Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Mysterious Game Controller in NBA 2K17 Commerial - Nintendo NX Controller?
Page 1 of 1
Mysterious Game Controller in NBA 2K17 Commerial - Nintendo NX Controller? [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#1 Posted: 16:53:43 13/04/2016 | Topic Creator
So a commercial for NBA 2K17 went up. Nothing too strange about it on it's own, and it's a fairly nice commercial too.

However, at two points in the trailer, you can see the actors holding a video game controller that so far, nobody has found a match for, even among third party controllers, PC controllers, Android/iOS game pads, etc.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

First image on it's own wouldn't mean much, but the second image gives a clearer look, and nobody has been able to find a match for it yet.

I just felt like sharing this, since it might interest some people. If you see a controller that is just like the one pictured here, then that would also debunk the rumour, but a lot of people speculate this must be the NX controller and possibly this commercial went out earlier than intended (since it's certain we will be seeing the NX officially very soon, no later than E3).

Here's the trailer these images come from too.

---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:55:01 13/04/2016 by sonicbrawler182
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#2 Posted: 17:08:35 13/04/2016
Could also be for that weird console from the company that funded something from Inafune(can't remember the name) but even sports games wouldn't go that low, right?

The controller looks... Normal, at the least. Looks like a Steam Controller or PS controller with a lot more silver.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#3 Posted: 00:44:28 14/04/2016
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Is it even a real controller, or just a prop?

I had the same question as well.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7369
#4 Posted: 01:55:56 14/04/2016
I'm making the assumption that it's a prop, as I'm sceptical that Nintendo would show the controller off so early, especially with E3 around the corner.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:56:06 14/04/2016 by gillgrunt987
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#5 Posted: 06:22:34 14/04/2016
I think they didn't want to "pick a side" by using either a PS4/Xbone for the commercial and it's a generic one.
---
#all Spyros are valid
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#6 Posted: 12:14:46 14/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: gillgrunt987
I'm making the assumption that it's a prop, as I'm sceptical that Nintendo would show the controller off so early, especially with E3 around the corner.

Well that's the thing, E3 is around the corner and the NX is likely to be revealed a bit in advance of E3 itself (with E3 itself focusing on the finer details of the system and the games it will have).

It's entirely possible that this commercial slipped out earlier than intended, since it's not made by Nintendo.

What's most curious to me is that the controller seems to have a touchpad - that's on oddly specific detail to have on a prop controller if it is just a generic prop, especially for a multi-plat game, since not even the PS4 version of this game would have much use for the touchpad. It also just so happens that some Nintendo patents for a new controller, have touchpads.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#7 Posted: 13:02:49 14/04/2016
^Yeah, because it's in both shots, it must be there for a reason...
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Operationgamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1289
#8 Posted: 00:19:12 15/04/2016
Looking at the black and red "box", if you zoom in on it, it appears to actually be Twi DVD/game cases stacked together.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me