Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
Prototype chopper? [CLOSED]
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#51 Posted: 20:50:39 17/05/2016
I would like to ask you (and myself) a few questions, just to help keeping the discussion going.

1) The figure is most definitely authentic but what if it were part of a promotional line of toy to celebrate Academy's debut?
We don't know for sure if the new game's logo will have the same color though it's highly likely and it does look like some kind of Eon's Elite/repose cross.

2) Do you think this figure is 100% a Core?
Even if it were a revamp it could still work as a regular character instead of a Gimmicklander.
It does look like a S2 Core to me, since I don't see any suspicious features but you never know.

Finally, I do agree with the ones thinking these "leaks" aren't leaks at all.
There were and most likely will be true leaks, that's for sure but these are starting to look too regular to be proper Activision's oversights.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#52 Posted: 20:54:30 17/05/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
Quote: Aura24
Quote: Bifrost

You're not a butt :C
Really,that guy is just all around full of it. Nobody told him that,because he put no watermarks on the pictures,kids on instagram will call the dibs instead and get all the glory.

Instant karmic retribution.His thread got deleted too, again. Portalflip mentioned he didn't know why it happened the first time so it's not him.

Hope the devs don't track him down >> Or they probably saw the thread already....

This might be heading into conspiracy town, but I think Activision is doing these on purpose. We literally had this near exactly thing happen last year. A solid black figure prototype version of a new character gets into the hands of a random person. Sounds mighty suspicious!

This conspiracy theory is not new by any means. It has been suggested almost overtime we get a leak like this, but it is seemingly ignored. I must admit though, I think there may be some truth to this theory.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#53 Posted: 21:00:13 17/05/2016
We definately are lacking the Tech rep for Academy, we didn't have time to ask before Eric got NDAs. Sure, Trigger Happy is the flagship,but with Gill Grunt out...

Hoping this isn't a boring ol' S2 Core. Just an upgrade isn't enough incentive to get these figures if you haven't already since *most* are good to play and didn't get crippled by gameplay changes unlike SSA and SG ones. It doesn't need to be a drastic change,but say with Chopper - now instead of shooting missiles, he can lock onto enemies using his mechanical eye and launch an air strike, but the roar and helicopter blades stay the same.

That said, it must be a good story to know how and why Chopper had to replace at least one eye(all of his pictures are from the same side of the face).
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:01:16 17/05/2016 by Bifrost
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#54 Posted: 21:05:05 17/05/2016
Quote: fairyland
Quote: angelg
What a coincidence we have another prototype leaked nearly the same date as last year's spitfire: This is either deliberate or Activision unable to control leaks up to this point (the nearer they get to start mass production the more people gets involved).

Apart from the purple color of the base there is not really any clues to what the "innovation" will be this time around. Assuming the pictures are legit, I could say chopper looks more fierce, grown up even, but that's already very subjective.

Perhaps Chopper is this years base figure pack-in for the Starter set? Seeing that Spitfire was the pack-in last year and all that.

I'm still iffy about as how he had obtained it as his excuse is just as fishy as last year's excuse. I mean he got it for free with a TV set he bought online? I bought a TV last week as well but I didn't get anything extra. LOL These people really should provide proof and name names or something if we want to take them seriously.

But anyway, I'm rather surprised that they didn't change the base up just a little. It seems rather cheap to not change things up at all. I mean, I was expecting some gaudy grandiose bases like SC or at least noticeably changed bases. Glad to see the purple though, as it's my fav color.

I reckon it does point to chopper being the starter pack character. I hope he has a whole new move set as I hate having repose characters.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#55 Posted: 21:05:35 17/05/2016
I hope we sew more revamps at the very least reposed characters from SF and Tt

And yeah this possible repose looks odd. There's nothing cool about him. I will still get it (if real) since Chopper is my favorite tech
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#56 Posted: 21:08:15 17/05/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
I hope we sew more revamps at the very least reposed characters from SF and Tt

And yeah this possible repose looks odd. There's nothing cool about him. I will still get it (if real) since Chopper is my favorite tech

If you look closely, you can see his eye is mechanical. I'd say that's pretty cool.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#57 Posted: 21:14:33 17/05/2016
Ok, I've been holding onto this for too long.

