Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
A new TTL challenger approaches! [CLOSED]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 14:45:15 23/03/2016 | Topic Creator
http://www.infinite-arms.com/index.html
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:29:59 23/03/2016 by Matteomax
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#2 Posted: 15:02:55 23/03/2016
What is it? The only page I get on the link is 404 not found.
---
Dead
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#3 Posted: 15:29:30 23/03/2016
http://venturebeat.com/2016/03...oy-game-hybrid/
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#4 Posted: 15:32:28 23/03/2016
Looks like the creator is basically calling out Skylanders for not having any articulated figures.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#5 Posted: 15:37:04 23/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Matteomax
Looks like the creator is basically calling out Skylanders for not having any articulated figures.

screw it, i signed up for a beta
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#6 Posted: 16:10:57 23/03/2016
Hey, didn't I see attachable and detachable parts of these new figures?

I think I predicted the future when I explained my TTL concept in Video Gaming smilie
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#7 Posted: 17:10:41 23/03/2016
Constant release of products over "seasons" means this new TTl franchise is already making better choices than the Skylanders brand. I just don't see Skylanders surviving all of the good choices the competition is making. It's either change or get wrecked.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#8 Posted: 17:19:05 23/03/2016
Seasons are totes not Waves and episodes aren't just a way of rushing development like Telltale does sometimes, then. Reality warps to make one be worse.

Sorry, this is just a generic robot game, kids will tear these things apart and lose pieces, and the story reminds me of a dozen recent games. VV's characters designers will probably drool at this but I'm not one for chrome shiny robots over and over, no other species/types of automatons. Very niche, probably will do good on its own but hardly a threat to the other TTL. Could see this stomping Kamen Rider Summonride and that TTL with the keychains, though.
I might've seen some sketches on tumblr since someone kept tagging these as skylanders, if so, portal is also Swap Force's but robotic. Dunno, didn't interest me then, won't now.
edit: nope, some thing called Titanbots. Guess robot TTL is in this year.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 23:17:24 23/03/2016 by Bifrost
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#9 Posted: 17:28:37 23/03/2016
Quote: GameMaster78
Constant release of products over "seasons" means this new TTl franchise is already making better choices than the Skylanders brand. I just don't see Skylanders surviving all of the good choices the competition is making. It's either change or get wrecked.

Gamemaster just stop whining in every Superchargers topic.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#10 Posted: 17:39:25 23/03/2016
I'm not into robots.

Not a big fan of mobile games either.

Conclusión:won't buy these figures.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#11 Posted: 17:43:40 23/03/2016
Sorry, but just like I don't tell others how to think, no one gets to tell me how to feel or think in my opinions. Just gotta grit your teeth and bear it, or pass up my posts. If I want to call out the flaws of one brand in the midst of the other brands making good choices, which benefit the customers of TTL products, that's my right.

As for things being torn apart, I've seen many a Skylanders figure used, missing paint on their eyes, because they were in the care of kids. Skylanders aren't some magical figure that are void of abuse, and at least with this new game, constant releases every month (instead of dragging out releases for a game that's beatable the first week of release), will mean a lot to those who actually take care of their TTL products.
---
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#12 Posted: 17:45:52 23/03/2016
^ Skylanders was made for kids, but not kids young enough to ruin the figures like that! smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:46:20 23/03/2016 by yelvy
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#13 Posted: 17:58:24 23/03/2016
What the heck is that? Certainly not buying that, this is like the exact opposite of Skylanders. I know it's not supposed to be anything Skylanders-related but it's not something I would be interested in. Everyone of my mobile games ended the same way; not being able to continue with game because of ridiculous requierements which lead to it being forgotten and deleted. And this looks like some strange mashup of Angry Birds Transformers and Temple Run.
BOOMCAKE Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#14 Posted: 18:07:06 23/03/2016
Interest? yes! Gaming Platform? Mobile Devices, forget get it. I wait until they release this kind of game on more stable platforms.
#15 Posted: 18:12:10 23/03/2016
Kids pulling arms off of SE ruins the figure, not her chip. Losing a rare gun or part from your robot? You lost that forever.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#16 Posted: 18:42:09 23/03/2016
Interesting. The figures looks really good, but you know... Mobile game. Not my style. I didn't see much details about the game itself, but the interaction with the toys looks really good. The graphics are nice, and the idea looks good, but that thing of all figures being limited edition is a big mistake for people that like to have a complete collection like me, but it seems that their release plans are good.

Overall, I liked the idea, but I will not play it. Maybe check on internet and all, but I will stay with Skylanders and maybe Amiibo and Disney Infinity.
---
Bruh
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#17 Posted: 19:01:33 23/03/2016
What is true, though, is these guys have gotten certain things right:

-PvP online (up to 6 players in the same party)
-Rewards for best players
- Articulated figures: not bad
- The figures look good but we'll have to wait for real pics instead Of cgi to know the real deal

However...robots,meh
Mobile game,meh again
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:05:44 23/03/2016 by angelg
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#18 Posted: 19:03:20 23/03/2016
just a robot game that's mobile....not really inspiring here but maybe in japan it would work. almost a complete opposite in what goes on here. this would flop hard here with no one buying it.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#19 Posted: 19:41:33 23/03/2016
I just collected my thoughts for the introduction of these TTL games and collectibles over the years. Cheesy first impressions, but cheesier thoughts when beginning collection:

- Skylanders, Oct '11 - "Skylanders? Is this some kind of new figure collection game?" -starts playing one year later- "Wow! How innovative!!"

