Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders developers n-Space are shutting down
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders developers n-Space are shutting down [CLOSED]
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#1 Posted: 18:27:00 30/03/2016 | Topic Creator
n-space developers that worked on the skylanders games for the 3ds is shutting down....

http://nintendoeverything.com/n-space-is-shutting-down/
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:31:02 30/03/2016 by dark52
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 18:33:41 30/03/2016
now all we need is the wii versions to die

also, nice clickbait topic
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#3 Posted: 18:46:44 30/03/2016
In other news, someone is taking lessons from Gawker.

Was obvious N-space wasn't lasting long, I don't even rememberany games from them after SSA3DS and that was underwhelming. The other teams might bring in who was good in there but Acti shuts down first and asks what went wrong later, as seen with EL and Krome.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#4 Posted: 18:49:43 30/03/2016
Actually Krome Studios wasn't really closed down, and they are still active with their TY the Tasmanian Tiger games.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#5 Posted: 18:50:54 30/03/2016
Quote: Aura24
Actually Krome Studios wasn't really closed down, and they are still active with their TY the Tasmanian Tiger games.

Yeah, but Acti more or less shut the door on their projects. Didn't most of the team leave or something? The crazyness with DOTD was too big to catch up with.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#6 Posted: 18:53:57 30/03/2016
Yeah, many of their staff were laid off but the studio didn't fully shut down.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#7 Posted: 19:30:40 30/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost

Was obvious N-space wasn't lasting long.

they had a 21 years run, its pretty decent i would say...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#8 Posted: 19:32:30 30/03/2016
Pretty decent then, not now. Might as well pack up if they spent the last 5 years on obscure ports and look for something different, sometimes. Not everyone can survive off of very little very infrequently like some indies or Oddworld Inhabitants.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:39:39 30/03/2016 by Bifrost
HuskerfanChuck Yellow Sparx Gems: 1225
#9 Posted: 19:41:51 30/03/2016
Repost from Superchargers forum on the same concept/topic:

That logic... it fails. First, if you would read what people have said, the layoffs didn't happen in places where the Skylanders games are being produced. Specifically, I believe Bifrost noted that the location was where Guitar Hero was made.

Second, if you would actually read the info on the link you posted, Skylanders wasn't even noted as one of their major works. Skylanders, from what I saw, wasn't even mentioned in the article. And yet you want to attribute both of these things to Skylanders dying. Their is no logical connection there, other than you wanting Skylanders to collapse, and using any stretch of a connection to prove your point.

Course, most people know this, anyway. But just in case somebody new clicks this by chance, you need to be called out on this.
---
HuskerfanChuck

Repping the Light, Huskers, and Nebraska!
#10 Posted: 22:35:18 30/03/2016
Looked it up some more since Nintendoeverything did a really bad job at explaining, N-Space is an indie team.
Wow,that's even sadder than Acti shutting it down, since the total lack of games means they probably couldn't fund one themselves or get a company to outsource to them. Hoping the devs will find more sucessful jobs then.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:35:34 30/03/2016 by Bifrost
#11 Posted: 08:37:29 31/03/2016
I did, it's easy to scramble the names because it's the only distinct 3DS game other than Racing.

The only dev I remember showing up was the composer from SF3DS but by that time he had left already, I think. His soundcloud link for the exclusive songs is still up iirc.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me