Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Mariotale - Which Storyline To Use?
Page 1 of 1
Mariotale - Which Storyline To Use? [CLOSED]
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1 Posted: 21:32:58 10/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Howdy, folks. It's me. Today, I just wanted to ask your advice on something. Note that this is mainly directed towards people familiar with both the Undertale and Super Mario series, but I'd appreciate any help.

Well, some of you might of heard of Undertale AUs, such as Underswap, Underfell, Outertale and others. For those who don't, I've linked an article to help you a bit: http://farsidejr.deviantart.co...e-AUs-582035769

You're probably wondering why I'm talking about this. Well, I'll tell you - I'm planning on making my own Undertale AU. Not a game necessarily, but just something like a fan-fiction or a story. My idea here is to cross it over the the Super Mario world. What I mean here is that the Undertale story stays the same (or somewhat similar,) but the Undertale characters are replaced my Mario characters. I like this idea a lot, and I think I could do a lot of cool things with the concept. There's just one thing - I don't know what storyline to use for this. I mean, I don't know who each character should be.

I have two potential stories, but there's issues with both of them. That's why I'm here - I want to know what one is better, and what one I should use.

The first potential storyline is one I cal the King Bowser Storyline. To give you an idea of how the story would play out, I'll say who which Mario character would be what Undertale character.

Plum - Frisk
Ace - Chara
Fire Flower - Flowey
Peach - Toriel
Mario - Sans
Luigi - Papyrus
Daisy - Undyne
??? - Alphys
Waluigi - Mettaton
Wario - Napstablook
Bowser - Asgore
Bowser Jr. - Asriel
Diddy Kong - Temmie
Donkey Kong - Greater Dog
Yoshi - Doggo
Toad and Toadette - Dogamy and Dogaressa
Goomba - Annoying Dog
E. Gadd - Gaster
Rosalina - Muffet
Dry Bone Skulls - Gaster Blasters

I like this one because Bowser fits Asgore and Bowser Jr. fits Asriel pretty well, but that's about it. My main problem with this is that the story wouldn't make much sense. For example, why would Daisy work for Bowser, and why would Luigi want to? Why would Bowser be king of the land, and why wouldn't Mario or Luigi try to stop him? Also, who the Heck would Alphys be? I like this one for a bit, but then I just see too many issues for it to work. What do you think? Could this one work?

Then there's the other possible storyline - The one I call the King Mario storyline. This one is a little sadder, but it makes more sense in my opinion.

Bowser Jr. - Frisk
Baby Peach - Chara
Fire Flower - Flowey
Peach - Toriel
Wario - Sans
Waluigi - Papyrus
Daisy - Undyne
Luigi - Alphys
Birdo - Mettaton
Boo - Napstablook
Mario - Asgore
Baby Mario - Asriel
Diddy Kong - Temmie
Greater Dog - Donkey Kong
Doggo - Yoshi
Lesser Dog - Poochy
Toad and Toadette - Dogamy and Dogaressa
Chain Chomp - Annoying Dog
Rosalina - Muffet
Dry Bone Skulls - Gaster Blasters

I like this one for a number of reasons. First off, the story would make sense for this one. It makes sense that Mario would be king, and Peach would be the runaway queen. It makes sense why people like Daisy and Luigi would work for Mario - because they are his friends. With the other storyline, it doesn't really make sense why people would willingly work for Bowser. (In this storyline by the way, the people of the Mushroom Kingdom are hunting for Koopas instead of humans. The Six Human Souls become the Six Koopaling Star Spirits.) Also, the characters fit almost perfectly here. Wario and Sans are quiet similar. They are both short, lazy and humorous brothers. The same applies to Waluigi and Papyrus to an even greater extent - they are both tall, lanky brothers with a big ego and are very determined - sometimes too much so for their own good. However, there is an issue with this one - no Bowser. Bowser is major character in the Mario Universe, and to not include him in this seems like it would be a bad choice. I don't know what to think with this one, but I know it's probably better storyline wise.

What do you think? What storyline would make more sense to use?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8044
#2 Posted: 02:12:42 11/05/2016
I like the second one as well. In imagining this, I feel like Bowser would have been the original ruler of the humans/Koopas and potentially the one to seal Mario away into the Underground/wherever he is currently. In your crossover, you could potentially expand Undertale lore a bit to give this mysterious human king a more pivotal role!
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#3 Posted: 20:02:23 11/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: ShadowMewX
I like the second one as well. In imagining this, I feel like Bowser would have been the original ruler of the humans/Koopas and potentially the one to seal Mario away into the Underground/wherever he is currently. In your crossover, you could potentially expand Undertale lore a bit to give this mysterious human king a more pivotal role!

Thank you so much for the advice!
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me