Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Nintendo To Stop Wii U Production in 2016 - NOT PROVEN FALSE
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Nintendo To Stop Wii U Production in 2016 - NOT PROVEN FALSE [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#1 Posted: 19:40:42 23/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Whoever closed that last topic, thanks for jumping the gun and not doing some research and letting anyone voice their thoughts. But this is still worth discussing.

Nintendo didn't necessarily give us a full denial (merely saying they "aren't the source" for this information).

However, this isn't the first time Nintendo have tried to damage control or deny one of Nikkei's reports about them like this, only for Nikkei to be right.

For example:

Nikkei reported that Nintendo would make a larger model of the 3DS back in 2012, even reporting the exact dimensions.

http://andriasang.com/con1b0/nikkei_nintendo_e3/

Later on though, Nintendo denied that they would be putting out a larger model 3DS.

http://kotaku.com/5915695/here...n-and-incorrect

Then a month later, Nintendo officially unveiled the 3DS XL.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/201...-reveals-3ds-xl

While the dimensions were slightly off between the Nikkei report and the actual console, one cannot deny that they must have had legitimate info to be able to be that spot on with their report.

But that's not the only time.

http://kotaku.com/5898990/so-w...anese-newspaper

Nikkei reported that Nintendo would release the 3DS in South Korea on April 28th, 2012.

Nintendo aggressively refuted, claiming that Nikkei was speculating and that they had no plans to do so.

But then Nintendo's South Korean branch announced not long after, that the 3DS would release there on April 28th, 2012.

There are more examples but you get the point.

Nikkei aren't perfect, but they're a reliable source, and have had more than one situation in the past where Nintendo accused them of spreading hoaxes, only for Nintendo to do exactly what Nikkei said they would do not long after Nintendo refuting them.

As such, you cannot take Nintendo refuting Nikkei's most recent report as a "deconfirmation", because it's not enough given the track record of Nikkei's reports and how Nintendo reacts to them.

It's also worth noting that, ending production of the Wii U as early as Nikkei claims, is something Nintendo would NEVER admit to, that means they would have to admit that the system was a failure. It's something they would more than likely do discreetly, by slowing down production of the console over time (which they seem to already be doing, as Japan has had a shortage of Wii U units and Nintendo hasn't been resupplying the stock - and the Wii U sells less than the Vita in Japan, so it's hardly selling like hotcakes or something).

So this whole thing is still worth discussing. Don't immediately discredit reports just because Nintendo denies them. Of course they would deny anything not said by them. That should be common sense.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:42:35 23/03/2016 by sonicbrawler182
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#2 Posted: 19:42:46 23/03/2016
Maybe Nintendo are just trying to keep this quiet.
#3 Posted: 19:44:05 23/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: yelvy
Maybe Nintendo are just trying to keep this quiet.

Of course, but consumers have a right to know the situation with the system.

If Nintendo aren't going to say it, other people will have to.
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#4 Posted: 19:44:33 23/03/2016
The end of 2016, calling it. NX releases and the Wii U ends production. But they will release some small games on Wii U in 2017 and early 2018. Then it dies. No more games. I wish this wouldn't happen but hey, it's likely
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:50:39 23/03/2016 by skylandersspyro
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#5 Posted: 21:51:38 23/03/2016
Yeah, closing it no argument was a bit reckless. Even a rumor can be good discussion, and it was. But opening another one, not too sure if it's needed.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:58:18 23/03/2016 by Bifrost
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#6 Posted: 23:53:02 23/03/2016
lol somebody close this topic, it sucks
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#7 Posted: 15:01:47 24/03/2016
EXCEPT for the fact you ignore that Nintendo ALSO said:

“From the next quarter and thereafter as well, production [of the Wii U] is scheduled to continue.”

herp.

Still false.
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#8 Posted: 17:34:41 24/03/2016
Quote: OnionCakes

“From the next quarter and thereafter as well, production [of the Wii U] is scheduled to continue.”

herp.

Still false.

An actual source would be nice.
#9 Posted: 18:45:47 24/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: OnionCakes

herp.

Still false.

That doesn't make a difference.

They've lied before, as I have just demonstrated in the OP.

