Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
How? [CLOSED]
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#1 Posted: 23:44:51 15/04/2016 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Because this is why I really love shopping at EB Games with all the surprises I can pick up with a hoard of preowneds
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Tamez Blue Sparx Gems: 901
#2 Posted: 06:55:42 16/04/2016
They selling used Pepsi?
Ew.
---
My favorite Skylanders from each game: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#3 Posted: 08:08:29 16/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Lol that was mine I laid down before digging in smilie
---
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#4 Posted: 12:15:35 16/04/2016
Why are they all loose in a bin? Was it some type of deep discount fire sale? What's the price on them?
---
Stay Cool!
#5 Posted: 14:14:59 16/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Apparently the majority of EB Games' I went to had them all loose. They also changed the prices of them depending on which color base they are, etc.:

SSA & SG: $6
SSF: $7
STT: $8
SSC: $9/$10 (I don't remember)
Traps: $3

Can I just say it was quite fun having three simultaneous Ghost Roasters in hand smilie
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#6 Posted: 14:49:10 16/04/2016
SC stuff for 10 dollars? Oh man how I wish I had a Gamestop here. Could use Spitfire or Sea Shadow.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#7 Posted: 15:19:24 16/04/2016
That looks like a great way to get figures busted if they're just throwing them in a bin.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#8 Posted: 17:06:44 16/04/2016
Quote: fairyland
Why are they all loose in a bin? Was it some type of deep discount fire sale? What's the price on them?

When I was visiting New Jersy, one the game stops I went to all had them in a bin, just like that. Maybe it's different by region/country?

Quote: TakeYourLemons
That looks like a great way to get figures busted if they're just throwing them in a bin.

At the places I went to with them all in a bin, there was literally one unbroken skylander out of all of them. It's actually prettyy stupid to put them all in a bin, because if they break, that's a figure you can't really sell to easily anymore.
---
Dead
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#9 Posted: 17:26:33 16/04/2016
Quote: mega spyro
Quote: fairyland

When I was visiting New Jersey, one the game stops I went to all had them in a bin, just like that. Maybe it's different by region/country?

At the places I went to with them all in a bin, there was literally one unbroken skylander out of all of them. It's actually prettyy stupid to put them all in a bin, because if they break, that's a figure you can't really sell to easily anymore.

I'm from the UK, and they have them in 'bins' here too. Sometimes they get put in little plastic bags, but it varies.
#10 Posted: 17:30:47 16/04/2016
Quote: LameLime
Apparently the majority of EB Games' I went to had them all loose. They also changed the prices of them depending on which color base they are, etc.:

SSA & SG: $6
SSF: $7
STT: $8
SSC: $9/$10 (I don't remember)
Traps: $3

Hmm. Those prices aren't the most exciting around. I thought perhaps they were running a 99 cent sale, which is why they were all tossed like trash in a bin. LOL They are surely to get wrecked, damaged or even stolen. Perhaps I can find something like a Jade Flashwing this way though, one that they've been pricing too high for ages. Sadly the Jade Flashwing that is at my local store (who was in a bag for months) already looks trashed to start with.

Traps for $3 a pop wouldn't be so bad, as they are like impossible to get aside from the water traps. I'm still wanting just enough of those to put a villian in each one so as not to worry about always swapping them in and out. I don't even care if I get all doubles at this point.
---
Stay Cool!
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#11 Posted: 18:16:59 16/04/2016
You can still find some gems if you are picky. Sure in that bin some might get damaged, but I'm sure there are some finds in there. At this point many parents and players are divesting themselves of figures, so even previously rare ones like Ghost Roaster won't be that rare, particularly since he and Boomer just got the Elite treatment (and those were very cheap as of recently).

I've picked up a few rarer ones from Gamestop used to fill in missing slots of our collection, notably color shift Wash Buckler and emerald Gil Grunt (since they were only included in console bundles).
#12 Posted: 18:24:22 16/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Oh and by the way, the prices I listed are CAD calculation, so they're lower for my American neighbors. Also I think the reason why they are loose is because they have too much figures that they cannot bag them all quick. Honestly I find it more comfortable when they're loose because one time one of those staples of a bag punctured my finger.

@Fairyland - I actually found a bundle of used traps at a mall last week. That's where I bought the Earth Orb I was looking for to use as a clip on something. I've even seen the other Wave 1 traps too, like Undead Skull and Air Jughead.
---
#13 Posted: 19:02:16 16/04/2016
Quote: defpally
You can still find some gems if you are picky. Sure in that bin some might get damaged, but I'm sure there are some finds in there. At this point many parents and players are divesting themselves of figures, so even previously rare ones like Ghost Roaster won't be that rare, particularly since he and Boomer just got the Elite treatment (and those were very cheap as of recently).

I've picked up a few rarer ones from Gamestop used to fill in missing slots of our collection, notably color shift Wash Buckler and emerald Gil Grunt (since they were only included in console bundles).

No doubt, but hard to be excited by prices. I scored a dozen new TTL figures for $60 new recently. Still, for stuff that's impossible to get new, finding them can (I guess) be exciting.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:13:49 17/04/2016 by TakeYourLemons
#14 Posted: 20:13:22 16/04/2016
I went to mine after posting here, but sadly no bin. But they did have a huge box of them behind the counter in blue bags. Makes me wonder if something is up, that the stores got a ton of new stock in.

I found a used Astroblast (I think that's his name, the new Astro Skylander) out on the pegs which was surprising as he's not that old. But I couldn't find 4 other figures to go with him to cash in on that never ending buy 2 get 3 free sale.
---
Stay Cool!
#15 Posted: 03:15:00 17/04/2016
In my mind, the pricing would be the reverse. SSA figures would cost more than SC figures, where you can still find them with extreme ease. Like figures from Wave 1 even.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#16 Posted: 07:29:34 17/04/2016
In my mind, the pricing would be the reverse. SSA figures would cost more than SC figures, where you can still find them with extreme ease. Like figures from Wave 1 even.

That would be more so the case if activision stopped making series 2,3,4 of things and just ran a series 1 and called it a day.

They could use the Eon line to re-release some but not to the point they have already.

Think of it this way, if SSA guys had a ton more not reposed, then giants, then swap force some of these used figures would hold more a of a value. Then the Eons would also have more of a use per say.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#17 Posted: 12:24:06 18/04/2016
I guess I need to go hunting there
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me