- Infinity, Aug '13 - "Ok really? Somebody took the RFID idea of Skylanders and becoming a competitor with it? Well, they made it slightly more different than before with the power discs and bigger, smoother figure designs." -starts playing one year later- "Hmm, cute game to create maps and games on!"

- Amiibo, Sept '14 - "Well, people are using the Skylanders mechanics to sink themselves in cash, the same as Activision. Also why are there not that many figures to choose from where I live?" -starts playing SMM one year later with them- "Welp, I started collecting them so I can put them to use in custom Mario levels"

- LEGO Dimensions, Sept '15 - "Even LEGO is in the contest? Damn. Also a $110 CAD starter pack? I don't really know, well it's nice how every figure is built with real lego and that you can build as you play. I might consider this game." -starts playing Jan '16-. "I love how technical the mechanics are with the toy pad and the figures, also love the story"

- Infinite Arms, Now - "Yep, the originality is dead, isn't it? Yet another series of figures I'll go nuts with my wallet on. Darn..."
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#20 Posted: 20:26:00 23/03/2016
I guess the figure look kinda nice, but mobile so only meh, not interested. This new "challenger"changes nothing, Skylanders will continue being the best TTL franchise.

"Let's check this out and focus only on finding something that I personally think would be done better than Skylanders and write a post only about that."

There are a ton of things that are more important about a TTL video game than the way figures are released. Nothing to say on how the figure looks, how the gameplay looks, being on mobile only?
---
bye
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#21 Posted: 20:55:14 23/03/2016
Meh. Not impressed to be honest. The two robots they showed off look pretty cool, but doesn't look like something that's going to catch on as well.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#22 Posted: 21:24:13 23/03/2016
'Infinite Arms?' That name doesn't sound too appealing. From what was shown there, it doesn't seem like something that loads will go wild over. That might just be because I'm not into robots and entirely mobile-based games, or just because I'll only ever stick to one TTL franchise. It's likely that I won't be looking into that more, it just simply hasn't caught my interest. Who knows, let's wait and see.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#23 Posted: 21:29:43 23/03/2016
Quote: Spyro Lover122
'Infinite Arms?'

May not be appealing but it fits in with the whole robot-fighting theme! smilie

Can't say I'm too keen on it either, though.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#24 Posted: 00:05:27 24/03/2016
Not a fan of the designs or the fact they are all robots but it does look like a nice "small" title for a rather restricted range of customers.

For the records, more detachable/articulated parts were tested for SWAP Force and they received a big "NO" for multiple reasons.
I'm sincerely fine with it, I like character's unique poses but that was probably the closest we can ever get to that concept in this series.

Yeah... "seasons" is most likely just another name for "Waves".
Nothing new.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#25 Posted: 03:10:06 24/03/2016
Looking more in to this, The figures communicate directly with your device with blu tooth. Also each figure has a speaker and lights and on-board storage for game data. Each figure can use 4 weapons at a time and they also have onboard storage. (they do not use NFC chips). Figures will not be sold in stores but when bought in the game they will be shipped to your door (by amazon).
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:10:33 24/03/2016 by darkrai848
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#26 Posted: 09:51:39 24/03/2016
Just read the part about Skylanders "not being toys"....
Yeah, because toys definitely need to be articulated to be called like that... smilie

Not sure direct shipping from Amazon is a good thing.
One of the reason why I always try to look in stores before buying online is the paintjobs of the figures.
Sure these doesn't look as detailed (in terms of colors) as Skylanders or Amiibos but I think it would be better if they had the option to be bought somewhere.

Don't know... Their look give me an overall sense of "cheapness" which reminds me of certain "fake" Transformers toys I had when I was younger which were fun to play with but had rather bland designs.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#27 Posted: 10:44:00 24/03/2016
Hasn't there been a myriad of mobile toys to life games/apps. I know Angry birds had one, as well as Plants vs zombies. There was also a DC one I think and many more I can't remember. I don't think this is really any competition to The "console" TTL brands.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#28 Posted: 12:37:46 24/03/2016
Oh man they just shot themselves in the foot with the Amazon thing. Do they even know how much they charge to ship abroad to some countries? Figure quality is just another concern. Second hand market will explode to get something nice looking instead of leaving it to luck.
---
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#29 Posted: 15:40:00 24/03/2016

So, if these things do have lights and speakers like the article said don't you think they'll cost quite a bit? I mean, it's going to be hard to buy all of these if another $20 figure or something is released every two weeks, and once they're gone, they're gone. They'll have to run to the store every two weeks, assuming they want to collect them all. Plus, according to the article, EVERY character and weapon has a gold variant, so if someone wants all those too, they're gonna spend twice as much money.
---
Dead
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#30 Posted: 20:47:37 02/04/2016
ehh...its different...but no thanks.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#31 Posted: 08:53:54 03/04/2016
Right, so what I saw from that trailer it reminded me of some kind of Transformers type thing. That kind of stuff is just not for me.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#32 Posted: 20:48:01 03/04/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Kids pulling arms off of SE ruins the figure, not her chip. Losing a rare gun or part from your robot? You lost that forever.

