Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Flocked Fryno & Other Interesting Figures
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
Flocked Fryno & Other Interesting Figures
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#101 Posted: 17:22:52 09/04/2016
I hate when sellers put "rare" in the title (unless we're talking about something like a Pokemon card, where rare is the official term and it's being used correctly).

At this point, between the exposure here and elsewhere, our friend here should have no worries about the most willing of collectors knowing about his items.

Troubles of listing on eBay aside (fees, jerks trying to scam, dealing with getting the listings perfect), I fully agree that listing them (although I'd start them lower, like $10) and letting them ride would maximize the potential value. This has a secondary effect of giving the rest of us a ball-park of what folks are willing to pay for this type of stuff. I mean, the BIN on my Smash Hit was low - if we had known what it was beforehand (remember, at that time, we had no idea what was going on) I think an auction for it would have gone 2-3x... but we'll never know, since I ain't selling. ;)

On the flip side, if the owner is given a fair offer (here, on facebook, whatever) on any singles or the lot as a whole that makes it worth his time to get be done with it and not have to deal with listings and the issues that arise - I fully understand why he'd go that route. Heck, if I found myself in his shoes, I'd probably find someone who wanted to give me a fair amount for the lot (I sent him a PM that said if I had the spare cash, I'd over him $1k on the spot and told him that I thought *that* was too low of an amount) and let them deal with the hassles of breaking it apart and selling. I have a smaller collection of figures (nothing *too* special) that I've found myself with duplicates of since I've started collecting that I could probably turn into a couple hundred bucks on eBay... I just don't have the patience to deal with the process. If someone offered me a lump-sum for the lot and I thought it was a fair deal, I'd take a loss on the potential larger sale just to be done with it.

With all this said, I don't want to get the owner's hopes up. You've not won the lottery here - your kids aren't going to college and you're not buying a new home on the beach with this lot. You're going to make some money, no doubt. Without better pics of each one, it's hard to tell (and I'd focus on the ones I highlighted in the message to you) - but even with better pics - frankly, the community hasn't had the pleasure of having access to this type of stuff like this before. It's near impossible to tell what these are worth, as we have no good history to judge by. If I go to sell my extra Metallic Cynder on eBay, I can seach previous listings and get an idea of what she's worth. We can't do that with this stuff. I'd say, tentatively, $50-$100/figure, with more going towards ones that you can verify work in-game and have interesting paint jobs. Unpainted "factory firsts" are probably going to be on the lower scale (even less if they don't work). This is why I, from the outside, would like to see these listed on eBay with open bidding. - just to see what they go for - and this is how you're going to potentially maximize the sell prices.
Agust2016 Red Sparx Gems: 38
#102 Posted: 20:45:31 09/04/2016
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Can you help me with this one any body knows anything
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#103 Posted: 20:49:45 09/04/2016 | Topic Creator
That's really nice looking!
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#104 Posted: 20:49:58 09/04/2016
Hi, looks like the images haven't posted!

EDIT: Oh, wait, never mind!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:58:18 09/04/2016 by yelvy
#105 Posted: 20:50:10 09/04/2016
Here is another one

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#106 Posted: 20:57:05 09/04/2016
Quote: yelvy

He's copying the imgur pages instead of the images themselves, just drag them to a new tab for now.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#107 Posted: 20:57:51 09/04/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: yelvy

He's copying the imgur pages instead of the images themselves, just drag them to a new tab for now.

Ohhh! Thanks! smilie
#108 Posted: 21:14:47 09/04/2016
Quote: Agust2016
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Can you help me with this one any body knows anything

First post...
#109 Posted: 21:16:38 09/04/2016
Here is another one

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Second post.
#110 Posted: 21:17:43 09/04/2016
^ Thanks Unclebob! You're so helpful, as always smilie
#111 Posted: 21:22:39 09/04/2016
It's funny, that clear base on Flame Slinger takes a figure I don't care about and makes it one I'd like to have. ;)

Looks like these are factory firsts - early runs through the machines and sent back for final approval before fullscale production. Guessing they don't work in-game.

