Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
The one that got away? [CLOSED]
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#1 Posted: 19:27:20 19/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Hey everybody!
Was just wondering which Skylander you never managed to get your hands on - or which one you consider hardest to find. For me, it was Scratch. I always wanted her but places where I live had stopped stocking SW figures by then.
What about you? I would love to hear about it! smilie
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 20:01:02 19/03/2016
A specific S2 Pop Fizz, or as I called him, Handless John. There was this fire on a bookstore I go to, and most of the Skylanders stock got destroyed - from the only Swarm I've ever seen in person to a Fire Kraken and others. Until they restocked with more Swap Force, only a Giants triple pack and this guy were left. As the name said, he didn't have the free hand, and I kind of made a game where I'd come up every other week to ask the employees how much he was going for; since they didn't know he was defective, they'd say it's regular price until I pointed it out. Made a promise to myself once I had leftover money and all my priority figures bought, I'd finally take him home.
He disappeared after 5 months sitting there, either to a clueless kid or the trash D:
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:01:31 19/03/2016 by Bifrost
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#3 Posted: 20:06:35 19/03/2016
Well i got into skylanders with giants. I managed to find pretty much everything in the wild but boomer. So ya boomer was the one i had to ebay and never actually bought in a store.
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#4 Posted: 20:06:58 19/03/2016
Series 2 Drobot, Fire Bone Hot Dog and LC Bumble Blast. I never saw them anywhere, I don't even know if they ever released here. (I think FB Hot Dog did, but I don't know about the others.)
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#5 Posted: 20:23:27 19/03/2016
Molten Hot Dog and Jade Flashwing. Variants used to be crazy rare around me.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#6 Posted: 20:51:01 19/03/2016
Currently missing only Thrillipede to call my collection complete. smilie

But in terms of other figures... The Life Yawn trap.
Big surprise, uh?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#7 Posted: 21:18:57 19/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Were the traps hard to find? I never played TT.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#8 Posted: 21:24:43 19/03/2016
Blackout & Spotlight
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#9 Posted: 22:01:05 19/03/2016
Quote: yelvy
Were the traps hard to find? I never played TT.

Many of then are, specially the Light and Dark ones, and the three that have the Yawn mold.
---
Bruh
#10 Posted: 22:14:04 19/03/2016 | Topic Creator
^ I've heard a lot about the rareness of the light and dark element figures. What was up with that?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#11 Posted: 23:15:13 19/03/2016
Spotlight.
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#12 Posted: 23:42:47 19/03/2016
Examining the used stockpiles of skylanders back then when they had used stockpiles of skylanders. From there last early Winter, I got a Nitro Magna Charge, Red Drill Sergeant, and Ghost Roaster. I also found Molten Hot Dog but didn't buy him. I let some kid have it who was searching for them like me. He needs it more than I do.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#13 Posted: 23:44:58 19/03/2016
Quote: yelvy
^ I've heard a lot about the rareness of the light and dark element figures. What was up with that?

For some reason Activision produced very few unities of all Light and Dark items in Trap Team (Trap Masters, Traps, Core Skylanders, Expansion Packs), so they're very hard to find. The only thing you can find that doesn't have a ridiculous price is Single Packs of the Trap Masters, I think. Also, you can contact Activision and try to get the three Yawn Traps (including the Light one). I don't know if they give you any more than these three Traps, but there's no hurt to try.

Fortunately all Light and Dark items in SuperChargers are pretty easy to find, as I know.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:46:04 19/03/2016 by Crash10
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#14 Posted: 23:54:01 19/03/2016
Wallop, still haven't gotten him. Though Bat Spin's also an unicorn, I managed to get one on release.
Dadskylanders Yellow Sparx Gems: 1410
#15 Posted: 00:29:42 20/03/2016
The 3 YAWN traps. I am still pretty ticked about it . smilie
---
Father of future gamers
HuskerfanChuck Yellow Sparx Gems: 1225
#16 Posted: 00:52:40 20/03/2016
Seen most all of the mass produced stuff in the wild. (By wild I mean new or used. Started too late to see a lot of this new in the wild.) Quick Draw Rattle Shake, Magna Charge, Boomer, Ghost Roaster, Royal Double Trouble (2 sitting at one Game Stop here in town). The only one I haven't at least seen that I recall (may habe seen her early on when I had no clue what was going on with Skylanders) is Spotlight. Been a booger to try go find. Do love the hunt, though!
---
HuskerfanChuck