I'll believe that Wii U production will continue when I see it continuing, but all signs point otherwise at the moment.
---
Cynder Lover25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2332
#10 Posted: 23:06:56 24/03/2016
As long as I can use my Marth amiibo I'm fine
---
Been here since 2012...still a gold sparx
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#11 Posted: 01:36:21 28/03/2016
Nintendo also keeps 12 year old girls locked in their basement. Not Proven False. Someone start that topic.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:11:54 28/03/2016 by UncleBob
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#12 Posted: 02:16:13 28/03/2016
Quote: UncleBob
Nintendo also keeps 12 year old girls locked in their basement. Not Proven False. Someone start that topic.

Unclebob steps on puppies. Not proven false.

What's your point?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#13 Posted: 03:15:04 28/03/2016

[User Posted Image]

#14 Posted: 11:22:09 28/03/2016
Oh boy JCW555 removed that from your post but the quotes make sure it'll never leave my memory. Destroyed all the respect I had left for you in seconds.

I guess there'e nothing else to discuss. True, false, we won't know for now for sure.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:30:28 28/03/2016 by Bifrost
#15 Posted: 13:10:57 28/03/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Oh boy JCW555 removed that from your post but the quotes make sure it'll never leave my memory. Destroyed all the respect I had left for you in seconds.

I wil cry myself to sleep tonight, that's for sure.

Quote:
I guess there'e nothing else to discuss. True, false, we won't know for now for sure.

Agreed. I'm not sure what OP hopes to accomplish in this thread. To secret source made a claim, Nintendo issued a statement denying the claim, badda-bing, badda-boom. The only ones who know for sure aren't likely to say much further on it. "Not yet proven false" is a pretty lame statement. I mean, one could make the same claim of Sony on the PS4 or Microsoft on the XBox One and no one could prove the statement false.

The absence of evidence and all that.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#16 Posted: 13:43:32 28/03/2016
To secret source made a claim, Nintendo issued a statement denying the claim, badda-bing, badda-boom.

I don't know whether I believe the Wii U is really ending production this year, but Nintendo didn't outright deny the rumor. They just said "we aren't the source of it".

That could be their way of saying "well we didn't say it...".
#17 Posted: 13:44:37 28/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost

I wil cry myself to sleep tonight, that's for sure.

Quote:

Agreed. I'm not sure what OP hopes to accomplish in this thread. To secret source made a claim, Nintendo issued a statement denying the claim, badda-bing, badda-boom. The only ones who know for sure aren't likely to say much further on it. "Not yet proven false" is a pretty lame statement. I mean, one could make the same claim of Sony on the PS4 or Microsoft on the XBox One and no one could prove the statement false.

The absence of evidence and all that.

Mods closed the old topic on a whim without doing any research on it, just because "Nintendo said it's false".

I gave numerous instances where Nintendo has done the same thing to the same news site, aggressively denying their claims, only to do exactly what the reporter said they would do.

It's also worth considering that Nintendo has a had a massive amount of leaks in the last month. And that severe Wii U shortages in Japan have actually been happening.

To say there is no evidence towards the idea that Nintendo is going to halt Wii U production within the year, is blind. Make all of the edgy pedophilia comparisons you want, but Nintendo have to prove their own statement with evidence just as much as anyone else, and they haven't provided one bit. Only evidence in favour of the reports.
---
#18 Posted: 14:11:26 28/03/2016
Oh, I wouldn't worry, the day someone disgusts me as much as that one user is quite sad.And all the weeks after that.

Sonicbrawler, that you showed proof is alright,I mean there's no more to talk about.We already went 'bah, gotta sell my WiiU' or 'yay,NX' in the last one. In here we just kind of shrug it's true or not and leave it at that, not much to say because it's up in the air.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:16:34 28/03/2016 by Bifrost
#19 Posted: 14:20:42 28/03/2016
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Mods closed the old topic on a whim without doing any research on it, just because "Nintendo said it's false".

Yeah... mods...

Quote:
Make all of the edgy pedophilia comparisons you want

What? I don't know what goes on in your mind. I'm talking about Nintendo's secret basement full of 12 year old girls that they use for Quality Assurance and product testing/feedback. It's a well known possibility and has yet to be disproven.

Quote:
but Nintendo have to prove [...]