If they don't work, I'd say you're looking $30-$50 on the high side. Neither character has all too devoted of a fan following that folks want yet another Stealth Elf, and neither one is all that crazy unique (like the metallic Grim Creeper).
#112 Posted: 21:40:30 09/04/2016
I got a wii not a wii u but many dont work and others say
A Toy on the portal of power has a ploblem
#113 Posted: 21:44:46 09/04/2016
https://imgur.com/a/RwEvK

[User Posted Image]

Like this picture
#114 Posted: 21:46:50 09/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Is that SuperChargers?
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#115 Posted: 21:48:54 09/04/2016
Quote: UncleBob
If they don't work, I'd say you're looking $30-$50 on the high side. Neither character has all too devoted of a fan following that folks want yet another Stealth Elf, and neither one is all that crazy unique (like the metallic Grim Creeper).

I thought Stealth Elf was madly popular simply by the fact that she was one of only two characters that has had a release every year. LOL Not even Spyro can claim that!

Seriously, I'd love to own a prototype of her and I hope to get at least one of her for my collection. But honestly I am really into the lady landers, so it could have been any female character prototype and I'd want one.
---
Stay Cool!
#116 Posted: 21:51:28 09/04/2016

A SuperChargers Wii starter would be fine for your purposes. Just take note of what each one actually does and put that data into your listing. It'll help your buyers a lot.
---
Stay Cool!
#117 Posted: 22:21:50 09/04/2016
Thank u very much to every body
#118 Posted: 22:25:03 09/04/2016

So... the ones that do nothing likely just don't have a chip in them at all. Puts a bit of a damper on their value.

Ones that give this error message - that's an odd case. It means they *do* have a chip, but the game can't recognize it. Could be that the chip is broken in some way, has corrupted data on it, or is some kind of development chip.

Broken chips dump you into the same category as no-chip. Not going to help the value.

Corrupted chip - if you can reset the data (is this a menu option anymore? Would it require third party software at this point?) and make it work, you'd stand to make some extra. However...

...depending on the data that is on the corrupted chip *or* if it's a development version (which is most likely, in my opinion), hackers and tinkerers would *love* to get ahold of the data on the chip. Maybe something as simple as seeing part of the development process or data hidden by one of the developers as an in-joke. Maybe something a little more nefarious. However, I think this group is rather small and would be inclined to not risk buying the figure based on whatifs (but if someone else bought it and dumped the data for them...) This puts the error figures a few bucks ahead of the ones that just don't work at all. In my opinion, of course. :D
#119 Posted: 22:30:59 09/04/2016
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Some more pictures
#120 Posted: 22:33:48 09/04/2016
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

2 more pictures
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#121 Posted: 01:02:47 10/04/2016
Ebay one of them possible development figures..as UncleBob suggested... I'm all over that one.. Lol.
---
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#122 Posted: 01:11:42 10/04/2016

Are you using a copy of Superchargers? Because if I remember right, that screen shows up when you're using a toy from a later game (like Spitfire on Trap Team)
---
Dead
#123 Posted: 02:15:46 10/04/2016
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

This are the 2 games im using to try the skylanders do i need to get a diferent game?
#124 Posted: 02:20:06 10/04/2016 | Topic Creator
This game to test them all:
[User Posted Image]
#125 Posted: 02:37:44 10/04/2016
Thanks i will go to the store in the morning so i can try the toys 2morrow
#126 Posted: 05:01:25 10/04/2016
[User Posted Image]

Many of the toys have a paper like this one tape on the botton
any body know what the paper mean ?
#127 Posted: 09:09:06 10/04/2016
The Merton Co., Ltd. Is the Chinese company that makes the actual figures for Activision. R1 means region one I'd bet but I'm not 100% certain. I don't know what a "sign sample" means exactly. But it pretty much assures you have legit prototypes as this is not general knowledge that average persons has. It probably would have been better to leave the papers on there as they may have coded the figures and denoted what type of prototypes they were.

https://panjiva.com/The-Merton-Co-Ltd/29996147
---
Stay Cool!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#128 Posted: 20:37:30 10/04/2016
For those unaware, sign samples seem to be test prints from factories sent directly to Activision for inspection. I own several of them.

Usually, several sign samples for figures exist, some with slight paint changes, some that look like the final product (albeit higher quality), and some that end up utilizing different materials (like the Turquoise Hot Dog).
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#129 Posted: 20:39:25 10/04/2016
Quote: Matteomax
For those unaware, sign samples seem to be test prints from factories sent directly to Activision for inspection. I own several of them.

