darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > What will you do when Sky 6 is revealed?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
What will you do when Sky 6 is revealed?
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#1 Posted: 19:14:14 16/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Title says it all.
I'm mainly going to look up the release date, starter pack stuff, gimmick and 3DS versions. If they have guest stars again, them too. I'm not going to look up too many new characters, I want to be surprised when I open up the poster on Day 1.

Long story short, I probably won't be on too much until I beat the game.
---
Soon.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 19:18:18 16/04/2016
>flip out
>put up balloons
>shower in gummy worms
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#3 Posted: 19:44:36 16/04/2016
  1. Discuss latest gimmick
  2. Complain about unoriginality
  3. Buy it anyway
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#4 Posted: 19:53:21 16/04/2016
Sigh of relief. Start to save up and say goodbye to replacing my computer's graphics card anytime soon.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#5 Posted: 20:01:43 16/04/2016
Go right to Darkspyro and hope the people here has some real details and facts than the next to nothing that Activision will tell us on that day. If it's something obviously bad like Skylanders Olympics or Skylanders Sports, I'll flip a table and go eat a Gill Grunt in protest.
---
Stay Cool!
#6 Posted: 20:09:22 16/04/2016
Quote: fairyland
Go right to Darkspyro and hope the people here has some real details and facts than the next to nothing that Activision will tell us on that day. If it's something obviously bad like Skylanders Olympics or Skylanders Sports, I'll flip a table and go eat a Gill Grunt in protest.

Well press releases aren't supposed to tell you much. But I can't even say I'll do the same, I'll be the sad person throughly analyzing the trailer for freeze frames.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:09:52 16/04/2016 by Bifrost
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#7 Posted: 20:27:19 16/04/2016
Be finally excited. Start working out what skylanders I want. Discuss the gimmick. Hang around dark spyro for news and leaks.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#8 Posted: 20:32:37 16/04/2016
I'll be hyped... And then I'll come on and see everyone blabbing on about how the franchise is dying and how they've ran out of ideas and yadda yadda yadda.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#9 Posted: 21:23:00 16/04/2016
I'll discuss the revelaed info with all of you here and hear your opinions. I enjoy specualting here nearly as much as the game themselves.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#10 Posted: 23:28:23 16/04/2016
I'll go insane and finally start loving this franchise again (hopefully) and then I'll talk about the characters and then I'll complain about everything and then I'll become unpaitent to see that one unknown character which we saw in the trailer who looks like the best one in the game (basically the case with Deja Vu).
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#11 Posted: 23:55:00 16/04/2016
Make the comment that at least it can't be worse then Superchargers and that at least you won't be needing to put two toys on the portal to play the darn thing..
But I could be wrong.
#12 Posted: 23:59:42 16/04/2016
Quote: Street50
Make the comment that at least it can't be worse then Superchargers and that at least you won't be needing to put two toys on the portal to play the darn thing..
But I could be wrong.

Remember Young Conker, Bomberman Act Zero, and recent Fantastic Four movies.
I can ALWAYS get worse and more gimmicky.
---
#13 Posted: 00:05:20 17/04/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: Street50
But I could be wrong.

Remember Young Conker, Bomberman Act Zero, and recent Fantastic Four movies.
I can ALWAYS get worse and more gimmicky.

I know and I totally agree that's why I said I could be wrong.
But from the start as many others on this site were saying even with the rumors that we weren't really excited for a vehicle focused skylanders game. But now that we finally got that out of the way.... ?
#14 Posted: 00:55:45 17/04/2016
Yet again-

order of events.

>scream
>dance
>shower in gummy worms
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#15 Posted: 01:08:09 17/04/2016
First of all I'm going to watch the reveal gameplay/trailer and get a good idea of the game.
Then I'm going to carefully analize them in search for some cool things (unannounced Skylanders, NPCs, Soul Gems); won't see any other video before the new game releases so I have to get the most out of them.