No, they don't. Funny how that works, eh?
#20 Posted: 14:40:54 28/03/2016 | Topic Creator
To be honest, I kinda was hoping to see or maybe start a discussion on how this makes people feel about Nintendo or how it is indicative of their current state. But I suppose that I should know better than to expect that around here, since a lot of users don't really follow the business side of gaming or don't really care about the direction or state of a company, as long as the company is still pumping out SOMETHING for specific franchises (I mean, at this point, all Nintendo needs to do is release Pokémon stuff and the odd half baked Mario spin-off and some amiibo figures, and they can just coast that way).

I will say though, that while I do feel like I got my money's worth with the Wii U, and that I think even people who only recently bought the system still have a good backlog to go through if they want (and can probably get some of those games a bit cheaper now), I am still skeptical and a bit cynical about Nintendo right now. I think this is mainly because, unlike the Wii, the Wii U seems to be lacking any real "swan song" game. That WOULD be Zelda Wii U, but that's like, 99% confirmed to be releasing on NX too. Everything else they have lined up for Wii U, is totally lackluster. Pokkén Tournament, Star Fox, Twilight Princess HD, and Paper Mario, SHOULD all be things that could make for a phenomenal final line-up of exclusives...

...but each of them have a problem that severely holds them back.

Pokkén Tournament is a solid fighting game mechanically, but it's bare bones in terms of features. Unless you intend to compete in EVO, or are a Pokémon DIEHARD, the game is not worth full price, and I already somewhat regret purchasing it so early. The single-player is barren and is essentially just grinding wins to get through an ultimately bland story, and the local multiplayer just doesn't work well unless you have someone to play LAN with. That literally just leaves you with fighting randoms or friends online.

TPHD is a remaster of what is definitely an incredible experience for many. However, it really doesn't add any substantial improvements or additions to the game that might turn over someone who doesn't like it, unlike Wind Waker HD. I still totally recommend it if you haven't played the original or never finished the original, but the combined install base of the Gamecube and the Wii, means SO MANY people have already played the original.

Star Fox: Zero is a new console Star Fox experience, and many people have been wanting one for a long time. However, the more and more comes out about the game, the more it seems like it will just be a drop in the bucket for many. The game doesn't look bad, but it's lacking. The story is just gonna be the same as Star Fox 64 with some extra elements (which do definitely sound interesting), and the gameplay doesn't add much to the existing Star Fox formula. It doesn't seem like it will have much more content than previous games either, and a lot of it is revisiting the same planets from Star Fox 64. This is especially jarring since the last installment in the Star Fox franchise, was a LITERAL REMAKE of Star Fox 64.

And the less I say on Paper Mario: Colour Splash, the better. Point is, nobody asked for a game like that. This video says it best, and sort of illustrates what I feel is Nintendo's biggest problem right now.

So yeah, the Wii U has a line-up of titles, and they sound amazing at first glance. But they all seem very lacking in key areas once you break it down.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:44:10 28/03/2016 by sonicbrawler182
#21 Posted: 15:00:37 28/03/2016
Well, that's this year's lineup. VC and older titles(say, around smash4's time) are still a good bet if you started out late since you can get them for cheap. But boy do I wish I bought it sooner to have enjoyed the multiplayer.
---
#22 Posted: 15:01:03 28/03/2016
To be honest, I kinda was hoping to see or maybe start a discussion on how this makes people feel about Nintendo or how it is indicative of their current state. But I suppose that I should know better than to expect that around here, since a lot of users don't really follow the business side of gaming or don't really care about the direction or state of a company, as long as the company is still pumping out SOMETHING for specific franchises (I mean, at this point, all Nintendo needs to do is release Pokémon stuff and the odd half baked Mario spin-off and some amiibo figures, and they can just coast that way).

I can't speak for anyone else on here, but I have to say, I've followed the business side of gaming for many, many years (and have read quite a bit from before I was old enough to care about the business side of things). When it comes to Nintendo - they make great first-party titles. Are they perfect? Not at all (Link's Awakening aside. That game *is* the definition of perfect). Nintendo built the NES empire on first party titles (yes, it's well known for third-party games, but those came after). Nintendo virtually supported the entire N64 on first party titles. Same thing with the GameCube. For all practical purposes, the Wii, one of the most successful systems ever, was virtually carried on the back of First Party titles. The Wii U, for all its flaws, was a first-party powerhouse (Seriously, Mario Maker...) Game Boy sold bucketloads off of Tetris and Pokemon alone. And the DS... although third party titles were a big part of that system's success, it was First Party software that launched it into a must-own system for third parties to even look at developing for it.

