Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
What should they change for Sky6?
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#1 Posted: 00:58:28 24/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Make it possible to unlock EVERYTHING with what comes with the game. A good way to do this would be to focus each game on a small group of Skylanders, including both new and returning characters. This would allow for the character development that many have been asking for.

Toys could still be included as a separate toy-only line, or as keys to instantly unlock character, items or places that are in game but require a lot of work to achieve. They could also be used to change up gameplay or change characters on the fly, whereas one would usually have to change characters at the hub.

Another option is to vastly increase what you get with each character. Maybe with each character you get a new level/small story to go with it, building off the main campaign and fleshing out that character, all in one figure. Maybe you would have to complete this mini campaign before being able to use the character in the main game. It would also have to be easy to change campaigns, be it via a hub world or a quick select screen.

On a different but not entirely unrelated note, IDK if action adventure is really the best kind of game for the TTL genre. Skylanders is the only one I've played, but aren't most other TTL games sandbox games, or something like it? To me a TTL sandbox game that gives you more to build with/off of with each toy makes way more sense than waving fancy gates in our faces shouting 'Ha ha! Spend $15 MORE and we'll let you actually finish the game you spent nearly $80 on!'. Don't get me wrong, TTL is an awesome idea IMO and downright charming in its concept, but I don't think players should have to spend hundreds to enjoy all a game has to offer. Especially when 99% of games are all inclusive for just $60 new.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 01:01:10 24/03/2016
The 3DS versions before Racing make use of permanent skylander unlocks well, thanks, I'll stick to my portals.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 01:12:18 24/03/2016 | Topic Creator
What exactly do you mean?

Also IMO handheld consoles don't really compare to home ones, especially since you can't walk around and be mobile with a Skylanders game because of the need for toys and portals.
#4 Posted: 01:18:35 24/03/2016
Well, it's not like I'll carry my WiiU around on the bus, and it is right next to my figures.
---
#5 Posted: 01:28:26 24/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Yeah that's what I mean, is anyone going to take a portal and a bunch of toys to the park or some where to play Skylanders on a tiny screen? I get that the 3DS versions are often very different from consoles, but the nature of Skylanders kinda puts paid to the mobile part of handheld consoles.

What I meant though was what do you mean about making use of permanent Skylanders unlocks? Also what did you mean when you said you'll stick to your portals? Sorry, maybe I'm thick but your first post was kind of oddly written.
#6 Posted: 01:34:11 24/03/2016
You talked about keys to instantly unlock characters and changing on the fly,though that was what you meant since that's what SF3DS and TT3DS do with the permanent scans.
---
#7 Posted: 03:08:13 24/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Ah I see. What I don't see is why they can't do that with al characters in home versions of the game and only as a shortcut/optional extra.

If they continue as they are however, what could they do next? We've seen giants, mixing elements and new abilities, playable villains, and now vehicles. What's next? A Smash Bros style fighting game (no thanks!)? A pokemon esque gimmick of having two versions of one game? A strategy style game where you control several characters at once? A make your own Skylander game?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:26:23 24/03/2016 by ClassicSpyroLUV
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#8 Posted: 07:48:29 24/03/2016
Quote: ClassicSpyroLUV
Ah I see. What I don't see is why they can't do that with al characters in home versions of the game and only as a shortcut/optional extra.

If they continue as they are however, what could they do next? We've seen giants, mixing elements and new abilities, playable villains, and now vehicles. What's next? A Smash Bros style fighting game (no thanks!)? A pokemon esque gimmick of having two versions of one game? A strategy style game where you control several characters at once? A make your own Skylander game?

None of these.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#9 Posted: 09:39:45 24/03/2016
In my opinion they should simply take Trap Team, change the level structure to an open-world one, support vehicles as a way to travel faster across the map, re-implement some kind of Skylanders PvP, change how experience works so we can finally get past Level 20 without keep increasing only the health, re-introduce some kind of character's specific Quest for all the exsisting characters and maybe an Heroic-like mission for each of the new Skylanders.
Oh and classic cards and bases, please, thanks.

Finally either implement elemental features tied naturally to the environment along with Elemental Gates or simply get rid entirely of the latter.

