Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > No New Skylanders Announced Yet?
Page 1 of 1
No New Skylanders Announced Yet? [CLOSED]
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#1 Posted: 12:07:43 21/04/2016 | Topic Creator
I hope this is a sign that means they're quitting (or at least taking a break) while they're ahead. I like the game franchise, I really do, but one game a year, and several figures? That gets way expensive fast. Usually they announce a new one by now, so I'm hoping this is a sign they are taking a break for a year or two.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 12:26:44 21/04/2016
For the love of god GM78 and CMB spill this enough on the Skylanders section. SC was announced in June. This game was already announced as happening at the start of the year, have some patience.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:32:57 21/04/2016 by Bifrost
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#3 Posted: 14:22:34 21/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
For the love of god GM78 and CMB spill this enough on the Skylanders section. SC was announced in June. This game was already announced as happening at the start of the year, have some patience.

Yeah, my post kind of implied I have LOTS of patience. Like I said, I think they're releasing these games way too close apart from each other. I'm willing to wait another two or so years for a new Skylanders game. (Heck, I don't even have Swap Force or up yet.)
#4 Posted: 14:29:02 21/04/2016
Well, more dev time is always good, but Activision ain't having any of that. Bet the devs would love not to rush a game out of the door so often, though.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#5 Posted: 15:43:35 21/04/2016
Yearly releases on Activision's big franchises are a given. If the new Call of Duty hasn't been announced then I wouldn't expect Skylanders details yet.

Or heaven forbid they're actually giving the devs an extra year to make the game. But I strongly doubt that. Hell, knowing ActiBlizz's strategies, it's only a matter of time before Beenox officially joins the rotation and we cycle TFB/VV/Beenox with 3 year development windows. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#6 Posted: 15:49:19 21/04/2016
Yup, that's possible if they optimize porting and don't need Beenox for the smaller jobs, since Acti also likes to outsource everything. At least they seemed to learn over the years, since their work on Trap Team 3DS used a lot of N-Space's positives and a pretty darn good game from what people say; they at least have a grasp of a Skylanders game though with a ton of lazyness hindering them(god Racing is so full of cut corners).
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#7 Posted: 17:53:56 21/04/2016
Skylanders 6 has already been confirmed, and it's being developed by TFB.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#8 Posted: 09:25:14 02/05/2016
But with Vicarious Visions kicked out we can OR expect 2 years between every game OR every year an even more rushed game.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#9 Posted: 09:50:51 02/05/2016
VV aren't kicked out, Kevin.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#10 Posted: 20:48:45 02/05/2016
No? hmm i really thought so, i readed something about it on this forum.
---
#11 Posted: 20:52:43 02/05/2016
Probably from all the constant negativity that was shoved around like no tomorrow by users with no backups to their claims.

VV is still in business, their CEOs only left the company.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:02:26 02/05/2016 by Aura24
#12 Posted: 21:33:52 02/05/2016
Yeeeh... i think its okay to complain a bit about stuff, really i understand why... but i don't get the VV hate, of course they have their flaws but TFB has their own big flaws too.
Anyway its good that Activision didn't quit VV (or vice versa)
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#13 Posted: 23:30:21 02/05/2016
Yeah, I'm kinda happy the Bala Bros left but would have been really sad if the entire V.V. was taken out.

They gave a lot to this series and I can't wait to see which direction they will take in the future.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:31:02 02/05/2016 by Drek95
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#14 Posted: 23:34:00 02/05/2016
Quote: Drek95
Yeah, I'm kinda happy the Bala Bros left but would have been really sad if the entire V.V. was taken out.

They gave a lot to this series and I can't wait to see which direction they will take in the future.

TBFH, I feel like, of either Developer, VV would be the one to bring up open world
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#15 Posted: 23:41:11 02/05/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: Drek95

TBFH, I feel like, of either Developer, VV would be the one to bring up open world

I have to fully agree.
Just like no one other then them would have had the idea to introduce vehicles the way they did.

But I do expect TfB to take advantage of the introduction of online.
As I already said in another thread I think V.V. is the one making the series advance as a whole but TfB is the one taking those new features and enhancing them properly.

Just a personal opinion of course.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#16 Posted: 16:01:49 03/05/2016
Yeah, VV have been good at showing us new ideas - like jumping, better graphics, and of course vehicles.

I personally prefer VV, but I'm pretty bias because of my love for SW. smilie
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#17 Posted: 16:38:59 03/05/2016
Quote: yelvy
Yeah, VV have been good at showing us new ideas - like jumping, better graphics, and of course vehicles.

I never got the whole "VV vs TFB" thing... It seemed pointless. I love Spyro's Adventure, but I also like Swap Force. I didn't think Superchargers was the best, but I also didn't care for Trap Team. Both developers are capable of making good and bad decisions when it comes to the Skylanders franchise, but I never flat out preferred one to the other.
#18 Posted: 16:44:48 03/05/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

I never got the whole "VV vs TFB" thing... It seemed pointless. I love Spyro's Adventure, but I also like Swap Force. I didn't think Superchargers was the best, but I also didn't care for Trap Team. Both developers are capable of making good and bad decisions when it comes to the Skylanders franchise, but I never flat out preferred one to the other.

I haven't played TT, but I base my distaste toward TFB on how badly Giants was for me. I do prefer TFB characters, however.

I get your point, though. In the end both are capable of great things! smilie
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#19 Posted: 16:54:11 03/05/2016

I haven't played TT, but I base my distaste toward TFB on how badly Giants was for me. I do prefer TFB characters, however.

Giants wasn't that bad. Cutthroat Carnival is my favorite level in the entire series. Trap Team is abit of an acquired taste for some people, though. Plus, it's really hard to come by any traps besides Water. So, if you do pick it up, just be aware that the traps themselves are expensive as hell on eBay
#20 Posted: 17:05:54 03/05/2016

Giants wasn't that bad. Cutthroat Carnival is my favorite level in the entire series. Trap Team is abit of an acquired taste for some people, though. Plus, it's really hard to come by any traps besides Water. So, if you do pick it up, just be aware that the traps themselves are expensive as hell on eBay

Yeah, I tried :3 When TT was announced I had a longgg break from the series, so I ended up buying SC a month or so ago since that's what was in the shops. I kinda wish I had TT, but the villain aspect isn't that appealing to me anyways. The price of the traps put me off completely smilie

So yeah, I intend on buying a Playstation console and some of the classic Spyro games instead - when I get the money of course!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me