Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > If/When Skylanders Ends, What Will You Get Into?
Page 1 of 1
If/When Skylanders Ends, What Will You Get Into? [CLOSED]
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1 Posted: 22:06:45 10/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Say that Skylanders 6 doesn't do very well, so it becomes the last game in the whole series. What would you guys do then?

I would probably spend my time and money trying to collect some of the Chase Variants that I missed. I'd most likely buy a bunch of Nintendo games I've wanted as well, like Pokken, Smash 4, and Super Mario Maker. Also, I'd probably start getting into amiibo, but I'd only get the ones of my favorite characters.

So, what would you guys do if/when Skylanders ends?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2 Posted: 22:09:08 10/05/2016
Probably shift over to Marvel Legends figures and/or Pops. I will keep my Spyro's Adventure figures forever as my appreciation for the series. Will probably sell everything else, though... I will still keep a few characters that I really like.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:06:54 10/05/2016 by TheToyNerd
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3 Posted: 22:11:44 10/05/2016
Actually start investing in a better computer. About time I started playing more on Steam.
Don't think I'd sell my figures though. Aside from memories and customs, I still have 4(or 5) games to play with my entire collection. Even if I never replay them, might gift them to a nephew or someone that'll enjoy it just as much.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#4 Posted: 22:18:07 10/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I agree. I may not play the series as much, I'd never sell any of my figures.
---
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#5 Posted: 22:40:12 10/05/2016
Skylanders is already pretty much an afterthought at this point for me, I don't think it'd change much on the video game side of things.

I would probably find another collectable-type-thing to go after after a bit. I'm always collecting something small after all. Maybe I'd get into Pokemon TCG since that's what was competing with Skylanders for my hobby money when Skylanders came out. Maybe something else would catch my interest. I just know that I'd probably not get into another toys-to-life game since Skylanders is so stressful with its paywalls - punishing you for not getting toys rather than just rewarding you for getting toys.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#6 Posted: 23:12:47 10/05/2016
Maybe I'll finally put the effort into seeking out the DK Coin-Op I've wanted to add to my collection - or restoring my Popeye cabinet.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#7 Posted: 23:20:58 10/05/2016
I never think that far ahead . Maybe what I get into has not been invented yet so i cannot say .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#8 Posted: 23:27:35 10/05/2016
Put money towards a new guitar.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#9 Posted: 23:53:46 10/05/2016
Catch up on graphic novels, get my hands on fancy-schmancy craft supplies, add a bit of decorum to my already-cluttered workroom, visit more conventions, find a new tablet and maybe nab an original print from my ever-growing list of favorite artists. Don't know what I'll get into, per se. I like the looks of a few online card games, but not anything else. I don't really have anything planned, but, if and when the time comes, I'll probably give everyone else away besides the Swappers. And maybe anyone else who'll bring back good memories of bashing Chompies. Already gave a Superchargers Starter Pack to a little kid; maybe he'll be interested in whatever happens to be left of the lot.
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:54:43 10/05/2016 by BlueFox
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#10 Posted: 00:04:39 11/05/2016
Since Skylanders is a big part of my gaming tastes, I'm gonna have much less to buy without it. Maybe I will get into Amiibo, and... Just buy the games that I want.
---
Bruh
#11 Posted: 00:23:02 11/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Crash10
Since Skylanders is a big part of my gaming tastes, I'm gonna have much less to buy without it. Maybe I will get into Amiibo, and... Just buy the games that I want.

This is basically what I would do.
---
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#12 Posted: 01:30:46 11/05/2016
I think most of us have been more or less in hiatus as far as collecting goes and if skylanders does end by the next game then we'll probably keep figs, sell them but cherish the memories on here and with the figs. I'll probably keep mine for as long as I can, purposely haven't opened really any outside the starters in all this time but some of the boxes have taken a beating as i haven't put them all away yet in bins. I still have 3 games to get through but I highly doubt I'll even get into the 6th game at all.

I think all the toys to life outside of lego won't have a real chance of pushing farther beyond the wall. Infinity found theirs since they milked the biggest two franchises outside of the normal ones (star wars and marvel) and skylanders has done swappable figures, traps to play as villains, vehicles, bigger figures, lightcores...you get it. They really have done just about everything except villain skylander figures. They really have nothing new gimmick wise that would be feasible to get behind and vehicles would be the last thing you would do so it's going to be a wait and see what they do. I'd say at any time they could stop making them.

