Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Doom (2016)
QueenChrysalis Green Sparx Gems: 465
#1 Posted: 11:04:21 12/05/2016 | Topic Creator

Doom...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:30:25 18/05/2016 by JCW555
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#2 Posted: 14:35:48 12/05/2016
Why is this here?
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#3 Posted: 17:55:49 12/05/2016
Is this about the reboot of DOOM? Is it released or already released?
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#4 Posted: 18:07:42 12/05/2016
This was honestly an amazing topic, holy ****.
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6460
#5 Posted: 20:31:03 12/05/2016
I've been waiting for this game since it was announced... far too long ago. I have to wait until tomorrow for a physical copy to come in the mail but I've waited so long, I can wait a little longer. I want this game so bad.

Gore warning in trailer.

#6 Posted: 06:18:37 18/05/2016
Since the Doom thread is dead over in video games I figured I'd post here so whatever. Anyone play the new DOOM?

I just finished the campaign and wow it was amazing. Took some screenshots while I was playing through the game but some have spoilers so I'll uh... just spoiler those so if you don't want to be spoiled on bosses and surprise stuff, don't click on those. A lot of what i took is just scenery except the spoiler stuff. Hell is really... cool looking I guess? Supposed to be but yeah. It was just such a great game and I'm so happy with it.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Spoiler images

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#7 Posted: 06:27:02 18/05/2016
I played the original Doom games and was never a fan, but with how much people were talking to me about it, I decided to rent it on Redbox.

I ****ing love it.
It's way more fun that I expected. I guess I thought it'd be more like Wolfenstein: The New Order (which I have a strong general disdain for), but I'm pleasantly surprised that it isn't. I wish I had more time with it, but since I'm a broke college kid, I could only afford it up until tonight. After I get Overwatch, I'll definitely be picking this up. I've enjoyed it too much not to.

Also I really loved that brilliant Terminator 2 Easter Egg on mission 3.
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#8 Posted: 18:10:42 18/05/2016
Great game, absolutly buy recommendation for all shooter fans.

But what do you're thinking about the end? Maybe a addon that plays on Phobos and Deimos like the original Doom.
#9 Posted: 18:59:04 18/05/2016
Quote: Jeriba
Great game, absolutly buy recommendation for all shooter fans.

But what do you're thinking about the end? Maybe a addon that plays on Phobos and Deimos like the original Doom.

No, Deimos actually shows up in the sky of the first hell level if you look. They should go to earth in the next one.

Quote: StriderSwag
I played the original Doom games and was never a fan, but with how much people were talking to me about it, I decided to rent it on Redbox.

I ****ing love it.
It's way more fun that I expected. I guess I thought it'd be more like Wolfenstein: The New Order (which I have a strong general disdain for), but I'm pleasantly surprised that it isn't. I wish I had more time with it, but since I'm a broke college kid, I could only afford it up until tonight. After I get Overwatch, I'll definitely be picking this up. I've enjoyed it too much not to.

Also I really loved that brilliant Terminator 2 Easter Egg on mission 3.

Why don't you like Wolfenstein: TNO? Until the new DOOM it was the best fps I'd played in years. And I'm such a huge fan of classic DOOM, and I've even made a few DOOM maps myself.

Spoiler for the story of the new DOOM:

The new game is a sequel to DOOM 64 actually, with DOOM 1 and 2 having actually happened and the final boss of DOOM 2 actually shows up
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:30:13 19/05/2016 by JCW555
#10 Posted: 04:20:21 13/06/2016
The first level of DOOM 2016 is free for one week only. If anyone wants to try it, now would be the best time.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#11 Posted: 18:36:51 14/06/2016
Got to play the first level (twice) and I'm pretty damn impressed with the speed of the whole thing. A nice change of pace from the more realistic movement every other shooter likes to have nowadays.

I enjoyed the original DOOM so I'm bound to really get into this.
QueenChrysalis Green Sparx Gems: 465
#12 Posted: 02:58:52 15/06/2016 | Topic Creator
I wouldn't say other shooters have realistic movement, I mean: "Oh no! There is a line of sand-bags in my way that is just that little bit higher than my jumping height! How will I possible get passed it?"
#13 Posted: 20:04:50 15/06/2016
Quote: CAV
Got to play the first level (twice) and I'm pretty damn impressed with the speed of the whole thing. A nice change of pace from the more realistic movement every other shooter likes to have nowadays.

I enjoyed the original DOOM so I'm bound to really get into this.

Cool. Yeah it's a really fun game. Highly recommend it.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me