darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > What if only returning characters for sky6?
Page 1 of 1
What if only returning characters for sky6?
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#1 Posted: 19:16:11 30/04/2016 | Topic Creator
For some reason I think that they should focus on some of the old characters and give them an ultimate form.
Ultimate skylanders will have more upgrades then regular skylanders and you can go with more paths instead of just picking one path and you can switch the characters path or powers whenever you want even if you wanted to switch during a battle. For example by pressing R1 on the Play station console you can switch spyro's fire path to his electricity ,ice or Magic path.
The skylanders that I want to get re-imagined as ultimates.
Magic: Spyro, Stars Strike and Deja-Vu.
Undead : Cynder,Hex and Roller Brawl.
Life : Stealth Elf and Camo.
Water: Chill and Gill grunt.
Earth: Fist Bump and Flashwing
Fire: Sun burn and Fryno
Air : Jet-Vac , Whirl wind and Warnado.
Tech : Dro-bot and Triger Happy
Light: Spotlight
Dark: Blackout
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:21:30 01/05/2016 by Dahvoo
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 19:20:09 30/04/2016
No. We'd just see the poster boys being used again. I'd rather have new guys than the umpteenth SE.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#3 Posted: 19:25:30 30/04/2016 | Topic Creator
I Think that it would be cool to see roller brawl to switch from her derby attacks with vampire attacks and turn into a bat and summon little bats and creat a bat storm now that would be cool .
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#4 Posted: 19:30:47 30/04/2016
Quote: KingMed
I Think that it would be cool to see roller brawl to switch from her derby attacks with vampire attacks and turn into a bat and summon little bats and creat a bat storm now that would be cool .

I say save any new ideas for new characters. What you're suggesting would make these characters massively overpowered, which is not only unnecessary but not fun either.
#5 Posted: 19:35:46 30/04/2016
Quote: KingMed

You're literally talking about Bat Spin.
---
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#6 Posted: 20:55:41 30/04/2016
No.

New roster of characters please.
---
bye
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#7 Posted: 21:47:31 30/04/2016
I think you should give this thread a better name. You may be giving people the wrong idea without opening the thread.

For example, you almost gave me a heart attack. xc
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#8 Posted: 22:39:17 30/04/2016
No. There are a lot of people that don't want to buy a character, regardless if they're entirely different gameplaywise, that was the problem with SC. The only reason I'd buy such a game is if all of my favorite characters would return, but of course only a few other people would buy it that way. We want to see new faces with new designs and gameplay that fits to their design. It's easy to take an already existing character and give him new attacks, with only a slight change of appereance. I could list hundreds of attacks that'd fit Hex without changing her look in the slightest. What I want to say is that, if they make a game where there's no new characters at all, it's a sign that they've given up on the franchise and don't even try to think of unique new heroes that we can play as.
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#9 Posted: 23:03:35 30/04/2016
If this were to happen, I'd probably skip it. Or at least wait until it was cheap and just use my old character's. Hopefully they would never consider it.
---
Hahahahaha
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#10 Posted: 23:05:33 30/04/2016
Quote: Swap Force Fan
I think you should give this thread a better name. You may be giving people the wrong idea without opening the thread.

For example, you almost gave me a heart attack. xc

*recovers from sudden black out*

YEAH, DEFINITELY. smilie

Anyway... No.

Skylanders are what made me love Skylanders (weird, uh...?) and while I do have my favorites I think new characters are good because there could be new potential favorites among them.

We will probably have the same flagship characters again, maybe with a few changes, but then i need and want new faces, especially after SuperChargers.

I will personally never buy a repose, unless it's included in a Starter Pack, no matter how much they will change that Skylander aesthetic and gameplay-wise.
I think all the revamped's movesets were wasted on the same overused Skylanders and would have been much better on brand new characters.

They didn't brother being 100% creative, why should I brother buying them...?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#11 Posted: 00:59:41 01/05/2016
Having some 150 Skylanders makes wanting more figures not all that appealing unless they are really awesome new characters or beloved returning favorites.

Sadly, I think it's getting harder for them to come up with new and exciting characters, so I rather see re-releases of the ones I do care about. Echo, Batspin, Ninjini, Splat, Head Rush and Gearshift I would gladly buy again with a new pose because I do like them a lot and they haven't been done to death.

New characters are welcomed of course but only if they are interesting. That didn't happen in SuperChargers as I only really cared about Splat. I only own her and a Stormblade, so it's not like it would matter to me if they didn't release any new characters for Sky 6 as I barely bought any new ones for Sky 5.
---
Stay Cool!
#12 Posted: 01:14:29 01/05/2016
It'a far from hard. Pokémon is over 700 and the percentage of truly bad designs is way down. The issue is who fits, and that sometimes might have some mistakes; but mostly it's matter of opinion and if the design works for most people - good character design makes it easier, but bad still allows some to like it just as much.
---
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#13 Posted: 08:37:05 01/05/2016
If they are going to do reposes, I want them to be elemental reposes. I would love to see a Water (ice) version of Prism Break or an earth Version of Chill, renamed of course to suit their new elements.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Starlight_Shine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1088
#14 Posted: 10:35:31 01/05/2016
I'd honestly cry... smilie I love these guys and all, but there are still some awesome characters that still haven't gotten their fill of reposes. I'm afraid Sunburn and Fright Rider are gonna be stuck in that bunker forever if it continues on like this.

