darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Original Trailers Review (Which Reveal Trailers were the Best)
Page 1 of 1
Original Trailers Review (Which Reveal Trailers were the Best)
The PokemonMan Green Sparx Gems: 314
#1 Posted: 19:34:58 26/05/2016 | Topic Creator
I think that the best Skylanders Reveal trailer was most definitely the E3 Swap Force one! It REALLY GOT ME HYPED!!!

---
POKEMON SUN AND MOON
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#2 Posted: 19:46:05 26/05/2016

I'd say SWAP Force. I especially loved the E3 presentation, the Dress Rehearsal one. Wish they would do more like those.
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:54:48 26/05/2016 by BlueFox
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#3 Posted: 19:51:54 26/05/2016

Gotta go with the OG, man. This trailer gets everything you need to know about the game across in a short time span. We are Skylanders, our villain is Kaos, we are toys now. Brilliant!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#4 Posted: 19:53:27 26/05/2016
Weapon of Choice was a nice pun, but the lyrics themselves are kinda too nonsensical in the full version for me to take it seriously.]

I don't actually like any of the reveal trailers(Trap Team's was the "less bad" but it's still overly long to get to the point), so I'll just speak promo trailers in general.

Rise of the Sky Eater will forever be the best, even if in the end it didn't make it to being the reveal trailer because of massive spoilers.

We need more movie-like trailers instead of treating the Skylanders like actors in a comedy show.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#5 Posted: 21:05:45 26/05/2016
I'm going with Bifrost in this one.
It may not be a trailer, but It's one of the best "trailers"
We really need more movie-like trailers. They make for something amazing. Just... don't use too many spoilers like in that one.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#6 Posted: 21:07:41 26/05/2016
Rise of the Sky Eater for sure. It can make people hyped for the game for the story, a thing that people don't expect much from Skylanders. It's also pretty well-made.
---
Bruh
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#7 Posted: 21:25:16 26/05/2016
Overall Rise of the Sky Eater is undoubtedly the best.
It's a shame I only saw it after completing the game, but spoilers are spoilers.

In terms of reveal trailers, I loved Trap Team the most: it just had the right mixture of Skylanders, Portal Masters and villains.
SuperChargers was the worst, and the only thing which saves SWAP Force's is that damn catchy song.
Don't know hom many times I singed it, waiting for the game to be released. smilie
I do liked the extended E3 trailer, it was quite funny!

But SWAP Force's had indeed the most hyping reveal gameplay so far: the graphics, the swappability, the jumping... Good Eon it was GREAT!

While it lasted... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:27:48 26/05/2016 by Drek95
#8 Posted: 21:29:18 26/05/2016
You got to give Superchargers one thing, that darn music for that trailer PERFECTLY! I'll sometimes just hum it out of no where
#9 Posted: 21:35:53 26/05/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
You got to give Superchargers one thing, that darn music for that trailer PERFECTLY! I'll sometimes just hum it out of no where

You mean the reveal trailer's music?

Yeah, I guess it was the best part of it.
It sincerely left me like "... Ok, cool vehicles, but can I see more of the Skylanders, please...?".

Totally un-hyping.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#10 Posted: 21:44:07 26/05/2016
The reveal for SC kept giving me the feeling of 'darn I know this song but from where??' not to mention the lack of lyrics and by now I forgot about it :c

Weapon of Choice is sure catchy,but not as catchy as its own music video.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#11 Posted: 21:45:54 26/05/2016
I looked for it right after watching the trailer for the first time.

Truly fantastic!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#12 Posted: 21:58:08 26/05/2016
Quote: Drek95
Quote: TheToyNerd

You mean the reveal trailer's music?

Yeah, I guess it was the best part of it.
It sincerely left me like "... Ok, cool vehicles, but can I see more of the Skylanders, please...?".

Totally un-hyping.

Oh, totally, the trailer itself was kind of dumb. I just really liked the music for it. Also, I hope for this game we get actual commercials and not just the trailer again with some different gameplay. That was lame as hell. I wouldn't mind going back to the old style of commercial with the Skylanders interacting and talking with each other. Those were great! I wouldn't mind the CG commercials ala Trap Team coming back
Camo Lover Yellow Sparx Gems: 1109
#13 Posted: 12:07:34 27/05/2016
Really loved the swap force trailer, felt magical.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#14 Posted: 12:22:02 27/05/2016
Swap Force was the best anticipation, Skyeater was probably the best production value in a non-trailer that oversold the game.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me