The Skylanders fandom right now: (a bit of blood warning?)

Yes. I know. Homework. Going back to it right now >:C
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:14:52 17/05/2016 by Bifrost
#58 Posted: 21:16:53 17/05/2016
We also can't see his true colors.
Who would have said Spitfire would have been black and metallic red with blue flames?

Maybe Chopper has acquired a golden exosuit, who knows?

I wouldn't be against a new use of old abilities.
For example, they could give Gill Grunt (we know he's gonna be reposed) a melee move where he swings around his hose or he could shoot his anchor in the sky and make it separate into small harpoons; they could even make his jet-pack create a water blast.
Really everything else than "here's your old character dressed differently and with a completely new moveset, have fun!".

Would really like if they could justify Wow Pows lore-wise but they'll probably go for something simple like "he needed upgrades to keep up with the new Skylanders" or not say anything at all.
SuperChargers were a team with a common origin, it will be interesting to see how they'll handle reposes this time.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:20:24 17/05/2016 by Drek95
jasoninquires Blue Sparx Gems: 966
#59 Posted: 21:20:16 17/05/2016
The model number is: 84995888

Which is the exact same number as the original Chopper figure.
#60 Posted: 21:21:42 17/05/2016
Quote: jasoninquires

Pretty sure the base is also identical.
They probably simply changed the year to avoid confusion, guess they'll change the pedestal as well eventually
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#61 Posted: 21:24:38 17/05/2016

Well, we have our first argument against it, don't S2s have different numbers? My S1 and S2 Bashes do.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:24:52 17/05/2016 by Bifrost
#62 Posted: 21:24:48 17/05/2016

I wanted to get home to look at my Chopper to check this as well. Im pretty sure you can sort of make out the serial number to the left of the tech symbol. If someone could check to see if it is the same on the original chopper as well that would be greatly appreciated.
---
#63 Posted: 21:33:57 17/05/2016
Number on the image definitely looks like w2143, which is the number for Shroom Boom.

My Chopper looks like w2147, but couldn't replicate that number in google.

Still say #TeamFake
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#64 Posted: 21:35:33 17/05/2016
> Either real good photoshop
> Or a genuine leak

Huh, I'm not so sure on this. I like the purple, though.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#65 Posted: 21:36:36 17/05/2016
Not really excited if this means we are getting more reposes, as I'm not a big fan of it.

What is weird though, is why they did choose to leak this particular figure? I mean, it doesn't really reveal anything important, apart from the obvious repost stuff. Or maybe, like fairyland mentioned, it has something to do with chopper being included in the staterpack. Spitfire was totally new and his base keep us all wondering what did it mean ( I remember some users got it right, when they said it seemed ike an "engine"), but an S2 figure of an already existing toy with no base changes apart from the color? Maybe is just a way of pushing us up to the hype train just before they make it official, I duno.

The only thing I can think aobut is the purple colour is the same as the tv show logo (assuming the tv logo we saw on twitter was true), so maybe there's a connection. Btw the fact the tv show will have some chapters with sort of Minecraft stuff as one of the guys involved in production told us, doesn't make me really happy. Who knows maybe there's some sort of creating your own level in sky6.

Is late and I have been wake up for nearly 48 hours, sorry I don't know what I'm saying.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#66 Posted: 21:40:30 17/05/2016
Number on the image definitely looks like w2143, which is the number for Shroom Boom.

My Chopper looks like w2147, but couldn't replicate that number in google.

