Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Trail Blazer and Spyro protoypes from china!
Page 1 of 1
Trail Blazer and Spyro protoypes from china! [CLOSED]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 17:35:45 22/04/2016 | Topic Creator
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...hsAAOSw~oFXF65U
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...48AAOSwIUNXF67Y

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#2 Posted: 17:49:05 22/04/2016
I can see Gusto, Barkley, and Krypt King too! Wow, they look really nice. The way that it looks like Trail Blazer has blue fire is pretty cool.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#3 Posted: 18:01:15 22/04/2016
That Spyro would look nice next to a GitD Cynder. That would be great for any Marvel fan!
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#4 Posted: 19:33:47 22/04/2016
My chances of getting them dropped significantly now smilie
---
bye
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#5 Posted: 19:35:07 22/04/2016
If those aren't like the other sample auctions that we've just had that from the looks of it left Activision in non legit ways. If anyone here gets them, keep in mind you might have to send it back to them once they discover you have it.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#6 Posted: 20:07:31 22/04/2016
I believe these ones from China never had a chip in them and were just assembled as a test before mass production, so Activision don't really care about them. The ones Agust2016 was selling had a functioning chip and were most likely used in studios during testing though. It is pretty bad that these ones made their way to the public, that's why Activision wants them back.
---
bye
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#7 Posted: 20:32:24 22/04/2016
Quote: Bifrost
If those aren't like the other sample auctions that we've just had that from the looks of it left Activision in non legit ways. If anyone here gets them, keep in mind you might have to send it back to them once they discover you have it.

That's funny.
#8 Posted: 20:33:26 22/04/2016

Have we *ever* heard of any end-users being required to send prototyes back?
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#9 Posted: 20:39:49 22/04/2016
They cant force u to return anything unless u obtained it illegally in which that would have to be determined by a court of law.
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#10 Posted: 20:57:32 22/04/2016
Quote: UncleBob

Didn't you talk with someone there and they mentioned you might have to?
I'm not blind, I read the other thread. If it's an elaborate joke maybe it shouldn't be in there.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#11 Posted: 21:05:42 22/04/2016
Quote: crstofer
They cant force u to return anything unless u obtained it illegally in which that would have to be determined by a court of law.

This is not 100% accurate. The end-user's method for obtaining the item isn't really a concern - it's how did the item get from the original owner (Activision) to the current owner.

If I steal your car, then sell it to PersonA, it's still *your* car.
If PersonA sells it to PersonB, it's still *your* car.
If PersonB sells it to C... C sells to D, so-on-and-so-forth... It's still *your* car.
Even if PersonZ has no way of knowing you, knowing the car was stolen, knowing there was 26 degrees of separation between you and him... It's still *you* car. A *never* had the legal right to sell it to B, thus B never had the right to sell it to C...It doesn't matter that, as far as Both Y and Z know, everything about the sale was legal - it wasn't.

This is why, as cool as I think it'd be to have one, I've never bought one of the prototypes from the Chinese auction site. They're stolen goods. And knowingly taking possession of stolen goods is a crime (although proving the "knowingly" part can be difficult).

When we had the guy recently who bought a box of figures at an auction, I presumed it was some kind of estate sale from a former employee or such and got excited. As soon as I found out otherwise, I willingly returned ownership to the proper owner - because it was the right thing to do.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#12 Posted: 21:18:45 22/04/2016
Not saying you're wrong, UncleBob, but I have 2 questions:

1. How do people *steal* prototype figures from Activision? Do they sneak in or something?

2. Why do Activision want the figures back anyway?
#13 Posted: 21:27:51 22/04/2016
Quote: UncleBob

Didn't you talk with someone there and they mentioned you might have to?
I'm not blind, I read the other thread. If it's an elaborate joke maybe it shouldn't be in there.

It was not a requirement or even an ask - I volunteered as soon as I was told.

Quote: yelvy
Not saying you're wrong, UncleBob, but I have 2 questions:

1. How do people *steal* prototype figures from Activision? Do they sneak in or something?

2. Why do Activision want the figures back anyway?

First question - in the case of the Chinese prototypes, they're often slipped out of the factory by employees at various points of the manufacturing process.

Second, I don't know, you'd have to ask Activision. I suspect that some if might have to do with quality and safety controls - but that's just my guess.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#14 Posted: 21:36:44 22/04/2016
Eh, makes sense. Thanks smilie
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#15 Posted: 16:14:02 18/05/2016
Kind of a dead bump, but I actually own a Trigger Happy that looks exactly like the Spyro; clear base, tan inside.

Curious; I really wonder what's the deal with them. I'll upload pictures today.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me