Of course, new story, returning classic NPCs, new locations and 20 or so new Skylanders to collect.
No new gimmick, no new Portal.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#10 Posted: 10:36:58 24/03/2016
No please, no changes in the game genre:hack n slash with exploration and a bit of platforming and puzzles is perfect. we've had enough experiments with Superchargers.Turning skylanders into a fighting game would be a considerable downgrade.the fact people are asking for pvp doesn't mean The game has to be límited only to that. Samecwith the sandbox.If people like racing por fighting,they should buy a racing or fighting game

Moreover,there are more important things for sky 6 that hace been widely así by fans al through this yearsmilienline PvP,good post game content,no more compulsory racing.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#11 Posted: 11:34:58 24/03/2016
I think having a gimmick is important, it is what makes each game unique.
---
bye
#12 Posted: 11:50:53 24/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: newkill

But how many more gimmicks are there? I think things like that just make the game more expensive and downright infuriating if you can't afford it or miss the window of opportunity to get them. The thing that I think makes any 'you can collect them all' toy line enjoyable and successful is that you CAN collect them all, but you don't HAVE to. I realize that's overstating things a bit, but the game does still FORCE you to buy more toys than you may want, just to be able to play the game to completion.
#13 Posted: 12:34:34 24/03/2016
There are as many gimmicks as you can think of. Running out of ideas is a myth, you just start getting unmoderated bad ones instead of spending more time thinking it over. Otherwise, the action figure industry would've never taken off, looong before TTL.
---
#14 Posted: 13:40:55 24/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Okay, that was badly worded I admit, but my latter statement still stands.

As for other possible gimmicks, maybe they'll do what they did with SF and create new abilities, but this time apply it to weapons. With this idea they could also implement the same idea superchargers had: any character can use any item, but match it with a specific character to get some kind of power bonus.

Maybe each toy will have their own story campaign as opposed to some mini game/small side quest like the heroics, which I would like.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#15 Posted: 14:35:55 24/03/2016
Quote: Drek95
In my opinion they should simply take Trap Team, change the level structure to an open-world one, support vehicles as a way to travel faster across the map, re-implement some kind of Skylanders PvP, change how experience works so we can finally get past Level 20 without keep increasing only the health, re-introduce some kind of character's specific Quest for all the exsisting characters and maybe an Heroic-like mission for each of the new Skylanders.

Finally either implement elemental features tied naturally to the environment along with Elemental Gates or simply get rid entirely of the latter.

Of course, new story, returning classic NPCs, new locations and 20 or so new Skylanders to collect.

I agree with you, but instead of TT, make it SF with the best assets of TT and SSC. SF has the best combat int the series and neither TT or SCC has captured it. SCC is close to it though.

I'd also rather have separate levels instead of one connected open world, unless it involves air travel which could be fun.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#16 Posted: 14:37:00 24/03/2016

This.

no new Portal.

But not this. I'd want a new portal just to make up for the last two (Which imo were really ugly) and for new players. Something like the one from SF.

Quote: angelg
No please, no changes in the game genre:hack n slash with exploration and a bit of platforming and puzzles is perfect. we've had enough experiments with Superchargers.Turning skylanders into a fighting game would be a considerable downgrade.the fact people are asking for pvp doesn't mean The game has to be límited only to that. Samecwith the sandbox.If people like racing por fighting,they should buy a racing or fighting game

Moreover,there are more important things for sky 6 that hace been widely así by fans al through this yearsmilienline PvP,good post game content,no more compulsory racing.

Drek's not saying he wants a fighting game. We just want something less linear so it really feels like we're exploring! smilie I think it's great for Acti to take risks, and changing the genre would refresh a series that's getting stale after 5 games.

Totally agree with that last thing though. We all want those things you've mentioned! smilie

The problem with gimmicks is that Acti have to make sure they are still useful/relevant in next years game, or face the backlash with not doing this. (I can't remember too well, but were there still giant gates in SW?) Who knows what they'll do to fit in SC vehicles into Sky6, if they even bother. (Since it seems a lot of people don't like racing anyway)

However, I'd love to see the last Sklyanders game include parts of every gimmick, as a real celebration of the series. Can't see this happening because by then a lot go people won't have older figures like the giants, and obviously theres the problem with memory, etc.
#17 Posted: 14:53:18 24/03/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

I agree with you, but instead of TT, make it SF with the best assets of TT and SSC. SF has the best combat int the series and neither TT or SCC has captured it. SCC is close to it though.

