Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Nintendo Movies are officially happening
Page 1 of 1
Nintendo Movies are officially happening [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#1 Posted: 22:40:34 15/05/2016 | Topic Creator
https://mynintendonews.com/201...movie-business/

Not much was revealed, but they confirmed that movies are indeed happening, they want to do as much work on them as they can in-house (meaning they want to create them with their own staff more than they want to outsource them), and that they are targeting for their first movie to be ready in 2-3 years.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
spyro fan 8 Ripto Gems: 2948
#2 Posted: 22:48:57 15/05/2016
Yessssss after Skyward Sword I'm convinced Nintendo can do movies/cutscenes properly. Story was never their strong suit in the past but I'm very happy about this news
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3 Posted: 22:50:32 15/05/2016
DI ends before any other TTL, Nintendo taking tips from Activision and starting inhouse production of animated projects? 2016 you scary.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:50:49 15/05/2016 by Bifrost
Yoshi Emerald Sparx Gems: 3062
#4 Posted: 23:14:42 15/05/2016
Not sure if I like this idea. I see potential, I just hope Nintendo doesn't f it up.

But I hope they never give Link an actual voice. I like him without one. If they do though, for the love of god Nintendo, don't make another Cdi Link. The only thing he was good for was YTPs and the such.
---
Wow
Such signature
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#5 Posted: 23:39:42 15/05/2016
If they do (Let's be real here, they're going to eventually) make a LoZ please for the love of Majora leave him mute. It makes it all the better.

I think we can all agree that whatever Mario movie Nintendo makes (because it's gonna happen) is better than the Super Mario Bros. movie we had back in 1993 (wow I didn't realize it's that old)
#6 Posted: 00:02:59 16/05/2016
I wouldn't mind VAed Link but I think it'd be best to keep him as a quiet person. Just yes or nos or small sentences, there's a bit of charm to see him face huge foes and not spout catchphrases.
---
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#7 Posted: 00:03:51 16/05/2016
metroid movie please

im not ashamed of begging
#8 Posted: 00:11:27 16/05/2016
Quote: IsisStormDragon
metroid movie please

im not ashamed of begging

At this point no one should be ashamed of asking when's metroid. Dunno about a movie first things first,though.
---
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#9 Posted: 00:21:04 16/05/2016
Quote: Bifrost
I wouldn't mind VAed Link but I think it'd be best to keep him as a quiet person. Just yes or nos or small sentences, there's a bit of charm to see him face huge foes and not spout catchphrases.

LET'S GO BOMB SOME DODONGOS!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:33:09 16/05/2016 by TheToyNerd
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#10 Posted: 01:37:16 16/05/2016
inb4 they end up just as bad as most Video-game movies
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#11 Posted: 01:42:01 16/05/2016
Y'see, I'd like the "we want to keep things in-house" statement, if Nintendo didn't have a relatively spotty record with English voice acting in their first-party titles. About the only game that I think handled full voiceover work well is Kid Icarus: Uprising. Now of course, they have the funds to hire decent voice talent, in theory. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see. *shrug*
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#12 Posted: 01:55:51 16/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR
Y'see, I'd like the "we want to keep things in-house" statement, if Nintendo didn't have a relatively spotty record with English voice acting in their first-party titles. About the only game that I think handled full voiceover work well is Kid Icarus: Uprising. Now of course, they have the funds to hire decent voice talent, in theory. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see. *shrug*

The thing is, the process for voice acting between most games and movies, is completely different, which often effects their quality in the games. Stuff like lines being fragmented and all over the place in video game recordings (as in they aren't in sequential order), actors not recording in the same studio, etc.

Good example is Star Fox Zero and Fox/Falco in Smash 4. Compare the quality of the acting in those games to the recent animated short, and it's like night and day. But they all have the same actors. The animated short sounds way better though, because it had a proper TV Show/movie style studio recording, and good voice direction.
---
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#13 Posted: 01:56:52 16/05/2016
Honestly, this could work. As long as they use animation and for the love of god not use live action, I think it'll be ok for the most part.

