Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
Prototype chopper? [CLOSED]
orekul Yellow Sparx Gems: 1099
#1 Posted: 09:22:04 17/05/2016 | Topic Creator
This was posted on reddit, it looks like a chopper prototype. Not the best pics but if you brighten it up it looks better.
The purple base is a giveaway though

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:23:15 17/05/2016 by orekul
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#2 Posted: 09:26:12 17/05/2016
Fake.
---
bye
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#3 Posted: 09:51:40 17/05/2016
I'm fairly curious as to which way this'll go, whether it's a fake, just a scrapped prototype for Chopper's original, or a new version of Chopper...

I recall that our first sighting of ~any~ Superchargers figure was a prototype of Spitfire, also done in the black plastic (with clear red/orange flames on the base), which does seem to add a bit more plausibility...

If anything, it gives ~something~ to talk about for Sky 6, at least until we get official news... Maybe even just whether we'll see a lot of reposes, whether they may do the same as Superchargers and have whole new abilities (and not be usable in previous games)...
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#4 Posted: 10:24:01 17/05/2016
That user's name pff, and their constant use of the "LOL" phrase. Hmmmm....

Plus he mentions having no clue on Skylanders. And yeah that purple base is photoshopped. It's likely he got a Chopper prototype.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#5 Posted: 10:52:04 17/05/2016
Even if it's legit, doubt it's for 6skylanders. The pose nearly doesn't change, he's just roaring up instead of neutral, that's what the SC Elites do - Series+s usually change the pose drastically or add their upgrades.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:54:26 17/05/2016 by Bifrost
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#6 Posted: 11:01:05 17/05/2016
Wait, so Chopper was a user-posted image?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#7 Posted: 11:06:20 17/05/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257

The picture is huge, open it on a new tab. I'd keep that a link it could lag real hard for mobile users.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:06:54 17/05/2016 by Bifrost
#8 Posted: 11:35:54 17/05/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: Chompy-King257

The picture is huge, open it on a new tab. I'd keep that a link it could lag real hard for mobile users.

Oh, okay. Thanks.
---
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#9 Posted: 13:10:36 17/05/2016
I cannot see the image. Is it down? I'll take people's word it was a fake.
---
Stay Cool!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#10 Posted: 15:02:40 17/05/2016
Reposting for anyone who can't see it like me.

[User Posted Image]

Probably a prototype, but yeah if you look really closely around the base, you can see where there's the orange bleeding through what was edited. It's fairly likely simply a prototype (im having a hard time seeing since I don't own a Chopper, but it looks like this one is missing the tongue?) or just a repainted one.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#11 Posted: 15:16:48 17/05/2016
Oh yeah, the purple is definately a shoddy edit job. The base is transparent, it should reflect on his fingers being that close. This Chopper is also facing up, I think the actual figure just looks to the front. Not sure, don't have one.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#12 Posted: 16:12:33 17/05/2016
I won't lie, the pose is different enough to be a repose (wide open mouth and facing up) and I think there are a few extra parts, though they could simply be unwanted plastic chunks.

Pretty sure the base color for prototypes is yellow, and that might explain why they decided to go with no colored bases at all last year.

Well, this recent find does make me think about Spitfire's case... Except that was a completely new model with a rather suspicious feature while this looks more like a repose.
Interesting nonetheless.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#13 Posted: 16:17:16 17/05/2016
I wouldn't be sure on that. The Reddit topic where the Chopper image was first posted got removed. And the "Skylandersleaker" didn't post anything else since his topic post.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#14 Posted: 16:29:22 17/05/2016
Tried to take some pictures of mine in the same position. Looks to be some differences.

[User Posted Image]
The lower jaw is thicker and so is the visible eye. The position is more tilted, but looking at where the seams are in my figure, it could have had the legs removed and been tilted upward for the same effect.

[User Posted Image]
This one has the base at the same angle. Looks like it was put on backwards.