I'd also rather have separate levels instead of one connected open world, unless it involves air travel which could be fun.

Well I said "Trap Team" precisely because it has the best designs and art style in my opinion and because it already includes the fact trappable villains work again.
SWAP Force indeed has a really great combat and I would love if it could be kept (except for that moment when you hit an enemy and it """lags""" a little on the impact; I know it's intended but I never liked it).
Oh, and keep SuperChargers graphics too or even make better ones!

Regarding the levels I always think about a LEGO game styled map: a big open world hub from where you can reach specific locations by running, swimming and flying and then start the actual levels which would still work like the previous games.
Worded myself badly, I know, just a biiiig overworld which connects to the smaller actual levels. smilie

About the Portal my opinion is that they can create a new one if they have an interesting concept in mind but not force us to use it.
SuperChargers nailed that aspect, luckily.
Would have never liked playing with that Hot Wheels themed plastic slab...

Finally, gimmicks.
We started with bigger and stronger characters, them moved onto mixable Skylanders and then non-characters figures which added a slightly strategic aspect to the classic gameplay.
And then vehicles.
Which have nothing to do with the regular gameplay, always break the rythm of the various levels and become a side feature instead of integrating the hack-and-slash style, at least the way they were introduced.

If they can come up with something along the line of traps or Giants/Swappers (not Trap Masters) and keep their function in future games I'm all for a new gimmick.
But if they have to go SuperChargers again... No thanks.
Give me my 20 new Cores and I'll be happy.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:55:45 24/03/2016 by Drek95
#18 Posted: 15:59:01 24/03/2016 | Topic Creator
If I understand you correctly Drek, I agree. Extra toys without actually needing them would be pretty cool. I might actually buy some extra toys if I didn't feel like I was being forced to spend it.

As for an interconnected hub world, yes please provided there was some fast travel system. A built in fast travel system like what's in the games now would be ideal, since not all players will have bought SC based on what I've heard. Not to mention it's just not okay to withhold content from players who don't buy every game. By all means implement previous toys to unlock new content but don't make the base game uncompletable or tedious if players on't have toys from every game, especially since you can't buy just any toy 100% of the time.

However, if they release new Swap Landers, Trap Landers, Giants and Superchargers with Sky 6 onward, or re release/repose old ones, then it may be more viable to utilize older toy types. Actually I think it'd be wiser to make re releases or backwards compatible reposes than all new gimmick landers since then people could actually finish previous games.
#19 Posted: 16:52:13 24/03/2016
Quote: yelvy

This.

no new Portal.

But not this. I'd want a new portal just to make up for the last two (Which imo were really ugly) and for new players. Something like the one from SF.

Drek's not saying he wants a fighting game. We just want something less linear so it really feels like we're exploring! smilie I think it's great for Acti to take risks, and changing the genre would refresh a series that's getting stale after 5 games.

Totally agree with that last thing though. We all want those things you've mentioned! smilie

The problem with gimmicks is that Acti have to make sure they are still useful/relevant in next years game, or face the backlash with not doing this. (I can't remember too well, but were there still giant gates in SW?) Who knows what they'll do to fit in SC vehicles into Sky6, if they even bother. (Since it seems a lot of people don't like racing anyway)

However, I'd love to see the last Sklyanders game include parts of every gimmick, as a real celebration of the series. Can't see this happening because by then a lot go people won't have older figures like the giants, and obviously theres the problem with memory, etc.

No, I wasn't answering to drek,I was answering to the OP,since he mentioned he wasn't sure about action\adventure being the best gane gente forma skylanders.

I agree with you that risks are necessary but that doesn,t mean we have to get a NFL or fifa skylanders,if u know what i mean.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:53:03 24/03/2016 by angelg
#20 Posted: 17:18:45 24/03/2016
If I understand you correctly Drek, I agree. Extra toys without actually needing them would be pretty cool. I might actually buy some extra toys if I didn't feel like I was being forced to spend it.

As for an interconnected hub world, yes please provided there was some fast travel system. A built in fast travel system like what's in the games now would be ideal, since not all players will have bought SC based on what I've heard. Not to mention it's just not okay to withhold content from players who don't buy every game. By all means implement previous toys to unlock new content but don't make the base game uncompletable or tedious if players on't have toys from every game, especially since you can't buy just any toy 100% of the time.