Mario could work as a simple "save the princess from Bowser" thing.

LoZ could be difficult as I'm not sure how the dungeons and puzzle elements would fit in at all, and if you ignore that, it's basically "hero fights villain to save princess" making it pretty forgettable.

Metroid would probably only work as either a horror/thriller or something more along the lines of prime 3 or Other M, having a bunch of other characters for Samus to interact with.

Kirby, uh, it could work I guess, but it would probably work best with something like crystal shards or RtDL, as having a party to communicate with is essential, especially because Kirby barely talks. It NEEDS a hard-core disturbing boss though, or else it ain't kirby.

I know little to nothing about Kid Icarus or Fire emblem, but I hear they have great characters, so they might work well.

Star fox? I dunno, could have cool effects, and the Pigma betrayal could be interesting enough.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#14 Posted: 01:58:58 16/05/2016
Read the article posted. Looks like a lot of wants and hopes and not much getting officially confirmed. I'll take this with a grain of salt until I see an actual title get announced.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#15 Posted: 01:58:03 17/05/2016
this would be so cool. I just hope if they make them, they wont be as bad as other video game movies.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
QueenChrysalis Green Sparx Gems: 465
#16 Posted: 14:00:28 23/05/2016
Quote: sonicbrawler182
(meaning they want to create them with their own staff more than they want to outsource them)

I am wracking my brain trying to comprehend why they would even consider this!
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#17 Posted: 17:04:02 23/05/2016
I have no faith in all this. To make films based on games, writers and directors will need to be pragmetic. You can't fit the amount of the stuff from a game to a film lasting 90 minutes or 2 hours. And no, you shouldn't be concerned by trying to shove in interaction in a non-interactive medium. Don't Mathew Patrick tell you otherwise. Yes, your taking away an element of the game when translating it to film but when you take something away, you must replace it with something else. If a film based on a game sucks, it's not likely the lack of the interaction, it could be writers not getting what made a story work like Ratchet & Clank, in which the new game and film wasn't about Ratchet AND Clank. It should've been called Ratchet & Qwark or Ratchet & The Galactic Ranger or Ratchet The Galactic Ranger.

The more obvious element why most films based on games suck so much is because filmmakers don't give a **** about the games in the first place. Look how much they ****ed up with that Super Mario Bros. movie. Look at the horrible miscast in the Wing Commander movie.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
QueenChrysalis Green Sparx Gems: 465
#18 Posted: 17:46:42 23/05/2016
Quote: StevemacQ
The more obvious element why most films based on games suck so much is because filmmakers don't give a **** about the games in the first place. Look how much they ****ed up with that Super Mario Bros. movie. Look at the horrible miscast in the Wing Commander movie.

This is why Nintendo making the movies in house is a good thing. Nintendo actually cares about its franchises... Compared to other major companies like EA and Activision, anyway.

I do not agree that taking away the interactivity inherently makes a video-game series irredeemable. Some videogames thrive on their setting and characters. Others would make a better movie than game. While others are just movies with gameplay in between the "cutscenes".
#19 Posted: 23:02:00 23/05/2016 | Topic Creator
I highly doubt Nintendo plan to adapt a SPECIFIC game into a movie.

I think it's more like they will just make movies based on fracnhises in general. Like a Mario movie that has Mario making his way to Bowser's Castle to save Peach, and along the way, he participates in kart races, board games, fights Koopalings, and builds up a party with characters like Luigi, Toad, Yoshi, and Wario.

Or a Fire Emblem movie that pulls loads of big Fire Emblem characters together for some kind of action flick.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#20 Posted: 23:47:25 23/05/2016
Yeah, I don't see any specific games getting an adaptation. If any series could get away with film adaptations of game plots, it would probably be Zelda or Metroid. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#21 Posted: 00:18:26 24/05/2016
Calling it right now, the first movie they're going to make is Zelda.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
GarbageMemes101 Ripto Gems: 670
#22 Posted: 05:21:06 25/05/2016
hope its ok but i doubt it
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me