Page 1 of 1
what if traps were reintroduced?
Dark Sonic Boom Gold Sparx Gems: 2823
#1 Posted: 06:12:13 20/04/2016 | Topic Creator
I know that having a game that is basically a second trap team is extremely unlikely as there will presumably have a new gimmick in Sky 6. But if they did reintroduce traps (again, highly unlikely) what villains would you want to see added to the roster. These can be old villains or completely new. I acknowledge that this idea is exetremely unlikely and I only made this as it is quite boring waiting for Sky 6/leaks.

Here are my ideas below:

Air: windbag djinn, Brock/Goliath drow, cluck (swap force suit) and Lord Statosphere.
Water: baby hydra, brute (Giants), Baron Von Shellshock and Thunder Tow.
Earth: Stone Golem (SSA), mammoth cyclops, Bubba Greebs and Terrashark.
Life: Life spell punk, Sheep Mage and toxic tushie.
Tech: Drill-X (smaller), trollverine (SSA) and evilised glumshanks.
Undead: Rotting Robby (SSA), Occulus (smaller), Mesmerelda and Count Moneybone.
Fire: Lava King (SSA), Vathek, Fire Viper (SF) and wreakosaurus.
Magic: Arkeyan Jugganaut, Spell Slamzer and dragon hunter.
---
hi
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#2 Posted: 06:53:37 20/04/2016
Well, yes, it is very unlikely. However, if somehow villains reappeared, I would like them to be all brand new.

The only one I would like to have back would be luminous as his gameplay and personality were among the top ones imo.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#3 Posted: 12:41:11 20/04/2016
I wouldn't count out a villain line of ACTUAL figures at some point in the franchise.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4 Posted: 22:51:50 20/04/2016
I wouldn't call a reintroduction of traps "Trap Team 2".
It would be like calling Trap Team itself "Giants 2" only because Giants can break walls and lift boulders again.

Traps should have simply never received the treatment they got in SuperChargers.

Even introducing more villains (which I hope will happen) wouldn't be a rehash of Trap Team's main innovation because it would simply be a side feature: new villains would also mean the possibility to sell traps again and encourage old and new customers to look for brand new molds or missed ones.

Even just, like, 20 new villains per game would incredibly improve the traps' potential.
You could have a trap allowing you to play as 30 or even more unique villains, after a couple games.

Sincerely don't understand why they didn't took the occasion.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:53:03 20/04/2016 by Drek95
#5 Posted: 12:56:30 21/04/2016
Very simple actually. How many original skylanders do they drag from game to game? Add traps and vehicles too? Yeah, at some point something's gotta give. I wish they had simply been more up front about it.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#6 Posted: 13:07:06 21/04/2016
Quote: Drek95
Even just, like, 20 new villains per game would incredibly improve the traps' potential.
You could have a trap allowing you to play as 30 or even more unique villains, after a couple games.

Because... you're suggesting that they build 20 new characters from the ground up (granted, villains only have partial movesets) that consumers could play without having to purchase anything additional (because, in theory, everyone already has traps). From a business standpoint, this makes *no* sense.

I would agree with letting us play our villains we already have saved onto the crystals. I would get googly-eyed at the idea of, say, Superchargers accessing Trap Team save data (on the same system) and letting you swap out captured villains in-game even. Then you're not changing or removing existing features.

Even throw in some storyline that explains the Kaos we trapped in Trap Team was a doppelganger, so we can still use him to fight him.

But asking for 20 new characters? I just don't see it. :/
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#7 Posted: 13:16:54 21/04/2016
Battlecast already uses that - Trap Masters can summon Trap Relics which use what appear to be dopplegangers of the villains, since you can use the traps while battling the actual ones. Maybe a remnant of their power stays, or it's actual magic summoning(like some RPGs which are full of limitations and conditions) - they're bound to them even if they're free to be evil otherwise.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:06:46 21/04/2016 by Bifrost
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#8 Posted: 15:01:47 21/04/2016
If they ever pulled traps back into the limelight, I would never buy more. I hope they get a good function in later games, but I have my 11 traps, so I'm good.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#9 Posted: 18:18:18 21/04/2016
Quote: UncleBob
Quote: Drek95

Because... you're suggesting that they build 20 new characters from the ground up (granted, villains only have partial movesets) that consumers could play without having to purchase anything additional (because, in theory, everyone already has traps). From a business standpoint, this makes *no* sense.