After that I'm going to tell my cousins about the new game and discuss our thoughts.

Finally I'm going to write my first impressions here.

SuperChargers isn't a bad game by any means but it's full of terrible choices, in my opinion.
I have great hopes with TfB back at the helm.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#16 Posted: 02:41:15 17/04/2016
If it's anything like the first 2 I'll personally be completely over the moon. I'm not a fan of the gimmicks.

Quote: fairyland

I'll be skipping S6 if it's anything to do with sports.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#17 Posted: 02:57:12 17/04/2016
>pray for Kirby guest stars
>if not don't buy
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#18 Posted: 03:18:25 17/04/2016
Quote: yelvy
  3. Buy it anyway

For me, I'll give a detailed analysis of what I personally like and don't like, and ultimately if I'm in or not. Almost non-emotional unless they seriously reach within on this entry.

So, praise and criticism will run rampant. Some will be thoughtful and tempered, and some will be overzealous (on both sides). Some will get annoyed. So another day on the Internet.
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 16:18:31 17/04/2016 by TakeYourLemons
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#19 Posted: 06:01:55 17/04/2016
I'll buy it as long as it has:
Interesting story
Nice gimmick that fits in easily
Cheap toys
and Good Gameplay
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#20 Posted: 07:30:38 17/04/2016
Remind me when we learned of superchargers again?
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#21 Posted: 08:11:01 17/04/2016
I'll flip out, like with every reveal for the past games, that's what I'll do.
Then I'll come on here and hope that people have liked a bit of what they saw, and come here to talk about it and I'll just kind of join in. I'm hoping that not too much people are complaining, but eh. I'm excited already, so it better be good!
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#22 Posted: 08:35:35 17/04/2016
Quote: SlayerX11
Remind me when we learned of superchargers again?

The announcement was teased by youtubers in mid-may, and was announced on June 3rd.
PopFizzForever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1490
#23 Posted: 10:35:48 17/04/2016
1. Pray To The Lord

2. Thank The Lord

3. Follow All the Details Up Till Launch

4. Buy Lots Of Figures

5. Realise The Game Is Bad

6. Roll On The Floor Laughing Hysterically In My Disappearing Money

7. See The New Games Gimmick

8. Follow Steps 1 Through 8
---
Sky 6 Is The Death Of Me and My Wallet
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:40:02 17/04/2016 by PopFizzForever
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#24 Posted: 12:05:42 17/04/2016
1. Learn about it being revealed from here.
2. Learn more info about it from here.
3. Look at the new figures and gameplay.
4. Wait until the starter pack is only $30~ish.
5. Play
#25 Posted: 12:13:59 17/04/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
  3. Buy it anyway

if #2 happens, #3 won't happen for me. But folks these days can't understand legitimate critiques...they'll hyperventilate and say we are "complaining"...so do keep that in mind. Yes, people step outside of that circle...all the time. I don't think everyone here is brand spanking new to the internet. It comes with the territory, so complaining about the critique/complaining isn't going to help either.

For me, I'll get a detailed analysis of what I personally like and don't like, and ultimately if I'm in or not. Almost non-emotional unless they seriously reach within on this entry.

You're not taking into account people who won't shut up about the complaints though. Taking for example you or Matteomax - you guys aren't happy with the decisions, but you mention it once or twice and move on with your lives; I'd be a jerk if I criticized the criticism when I'd collected and reasonable. With the usual suspects though, their entire experience, every post and discussion, revolve around Activision did a Bad Thing(tm). It adds nothing, and just creates an elitist, petty and toxic image that drives people away - heck, when these threads show up, you see tons of users who stopped adding to this section because of them suddenly post.