Nintendo isn't going anywhere. They've been in business for well over 100 years.

And, frankly, I don't care what they do - as long as they continue to make some great games for me to play. I have a decent-sized library of WiiU games and I'm not disappointed with the system at *all*. And I waited to get mine at Midnight. If Nintendo stopped supporting the Wii U *TODAY*, it wouldn't change the fun I've had with it.

Quote:
And the less I say on Paper Mario: Colour Splash, the better. Point is, nobody asked for a game like that.

The 12 year old girls in Nintendo's secret basement did. :p
Seriously, how else do you explain Style Savvy? And the sequels?
#23 Posted: 15:39:36 28/03/2016 | Topic Creator
^Just because you are satisfied with the Wii U, doesn't mean others are, though (the sales say that much). It's not an objective thing. People are allowed to not be satisfied.

I also never asserted that they are "going anywhere". Just that I feel they are losing their luster.

The Wii U should have amazing first party titles and exclusives, and there is a good number of them, but the problem is that a lot of them drop the ball in one key area that nearly makes them fall apart, usually missing the point of what people want from that game.

Super Mario Maker should be the perfect exclusive, but it's problem is the poor infrastructure. And the deletion of levels based on ratings. Because of this, the server has become saturated with the same "play themselves" levels and "Kaizo" levels, and it has turned a lot of people off the game very quickly, even creative people (since their levels get deleted). For many people, this isn't worth the money right now. If you want to make stuff and put them online, you're likely gonna get minimal feedback and your level deleted. If you just want to play other people's levels, hoping they will be of good quality, you'll have a hard time finding levels that are of good quality.

You may be entirely satisfied with that game and others, but a lot of people aren't.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#24 Posted: 15:43:07 28/03/2016

Quote:
And the less I say on Paper Mario: Colour Splash, the better. Point is, nobody asked for a game like that.

The 12 year old girls in Nintendo's secret basement did. smilie
Seriously, how else do you explain Style Savvy? And the sequels?

And i guess they just let the 12 year old girls translate Fates, that's why the translation is so bad
#25 Posted: 16:00:34 28/03/2016
^Just because you are satisfied with the Wii U, doesn't mean others are, though (the sales say that much). It's not an objective thing. People are allowed to not be satisfied.

Sure they are. People are a large, and diverse group of people (heh) with vastly different life experiences, memories, and expectations - so trying to lump everyone together as a hive mind is simply setting yourself up for failure.

With that said, my opinion on Nintendo doesn't change because of how other people feel about them. That would be stupid. I'm an adult and an individual and am perfectly capable of forming my own opinions without worrying about what other people think.

I'm not trying to convince anyone that they're wrong about not being happy with their purchase. If someone asks me, I'll tell them my opinion and steer them towards games that I enjoyed. But I won't tell people that their opinion is wrong (although if they back up their opinion with reasons that aren't based in fact, I'll happily correct them...).

As for Nintendo "losing their luster" - again, doesn't matter to me. They're still making amazing games and I'm still enjoying them, so props to Nintendo.

Anyone unhappy with Nintendo, I encourage you to buy a PS4 or an XBox One. Games are supposed to be *fun*. If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong. Try something else. But hurry. I hear both of those systems are going out of production this year and that hasn't been proven false yet.
#26 Posted: 16:16:23 28/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote:
Sure they are. People are a large, and diverse group of people (heh) with vastly different life experiences, memories, and expectations - so trying to lump everyone together as a hive mind is simply setting yourself up for failure.

...At what point did I lump anyone together? I was simply making light of the fact that many consumers are dissatisfied with the console and it's games right now. That's not even debatable. The sales of the system and it's games, and the either lukewarm or even outraged reaction to certain game announcements, makes it clear that Nintendo currently is not in a healthy relationship with it's consumers (and yes, company/consumer relations are incredibly important). Yes, the occasionally hit the mark - but it shouldn't be that way. They should be hitting the mark the majority of the time.