I would agree with letting us play our villains we already have saved onto the crystals. I would get googly-eyed at the idea of, say, Superchargers accessing Trap Team save data (on the same system) and letting you swap out captured villains in-game even. Then you're not changing or removing existing features.

Even throw in some storyline that explains the Kaos we trapped in Trap Team was a doppelganger, so we can still use him to fight him.

But asking for 20 new characters? I just don't see it. :/

I said 20 because then you could have 2 new villains per Element with each game but even just 10 would do.

I sincerely don't think it would take much resources to come up with a small number of new trappable villains to keep the traps alive and not simply compatible.
From a logical point of view it isn't that different from adding Quests or increasing the level cap to encourage playing with your old Skylanders.

Again, legacy players would see their collection's value increase and newcomers might become curious and buy traps to try villains out.

Activision pontentially has a Pokémon like side-line of figures in its hands but doesn't seem interested in it.
I think it's a pity.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#10 Posted: 19:58:57 21/04/2016
I don't really see traps making their way into Sky 6, because I can go into a store and see nothing but shelf-warming water traps most of the time. But if they do, they should really send out more of these traps so that I can continue my TT collection, because my trap tray isn't filled enough.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#11 Posted: 00:39:55 22/04/2016
obligatory "I want to play as vathek" post
---
#all Spyros are valid
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#12 Posted: 04:13:17 22/04/2016
What I'd really love is if they brought all the old gimmicks back in an open world setting. Elemental areas, feats of strength, swap zones, trappable villains and traptanium shards, and of course vehicular gameplay as way to quickly traverse the overworld.
---
Boop me if you see this.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#13 Posted: 06:46:17 22/04/2016
I'd rather move on to a new concept personally.
---
bye
#14 Posted: 18:35:09 22/04/2016
Quote: GinjaNinja
If they ever pulled traps back into the limelight, I would never buy more. I hope they get a good function in later games, but I have my 11 traps, so I'm good.

Little motivation for them to do it then eh?

It would help sell more trap team stuff if they still have overstock of that, and that may be the motiviation for them to spend any energy at all on it.
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#15 Posted: 18:40:58 22/04/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: GinjaNinja

Little motivation for them to do it then eh?

It would help sell more trap team stuff if they still have overstock of that, and that may be the motiviation for them to spend any energy at all on it.

Don't get me wrong. I understand they want to sell the left over traps. I was speaking for me and only myself.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#16 Posted: 20:16:47 22/04/2016
If they wanted to sell more traps it would have behooved them to actually release the damn things in consistent quantities. I mean look how much the rarer traps are going for in the aftermarket. Heck even the more common traps aside from water traps are selling for higher than they should be. People are willing to spend money on traps but it's going to eBay sellers instead of Activision.
---
Boop me if you see this.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#17 Posted: 21:34:29 22/04/2016
Always know this it is supply and demand. Acti can make money but I guess they just let others make more. Oh well you can't tell a giant company how things work when they have people with pens and paper taking notes on how to and what to do to make money. When you micromanage everything some where along the line it just fails. Yes lets have 200000 million water traps and 300 of everything else great idea!
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#18 Posted: 23:33:40 25/05/2016
Maybe they should, as a secret, let players Trap some enemies from the new game, so Traps could work again. Aside from the fact that I generally don't like much use of past figures/items in newer games.

Aside from that, just make the Trap Team's Villains playable again. That's the main thing we need, and I would be pleased by that alone.
---
Bruh
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me