But I'd move onto my long list of games and stories I need to get through and I have over 20 games that need it, including arkham knight and uncharted 4 now.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:36:54 11/05/2016 by tigerdr
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#13 Posted: 04:42:28 11/05/2016
I've so many interests that I probably wouldn't miss Skylanders as something would easily replace it. I probably will end up getting whatever new fantasy cartoon series that is out there that is heavy with fantasy women to collect. Something like DC Super Hero Girls, Monster High or Equestria Girls, which I already collect. Or perhaps I'll get a PS4 and get into the next wave of JRPGs to play, although I'm so backed up with unplayed RPG games from PS2 to now.
---
Stay Cool!
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#14 Posted: 06:07:21 11/05/2016
I'll still be playing Nintendo's new games, and I'll be playing lots of retro games on my old consoles, and of course there's indie games like Yooka-Laylee and Shantae: Half Genie Hero which have me hyped. Unfortunately I'm not all that interested in the gritty, non-cartoony games that most big developers make nowadays, so there isn't much aside from Nintendo, a few indie games, and toys-to-life games that gets me interested in modern gaming.
---
Boop me if you see this.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#15 Posted: 06:43:06 11/05/2016
I'll sell my least favourite figures (If they're even wort anything by then) And focus fully on getting the old Spyro games and completing the Pokedex.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#16 Posted: 06:53:45 11/05/2016
I don't want to think about it yet. Skylanders has become a pretty important part of my life, it's not only one hobby among others to me.
---
bye
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#17 Posted: 07:18:52 11/05/2016
Sometimes there's no substitute for a hobby. Skylanders is quite unique in it's genre and even I if collect other stuff I won't find a replacement for it. No way I will sell my figures, doing so would be selling the effort as well which I have put into hunting them and the enjoyable times I have spent playing those ( i remembered putting adverts for my light and dark expansions pack just to see how much people were willing to pay, but i had no intention at all of selling them)

As far as other hobbies goes, I have quite a lot, I don't think I'll ever be bored with my free time. I have always been very involved with the medieval fantasy games: (Dark souls series, , Skyrim, etc) so I will continue with that. Lately I'm discovering the great indie games that are out there as well: child of light, limbo, journey, etc. Not to mention I love designing outfits for these games ( or even real commisionning).

I'll probably start building a gaming pc, I'm looking forward to try great games like DOTA 2 and Aion.

Oh and for those wondering about getting a ps4, well, go for it, there are incredible games out there, which can even change your view of life: Dark souls 2 and 3, bloodborne, last of us, skyrim (ps3), child of light, etc. IS not like I want to prmote anything (sorry if it sounds like it is), but honestly, is a great universe ahead of you that you may be missing. Not to mention Skylanders looks great in the new generation consoles.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:24:26 11/05/2016 by angelg
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#18 Posted: 07:38:30 11/05/2016
^Is pretty expensive at your country (Australia, right?). At my country is about 300 euros, brand new, and you can find the games in wallapop for about 15 euros each, second handed (which works fine). But yeah, if you are only interested in those three games, wait for a wider catalogue that fits better your tastes, so that your purchase is more justified, while at the same time you'll get it at a lower price.

As for me there are lot of games that made the console a must buy ( fallout 4, dark souls 3, final fantasy XIV, bloodborne, witcher 3, far cry primal, etc) so I didn't think much about it. I guess you've already tried Dark souls 1 and 2, but be sure you try the third one as well, as the desgins are heavily influenced by bloodborne's ones, so there's a a possibility you might like it.

Sorry for the off topic, end of it.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#19 Posted: 12:01:02 11/05/2016
I don't know world domination I guess Hail Hydra! In all seriousness though I don't know what I would do there really isn't much out there for me and it doesn't help I have the monopoly of having all my happy places disappearing for so many years.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#20 Posted: 12:08:08 11/05/2016
I'll probably continue buying some games every so often, even if that won't happen for a while (bought the Nintendo Humble Bundle). Until I do spot a game I want to buy, then I'll just be catching up on figurines from other board games I really love. Super Dungeon Explore, Arcadia Quest, Rivet Wars, even Krosmaster. I have a ways to go...
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#21 Posted: 12:28:08 11/05/2016
Probably focus entirely on Nintendo and get the occasional amiibo for TTL but that's about it. Now that DI is dead, Skylanders (and to a small degree, amiibo) is the only TTL franchise I love. I hope to God Skylanders stay alive now that it's main competitor is out of the ring.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#22 Posted: 13:29:35 11/05/2016
My youngest is still about Skylanders, so I will be with it until the end. I will keep the figures on display with all the other figures that I have. Nature abhors a vacuum, so once Skylanders ends, it won't be long before something else consumes that time. Keeping my leisure time occupied has never been an issue. I have plenty of other games to play and books to read.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#23 Posted: 14:03:23 11/05/2016
Well, I'd certainly have much more money. I would probably too buy more Nintendo games since it is one of my favorite gaming companies and it brings out some good games each year. Though it will be very hard to let Skylanders go, since it became more than just a game to me. I think I won't buy any TTL products after Skyanders is dead just to honor it with being my first and last TTL experience.
DragonShine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#24 Posted: 18:54:03 11/05/2016
I guess I'll start buying the Skylanders I don't have yet and expand outside my favourites plus buy games that used to be expensive for me due to collecting.
---
Still trying to recruit to my dragon army:S2 Bash, S2 Zap, Thorn Horn Camo, S1 Whirlwind,s1 Cynder
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#25 Posted: 18:57:14 12/05/2016
Wait for another good franchise to come up with non-human playable characters... assuming that ever happens again.
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#26 Posted: 21:32:52 12/05/2016
I might start get more interested in serching for "Lost Media", if that happends. And no, i'm not going to look for Skylanders Lost Media the only thing forgotten or even lost of it it's Skylanders: Universe or Spyro's Universe.
KingDedede Red Sparx Gems: 59
#27 Posted: 03:29:13 13/05/2016
Well, I always have my vast amiibo collection. I'm sure other TTL games will enter the ring. Maybe I could get into those. I'll probably still play Nintendo games.
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#28 Posted: 10:49:45 13/05/2016
Saving my money.
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#29 Posted: 12:08:45 13/05/2016
I also collect tmnt,pop's,amiibo,and now have a almost complete infinity collection,not to mention hot wheels and video games I would hate to see them go but I would have a lot to collect
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#30 Posted: 12:09:21 13/05/2016
DI 3.0 Starwars is always an option I guess ?
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Garygoh884 Gold Sparx Gems: 2854
#31 Posted: 14:26:12 13/05/2016
Though I didn't own any of these console games, and if Skylanders said it's ending, I might try to find other interests.