Usually, several sign samples for figures exist, some with slight paint changes, some that look like the final product (albeit higher quality), and some that end up utilizing different materials (like the Turquoise Hot Dog).

Why get rid of them,though? TFB keeps prototypes as display as we've seen in some of the interviews, unless they have so many of those they are actually extras.
---
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#130 Posted: 20:43:34 10/04/2016
Welcome, Agust2016, I hope/expect that your treatment in this forum will be better than on FaceBook. In short, I encourage you to listen to the sagely advice of fairyland and UncleBob. Take your time and even though you won't retire on this, I realistically expect that you can make several grand in profit if you invest a bit of time in the ads.

So folks, are we in concordance with the term "prototype" or should he use "factory first", or even both? My perception is that if he uses a term agreed upon by this community, he can use that term in his ads more safely. If some wise-acre tries to bung it on, he can simply provide evidence that he sought advice from a community of people "in the know" and followed that.

EDIT: How about "sign sample", then?
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:44:34 10/04/2016 by chaosworrier
#131 Posted: 23:53:13 10/04/2016
I got the supercharcher starter pack today to try the skylander some of the toy work good
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
#132 Posted: 00:03:30 11/04/2016
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]http://i.imgur.com/pprrkC2.jpg[/img]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Some dont do nothing it all and some give me the error message
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#133 Posted: 00:17:32 11/04/2016
i love that grim creeper
#134 Posted: 00:24:12 11/04/2016
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Some more
#135 Posted: 00:27:38 11/04/2016
Seems like the Supercharger prototypes/samples work then,and considering some are the Amiibo, they could go for more than the rest,can't they?
---
#136 Posted: 01:27:27 11/04/2016
Whats a good title for this one
And whats the name of this figure ...thanks very much guy
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
#137 Posted: 01:35:26 11/04/2016
Yeah... the amiibo unpainted figures will probably get you a pretty penny. Thinking $100ish. It would be helpful if you could acquire an amiibo-compatible device/software and test the amiibo half of them.

The LIGHTCORE Prism Break is *sexy*. I see him going upwards of $100. He works and he looks great.

Drive Clops and the Supercharger Stealth Elf probably $50-$75. Not super popular characters, but they work.

The Tuff Luck - that will be interesting. Shame she doesn't work. Hard to guess a good price for it. It's a prototype(?) of a rare variant. Interesting. Same with the flocked/gold Prism Break - except that he's even more rare.

Shame the translucent Gilly and Hot Dogs don't work. Guessing upwards of $50 for the Hot Dog. Far less for Gilly, since that variant is fairly common (unpainted gun aside) and everyone but me hates him.

The Snap Shot looks retail - unless I'm missing something.

Guessing $50ish for the Grim Creeper. He looks great. The lack of working chip hurts him though. :/

The S1 Stealth Elf and Stump Smash... $25, maybe? Unworking figures that are dirt common otherwise.
#138 Posted: 01:36:23 11/04/2016
That one is a Series 1 Stealth Elf,pretty sure. Green base, the simplest pose, the weapons aren't upgraded.
---
#139 Posted: 01:53:55 11/04/2016
Quote: Bifrost
That one is a Series 1 Stealth Elf,pretty sure. Green base, the simplest pose, the weapons aren't upgraded.

Series 1 Stealth Elf without a doubt. I guessed $25ish on her above.
#140 Posted: 02:56:57 11/04/2016
Oh wow, I actually have that exact same S1 Stealth Elf.
---
#141 Posted: 04:10:03 11/04/2016
Thanks for all your help guys
#142 Posted: 06:28:31 11/04/2016
Agust, did you know that you can ID Skylanders quickly by the color of their bases and using scans of the posters found online? Google up each years poster for reference.

Green base is Skylanders Spryo Adventure.
Orange base is Skylanders Giants.
Blue base is Skylanders Swap Force.
Red base is Skylanders Trap Team.
Motor base is Skylanders SuperChargers.

Any other color base you have should denote a prototype as I doubt you have any Elite Skylanders which are clear based. Actually you had an Elite Ghost Roaster in one eBay image a while back so who knows.