Could be a prototype. Could be an altered figure. Most definitely not a repose, as it's not different enough (maybe Eon's Elite, but I doubt it).
---
Thank you for releasing me!
#15 Posted: 17:34:36 17/05/2016
He posted more, mocking us for thinking it's a photoshop
Alright, now the shadows are purple. Either he read my posts and is attempting to look convincing,or it's real I guess. Paintjob is awfully shiny though, and if someone with knowledge of prototypes could look on that base and see if the numbers match anything we'd reach a conclusion quicker.

edit: finally a side photo

[User Posted Image]

Seems like a repose, but I see no upgrades(not even the better rockets),it ain't TFB to not add the regular upgrades or the Wow Pow - unless it has somewhing to do with the roar attack. And can't be an Elite,since it's not a clear base... Whoo boy Spitfire conundrum we're back.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 18:02:31 17/05/2016 by Bifrost
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#16 Posted: 18:10:19 17/05/2016
Looks like the guy bought himself a new 3D printer.
#17 Posted: 18:22:20 17/05/2016
Mmmh... A complete shot in the dark (excuse me for the unintended pun in advance) but... A Lightcore, maybe...?

Lightcores are usually not that different from the regular S1 figures and simply have another pose.

Don't ask me how would a Lightcore Chopper work (his eyes or mouth, maybe?) but at least we know the figure's color doesn't immediately exclude transparent parts in the final model since Spitfire looked the same.

As for the base, it looks a little bit more legit now but still weird since it seems opaque.
EDIT: nevermind, didn't saw its other pictures.
The base looks incredibly legit and the color looks identical to the one used for the Academy logo.
If only we could see the production year... X/

Anyway... Could be seeing things but... Isn't that some kind of small helmet on his head, directly above his eyes?
Could be a hint to his new upgrade if he has any.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:27:36 17/05/2016 by Drek95
#18 Posted: 18:27:36 17/05/2016
I think those are just his oversized eyelids, but the chin thing I can definately see.

The LC theory makes sense. And again, we can't write this off of as too unlikely. Spitfire last year also went to a store with someone who had no idea about Skylanders and nowadays feels more like a deliberate attempt at hype. Is there some irritated employee at Acti sending figures away randomly when it gets close to the reveal date because information wants to be free?

Either way,if this is a S2, I'm still hoping they didn't throw a fit and removed the changes. Wow Pows really don't add much to figures except those that only need a bit of a moveset tweak(Chopper doesn't need that), and while the gimmick-reposes do take away dev time that could've been used on new guys, the new-moveset-but-keep-the-basics could still be used with the Skylander's current appearance since you have models and props ready to animate differently.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:31:37 17/05/2016 by Bifrost
#19 Posted: 18:44:02 17/05/2016
I did noticed the weird eyes but sincerely thought they were some mistake of the 3D printer.
But to say the truth I thought the same about his "helmet" and the bracer on his chin, at first.

Maybe his S2 has him becoming a cyborg...?
Could be a way to mix the old reposes and the revamps, making less drastically different movesets and keeping the spirit of the character (I still think SuperChargers' revamps were mostly an excuse to make racing-themed "fan favorites").

Mmmh... Looks like TfB already tried sticking those robotic eyes on Chopper, at least in concept arts:

[User Posted Image]
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:04:39 17/05/2016 by Drek95
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#20 Posted: 19:04:40 17/05/2016
With the new pics, it does look more different. I notice the feet have bigger bracers as well. Maybe an upgrade to his armor as a whole?
---
Thank you for releasing me!
#21 Posted: 19:07:19 17/05/2016
Yup, that was from his Tech Giant days. Would be a pretty nice callback if so.

Darn it's still Chopper and not Triggs for the umpteenth time getting some love. I don't care if it'll be found fake by tomorrow I want to believe.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:07:37 17/05/2016 by Bifrost
#22 Posted: 19:09:13 17/05/2016
Quote: ladala
With the new pics, it does look more different. I notice the feet have bigger bracers as well. Maybe an upgrade to his armor as a whole?

Wait a second.
Now that I looked at it a bit more, does he even has his regular feet?
I only see two bigger mechanical claws (maybe his feet are hidden but still).

