Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > God damn, Sonic CD is not as good as I remember it to be
Page 1 of 1
God damn, Sonic CD is not as good as I remember it to be [CLOSED]
GarbageMemes101 Ripto Gems: 670
#1 Posted: 19:23:33 27/03/2016 | Topic Creator
I absolutely love the original Sonic games. My most played ones were the ones on the Sega Genesis (now on my iPhone!!), and the occasional Sonic CD on our PC at the time and ps2/gamecube collection.

I've been replaying it on my phone recently...and holy crap, this game is no where near as good as Sonic 2 or even Sonic 1.

It feels as if the original team that developed Sonic 1 made this, but felt a lot less inspired and forced a gimmick and terrible level design.

at least the music (JPN/EU edition) is good.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#2 Posted: 21:59:02 27/03/2016
I think it's better than Sonic 1 & Sonic 2, still. And better than Sonic 3 or Sonic & Knuckles alone.

But S3&K is still king.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#3 Posted: 23:10:13 27/03/2016
Admittedly the level design is very odd (much more vertically oriented than the other Genesis games) and searching for the robot generators kind of takes some of the wind out of the sails. But I like it because it feels unique in comparison to Sonic 1-3&K.

(Also, it's the only one of the Taxman/Stealth remasters to get a proper console release, because **** playing on a smart phone.)
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#4 Posted: 23:13:49 27/03/2016
Quote: HIR
(Also, it's the only one of the Taxman/Stealth remasters to get a proper console release, because **** playing on a smart phone.)

Bluestacks is your friend.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#5 Posted: 23:20:33 27/03/2016
It's probably my favorite of the classic Sonic games, mostly because it's the only one I really spent any time on. I didn't think Sonic 1, 2, or 3&K were bad, I just didn't really get into them. But I really got into CD.

If nothing else it's my favorite classic game for introducing Metal Sonic, my favorite Sonic character.
---
Cool cool.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me