Well you have a point.

I originally thought that vehicles would have been the only way to travel fast across the map (all the Skylanders would move at a considerabile speed after a while like in LEGO games, whether they were running, swimming or flying, but not as fast as when driving) but it might become frustrating in the long run.

Maybe there could be three basic vehicles, like the Mabu's which simply act as a way to move faster but don't let you attack enemies while travelling and that's where vehicle toys would come in handy allowing you to defeat enemies without having to hop down them.

As I always say the key of extra figures whether they are Gimmicklanders or special items is that you should want to buy them but not be forced, in my opinion.
I doubt one would buy a vehicle just for that specific function in Skylanders 6 but if you happened to have some in your collection from the previous game then they would give you a small bonus.
Same for traps.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:20:40 24/03/2016 by Drek95
#21 Posted: 17:32:42 24/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Exactly, and having stupid gate that I don't have a toy for and can't get a toy for is the most infuriating thing to me!
#22 Posted: 19:39:34 24/03/2016
No, I wasn't answering to drek, I was answering to the OP, since he mentioned he wasn't sure about action\adventure being the best gane gente forma skylanders.

I agree with you that risks are necessary but that doesn't mean we have to get a NFL or fifa Skylanders, if u know what I mean.

Oops, sorry for the misunderstanding! smilie I totally get what you mean, Skylanders needs to take risks but cannot become something completely different! smilie
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#23 Posted: 00:39:28 25/03/2016
gameplay should be like SF & TT ( focus on platforming, exploration and hack & slash combat )

figures should be mostly new characters, and/or include reposes or re-releases of old gimmicklanders so we can have full functionality & worthwhile use of our collections. new Giants and Swappers of at least light & dark elements too, please ( as well as restock/re-release/reposes of Spotlight & Blackout )

new villain, like Malefor....give Kaos a break for a few games but keep him around as an NPC and playable villain

don't require a new portal PERIOD....I know Superchargers did this, but a good looking new portal would be good too as an option

option to unlock instants by scanning toys in every version, not just on 3DS. that could be part of a free to play entry though....

magic items, battle items, traps & vehicles have real functionality NOT the lame implementation in Superchargers

adventure packs....bring back adventure packs

levels tied to characters' stories....ex: saving Chill's queen, an adventure in Stealth Elf's homeland, a visit to Spyro & Cynder's world etc

Winged Sapphires, Soul Gems and NEW Hats in set locations. Legacy Hats can be randomized though, to help encourage replays

Think ahead to future games if there's a gimmick, so it can be fully utilized in more than the 1 game...
#24 Posted: 01:04:16 25/03/2016 | Topic Creator
No, I wasn't answering to drek, I was answering to the OP, since he mentioned he wasn't sure about action\adventure being the best game genre for skylanders.

I agree with you that risks are necessary but that doesn't mean we have to get a NFL or fifa Skylanders, if u know what I mean.

Oops, sorry for the misunderstanding! smilie I totally get what you mean, Skylanders needs to take risks but cannot become something completely different! smilie

I wasn't saying Skylanders SHOULD be a fighting game, just that it's a possibility but not one I want. What I mean is that having TTL figures that are needed to unlock things in game are not what I want in my action adventure games. Exploring/going for 100% completion is part of Action adventure games, and players shouldn't have to spend another $10 or more to get that essential aspect of the genre.

What I meant was that TTL is not good in action adventure IMO, at least not how it's being implemented in Skylanders, not that Skylanders shouldn't be action adventure/that Skylanders is a bad Action adventure game.

Does that make more sense?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:07:21 25/03/2016 by ClassicSpyroLUV
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#25 Posted: 02:41:17 28/03/2016
The Story should be darker...for people to shut up about Skylanders.
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#26 Posted: 03:43:50 28/03/2016
Darker? Shut up? I guess if the game was unbeatable and every attempt leads to death and skylanders become corrupted and can no longer be used in any game, that would be pretty dark and shut up skylanders.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#27 Posted: 05:00:49 28/03/2016
SSC had some darker moments for a kid's game, except they changed the tone of it too fast and didn't "own" the darkness of it. A romp through a yard with bugs when the Darkness is coming for you? smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:01:28 28/03/2016 by TakeYourLemons
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#28 Posted: 05:43:45 28/03/2016
One idea:

They go with Sky 6 a step back: prequel to SA with a young Eon that we must help to recruit different hero's for the Skylanders, so that the new characters would be much more part of the story (to recruit this hero you need a character of the ... element). And with challenges they could tell their storys.
#29 Posted: 07:13:18 28/03/2016
No, I wasn't answering to drek, I was answering to the OP, since he mentioned he wasn't sure about action\adventure being the best game genre for skylanders.