The crux of your argument was that "I'm satisfied and I'm having fun", but the fact is, not everyone is, and your purchases alone aren't what drives the company. So you shouldn't use "I'm personally satisfied" as a point to say "Nintendo is fine".

Quote:
As for Nintendo "losing their luster" - again, doesn't matter to me. They're still making amazing games and I'm still enjoying them, so props to Nintendo.

Once again, your personal feelings are irrelevant to the bigger picture. Nintendo have a clear problem right now, and it's their tone deafness to what people want, in most cases. Also, their Wii U titles, especially installments in beloved franchises, have a recurring trend of lacking content past games have, giving people less of a reason to buy them or keep them for an extended period of time. Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash is a perfect example.
---
#27 Posted: 16:41:30 28/03/2016
...At what point did I lump anyone together? [...] many consumers are dissatisfied with the console and it's games right now. [...] not everyone is [...] what people want [...]

Once again, your personal feelings are irrelevant to the bigger picture.

So, back when you said you wanted to have a discussion about how people feel about Nintendo, in reality, you just wanted to hear opinions that confirm your current thoughts on the company and anyone else's opinions that don't do that are irrelevant. You never wanted a discussion, you just wanted a "Hey, Nintendo is teh d00med!" thread.

Kid, Nintendo has been teh d00med since '95. They've been teh d00med long enough they're old enough to legally drink in the US. I'm not worried about the future of Nintendo and an internet rumor "not yet proven false" sure isn't going to change my mind.
#28 Posted: 16:57:01 28/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Oh yeah I forgot, I'm speaking with dS's resident word twister.

Why was I trying to have a sensible discussion with him, I will never know.
---
#29 Posted: 17:05:20 28/03/2016
"I don't like how you're trying to apply what I said to what I'm saying now, therefore you are twisting my words."
#30 Posted: 17:06:36 28/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Yeah, you were trying, and failing, ultimately going back to that bad habit of nonsensical word twisting you often devolve to.
---
#31 Posted: 17:24:19 28/03/2016
And this is why your claim of wanting to "start a discussion" is disingenuous at best. You wanted people to agree with you, opinions that don't are irrelevant and Those who have a different opinion are just twisting your words.

I can only assume I'm being Punk'd at this point.
#32 Posted: 18:10:36 28/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Since you can't seem to see the problem, I will spell it out for you.

You literally said:

Quote:
And, frankly, I don't care what they do - as long as they continue to make some great games for me to play. I have a decent-sized library of WiiU games and I'm not disappointed with the system at *all*. And I waited to get mine at Midnight. If Nintendo stopped supporting the Wii U *TODAY*, it wouldn't change the fun I've had with it

Like I said earlier, this is basically saying "Nintendo is doing fine because I, one person, am fine with their current path and don't care what they do as long as me, myself, and I are having fun and are happy".

I'm enjoying my Wii U for the most part too (I said earlier that I mostly feel like I got my money's worth, bet you didn't catch that). I'm playing Paper Mario's VC release on it right now, as I type this.

That doesn't mean my personal enjoyment has anything to do with the clear problems Nintendo have right now, such as the tone deafness and the increasingly worsening relationship they have with their consumers, that has caused the sales and outlook on the Wii U, and it's games, and of the company itself, to suffer. That's not something you can have an opinion on. Nobody ever said they are doomed, but to say they don't have a lot of unusual problems right now, that is alienating their core fanbase (which is bad, as right now, they don't have the huge casual market like they did on the Wii) is just being ignorant.

When I said "I wanted to have a discussion on their current state", I meant accounting for how they are doing as a whole, and how people feel about the obvious problems they are facing. Not people's personal opinions on the Wii U as a system. Your personal opinion, my personal opinion, and anybody's personal opinion, on the Wii U as a system, is irrelevant to that.

Your personal opinion doesn't even account for their current state and is simply being ignorant of it because you are having some fun with the Wii U, with you then pretending anyone who acknowledges their issues is saying "Nintendo is teh d00med". The logic there is literally equivalent to "nobody in the world is in poverty, because I'm filthy rich, so obviously there is no problem here. Anyone who thinks there is poverty in the world is obviously out of their mind".
---
#33 Posted: 18:38:12 28/03/2016
Like I said earlier, this is basically saying "Nintendo is doing fine because I, one person, am fine with their current path and don't care what they do as long as me, myself, and I are having fun and are happy".