But on the topic, I'd really appreciate some new faces this time around.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#15 Posted: 14:43:10 01/05/2016
I would laugh, and save all of that money for my summer vacations with the family.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#16 Posted: 19:28:28 01/05/2016
I want to see new characters, no more revamps or series 5,437,000 gill grunt, please.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#17 Posted: 20:34:32 01/05/2016
Quote: Bifrost
It'a far from hard. Pokémon is over 700 and the percentage of truly bad designs is way down. The issue is who fits, and that sometimes might have some mistakes; but mostly it's matter of opinion and if the design works for most people - good character design makes it easier, but bad still allows some to like it just as much.

I'm sure drawing up some 700 Skylanders would be easy, but keeping their in-game play exciting wouldn't be so much so. I do recall in the Activision videos their saying that it's getting harder to stay unique and fresh. I feel that after a while they'll start to do more and more things that has been seen before and that is probably when it'll get tiresome and repetitive, much like a Simpsons episode.

Knowing fandom, they say something like "Oh, we seen Spyro do that, what a rip off this new dragon is." That sort of stuff was what I was talking about. Personally I don't really care if they recycled attacks to new characters, but I know others wouldn't take that very lightly at all. Each new character has to be unique or they are just wasting their money with rehash.
---
Stay Cool!
#18 Posted: 20:59:31 01/05/2016
Well, it's still *far*. We can still compare them to similar characters outside of the franchise and say they're different, so concepts from those can be pulled here.

I think 250 uniques is a good number to stop with Skylanders though, maybe minus gimmicks. Then after that, polish, polish polish polish all of them with new movesets or tweaks or appearance/super form upgrades.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:00:26 01/05/2016 by Bifrost
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#19 Posted: 22:53:59 01/05/2016
I think from now on it's not fair saying a character is a rip-off of another, because there are so many that it's almost impossible to keep everyone unique.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#20 Posted: 17:43:36 09/05/2016
I think there's still a lot of time to the designs of the Skylanders feel repetitive or bad. Pokémon only started to have some criticism by some people by the time they had around 400-500 monsters. If Skylanders start to hire more designers, I'm sure it will take plenty of time before it becomes bad.
---
Bruh
shadyspyro567 Green Sparx Gems: 298
#21 Posted: 12:23:00 19/05/2016
I think they should make some new characters because if they don't hew new weapons like they did in supercharges it gonna be boring with just wow pows.
---
I AM KAOOOOOOOOS
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#22 Posted: 04:32:52 20/05/2016
Maybe it's only my opinion, but as yet they had take characters, that need no reworking. The most of them was very strong in SSA, SG or SSF, also if the alternative outfits at SSF was a nice idea.

At SC it was okay, also if they had change their catchphrase (Stealth Elf: "Lesser silence, but still deadly" or so), but at the next game/s they should concentrate their energy more to create new characters and re-releases only of rare characters (Wham Shell, Scratch, etc.).
LittlePunk Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#23 Posted: 05:59:39 20/05/2016
Sick of seeing re-poses tbh but I always end up buying my favorites so...
---
smilie This fire is outta control!
smilie Let there be rock!!!
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#24 Posted: 06:35:36 20/05/2016
Im sick of reposes, id like skylanders 6 to be completely fresh, even Kaos not being in it or the villain would be great.

We have enough reposes etc, if ppl want to play the older guys they can just buy them off ebay or from overstock at toysrus.
I also feel portals and starter figures need to go or have some options. I collect them all, but some ppl have to be sick of getting guys they may have not wanted and a 6th portal. Just release the game, let stores make their own bundles. Leave Dark Editions as the 'bundle" with everything or make a limited run Collectors Edition (not one that is going to be able to be found in stores past xmas, to avoid overstock)

Heck id be happy if starter packs were random figures, thou I could see some packs being neglected but still. Think trap team but one pack could have gearshift instead or wildfire instead.

Also tell us a plan at launch..like so and so comes out now..wave 2 is nov/dec...wave 3 is jan/feb and whats in each wave. Use social media to announce changes etc.
#25 Posted: 05:29:59 21/05/2016
Quote: Drawdler
I know we're veering off-topic, but as far as Starters go, I'd love for things to return to just one Starter. Variants just aren't exciting anymore, especially after this game, and the Dark look is getting especially boring.

I always felt we should have one starter for all (no system exclusive crap) and then a collectors edition if one wants it but its needed. Collectors also doesn't have to be dark figures just more figures or something.
#26 Posted: 05:43:27 21/05/2016
I think i remember seeing the megapacks at bestbuy and i want to say costco/bj's wholesale. I don't recall seeing them anywhere else.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me