I wasn't saying Skylanders SHOULD be a fighting game, just that it's a possibility but not one I want. What I mean is that having TTL figures that are needed to unlock things in game are not what I want in my action adventure games. Exploring/going for 100% completion is part of Action adventure games, and players shouldn't have to spend another $10 or more to get that essential aspect of the genre.

What I meant was that TTL is not good in action adventure IMO, at least not how it's being implemented in Skylanders, not that Skylanders shouldn't be action adventure/that Skylanders is a bad Action adventure game.

Does that make more sense?

Excep in SC, I would say you can enjoy more than 75% of the game without buying the whole collection of Skylanders. For instance in TT, trap masters woulg give you acces to the elemental gates, but these were usually single rooms puzzle places that didn't feel essential at tall to the game (at least for me). Obviously it is important for completionists, but if you are not into that and only want to enjoy most of the game, you can easily do it with few skylanders. In fact, now that I think about it, I even plat TT with only one trap master and one trap.

Figure releases is one of the core of the TTL concept, and to be honest I like it. On one side, the content you miss if you don't buy 100% of the figures is not that important imo, neither in quantity or quality, and on the other hand you have the option of choosing / buying new playable characters from an appealing group of new designs. At the end, it's a choice, you decide how many you want as the game doesn't really force you to do so unless you are completionist and want to know what's behind every single door. It's good to be able to choose, I'm tired of seeing games which could have been greater if only the playable characters were more appealing. In skylanders you decide who you take control of, which is great imo.

As for the genre, I would have never put my eyes in Skylanders if it had been a fighting, racing,sport or party game. A fighting or party game would have felt very limited to me as you don't really get the sense of freedom, exporation and strategy that an action / asventure game grants you.

Quote: KeybasHedKey

I would love a darker approach, there are a lot of cartoon series and films which manage to pull off a darker approach without losing it's target audience. SSC made step forward in this sense, but it would great if we could see this tendency growing with each release.
---
#30 Posted: 16:19:45 28/03/2016 | Topic Creator
My issue with feeling 'forced' to buy more toys is that you shouldn't miss out on what's right in front of you because you didn't buy 8 new toys, you should only gain new content with each toy you buy.

I never cared about getting ALL the toys, just the ones to open all the gates, an while I've heard that about trap team before, I'm loath to buy another game I can't truly finish. I'm especially frustrate with Swap force since they have the movement gates too. I can pretty much anticipate what the elemental gates are like since those have been there since day one, but the movement gates unlock new mini games an gameplay, some of which I can never see without paying absurd prices.

I wouldn't like a whole different genre of game either, but I still maintain that TTL could be implemented far better in the Skylanders format than it already is. Don't get me wrong, I like the TTL idea too, it's really cool, it just needs to be use better here IMO.

As for Skylanders being darker, that all depends on how it's implemented. They need to find a good balance between the lightheartedness that characterizes Skylanders and a darker, more sinister tone. Maybe they could do this by making Kaos and by extension all his schemes an their parts more threatening. They begin with a big dramatic scene where Kaos begins his evil plot, and keep bringing that back in every time Kaos appears or sends in a boss for the Skylanders to fight. The foreboding tone would slowly grow with each new baddie, until it reaches its climax with Kaos himself. The final level leading to Kaos could be especially dark and ominous.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#31 Posted: 17:01:07 28/03/2016
Quote: KeybasHedKey