Oh, boo-hoo! Now you're twisting my words! How dare you!

Seriously, though... You want to talk about "how Nintendo is doing as a whole." Sure.

What's the best selling, week-after-week handheld gaming system?
What system's games generally DOMINATE the software sales charts?
What company released their first cell phone app and blew away download expectations (and that's just in one small market)?

Let me ask you this - without Googling - are you familar with Nintendo's War Chest? Best guess estimate, how much do you think is in it? Hint: It's more than the total net worth of many countries.

Again, Nintendo has been around for over 100 years. It isn't luck. It's because the culture of the company is to adapt and change as needed. They won't always hit every ball out of the park. Hell, their first arcade games were complete and total flops here in the states.. Donkey Kong was developed as a last-ditch effort to save Nintendo of America due to the horrible reception of their previous Arcade unit (again, without Googling, who can name this game?)

I wonder if I can still find a photo...

Found what I was looking for.
http://nintendoage.com/forum/m...threadid=148124
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:43:38 28/03/2016 by UncleBob
#34 Posted: 19:03:28 28/03/2016 | Topic Creator
There you go again.

At what point was I talking about their finances?

It's like you get off on telling people things they already know that are completely unrelated to what they are talking about, because you are completely unable to directly contribute to a ongoing discussions. And once again, twisting words.

I know about the "War Chest" and how they have enough money there to keep them going for 50 years even if they halt all production, their 3DS sales, and Miitomo. That has nothing to do with what I was talking about though.

If you've been reading my posts, I kept mentioning "company/consumer relations" and their "tone deafness", which are the two main things I was talking about. Those are two problems Nintendo has right now, and my initial comment was just pointing out how people are probably upset by the move from the Wii U to the NX, because the Wii U lacks a strong closing line-up for it's final year, unlike the Wii. The reason it lacks a strong closing line-up is because of the two aforementioned issues, with Nintendo consistently missing the point of what consumers want these days.

There is literally no arguing with you because you are as tone deaf as Nintendo is right now. Guess it's no coincidence you're such a drone.
---
#35 Posted: 19:15:01 28/03/2016
Hey, are you wanting to have a discussion, or are you wanting to resort to name calling and personal attacks? Willing to go whichever way you want.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#36 Posted: 20:43:01 29/03/2016
Hey, are you wanting to have a discussion, or are you wanting to resort to name calling and personal attacks? Willing to go whichever way you want.

In the interest of fairness this post...

...takes away a lot of credit from the claim that you're trying to have an average discussion and not resort to drastic claims or name calling to make a point.

Name calling isn't cool but neither is making such a wildly asinine claim just for the sake of trying to present some argument when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
#37 Posted: 22:19:59 29/03/2016
Can you point out an example of where I resorted to namecalling here? Because I can point out where OP has. And, of course, no one bothers to call out OP for such behavior - including a certian mod that cowardly chooses to edit my post.

Additionally, to say it has nothing to do with the topic at hand isn't really a fair assessment. OP made the decision to restart this topic, after it was closed by a mod, with the claim "NOT PROVEN FALSE" directly in the topic. This claim of "NOT PROVEN FALSE" is the basis for OP recreating this thread. Therefore, a challenge of the entire concept of "NOT PROVEN FALSE" is fair game by any standards. Sure, Nintendo's secret basement of 12 year old female game testers might be a reach, but, essentially, is the exact same thing OP is stating - Unless someone can prove without a doubt that the statement is false, OP says it's worth discussing. That is a completely ridiculous point of view (imho, of course), thus I challenged it by giving an example of how ridiculous it is.
#38 Posted: 00:44:31 30/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote:
Can you point out an example of where I resorted to namecalling here? Because I can point out where OP has. And, of course, no one bothers to call out OP for such behavior - including a certian mod that cowardly chooses to edit my post.

Here:

"Kid, Nintendo has been teh d00med since '95."

Also:

"including a certian mod that cowardly chooses to edit my post."

And on the contrary, I didn't name call. There is a difference between name calling and stating facts.