I absolutely agree, I want to believe soo bad.
It's just awesome we can finally go back to some kind of speculation!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:13:13 17/05/2016 by Drek95
#23 Posted: 19:12:42 17/05/2016
In that angle they could be covered by the plate, but yeah, you can only see his claw enhancements.
I think I'm refreshing this and the r/skylanders page too much though, got some homework to do. In a word, the figure looks legit and great,but the guy's attitude and the 'skylandersleaker' name does not make me trust him. You guys have fun for the next few hours.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:21:15 17/05/2016 by Bifrost
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#24 Posted: 19:29:08 17/05/2016
In that angle they could be covered by the plate, but yeah, you can only see his claw enhancements.
I think I'm refreshing this and the r/skylanders page too much though, got some homework to do. In a word, the figure looks legit and great,but the guy's attitude and the 'skylandersleaker' name does not make me trust him. You guys have fun for the next few hours.

That is true! The name is skylandersleaker but he didn't know what Skylanders was before taking the picture? That's laughable! I REALLY don't want this to be real because then that implies that they are making reposes and I don't want to buy more reposes. I just want new characters! A small roster of new characters and some killer gameplay!
#25 Posted: 19:36:56 17/05/2016
Can someone who's good at photo editing check this image out and get a better read on the bottom? I've tried but it comes out like crap. It's looking like a 2014 to me, but it could be anything.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Stay Cool!
#26 Posted: 19:41:42 17/05/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

That is true! The name is skylandersleaker but he didn't know what Skylanders was before taking the picture? That's laughable!

Not to mention his constant use of "lol" in his posts. He's probably taking in all the attention.

Pff, and the instagramers are immediately labeling the toy as a "Series 2".
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:14:58 17/05/2016 by Aura24
#27 Posted: 19:55:14 17/05/2016
After looking a bit at the image of the base fairyland posted, and comparing it to the base of my Chopper, I think the 4 of "2014", is actually the A in "Activision".

The year's writing ends with something which looks more similar to a 3, a 5 or... A 6! smilie
Don't want to generate misleading hype though.

This is just my consideration, will try to have a clearer image.
The fact this figure's base has a shape identical to that of Trap Team's Chopper doesn't help.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:59:41 17/05/2016 by Drek95
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#28 Posted: 20:02:25 17/05/2016
It's fake, stop speculating as if this was a true leak and getting your hopes up (or down if you hate reposes).
---
bye
#29 Posted: 20:04:13 17/05/2016
Quote: newkill
It's fake, stop speculating as if this was a true leak and getting your hopes up (or down if you hate reposes).

That's already happening on instagram.
---
#30 Posted: 20:05:30 17/05/2016

Well, how do you know it's 100% fake?
#31 Posted: 20:07:38 17/05/2016

Oh, hi, visitor from a close future!
Can you please tell us other marvelous insights from the world of tomorrow?

Like... Any sign of The Last of Us 2, at the E3?
New gameplay videos for Sun and Moon?
The reveal of FromSoftware's new IP?

Please, don't hold back your knowledge, share it with us inhabitants of the past!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#32 Posted: 20:07:55 17/05/2016
Yeah newkill, I know you were right the last few times,but you gotta tell us. The base doesn't look fake in the newer pictures at all.
---
#33 Posted: 20:11:13 17/05/2016
[User Posted Image]

Clear image of the base... Yep, that's definitely a 2016 on that base. This is not a drill, folks! That is a prototype toy from Skylanders 6... I'm still going with Lightcore Chopper. Unless this is a REALLY good Photoshop. Wonder why he was acting so mysterious and trollish, then...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:14:16 17/05/2016 by TheToyNerd
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#34 Posted: 20:14:21 17/05/2016
Yesss!

Our first real leak, and one of my favorite characters gets a repose!
---
Hahahahaha
#35 Posted: 20:15:57 17/05/2016
Well I'll be darned...
---
#36 Posted: 20:17:52 17/05/2016
YEEEEEEESSSSSSS!

Bases are back, the theme color is purple and we have at least one never seen before repose!
I freaking jumped around my room.

I said it back in 2014 and I'll say it again: welcome back, Toys for Bob! smilie

Not going to say anything about Cores returning since it could be a revamp Gimmicklander but frankly we are talking about a different development team with... How can I say it... A better idea of the series' identity.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:04:07 17/05/2016 by Drek95
#37 Posted: 20:19:33 17/05/2016
[User Posted Image]

Clear image of the base... Yep, that's definitely a 2016 on that base. This is not a drill, folks! That is a prototype toy from Skylanders 6... I'm still going with Lightcore Chopper. Unless this is a REALLY good Photoshop. Wonder why he was acting so mysterious and trollish, then...