Those images you have are great and they should be included in your listings BUT I would never use Spanish as people will come to the conclusion that they are Mexican knock-offs. It's stupid I know but people are racist like that. You should retake the images with English shown or you'll get a flood of email questioning their authenticity. Just saying to make selling easier and more profitable for you.

UncleBob would be best to go to for prices, I have no clue and I don't own any. Perhaps I'll get me a Stealth Elf from one of your listings. lol
---
Stay Cool!
#143 Posted: 03:10:34 12/04/2016
I forgot to mention, but..

It honestly doesn't affect the value if a prototype works or not, as there's a much, much larger amount of chipless/blank chip ones compared to ones that are fully programmed. Only one single prototype out of the dozens I own actually work, and that was the Series 1 Stealth Elf shown above, but it actually shows up in-game as S1 Dark Spyro.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#144 Posted: 03:22:26 12/04/2016
i'd buy any one of those, working or not!
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#145 Posted: 03:25:33 12/04/2016
I just bought the hot streak!! I was skeptical about these at first. Either I bought a prototype for an amazing price, or a paid too much for a custom. Does anyone know how I could verify it?
---
Any last wishes?
#146 Posted: 03:38:50 12/04/2016
Quote: Matteomax
I forgot to mention, but..

It honestly doesn't affect the value if a prototype works or not, as there's a much, much larger amount of chipless/blank chip ones compared to ones that are fully programmed. Only one single prototype out of the dozens I own actually work, and that was the Series 1 Stealth Elf shown above, but it actually shows up in-game as S1 Dark Spyro.

I disagree.

As you said, there are much more non-working prototypes than working ones. Supply and Demand.

You're going to have hard-core collectors who will go after any neat-looking prototype just for the fact it's a prototype.
You're going to have hard-core collectors who will go after a working prototype because it's something really rare for their collection.
Then, you're going casual collectors and fans who are going to be more inclined to drop $100 on something they can at least use in game vs. something that is *just* going to take up space.

Look at the chase variants - we have folks who swear them off because they don't have a different pallet in-game. They work - they just don't look different.

For those collectors/fans, a non-working figure is worse than a chase variant - they don't even work in the game at all.

The translucent blue and orange Hot Dogs. I would have paid $50 each for them on the off chance they worked. In fact, had bid $50 on the first blue one. Knowing the orange one doesn't work cuts that price in half for me. Maybe $30 (personally). If I *knew* it worked, I might go up to $75. But, this is just my personal opinion.

Like I said earlier, this is new to all of us - we've never had access to these kinds of figures before - so it's hard to gauge what the interest in them will be. I guess we'll see what all of these go for soon enough.
#147 Posted: 04:49:05 12/04/2016 | Topic Creator
There's a big difference between prototypes and finished figures. Just because a prototype happens to work in the game, doesn't mean it's more demanded. There may be fewer working ones than non-working, but it really depends on how much each individual collector values it. It's also possible some prototypes are made before the chips are created.
#148 Posted: 05:13:57 12/04/2016
Quote: 4inCreation
[...]it really depends on how much each individual collector values it.

I completely agree.

I am, however, of the opinion, that the figure simply *working* makes it potentially more valuable just because it opens the market to more potential buyers.

If 50 people want a non-working Hot Dog, it's worth $1 more than however much the #2 guy is willing to pay.

If 51 people want a working Hot Dog, it's still worth $1 more than however much the #2 guy is willing to pay - but the more potential buyers, the more wallets you have to pick from.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#149 Posted: 05:22:25 12/04/2016
Quote: Wishblade
I just bought the hot streak!! I was skeptical about these at first. Either I bought a prototype for an amazing price, or a paid too much for a custom. Does anyone know how I could verify it?

I am glad someone here out bid me by a 1.00. It just sucks I did not get it because I was in a town hall meeting when it ended and had no way to up my bid. Oh well story of my life, this is my One That Got Away! Suxs to be me as always a day late and a dollar short every dang time.....

If I had had bid 1000.00 it would have been won for 1001.00 lmao........

Wasn't meant to be as always. That's how I roll never good enough to get what I want.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#150 Posted: 05:26:11 12/04/2016
On the bright side, looks like the seller has some more of those Hot Streaks potentially up for sale down the road. ;)
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me