We had that idea here years ago. The idea is neat. I do think the franchise needs to look at it from a brawler perspective...weapons in my opinion water downs a skylander just as much as sticking it in a vehicle.

Bifrost...any physical ANYTHING suffers from this. This game looks like it's for responsible kids who know how to keep their stuff organized. IMO we need a more "grown up" TTL alternative, since Skylanders refuses to go any deeper for us older fans.
#33 Posted: 21:43:58 03/04/2016
We do, but just robots won't suffice. This feels like it's attempting all-ages still - if we had things with complex paint or articulation that are already made for people who can handle them with care, it's one thing,but then there'd be the issue they would end up being too expensive to compensate for quality. Keeping it simple in style but appealing to adults ends up getting the higher ups of a company to want to push it for kid audiences since less risks of being called too kiddy(re: Wind Waker).

Back to that another one I mentioned, Titanbots, it looks a little better in my opinion. There's a lot less focus on shiny chrome everything and it has a lot more sentai and Gundam inspirations - lots of variation in color, and a more exaggerated style that allows for figures to stand out. If I had to choose between the two it'd probably be that one.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#34 Posted: 03:00:48 06/04/2016

Alright, Timmy...

[User Posted Image]
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Jimmy Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#35 Posted: 08:17:11 07/04/2016
You guys are all so hateful and yet you know nothing about this new game! And so what if its mobile..more people have phones and tablets then expensive consoles smilie and these figures look really nice and are much more detailed then Skylanders c: obviously its aimed at an older audiance and i for one am excited!
#36 Posted: 09:34:13 07/04/2016
I know it has robots and for mobile. Not interested in robots or a tiny screen(no can't afford a tablet along with a regulat phone).
---
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#37 Posted: 17:45:24 07/04/2016
*clicks on thread* *finds GameMaster complaining* *closes tab*
*clicks on different thread* *finds GameMaster complaining* *closes tab*

...Yeah, I'm done with this site.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#38 Posted: 17:48:27 07/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: AzureStarline
*clicks on thread* *finds GameMaster complaining* *closes tab*

perfect time to post joke

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:58:27 07/04/2016 by ZapNorris
#39 Posted: 17:52:04 07/04/2016
Quote: AzureStarline

He's not on S&N... Yet.

He never shows up in General Discussion or Spyro/Skylanders General either,which explains why he stuck in his mind there were no news on Skylanders Academy despite Eric Rogers giving us aaaalll the info and ready to release the preview as soon as network legalese is finalized.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:59:29 07/04/2016 by Bifrost
#40 Posted: 19:00:26 07/04/2016
Well, since people couldn't handle my negative views on this game and are marking me, guess it's time to mark any trolling and flaming geared towards me. My views seem to be bringing out blind mudslinging and name calling, so...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:06:10 07/04/2016 by GameMaster78
#41 Posted: 19:13:25 07/04/2016
Yes, because criticizing your views and how you turn any story into 'Acti is doing it wrong' is totally trolling and flaming. The internet has NEVER seen anything like it,nope, not even a hint of a -gate.

ZapNorris goes overboard with it sometimes but it's not like he or everyone else didn't warn before that it was getting tiring to just reply and be reasonable when all you do is repeat yourself or call us white knights.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:14:38 07/04/2016 by Bifrost
#42 Posted: 19:19:35 07/04/2016
Tiring or not, trolling and flaming is trolling and flaming. Now my question is if bias will come into play. I won't assume it will or won't. I've done my share of marking now, and I will mark now for what I think is trolling and flaming just like others are apparently doing.

I wasn't born under a rock. Since people can't handle "my views" and somehow an opinion of mine towards another was flaming when I didn't call anyone names, I guess I should mark anyone who has a negative view on me or my opinions. Zap going overboard isn't my problem.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:20:12 07/04/2016 by GameMaster78
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#43 Posted: 00:28:23 08/04/2016
We can handle your views, but we don't want to see them in every other topic. It is tiring to see you redundantly posting your opinions of 'this game is terrible', or 'Activision's made terrible choices', or 'Thrillipede and the Buzz Wing won't release', etc. We get that you don't like Superchargers and the choices that Activision and VV made for it. Give it a rest, and enjoy what you can from the game. Everyone's sick of you pushing the irrelevant opinion button for topics.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#44 Posted: 17:23:42 10/04/2016
Agreed with Bifrost an zookinator....theres many things we all don't like what Activision has done....but we don't ***** about it in every post we do.

Give it a rest GameMaster...
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me