Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Dollar Store Finds [CLOSED]
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#1 Posted: 19:31:55 24/04/2016 | Topic Creator
There are a few different kinds of dollar stores where I live. I live around Southern Ontario so I have ones like "Dollarama", "Your Dollar Store With More", and "Dollar Tree". When I went to Dollarama a few months ago, I managed to find a few SSA skylanders mint in the box for $3 (CAD). Here's what I found:

Hex
Camo
Zook
Lightning Rod

Basically the few SSA figures that are still being restocked

I haven't examined Your Dollar Store With More closely (I should've as I walked home, shnap). And I have never been to Dollar Tree, which is at a shopping centre far from my house. I plan to go there next weekend to see what they have.

Anyone here found other skylanders at a dollar store? I remember a few of you finding Giants packs as well.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#2 Posted: 19:43:32 24/04/2016
You guys are lucky!

Welcome to England, where our dollar-store equivalent is a shop full of imported food, leftover stock, and general rubbish.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#3 Posted: 21:07:00 24/04/2016
I heard about people finding Wave 1 Swap Force figures like Slobber Tooth, Countdown, Roller Brawl, Zoo Lou at Dollarama not long ago.
---
bye
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#4 Posted: 21:39:40 24/04/2016
Five Below has tons of figures from previous Skylanders games !
---
#5 Posted: 21:54:13 24/04/2016 | Topic Creator
There's absolutely no Five Below where I live, sadly.

The closest one from here is in Newmarket, further north.
---
pezskylander Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#6 Posted: 22:31:47 24/04/2016
Quote: LameLime
There are a few different kinds of dollar stores where I live. I live around Southern Ontario so I have ones like "Dollarama", "Your Dollar Store With More", and "Dollar Tree". When I went to Dollarama a few months ago, I managed to find a few SSA skylanders mint in the box for $3 (CAD). Here's what I found:

Hex
Camo
Zook
Lightning Rod

Basically the few SSA figures that are still being restocked

I haven't examined Your Dollar Store With More closely (I should've as I walked home, shnap). And I have never been to Dollar Tree, which is at a shopping centre far from my house. I plan to go there next weekend to see what they have.

Anyone here found other skylanders at a dollar store? I remember a few of you finding Giants packs as well.

Dollar Tree in the US is a true dollar store, with everything $1 or less. Assuming it is the same in Canada, you probably would not find any Skylanders.
Dark35 Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#7 Posted: 22:45:55 24/04/2016
I found Krypt King at dollarama

smilie
---
Buckshot is fluffy bae.
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#8 Posted: 04:16:41 25/04/2016
The only stores like that around here are Dollar Tree and 99 Cents Only. Seen Family Dollar but never been.

99 Cents Only does end up with former toys store quality stock, but they price them higher at $1.99 and up. Haven't seen any Skylanders (yet).
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#9 Posted: 16:39:39 26/04/2016
It wasn't at a dollar store (or pound shop as they're called in the UK), but my local Smyths once had a clearance bin full of Giants triple packs for 99p each.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#10 Posted: 03:39:45 27/04/2016
Five Below (might be a regional thing, probably in the Northeast US) has a pretty good selection of Swap Force and TT characters for five bucks. Target also had some Giants and SF figures for that price not too long ago, but it may be a store by store thing.

Around here (OH) we have Dollar Tree (everything is a dollar) and Dollar General/Family Dollar (where everything features a dollar sign in front of it). Both Dollar General and Family Dollar are "low end" stores and likely feature only the sort of cheap-o stuff your aunt got you for your birthday on the way to your party.

Dollar Tree however has oddly enough had a few different Skylanders merch. I've picked up stickers/card packs, dog tags and even one of those neat little rubber dangler/keychain things at one. Recently I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary, but I believe I spotted the Giants Erasers once or twice.

If you're in Dollar Tree and interested, check up near the registers/closer to the last aisle (generally in all the stores around here, it's adjacent to where they fill the helium balloons and the kitchenwares). There's usually an end cap or something featuring a bunch of cards, and it really depends on the stores. For any Pokemon fans out there, many of them have new "mini" packs of the newest sets out (like BREAKthrough); 3 cards in a pack for a buck and if you get 5 of them you're getting more cards than a normal pack in any other store (plus I pulled a few Full Art cards from them too)
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:41:59 27/04/2016 by spyroflame0487
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#11 Posted: 19:29:28 27/04/2016
Quote: spyroflame0487
Five Below (might be a regional thing, probably in the Northeast US) has a pretty good selection of Swap Force and TT characters for five bucks. Target also had some Giants and SF figures for that price not too long ago, but it may be a store by store thing.

Around here (OH) we have Dollar Tree (everything is a dollar) and Dollar General/Family Dollar (where everything features a dollar sign in front of it). Both Dollar General and Family Dollar are "low end" stores and likely feature only the sort of cheap-o stuff your aunt got you for your birthday on the way to your party.

Dollar Tree however has oddly enough had a few different Skylanders merch. I've picked up stickers/card packs, dog tags and even one of those neat little rubber dangler/keychain things at one. Recently I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary, but I believe I spotted the Giants Erasers once or twice.

If you're in Dollar Tree and interested, check up near the registers/closer to the last aisle (generally in all the stores around here, it's adjacent to where they fill the helium balloons and the kitchenwares). There's usually an end cap or something featuring a bunch of cards, and it really depends on the stores. For any Pokemon fans out there, many of them have new "mini" packs of the newest sets out (like BREAKthrough); 3 cards in a pack for a buck and if you get 5 of them you're getting more cards than a normal pack in any other store (plus I pulled a few Full Art cards from them too)

Ive seen them in florida in orlando so they are prob mostly eastern usa and some south eastern.
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#12 Posted: 02:05:32 13/05/2016
I've seen a lot of good finds for $3 at a store called Second and Charles. Goodwill also has them for that price sometimes.
---
Any last wishes?
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#13 Posted: 12:07:54 13/05/2016
No dollar stores here but I found a new in box Drobot for the equivalant of your 20c at Toys R US .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#14 Posted: 17:57:58 13/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Found some Swap Force single packs at the same dollar store that i found the Spyro's Adventure ones. They had:

- S3 Eruptor
- S3 Spyro
- S2 Pop Fizz
- Zoo Lou
- Countdown [EDIT: I typed Dune Bug here and WHY?]
- Roller Brawl

I was surprised, seeing how I never saw any Giants packs. I didn't get any because I care more about SSA and SG for now. But eventually I'll begin a collection of SSF cores (I have all the swappers). Now let's see if we can get some Infinity figures on there!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:52:05 16/05/2016 by LameLime
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#15 Posted: 14:56:52 16/05/2016
Used to get the Topps Swap Force packs at Dollar Tree. Those were good $1 purchases. However, the Topps Trap Team packs were a joke. It was half as many cards and they were rewrapped at some warehouse and in 100% of every pack I have ever seen opened, all the insert cards you would get at 1 in every pack were not there. Would think in theory with half the cards you would get 1 in every 2 packs but it was a scam to me, was just the basic cards every single pack. Not sure who the redistribution company is for the Skylander cards but with all the packs I opened, I feel like it was a scam.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me