But at least the first week, I guess crazed hype or anti-hype can be excused. First news in a while, so much we don't know, and the atmosphere. But 11 months after the fact,yeeaaaah no.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:15:32 17/04/2016 by Bifrost
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#26 Posted: 12:58:25 17/04/2016
Oops, looks like my comment was taken a bit too seriously! I'm not sure what you're really talking about, but I was just trying to make a joke out of how many of us complain about the games but end up buying them anyway. Nothing personal.
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#27 Posted: 13:35:42 17/04/2016
Superchargers is most likely my last game (for real this time) simply because I'd rather collect other things, but when Sky 6 is revealed I will

1. Read all about it
2. Look at the characters
3. Keep up with News
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#28 Posted: 14:50:42 17/04/2016
If it's not as innovative, I'd rather not celebrate nor binge-read dS.

If it's similar to Infinite Arms, or even better, of course I'll be excited, but I wouldn't buy the game when it comes out seeing how I stick to preowned in most cases. (I got my first SSC figure two days ago, but I'm keeping in the box. Power Blue Splat BTW)
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:51:01 17/04/2016 by LameLime
AmiiboMaster Blue Sparx Gems: 804
#29 Posted: 16:14:26 17/04/2016
Keep looking at videos on youtube about it.
---
Gimme all your Amiibos

and Skylanders BTW!
#30 Posted: 16:22:10 17/04/2016
gummyworms.mp4
skygrin Blue Sparx Gems: 852
#31 Posted: 23:57:32 17/04/2016
Die of joy.[User Posted Image]
---
smilie gottee
#32 Posted: 00:21:39 18/04/2016
Why the huge picture. What some youtuber has dreamed up isn't a leak,otherwise the dozen times or so I dreamed of a new game would've all become real.
And nope,still waiting for my Buzz Wing to shoot Vespiquen.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:22:14 18/04/2016 by Bifrost
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#33 Posted: 01:54:10 18/04/2016
I've mostly sat out on superchargers, i bought a few guys here and there, played the game once or twice. Sky 6 i will still read about and see how i feel. I was never one to like racing games other then mario kart and cruisn the usa as a kid to be honest. Hopefully 6 goes back to its roots, id like to see a more of a spyro leading SSA like backstory with more levels and gameplay with just simply the gimmick of "toys to life". Game should come out cheaper then normal without a portal to cut costs, they can sell it alone for new ppl or give some sort of deal off older copies with the game. I would like to see actual DLCs that are added thru the life of the game, not ones planned and on the disk awaiting the adventure pack to come out. Skylanders was the original toys to life and I hope they learned with superchargers and the competition that they need to refocus on what made the games great. I could easily see them doing a story that also has DLCs and possibly next yr a simple PART 2 expansion that is just the game and new figures sold by themselves.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#34 Posted: 05:11:31 18/04/2016
I hope the title is Skylanders 6
The Adventures of Spyro Beyawn Skylands
I hope it comes with a Random Yawn Trap
I hope it uses the Trap Team Portal
I hope more traps are released
I hope it has 68 new figures
I hope 8 are reposes that are lightcore
I hope 60 are new
I hope you have to use a trap a figure and a vehicle but not all at the same time
I hope the villians are playable
I hope the crystal traps unlock levels
I hope we have Crash Bandicoot
I hope we travel Beyawn time to different areas with land sea and air to take us there
I hope we have quest's to complete
I hope Toy's for Bob knocks it out of the park
I hope we have online battle arenas
I hope for dlc to upgrade the game with items and mini quest
I hope for online game play
I hope that there is no racing
I hope the bases on the figures are Purple on the very bottom
I hope their are more variants then regular figures on some and the regular figures are the ones to find
One last Thing I hope we all have fun with Sky 6 and I hope its the last game and done.
I think that's it.... We will have to wait and see Come on Oct 21st 2016
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#35 Posted: 05:15:21 18/04/2016
Quote: trixster68
I hope the title is Skylanders 6
The Adventures of Spyro Beyawn Skylands
I hope it comes with a Random Yawn Trap
I hope it uses the Trap Team Portal
I hope more traps are released
I hope it has 68 new figures
I hope 8 are reposes that are lightcore
I hope 60 are new
I hope you have to use a trap a figure and a vehicle but not all at the same time
I hope the villians are playable
I hope the crystal traps unlock levels
I hope we have Crash Bandicoot
I hope we travel Beyawn time to different areas with land sea and air to take us there
I hope we have quest's to complete
I hope Toy's for Bob knocks it out of the park
I hope we have online battle arenas
I hope for dlc to upgrade the game with items and mini quest
I hope for online game play
I hope that there is no racing
I hope the bases on the figures are Purple on the very bottom
I hope their are more variants then regular figures on some and the regular figures are the ones to find
One last Thing I hope we all have fun with Sky 6 and I hope its the last game and done.
I think that's it.... We will have to wait and see Come on Oct 21st 2016