Repping the Light, Huskers, and Nebraska!
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#17 Posted: 05:44:56 20/03/2016
Quote: Dadskylanders

Same here!!!
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#18 Posted: 07:06:24 20/03/2016
I wouldn't say "got away", but Lightcore Pop Fizz is one tricky little bugger. I missed the initial retail window, if there was one in my area. I've actually found a few of them since, but it always seems like he's hiding out there. It doesn't help that his official image is a different pose either. I actually did a comparison in another topic:

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=102572

FYI - be careful if you order him from GameStop, they might send you regular Pop Fizz.
Tamez Blue Sparx Gems: 901
#19 Posted: 12:47:51 20/03/2016
Horn Blast Whirlwind, she's the last one I need to have all the Heroic Challenges on Giants.

Other than her, cheap Ka-Boom, cheap Enigma, and cheap Nitro Krypt King, in that order.

I made the decision to support Trap Team as little as possible since they locked the elemental gates behind trap masters.
So I got nearly everything TT I own used, clearance, or at the very least with the $1 coupon (BatSpin).

Ka-Boom I almost got for $2.50 but some lady just beat me to him. It was a Christmas present for a kid though, so I can't complain.
Enigma I honestly just like the figure design, I'm sure I'd still use Blastermind more.
Nitro Krypt King I have no real interest in, but he'd be ok to team up with my wife is she is playing as the Golden Queen.
---
My favorite Skylanders from each game: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Fireworks Emerald Sparx Gems: 3094
#20 Posted: 18:25:18 20/03/2016
-S2 Drobot, one of the few reposes I wanted to get despite already owning the S1 because I loved Drobot that much but he was never released in my country.
-Punk Shock, I did see her in store and I could have bought her but at the time I had no interest in her. When I changed my mind it was too late.
-Wallop & Enigma, much like Punk Shock I should have just bought them the moment I saw them instead of waiting.
-Frightful Fiesta, I wanted to get him Day 1 instead of regular Fiesta but they didn't have him and I don't think he will ever be released in my country either.
---
Don't mind me, I'm just not a very talkative person.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:49:19 20/03/2016 by Fireworks
#21 Posted: 18:51:49 20/03/2016 | Topic Creator
^ I had the same problem with S2 Drobot. In the end I found a preowned S1 and bought that instead. smilie
Barrysun Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#22 Posted: 19:21:12 20/03/2016
let's see... Series 2 Bash, Echo, and Black out for me.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#23 Posted: 20:31:00 20/03/2016
Echo and punk shock... saw them once and then they disappeared forever.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
iceblade2488 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1070
#24 Posted: 11:45:11 22/03/2016
Scratch, I've never even seen one in person.
---
Just a fool driven by nostolgia
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#25 Posted: 16:28:39 22/03/2016
All I need for my collection is Thrillipede and Buzz Wing.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:31:07 22/03/2016 by GinjaNinja
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#26 Posted: 19:38:44 22/03/2016
Have gotten all the characters. I still need 2 cards from the 2014 Topps Trap Team, the main one being #161 Shield Shredder.

Scratch, my store a month or two back had like 15 Scratchs and Fire Bone Hot Dogs and sold all of them at cost to folks. Who knows where they found those boxes.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#27 Posted: 19:51:04 22/03/2016
the first run whirlwind at target. had to buy her from ebay but since then never missed a rare skylander i wanted from 1st to 5th game. i've gotten most of the exclusives, but as the years went on after swap force i bought less and less "legendary" ones. they look bad coloring on the light skylander and his vehicle of the game. when you look at the sky racing pack compared to the legendary one, it's just more beautiful in the natural coloring, along with roller brawl and jet-vac. the legendaries looked better in SA and giants but look terrible in the new games.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#28 Posted: 22:03:36 22/03/2016
spotlight. last one wanted, have almost everything else. never seen her figure in person or online for any sort of reasonable price (not paying more than $20 for a lump of plastic). would have liked some of the rares like crystal stealth elf, pearl hex, purple metalic cynder, but none are worth the prices being asked. maybe some years down the road can get them. will not have any trouble getting sc regular stealth elf and keep eye out for headrush (she'll be cheap used at gamestop eventually).
7Habits Blue Sparx Gems: 989
#29 Posted: 09:49:11 24/03/2016
Fire Bone Hot Dog - the only character I never found (new) in the wild. Finally ordered on Amazon the other day for $9.99. It came with the backing coming unglued, but I was going to open it anyway.