Like so:

Quote:
This claim of "NOT PROVEN FALSE" is the basis for OP recreating this thread. Therefore, a challenge of the entire concept of "NOT PROVEN FALSE" is fair game by any standards. Sure, Nintendo's secret basement of 12 year old female game testers might be a reach, but, essentially, is the exact same thing OP is stating - Unless someone can prove without a doubt that the statement is false, OP says it's worth discussing. That is a completely ridiculous point of view (imho, of course), thus I challenged it by giving an example of how ridiculous it is.

So remember how I was saying you were tone deaf?

Not an insult. It's an absolute fact. If you wanted to challenge the "ridiculous notion" that this topic was still worth discussing, that's fair enough (granted, the idea of trying to shut down discussion just because you personally are not interested in said discussion is a selfish one, but that's another can of worms). However, you opened with an..abstract comparison, to say the least, that was made with clear attempt at being offensive (your post was chauvinistic and treated the idea of child labour as something funny and trivial - please do not try to argue your way around that, or reach to say that's not offensive, or you'll just prove my point even further than it already has been). If you weren't tone deaf, you would have at least had the pre-emptive to second guess that statement and make a better comparison to try and argue your point.
---
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#39 Posted: 01:14:47 30/03/2016
[User Posted Image]
-----
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#40 Posted: 01:26:58 30/03/2016
Here:

"Kid, Nintendo has been teh d00med since '95."

I apologize. I did not mean 'kid' as an insult. But you are correct, that is a type of name calling., depending on your age (which isn't relevant anyway.)

Quote:
Also:

"including a certian mod that cowardly chooses to edit my post."

I have to completely disagree on this one. Cowardly is an adverb, as an adverb, it is describing the verb (or action) being taken - in this case, the editing of the post. If I were calling an individual a name, I would have stated that the individual was a coward (which describes the noun, not the verb). I usually choose my words with purpose and reason.

Quote:
And on the contrary, I didn't name call. There is a difference between name calling and stating facts.

Guess it's no coincidence you're such a drone.

Quote:
Not an insult. It's an absolute fact. If you wanted to challenge the "ridiculous notion" that this topic was still worth discussing,

Twisting my words again, I see.
I'm challenging your statement that it's still worth discusing because it's "NOT PROVEN FALSE". Not the subject itself, but the reasoning for your subject.

Take the 12 year olds. I'm sure we could all agree that this would be worth discussing if it was a thing. Now, it hasn't been proven false, has it? Does that make it worth discussing? No. Because ou need reliable sources and hard evidence. Neither of which exists here. And "NOT PROVEN FALSE" is not evidence.

Quote:
the idea of trying to shut down discussion just because you personally are not interested in said discussion is a selfish one, but that's another can of worms).

Again, twisting my words. You're free to talk about whatever you want. I won't stop you. But I'm also free to chime in with my opinion, n'est ce-pas? Even if it's irrelevant.

Quote:
your post was chauvinistic and treated the idea of child labour as something funny and trivial - please do not try to argue your way around that, or reach to say that's not offensive,

Can I comb through your post history and point out things you've said that I find "offensive"? This could be fun.

Quote:
or you'll just prove my point even further than it already has been

You have a point? Can you let us know when you get to it?
#41 Posted: 01:42:30 30/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote:
I have to completely disagree on this one. Cowardly is an adverb, as an adverb, it is describing the verb (or action) being taken - in this case, the editing of the post. If I were calling an individual a name, I would have stated that the individual was a coward (which describes the noun, not the verb). I usually choose my words with purpose and reason.

"Carefully" split hairs all you like, but calling someone a "coward" and "cowardly", literally mean the exact same thing.

And once again, calling you a drone was not an insult, as that was the exact way in which you were projecting yourself - not letting anyone have any criticism of Nintendo.

Quote:
Twisting my words again, I see.
I'm challenging your statement that it's still worth discusing because it's "NOT PROVEN FALSE". Not the subject itself, but the reasoning for your subject.

Either you're twisting my words again to an obsessive degree, or you are entirely tone deaf again and entirely made up something in your head regarding what that title meant, instead of inquiring.