I hope about 70% of what you hope for NEVER HAPPENS.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#36 Posted: 07:58:24 18/04/2016
  • think about it
  • form an opinion
  • either be really happy or complain about it on the internet

I hope I'll want to buy more characters. Superchargers was a weird year.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#37 Posted: 15:31:24 18/04/2016
Quote: Bifrost
  3. Buy it anyway

if #2 happens, #3 won't happen for me. But folks these days can't understand legitimate critiques...they'll hyperventilate and say we are "complaining"...so do keep that in mind. Yes, people step outside of that circle...all the time. I don't think everyone here is brand spanking new to the internet. It comes with the territory, so complaining about the critique/complaining isn't going to help either.

For me, I'll get a detailed analysis of what I personally like and don't like, and ultimately if I'm in or not. Almost non-emotional unless they seriously reach within on this entry.

You're not taking into account people who won't shut up about the complaints though. Taking for example you or Matteomax - you guys aren't happy with the decisions, but you mention it once or twice and move on with your lives; I'd be a jerk if I criticized the criticism when I'd collected and reasonable. With the usual suspects though, their entire experience, every post and discussion, revolve around Activision did a Bad Thing(tm). It adds nothing, and just creates an elitist, petty and toxic image that drives people away - heck, when these threads show up, you see tons of users who stopped adding to this section because of them suddenly post.

But at least the first week, I guess crazed hype or anti-hype can be excused. First news in a while, so much we don't know, and the atmosphere. But 11 months after the fact,yeeaaaah no.

I modified my comment as I really didn't want to go there specifically, but yeah. We have people that (like you and Drek) critique responsibly (tm), people like me that sometimes get a bit overzealous but eventually reign it in, and then we have the chronic complainers. At the end of the day, I AM looking forward to everyone's thoughts, be it good or otherwise.
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#38 Posted: 15:39:50 18/04/2016
Read about it. Decide if I'll miss it at all because I won't but it.
---
Any last wishes?
#39 Posted: 16:13:06 18/04/2016
"It's collected and reasonable", as in your comments, is what I meant - this phone's keyboard has some really iffy edges and I keep having ns instead of spaces and ds instead of s. I'm at fault for sometimes harping on about things, though just like my anxiety issues I try to tone myself down and stop posting without thinking as much as possible.
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#40 Posted: 16:20:43 18/04/2016
I modified my comment as I really didn't want to go there specifically, but yeah. We have people that (like you and Drek) critique responsibly (tm), people like me that sometimes get a bit overzealous but eventually reign it in, and then we have the chronic complainers. At the end of the day, I AM looking forward to everyone's thoughts, be it good or otherwise.

I look forward to it as well. I'm usually pretty hopeful when a new game is announced. But this year is different, and it has nothing to do with Superchargers or figure shipping or the overall decline in sales. Simple fact is my oldest son is the one that plays it with me and he is getting older and interested in other games and things. It can't last forever, after all.

