not in SC) and Whirlwind (not in SC). The thing I don't like, though, is when they're taking the only rerelease slot. I think every character should have a chance to get improvements, not just the same few every time.

To answer the topic question, I don't particularly care who gets rereleased, so long as it's more than just the same few. The only one that'd be a must-have for me is Spyro, but that's because I collect his variations. Although if there's another favorite like Scratch I'd consider it, but only if their figure looked really cool or if they had a reimagined moveset. Wow Pows never "wow"ed me.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:34:46 30/05/2016 by ladala
BoneGrunt Green Sparx Gems: 447
#49 Posted: 03:48:18 31/05/2016
Spyro should be likely. He is pretty much the main character, and having him excluded from SC felt unusual and solely done since his design didn't fit the gimmick last year.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me