[User Posted Image]

Chopper is my favorite core from Trap Team, too, so I'm really freaking out.
---
#38 Posted: 20:20:20 17/05/2016
Quote: Drawdler
Wonder why he was acting so mysterious and trollish, then...

Some people are just butts. Like me.

You're not a butt :C
Really,that guy is just all around full of it. Nobody told him that,because he put no watermarks on the pictures,kids on instagram will call the dibs instead and get all the glory.

Instant karmic retribution.His thread got deleted too, again. Portalflip mentioned he didn't know why it happened the first time so it's not him.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:21:56 17/05/2016 by Bifrost
#39 Posted: 20:22:13 17/05/2016
Is that a number under the CE like what we find with all officially released figures? Do they put those numbers on the prototypes too? If it's fake, then I want this guy to make me up a few dozen figures as it's really good. LOL!

Anyway, who's going end up getting this years leak? Matteomax again? LOL Good luck to whoever is sending a PM to the guy for a direct buy.
---
Stay Cool!
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#40 Posted: 20:22:28 17/05/2016
What a coincidence we have another prototype leaked nearly the same date as last year's spitfire: This is either deliberate or Activision unable to control leaks up to this point (the nearer they get to start mass production the more people gets involved).

Apart from the purple color of the base there is not really any clues to what the "innovation" will be this time around. Assuming the pictures are legit, I could say chopper looks more fierce, grown up even, but that's already very subjective.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#41 Posted: 20:29:49 17/05/2016
Wonder why he was acting so mysterious and trollish, then...

Really,that guy is just all around full of it. Nobody told him that,because he put no watermarks on the pictures,kids on instagram will call the dibs instead and get all the glory.

Instant karmic retribution.His thread got deleted too, again. Portalflip mentioned he didn't know why it happened the first time so it's not him.

Hope the devs don't track him down >> Or they probably saw the thread already....
---
#42 Posted: 20:33:19 17/05/2016
You can still acess the thread from his userpage, only the OP was removed. In case anyone has yet to save the pictures.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:33:32 17/05/2016 by Bifrost
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#43 Posted: 20:34:39 17/05/2016
Oh I feel bad for that guy if he didn't really know what he was doing.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#44 Posted: 20:35:40 17/05/2016
Quote: Aura24

Hope the devs don't track him down >> Or they probably saw the thread already....

This might be heading into conspiracy town, but I think Activision is doing these on purpose. We literally had this near exactly thing happen last year. A solid black figure prototype version of a new character gets into the hands of a random person. Sounds mighty suspicious!
#45 Posted: 20:40:01 17/05/2016
Quote: angelg
Oh I feel bad for that guy if he didn't really know what he was doing.

He claimed to not know what Skylanders was before posting his images online and then named himself "skylandersleaker". He probably knew something.
---
#46 Posted: 20:40:31 17/05/2016
Quote: angelg
What a coincidence we have another prototype leaked nearly the same date as last year's spitfire: This is either deliberate or Activision unable to control leaks up to this point (the nearer they get to start mass production the more people gets involved).

Apart from the purple color of the base there is not really any clues to what the "innovation" will be this time around. Assuming the pictures are legit, I could say chopper looks more fierce, grown up even, but that's already very subjective.

Perhaps Chopper is this years base figure pack-in for the Starter set? Seeing that Spitfire was the pack-in last year and all that.

I'm still iffy about as how he had obtained it as his excuse is just as fishy as last year's excuse. I mean he got it for free with a TV set he bought online? I bought a TV last week as well but I didn't get anything extra. LOL These people really should provide proof and name names or something if we want to take them seriously.

But anyway, I'm rather surprised that they didn't change the base up just a little. It seems rather cheap to not change things up at all. I mean, I was expecting some gaudy grandiose bases like SC or at least noticeably changed bases. Glad to see the purple though, as it's my fav color.
---
Stay Cool!
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me