Still say #TeamFake

I just went onto my phone and inverted the colors. It is undeniably a W2143. If anyone else could check their Chopper that would be awesome. If I understand correctly, these number represent when and where they where produced. There was a S2 Prism Break dilemma a while back where there were like 4 different hues of the crystals, with each slight color variation having a different number. I think the red, blue, and purple lipped Chill issue had the same thing. It's quite possible that there are different Choppers out there with diffrent numbers.
---
#67 Posted: 21:40:49 17/05/2016
The TV show logo is true, or at least early, since it was on Eric Rogers' twitter background. I'm the one that got it, it's hard to forget finally having first dibs : P
---
#68 Posted: 21:42:53 17/05/2016
The TV show logo is true, or at least early, since it was on Eric Rogers' twitter background. I'm the one that got it, it's hard to forget finally having first dibs : P

Can you post the logo please? I want to see this for myself, Im trying to reason my way through this, besides, it's better than writing a paper about The Taming of the Shrew and how it relates to feminism.
---
HuskerfanChuck Yellow Sparx Gems: 1225
#69 Posted: 21:42:53 17/05/2016
I'm inclined to believe a prototype wouldn't necessarily have the new production number ready to go yet. Anybody know if what was on the bottom of the prototype spitfires was the same as the regular production?
---
HuskerfanChuck

Repping the Light, Huskers, and Nebraska!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#70 Posted: 21:45:51 17/05/2016
Here's the tv show logo.

[User Posted Image]
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#71 Posted: 21:48:26 17/05/2016
Thanks Aura. You can tell a D and a M in the same font as the regular logo, so it's for Academy and not 6kylanders.
---
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#72 Posted: 21:49:18 17/05/2016

You really deserve more first dibs, frost smilie

A strong connection between the tv show and the next game seems very plausible to me.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#73 Posted: 21:49:18 17/05/2016

My Chopper has the same model number. Even the w2143.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#74 Posted: 21:53:45 17/05/2016
My Chopper's W2143.

As I pointed out in the pictures, the base is exactly the same shape, too. Just the figure is facing a different direction on it compared to the prototype.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:54:08 17/05/2016 by ladala
#75 Posted: 21:58:20 17/05/2016
If anyone wants to use it as comparison, Black Prototype Spitfire also has a model number, same as regular. It's harder to draw a line since Spitfire is S1 technically,while this already has a previous version.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:58:33 17/05/2016 by Bifrost
#76 Posted: 22:00:53 17/05/2016
Honestly there is a good chance that it could be fake, but that's what we said about Spitfire too. I mean the timeframes line up for sure and it seems similar to what happened last year. There is no chance that the person didn't know what Skylanders is, so if it is real, it was most certainly an inside job. Odds are though, it is fake. Someone with an account needs to ask him for a brief 5 second video, or ask him to put it on the portal, preferably both. It would be incredibly hard to fake a video, unless of course this is a 3d printing.

Edit due to a ninja post: Quote: Bifrost
If anyone wants to use it as comparison, Black Prototype Spitfire also has a model number, same as regular. It's harder to draw a line since Spitfire is S1 technically,while this already has a previous version.

I've never closely examined the bases as far a serial number is concerned but that prototype doesn't appear to have a second serial number to the left of the elemental symbol. I know I've asked several people to do me favors now, but can someone do me another favor? Please look at the base of your Spitfire and see if it has the second serial number.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:05:51 17/05/2016 by ninja9351
#77 Posted: 22:06:28 17/05/2016
His story is that he doesn't know anything about Skylanders, so why would he have a portal to put it on?

EDIT:

My Spitfire's Dark, but if it helps it does have a second faded number. It's just on the right of the symbol rather than the left.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:09:54 17/05/2016 by ladala
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#78 Posted: 22:06:46 17/05/2016
Could it be possible the model number refers to the mold and the other number is just a location code?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:23:20 17/05/2016 by 4inCreation
#79 Posted: 22:09:51 17/05/2016
Quote: 4inCreation
Could it be possible the model number refers to the mold and the other number is just a location code?

My understanding is that it references the package that it was sold in, but I'm not sure. When I get home I will see if any of my figures, excluding ones that were bundled together in a triple pack, have the same model number.