I'll look at the game, maybe pick it up down the road on a good sale if whatever the new "gimmick" is doesn't make all the previous figures useless since having more content for our collection isn't a bad thing. Figure collecting is almost certainly out, and if the game basically requires the new guys I'll skip until the fire sale. I'm hoping for a good solid game in the vein of a Swap Force/Trap Team, a gimmick that isn't forced on you but is fun (and you can sufficiently experience it with what is included in the Starter) and older figures are actually viable to use. That might not be the best for everyone or the franchise, but it is what would make me happy.
#41 Posted: 17:13:33 18/04/2016
It's largely been very different for me as well this year, as my son really didn't play the game like he used to. On the flip side, both of them loved the racing aspects, and that's where we as a family did most of our collective gaming. I feel I could continue playing the games, but in a largely reduced footprint. No more pokemon "gotta catch them all" from my perspective.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#42 Posted: 05:16:00 20/04/2016
  3. Buy it anyway

For me, I'll give a detailed analysis of what I personally like and don't like, and ultimately if I'm in or not. Almost non-emotional unless they seriously reach within on this entry.

So, praise and criticism will run rampant. Some will be thoughtful and tempered, and some will be overzealous (on both sides). Some will get annoyed. So another day on the Internet.

I'm pretty much here.

That being said, am I the only one who would also be thrilled if they came out with an H.D. version of Spyro's Adventure and Giants while also allowing Swap Force, Trap Team and Super Chargers? That would be something.
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#43 Posted: 07:46:40 20/04/2016
I'd love an HD update of SSA and Giants, but I'd rather keep those games locked to their then-current rosters. Using Wash Buckler in Dragon's Peak would just be weird for me.

I really would like for them to release older games as Magic Items. For example: Tapping the Core of Light toy on your Sky6 Portal would unlock SSA. Of course, they'd HAVE to update the roster of accepted Skylanders at that point, but hey.

Core of Light for SSA,
Ancient Fist of Arkus for Giants,
Mt. Cloudbreak for Swap Force,
Cloudcracker Prison for Trap Team.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
#44 Posted: 12:44:32 20/04/2016
Quote: Tigorus
  3. Buy it anyway

I'm pretty much here.

That being said, am I the only one who would also be thrilled if they came out with an H.D. version of Spyro's Adventure and Giants while also allowing Swap Force, Trap Team and Super Chargers? That would be something.

At some point, after the franchise calls it quits, I'd love a HD parity version of the first two and updates to allow all skylanders to play in all entries. So no, you aren't alone.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#45 Posted: 12:47:12 20/04/2016

I'm pretty much here.

At some point, after the franchise calls it quits, I'd love a HD parity version of the first two and updates to allow all skylanders to play in all entries. So no, you aren't alone.

Add in jumping, with the SF/SSC graphics and all Skylanders playable and I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
DeathBlade Yellow Sparx Gems: 1267
#46 Posted: 14:21:57 20/04/2016
Nothing. To me, 2016 is the year of anti-hype. I have no motivation to be "hyped" for anything.
---
Meh.
Starlight_Shine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1088
#47 Posted: 14:28:43 20/04/2016
Quote: DeathBlade
Nothing. To me, 2016 is the year of anti-hype. I have no motivation to be "hyped" for anything.

Then why even bother posting negativity anymore? It won't change anything. We already know that you think Skylanders is dead. So why even post what we know?
#48 Posted: 16:36:47 20/04/2016
Quote: Starlight_Shine
Quote: DeathBlade

Then why even bother posting negativity anymore? It won't change anything. We already know that you think Skylanders is dead. So why even post what we know?

Cause he can? Skylanders is probably more undead than dead. smilie
#49 Posted: 17:11:11 20/04/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

I'm pretty much here.

Add in jumping, with the SF/SSC graphics and all Skylanders playable and I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I've already said it a few times throughout this board but just putting the first 2 out in HD and allowing all skylanders to be used in these games feels like the perfect skylander game at the moment.. As well as add in the jumping.
Make it even better by adding in new levels. I'd take this over Skylanders 6 honestly.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#50 Posted: 18:39:30 20/04/2016
Flip the table, scream, dance with the trailer's song, and see as much details as I can, including details that don't exist.
---
Bruh
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me