Since you are so hung up on those three words in the topic title and nothing else:

I'm not discussing this on the grounds that it's not proven false. But the previous topic on the subject was closed, and had "FALSE" edited into the title. As if to say "you can't discuss anything related to this because it's false". That's disagreeable in and of itself, but the fact is it HASN'T been proven false and there has been some fairly strong evidence in support of the original report, meaning the moderator's reasoning for closing the last thread was completely unwarranted. So I put "NOT PROVEN FALSE" into the title of this one to make it clear, from the get go, that the reasoning for closing the last topic was not warranted.

The evidence supporting Nikkei's report, is in the OP itself. Not the topic title. The fact I actually have to explain this is ludicrous. Again, tone deaf and being a drone.

Quote:
Again, twisting my words. You're free to talk about whatever you want. I won't stop you. But I'm also free to chime in with my opinion, n'est ce-pas? Even if it's irrelevant.

There is a difference between chiming in with an opinion and making a demand for all discussion on a subject to stop. Again with the tone deafness.

Quote:
Can I comb through your post history and point out things you've said that I find "offensive"? This could be fun.

If you're obsessive love for me goes that far, then be my guest.

Quote:
You have a point? Can you let us know when you get to it?

Oh it's been got to. It just seems some people are a little...slow.
---
#42 Posted: 02:19:27 30/03/2016
Quote:
you are entirely tone deaf again [...] tone deaf and being a drone.[...]Again with the tone deafness.[...]some people are a little...slow.

So... to be clear, you're going for the name calling and personal attack approach, correct?

"Carefully" split hairs all you like, but calling someone a "coward" and "cowardly", literally mean the exact same thing.

No, they literally do not mean the exact same thing. I mean, I guess I'm expecting too much from someone who doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're"...

Someone can make a decision or take an action without that decision or action defining who they are as a person. This is where your age (20?) does come into play - when you're older, you might understand this better. For example, someone may stupidly type "you're" in a sentence that calls for the usage of "your". This is stupid. This doesn't make the person who made the mistake stupid. Do you understand the difference?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:32:30 30/03/2016 by UncleBob
#43 Posted: 02:33:28 30/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote:
No, they literally do not mean the exact same thing.

In the context you used the word, it does. Because you are trying to claim someone is cowardly where no cowardice is being displayed, and in a situation where cowardice could not possibly even be relevant (i.e forum posting). Blinded accusations like that are a form of insult.

Quote:
who doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're"...

The moment you stoop your post into trying to be condescending over a simple typo and nothing else, is the moment you have admitted you have nothing of actual relevance left and are just childishly looking for something to feel better over.

Thanks for the mild amusement, but I think I've had my fill, NephewBob. You may have the last word that you crave.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:34:40 30/03/2016 by sonicbrawler182
#44 Posted: 02:37:22 30/03/2016
Quote:
No, they literally do not mean the exact same thing.

In the context you used the word, it does. Because you are trying to claim someone is cowardly where no cowardice is being displayed, and in a situation where cowardice could not possibly even be relevant (i.e forum posting). Blinded accusations like that are a form of insult.

No, it does not. No matter how many times you stomp your feet and pout about it. But you should play your strengths.
#45 Posted: 03:14:57 30/03/2016
Oh, man... Now you've gone and done it! You made a joke about the exploitation of babies in illegal underground fight clubs! You're like, worse than Hitler or something. Literally (because the world "literally" no longer means anything.)
GarbageMemes101 Ripto Gems: 670
#46 Posted: 04:10:34 30/03/2016
[User Posted Image]

Yeah, this could have been an interesting thread. I'm out.
#47 Posted: 06:51:06 30/03/2016
Oh, and for funzies...

Your comment came out of nowhere because you were trying to shoehorn your anti-Nintendo bias where it wasn't warranted, and tried to claim we don't blame Nintendo when we do.

And once again, calling you a drone was not an insult, as that was the exact way in which you were projecting yourself - not letting anyone have any criticism of Nintendo.

One day, I have an anti-Nintendo bias (which is flat ridiculous for anyone who knows me).
The next, I'm a tone deaf Nintendo drone (a Nintendrone, if you will).
GarbageMemes101 Ripto Gems: 670
#48 Posted: 07:43:00 30/03/2016
^this

SonicBrawler182 just got #Rekt hard
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me