Edit: I was reading over some other posts and there are a lot of people that are saying that this is an "incredibly good fake" To those of you who think it would require a lot of skill to do this, you are wrong. It would not be that hard to heat up a Chopper figure, repose it, paint it black, then take some pictures of it. Once you have the pictures you just have to isolate the red on the base and change it to this purple color. As for the shadows they are a bit harder, but I'd imagine that you could easily do that as well.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:15:42 17/05/2016 by ninja9351
#80 Posted: 22:15:19 17/05/2016
Model number is 87532888, second code is S156. Seems different depending on location as said,this one is from the US if anyone's wondering.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:15:57 17/05/2016 by Bifrost
#81 Posted: 22:17:15 17/05/2016
Quote: ninja9351

Edit: I was reading over some other posts and there are a lot of people that are saying that this is an "incredibly good fake" To those of you who think it would require a lot of skill to do this, you are wrong. It would not be that hard to heat up a Chopper figure, repose it, paint it black, then take some pictures of it. Once you have the pictures you just have to isolate the red on the base and change it to this purple color. As for the shadows they are a bit harder, but I'd imagine that you could easily do that as well.

Yes,it would be. I can heat my figures up with fire or a hairdryer and it'll become plastic goop before a new eye and mouth fit perfectly on it, especially since it's on areas that can't be just cut out to fit these shapes. 3D printing is more likely,but it requires an official model to be this accurate.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:18:10 17/05/2016 by Bifrost
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#82 Posted: 22:17:46 17/05/2016
Sorry for late reaction but... confirmed first Sky 6 Leak of S2 Chopper and Purple Base?

[User Posted Image]
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
#83 Posted: 22:21:40 17/05/2016
It's not quite confirmed yet. Looks to be true, but the fact that its model number and batch number match Trap Team Chopper is pretty suspicious.

If it is a 3D printing though, it's impressive they managed to change the copyright but otherwise look really accurate.
---
#84 Posted: 22:23:29 17/05/2016

Yes,it would be. I can heat my figures up with fire or a hairdryer and it'll become plastic goop before a new eye and mouth fit perfectly on it, especially since it's on areas that can't be just cut out to fit these shapes. 3D printing is more likely,but it requires an official model to be this accurate.

That's true, I didn't notice until now that those are actually different. I retract my former statement. The figure looks incredibly smooth though, which is why I didn't think it was 3d printed as they usually look like this;
-------
-------
-------
With very distinct layers of plastic. I know there are newer ones that don't have distinct lines like this but they are usually incredibly expensive and take much longer to produce an end product.
---
#85 Posted: 22:34:43 17/05/2016
3D printing would have more texture from the lines that are built up.

I'm pretty sure the designer who created the mold just changed the copy write date as instructed and left the base design untouched. The printed number could just be a location, so that would be the same for some figures anyway. The mold could be preliminary to test it on a short run. They would be able to change the model number when they create the final mold, and it makes sense to save cost on the design and help identify it as preliminary.

I could be wrong, but it seems likely.
#86 Posted: 22:40:04 17/05/2016
Makes me really curious what would happen if it was put on a portal.

But then again, if there's a chip in there, none of the current games'd be able to tell, since it'd show a S1 Chopper either way (unless they do something like SuperChargers where they don't work in past games).
---
#87 Posted: 22:43:28 17/05/2016
If it wasn't clear enough, ran the images through some forensics and... yeah it's all fake.

Here is the article if anyone wants to take a gander: http://www.skylandersinquirer....-internet-fake/

Rush job on the article as I have to head out, but wanted to get ontop of this early. So hopefully it makes sense!
#88 Posted: 22:48:41 17/05/2016
If it wasn't clear enough, ran the images through some forensics and... yeah it's all fake.

Here is the article if anyone wants to take a gander: http://www.skylandersinquirer....-internet-fake/

Rush job on the article as I have to head out, but wanted to get ontop of this early. So hopefully it makes sense!