Never saw yawn traps or the light and dark traps that were in the later waves of TT either.
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#30 Posted: 13:47:56 24/03/2016
I missed out on many of the Swap Force and Trap Team gimmick landers. It pisses me off because now I have a game I can NEVER truly finish and if I buy Trap Team that'll be two games. I'm also put off from SC and new Skylanders games because if I dilly dally as I often do when spending non essential or gift buying money I might have even MORE games I can't finish.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:50:11 24/03/2016 by ClassicSpyroLUV
#31 Posted: 14:11:08 24/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: ClassicSpyroLUV
I missed out on many of the Swap Force and Trap Team gimmick landers. It pisses me off because now I have a game I can NEVER truly finish and if I buy Trap Team that'll be two games. I'm also put off from SC and new Skylanders games because if I dilly dally as I often do when spending non essential or gift buying money I might have even MORE games I can't finish.

Yeah, this has always bugged me.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3165
#32 Posted: 16:23:46 24/03/2016
Fire Kraken was a tricky one to find for me. He was probably the hardest swapper to find back near the beginning of Swap Force, and that was somewhat of a struggle. I actually just casually came across one at a local Walmart one day, but I didn't think he was that rare at first, so I decided to just "wait" to get him. That was a mistake, because THEN my sister told me she wanted him, and when I came back to the same Walmart a few days later, he was gone. Then I couldn't find him at any of the other stores in town. Even Amazon, which had every other swapper in stock, had no Fire Kraken at all. I ended up having to order him from eBay.

I also don't go Skylanders hunting as much as I used to, but I have NEVER seen a single Blackout or Spotlight in the wild yet. And now I see the prices people are selling them for on eBay, and it's a shame. They were both on my "want" list, and even though I never saw them, I regret not having been actively looking for them. Now the only way is eBay... smilie
---
Purple dragon.
RainbowSkygirl Gold Sparx Gems: 2013
#33 Posted: 12:42:28 25/03/2016
I cannot find Scratch anywhere other than Amazon, and there she was some 20 dollars. Even though my local store's Skylanders shelf is filled with Swap Force packs, there's not a single Scratch on the shelf.
The one that literally got away was Blackout. I was about to order him off Amazon someone got the $9.99 one no more than a minute before I could. I managed to snatch a retail price Spotlight though.
---
Lurked moar since 2011 and I'm still not quite sure what I'm doing.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#34 Posted: 20:43:39 02/04/2016
Quote: dinoah2005
Quote: Dadskylanders

Same here!!!

Ditto...there the only ones i don't have...never could get them.(and boy i tryed)
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#35 Posted: 14:56:14 03/04/2016
Buzz Wing and Thrillipede. Think they will be the ones that got away for most, if not all, of us.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#36 Posted: 15:51:57 03/04/2016
i just missed the whole superchargers and every toys it had, and you know what, i dont miss/regret it at all. but i am sure activision miss my money, lol...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#37 Posted: 16:35:04 03/04/2016
Actually, people will come in here saying Acti doesn't miss the one customer it has lost. One customer leads to another and another and another. I can foresee a lot getting smart if these two remaining figures don't release.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#38 Posted: 16:40:19 03/04/2016
Quote: GameMaster78
Actually, people will come in here saying Acti doesn't miss the one customer it has lost. One customer leads to another and another and another. I can foresee a lot getting smart if these two remaining figures don't release.

i'm sure activision won't miss you two.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#39 Posted: 20:40:28 03/04/2016
Still this talk about Buzz-wing and Dull-i-pede? Oh I remember the Swap Force announcement days...this site was buzzing. Now it's April and not so much. smilie
#40 Posted: 21:38:29 03/04/2016
Right, Lemons? I come here each and every day hoping someone here has info, but here we are, April, and notta. I mean, what are they waiting on? If they sell it now, or sell it in a month, what's so magical about it, that a certain day is going to bring them more sales than usual? NOPE! And this is why I keep saying it won't be released. I was right about Skylanders Academy not airing in Q2 like was planned. I was right about the Yawn Traps not being released at retail.

They got competition and had a great chance to capitalize on sales with the March 15th and 18th release of a lot of TTL products, but I guess the logic of some will be - in a blind defense - "well, they're waiting for this or that month, because of this or that reason. Bottom line, there is no excuse to sit on them... unless they don't even intend to release them. Not like they're trying to bump fiscal sales by releasing a measly two figures. Either they're not the sharpest tools in the shed, or they don't plan on releasing them, so they're just keeping their mouths shut, like they do... very well.