You said the same exact thing a few times before. Skylanders is not going to be T/M-rated like you want it to be, just so fans would stop complaining. They will still complain regardless.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:01:41 28/03/2016 by Aura24
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#32 Posted: 22:22:29 28/03/2016
^I'm not saying let's involve Death, but more darker moments SuperChargers didren't have enough. Just look at the kids movies of today dark moments done, if Skylanders wants to survive they need to take it in another direction.
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#33 Posted: 22:23:33 28/03/2016
I've been I thinking about this and came to what I think is an interesting idea. What if the starter pack was a hub with all the fixings and that was all. When you purchase a new skylanders it comes with some kind of game piece that allows you to travel to a story related to that skylander. Sort of a heroic quest that any character can play in. For older characters, just the game piece would be available for sale. We could travel to the places where many of the Skylanders got their start. The game could be called "Skylanders': Origins". By the way, only 1 new skylander for each element; no remakes, no series whatever, no variants, no elites; focus all that extra energy on the game/chapters. If the older character game pieces were released in a reasonable manner, the replay-ability would be tremendous and could go on for years.
The idea is not really all that fleshed out, but it could be fun.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
#34 Posted: 22:36:49 28/03/2016
Nice idea, Wally-Gang,but too much content. Unless it was chock-full of extra ingame DLC, there's no incentive to make so much content around a single figure and at the same time people would be foaming at the mouth at having to buy APs for characters they already have.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:37:10 28/03/2016 by Bifrost
#35 Posted: 00:18:54 29/03/2016
Well... You could make the Skylanders themselves unlock new levels so that long-time players would already have tons of things to do.

This would also motivate new customers to look for older characters.
It might be a bit too much with 126 unique Skylanders currently created but it would certainly be an interesting way to better know our heroes and make them the true star of the game.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#36 Posted: 03:28:33 29/03/2016 | Topic Creator
They could re release all the characters that have stories available, or reposes thereof, so that new players can access all the content, but still program it so that older versions of those same characters will unlock the content too. That way there's no inaccessible content an no having to repurchase characters.
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#37 Posted: 07:49:08 29/03/2016
The points you both make are why I suggest a separate game piece. Buy the ones you want and play it with any skylanders you want, but it is a specific story for a certain skylanders. 10 new characters with their game pieces for this game, then the past or "legacy" game pieces come out little by little over a much longer period of time. My only big concern is cost. Again, the legacy game pieces are sold individually, and as Bifrost mentioned are similar to adventure packs. Those sold for $25 but came with a skylander ($10) and a magic item ($5). The question is: would people pay $10-$12 for a chapter related to a single skylander? I would.
Theoretically, with all the legacy skylanders to choose from (126), Activision could be releasing the game pieces for this game with skylanders 12.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
iceblade2488 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1070
#38 Posted: 13:07:13 30/03/2016
The only thing I can say, and super chargers did this well, don't repose more figures than you introduce
---
Just a fool driven by nostolgia
#39 Posted: 19:05:35 30/03/2016
Quote: iceblade2488
The only thing I can say, and super chargers did this well, don't repose more figures than you introduce

Well... While I'm pretty sure Giants is still the worst in terms of new Skylanders VS reposed I don't think the 8 vs 10 (12 if the Skymiibos are included) of SuperChargers is that much better...

Anyway I agree.
I sincerely and personally want to see reposes gone for at least this upcoming entry.
If they have to make reposes because they apparently sell so incredibly well I hope they will focus on less overused characters.

Many Skylanders could definitely use a new power and would offer interesting figure opportunities (Dune Bug caught while flying, Pop Thorn deflated, Rider next to Fright instead of on him...).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#40 Posted: 20:44:15 30/03/2016
Really, the only Skylanders game that had more reposes than new characters was Giants, but to that game's defense that was the first sequel, so I think it's passable. I personally don't mind reposes, but even I'll admit I'm kind of tired of seeing the standard "Gill Grunts, Stealth Elves, and Eruptors". It really doesn't feel like these "fan favorites" are fan favorites at all, especially when I see more fans of other characters like Chill, Hex, or Sunburn. I think the only character that's gotten the repose treatment I would call a true fan favorite would be Pop Fizz, but even then he's starting to overstay his welcome.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#41 Posted: 20:45:16 30/03/2016
Don't you mean....

DEVELOPER "FAN FAVORITES"???
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#42 Posted: 06:31:47 31/03/2016
Agreed. I'd love to see them rotate the reposes around between sets of cores. Say, Sky6 reposes Sunburn, Fightrider, Ghostroaster, Scorp, and Riptide.