Maybe I just don't understand what exactly looks unnatural about these photos in that forensic thingy but I don't see anything that looks truly unnatural not different. Don't get me wrong, I'm not convinced that this is real or fake, but I am not sure if that really proves anything.
---
#89 Posted: 22:52:28 17/05/2016
Talk about a rush job. You could've at least explained what the site does because I didn't get one thing other than 'I ran them through this site and it said it's fake'. Is it even trustworthy?
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:52:59 17/05/2016 by Bifrost
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#90 Posted: 22:52:37 17/05/2016

What does the artifacting prove exactly? Not hating, just wondering.
#91 Posted: 22:53:52 17/05/2016

Maybe I just don't understand what exactly looks unnatural about these photos in that forensic thingy but I don't see anything that looks truly unnatural not different. Don't get me wrong, I'm not convinced that this is real or fake, but I am not sure if that really proves anything.

Check out the FotoForensics website and watch some YouTube Videos read some articles on the ELA method. It's a complicated thing, no doubt, but helps disprove a lot of stuff on the internet haha.

Forgot to say every image that the person uploaded had EXIF data showing that it was opened and saved in an Adobe program.

Obviously he could just be opening to "resize" the image, but I doubt that.
#92 Posted: 22:55:20 17/05/2016
The first picture was obviously resized since all the others are hueg despite being taken within a few same hours and that has slightly lower quality, so possibly same phone/camera. Doubt what again?

My internet decided I had enough fun for a day so I can't look it up(it's going down every few seconds),but there's the possiblity of false positives.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:59:38 17/05/2016 by Bifrost
#93 Posted: 22:57:52 17/05/2016

Check out the FotoForensics website and watch some YouTube Videos read some articles on the ELA method. It's a complicated thing, no doubt, but helps disprove a lot of stuff on the internet haha.

Forgot to say every image that the person uploaded had EXIF data showing that it was opened and saved in an Adobe program.

Obviously he could just be opening to "resize" the image, but I doubt that.

That's about all I needed to hear. Nothings been proven yet, but this seems increasingly unlikely.

As I said before though, if this guy was to provide us with a brief 5 second video or something then it would be confirmed to be real.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:58:48 17/05/2016 by ninja9351
#94 Posted: 23:00:41 17/05/2016
The other two images have the same information, and they were huge files.

Again, it's extremely hard to explain the ELA method in Fotoforensics, but take some pictures of your figures outside in the sun or at the same angles, and compare them with the images.

But yes, Fotoforensics is legitimate resource.

All I'm saying is the pictures aren't "natural". Meaning things were edited, rendered in, changed, etc.

But it's easier and easier for people to put "renderings" in images to make them real.
#95 Posted: 23:01:12 17/05/2016
That little piece stuck on the base looks like a tiny bit of yellow flower.
#96 Posted: 23:04:55 17/05/2016
That little piece stuck on the base looks like a tiny bit of yellow flower.

Yeah I noticed it when it was first posted but it's such a small bit of dirt it didn't feel worth mentioning.

Well I mess with Photoshop, I edit real pictures regularly. But how do you just edit half of a base? The entire thing has to be another color, it'd be one huge part changed showing.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:05:08 17/05/2016 by Bifrost
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#97 Posted: 23:09:12 17/05/2016
Weird, my chopper's base definitely reads W2144, but everyone else's say a different number than mine.
---
Dead
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#98 Posted: 23:10:56 17/05/2016
Quote: mega spyro
Weird, my chopper's base definitely reads W2144, but everyone else's say a different number than mine.

Yours is probably from a different batch from later on in Trap Team's life cycle.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#99 Posted: 23:15:33 17/05/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
Quote: mega spyro

Yours is probably from a different batch from later on in Trap Team's life cycle.

Nope. I buy 99% of my figures day one, and I know I bought everything released on TTs launch day.
---
Dead
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me