Oh and was your "this site was buzzing" a pun? If not, you made a funny.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:39:27 03/04/2016 by GameMaster78
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#41 Posted: 22:30:24 03/04/2016
Just maybe Sky 6 will get canned and we can just be done for landers for ever! All you guy's do is complain about everything now. Coming here an seeing complaints and more complaints is getting real old Fast! I always had fun here until about 2 months ago it seems the fun stopped. I am at the point where if buzz wing and thrillipede don't come out I don't care anymore about it. They do then I'll buy them and if not then so what. I am just bummed like everyone one else here. It also seems that you all say so what if Acti loses customers I am sure they do. They just don't have a very good marketing team on how to plan or place the figures they are going to sell. It is just all coming down to a very sad end and I wish it would just all go away.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#42 Posted: 01:36:46 04/04/2016
With due respect, I don't understand why people just don't get the items which didn't make it to their nation from overseas?

I can understand some countries get stuff all and that would be a travesty but if it is merely one or two figs?

Here in Oz, we missed out on quite a few things, over the past few games, that the UK and US take for granted - Lightcore Bumble Blast, I am looking at you. The keen collectors simply roll with the punches and get them from somewhere else and generally the shipping is not a killer (even when shipping to Australia is often quite expensive when compared to shipping to other countries closer to the source).

Then again, I am a "solutions" rather than a "problems" kind of guy...
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#43 Posted: 01:59:36 04/04/2016
If I remember correctly, weren't Flip Wreck and Fling Kong released in late April? And Enigma in May? We still have time.
---
Hahahahaha
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#44 Posted: 02:43:59 04/04/2016
If you hunt, check this site for tips on release dates, and ask employtees, at Gamestop and TRU, you will catch everything that is released. What got away for me is... chase variants. Seriously. I obviously hunt a lot. A LOT. and I have never found one. Does anyone have tips besides paying a fortune on eBay?
---
Any last wishes?
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#45 Posted: 07:06:24 04/04/2016
Quote: Wishblade
If you hunt, check this site for tips on release dates, and ask employtees, at Gamestop and TRU, you will catch everything that is released. What got away for me is... chase variants. Seriously. I obviously hunt a lot. A LOT. and I have never found one. Does anyone have tips besides paying a fortune on eBay?

A lot of it is just luck. When I worked at my local TRU (nearly four years) I probably opened 75% of every Skylanders box we got in during those times (Between SSA's launch to just months before Trap Team) and the only two chase variants that I'm aware my store got were in boxes opened by other employees. Luckily just about everyone knew I was a collector and decent guy, so they held both of them for me when they were discovered.

For those curious, it was a flocked Springtime Trigger Happy and a white, flocked LC Prism Break. I still have both to this day, too. But that Prism Break's box took a bad ding from a fallen object.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#46 Posted: 07:47:50 04/04/2016

you are right, and they might have lost me for good now. it just have been very good to not stress about skylanders this year, and just collect for games that actually comes on the shelves on the right time. the skylanders games have to many figurines, its gotten outta hand. make 20 figurines and release them over a 6 month period and be done with it, no traps, vehicle or other extra gimmick crap, this game is expensive enough. but their greed is also getting outta hand with the microtransactions now. i feel we have come to and end, even if skylanders6 will be a good game, i think it will just fail, people have moved on and they are tired of to many figurines, crappy release schedule and activisions greed. i think tfb should just separate them self from activision and start on something new and exciting again.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#47 Posted: 08:08:59 04/04/2016
Here we go again....
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#48 Posted: 11:25:54 04/04/2016
Since I started collecting halfway through Giants cycle, I missed a few but got them easy and cheap on eBay. I could say I missed figures that were never released in Canada like the two Nitro vehicles and the Air Mini Duo Pack, but I got those for a fair price from people in the US.

Buzz Wing and Thrillipede. Think they will be the ones that got away for most, if not all, of us.

Can't wait when they both get released to constantly remind you that you were wrong each time I see a new post from you smilie
---
bye
#49 Posted: 14:34:15 04/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Well, looks like Buzz Wing and Thrillipede really are bugging people! But I don't understand why Acti wouldn't release them at all. And what is the deal with the yawn traps? I never played TT.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#50 Posted: 15:30:48 04/04/2016
Oh and was your "this site was buzzing" a pun? If not, you made a funny.

I do it all the time. Not too many people notice. smilie
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me