Also in fact, the playable characters in the first three games are still in mind. I'd never take them off. "Inspiration" is all I can say.

(btw, I almost had plans to buy SWAP Force...)
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#32 Posted: 16:26:46 13/05/2016
I will rejoice and play a lot of mmo,rpg and hope for a new Spyro game,I stopped caring after Giants anyway because they removed all my favorites(flashwing and whirlwind)and more than likely do the entire Divinity franchise from beginning to end(have the first three and original sin so far) and of course play a lot of Skyrim so for me it won't hurt me in any way.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#33 Posted: 16:28:15 13/05/2016
That's cool, but Flashwing and Whirlind haven't gone anywhere. Pretty sure that coming here just to boast it's not your problem isn't exactly on the subject.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#34 Posted: 18:23:14 13/05/2016
Quote: UncleBob
Maybe I'll finally put the effort into seeking out the DK Coin-Op I've wanted to add to my collection - or restoring my Popeye cabinet.

YEAH!! The classics rule!
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#35 Posted: 19:42:09 13/05/2016
I'm going to keep hold of the all the figures. I'll hang around and see what becomes of Spyro, and I'll carry on messing around with the Classic and LoS series Sonic and Ratchet and Clank. (Even though I haven't bought any Sonic games in ages.) I can't get into newer games and such, I stick with the older things. Skylanders happens to be the newest franchise that I've ever committed to. ('Cause Spyro.)
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
boomerfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1602
#36 Posted: 21:00:01 06/06/2016
As i collect all 4 toys to life games (3 now disney infinity has been cancelled) and if skylanders ended, i would focus more on amiibo and lego dimensions.
---
smilieBRING THE BOOM!smilie
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#37 Posted: 00:26:06 07/06/2016
Quote: fyra
I will rejoice and play a lot of mmo,rpg and hope for a new Spyro game,I stopped caring after Giants anyway because they removed all my favorites(flashwing and whirlwind)and more than likely do the entire Divinity franchise from beginning to end(have the first three and original sin so far) and of course play a lot of Skyrim so for me it won't hurt me in any way.

They removed nothing. They gave Flashwing a lightcore in SF and Whirlwind a series 3, a mini and an elite. And even if they didn't give them reposes and variants they would still be playable.

I will never understand why some are happy when something ends just because they didn't like it.
---
Hahahahaha
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#38 Posted: 01:09:42 07/06/2016
I will take up into ball and cry in a corner for the rest of my life.

Jk, probably get into pop figures more and amiibo
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#39 Posted: 16:25:55 09/06/2016
Quote: PwnageFTW

are you really that emotional invested?
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#40 Posted: 16:30:21 09/06/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: PwnageFTW

are you really that emotional invested?

I said jk, I don't expect skylanders to continue forever.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
ShadowThePika Red Sparx Gems: 57
#41 Posted: 04:34:47 13/06/2016
I already collect plenty of other video games, and I collect Kamen Rider/Power Rangers figures more regularly than Skylanders, so i have more than enough to keep me occupied. Still need to finish the Smash Amiibo as well.
night bomb guy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1538
#42 Posted: 12:13:44 13/06/2016
I'd hunt down all the figs I wanted and missed. This applies to Disney Infinity, so far.
---
This account has been closed in favor of a new account name.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me