Then Sky7 could redo Dinorang, Wind-Up, CobraCadabra, and Countdown.

Keep the returning rosters light (Like 4-8) and alternate between characters until every core has a Series 2.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#43 Posted: 06:38:43 31/03/2016
They might not be everyone's favorites, but they remain flagship characters for the franchise due to their appearance in trailers, commercials and stuff.
---
bye
#44 Posted: 08:33:46 31/03/2016
Flagahips or not flagships, having all this Gill Grunt instead of the rest of the water guys is lazy. He's on all the merch already.
---
#45 Posted: 11:41:28 31/03/2016 | Topic Creator
They might not be everyone's favorites, but they remain flagship characters for the franchise due to their appearance in trailers, commercials and stuff.

So create more flagship characters. Put other characters in the trailers and give them really cool stories and move sets. Make them new fan favorites.
#46 Posted: 11:45:38 31/03/2016

So create more flagship characters. Put other characters in the trailers and give them really cool stories and move sets. Make them new fan favorites.

Who would you want them to be?

Hotdog plz!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#47 Posted: 11:53:01 31/03/2016
Hex please :U but if I wanted anyone for interaction, Flashwing's ego would be delightfully annoying and Bat Spin's chill would make for interesting situations.
We just need more skylanders on media period. It's one thing to have set artwork on merch, but with the TV show having the same guys as main is just boring - nobody's supposed to be better, even Spyro who's the emergency leader.
---
#48 Posted: 12:03:20 31/03/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Hex please :U but if I wanted anyone for interaction, Flashwing's ego would be delightfully annoying and Bat Spin's chill would make for interesting situations.
We just need more skylanders on media period. It's one thing to have set artwork on merch, but with the TV show having the same guys as main is just boring - nobody's supposed to be better, even Spyro who's the emergency leader.

I think it's best to have two flagships for each element. Here's what I think. I'd personally would rather only one dragon to have Spyro stand out more, so Black out and Spotlight will be replaced by the Dark and Light Skylanders in Sky 6.

Magic: Spyro and Pop Fizz
Life: Stealth Elf and Zoo Lou (Maybe Food Fight)
Tech: Trigger Happy and Countdown
Water: Gill Grunt and Riptide
Fire: Fryno and Hotdog (Or Torch and Hotdog)
Earth: Terrafin and Slobber Tooth
Undead: Hex and Roller Brawl (Or Ghost Roaster)
Air: Jet-Vac and either Sonic Boom, Warnado or Fling Kong.
Light: Spotlight (for now)
Dark: Blackout (for now)
---
#49 Posted: 12:26:25 31/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Magic: Spyro, Pop Fizz

Water: Chill, Zap

Tech:
Trigger Happy (he's good comic relief in the comics)
Spy Rise (LOVE his story, it needs to be explored)

Undead: Hex, Roller Brawl (they each have interesting back stories for fleshing out an building on and baggage that could make for rich stories)

Air: Sonic Boom (Another story that needs resolution, and emotional weight to deepen a story)
Jet Vac (his story is awesome too, and it affected him more deeply than I thought, as seen in the comics)
Whirlwind (her story could be built on in so many ways in how it could affect her character)
Blades (Another story that I'd love to see play out and which makes his character worth exploring)

Fire:
Wildfire (As with Whirlwind, his story is pretty cut an dried but I'd love to see how it affects his character)
Ignitor and Sunburn (I think their stories could intertwine; maybe Sunburn was the dragon Ignitor was hunting and Sunburn that accidentally turned him into a fire spirit. Maybe it was Hex that cursed his armour too, in her bygone days as a travelling magician.)

Earth:
Flashwing (Where did she come from?)
Terrafin (What was the explosion that turned the dirt sea to glass?)
Dino Rang

Life: ???

Light: Spotlight (explore her more; where did she come from?), Knight Light

Dark: Blackout (THE BEST backstory of all the Skylanders), Nightfall
#50 Posted: 12:51:55 31/03/2016
The witch that cursed Ignitor is implied to have done it on purpose since she pretty much was on the way to the dragon. And being Sunburn would be a nice twist, but he's a bit more orangey than red :I kinda comparing him to Flavius, who COULD very much be the guy because he's a complete idiot and possibly could've done something stupid to make Ignitor hunt him down.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me