First | Previous | Page 7 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Wave 5 [OFFICIAL TOPIC]
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#301 Posted: 19:09:30 25/05/2016
Quote: trixster68
My friend at TRU said they were being for an event coming up! I bet you that you get it as a preorder bonus with 20.00 down towards Sky 6.

Even if it isn't that, it's interesting none the less. It's strange though, because when I asked the people at my TRU about Thrillipede, they said they didn't know.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#302 Posted: 19:09:42 25/05/2016
Quote: defpally
Quote: UncleBob
Holy Christ, TRU - why do you hate me?

My replacement order arrived today. Two separate bubble mailers. Both crushed once again. Seriously - why not ship these together in a box?

TRU.com has offered to replace both for me again - I'm just taking Buzz Wing to my "local" store to trade him out - got a tip from fellow forumer SpyBomb that the "local" store has 'em in stock and called over and they're going to hold me one. Just having them reship Thrillipede (they upgraded him to free 2-Day Shipping in hopes that he'll ship in better condition this way).

Guh.

If anyone from Toys R Us, or someone from Activision that deals with Toys R Us happens to be reading this - suggestion - You sell toys - but many people collect those toys. And from the rep I spoke with, I'm not the only one who buys toys from you as collectables and they arrive... less than preferred. I (and I'm sure, other collectors) would pay a small premium (like $1-$2) if you offered some kind of "Collector's Shipping" - where the item is placed in a BOX, with padding, where it's intended to arrive undamaged to the destination. I know damage in shipping happens - but this could be a win-win for everyone. Heck, make it so regular shipping/return doesn't cover things like damaged packaging - and if you care about the condition of the package, then you'd better pay that extra $1-$2 "insurance" that would cover it.

Just a thought. smilie

Your growing army of Thrillipedes can join my army of Power Blue Splats and take over the world!

As far as the whole "promise" thing on Thrillipede's release that TrapShadowFan is talking about, that's pretty funny. The only place that listed the 24th was a list at TRU that they really aren't supposed to be sharing with customers. It is absurd to be holding them to fan speculation based on that. They said available at TRU first in the Press Release and elsewhere after. It IS available at TRU, you can order him online right now, they never specified "in store". And if you do not keep them packaged, there is no reason to not have ordered them - you would have it right now and the whole point would be moot.

I sympathize with people like UncleBob that want to keep them in the box, but other than that if you are upset stores do not have them yet you intend to open them you have no one to blame but yourself. It was posted on here that you could save 20% off each and get free shipping back when they popped up.

I don't like ordering Skylanders online because more often than not they have shoddy paint jobs. I prefer finding them in store and finding the best paint job.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#303 Posted: 22:00:21 25/05/2016
Quote: 84skylanderdude
I don't like ordering Skylanders online because more often than not they have shoddy paint jobs. I prefer finding them in store and finding the best paint job.

I'm very picky about paint as well, but I prefer actually getting one to rolling the dice and maybe getting one or maybe not. Even if they do come in, reports are they aren't coming in big numbers (4-6 at some stores apparently), so if you are not there at the right time you may miss out.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#304 Posted: 23:10:26 25/05/2016
My local TRU had a ton of Buzz Wings on the shelf (like, maybe 24 or so?). Regardless, even with the smashed packages, I'm always glad to have something in-hand rather than miss out. With these late-waves, you just never know.
#305 Posted: 00:09:04 26/05/2016
Quote: 84skylanderdude

I'm very picky about paint as well, but I prefer actually getting one to rolling the dice and maybe getting one or maybe not. Even if they do come in, reports are they aren't coming in big numbers (4-6 at some stores apparently), so if you are not there at the right time you may miss out.

They don't sell well in my area. I never have to worry about my stores running out of Skylanders.

And in addition to the paint, you can't beat the thrill of the hunt.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#306 Posted: 14:53:56 26/05/2016
My local TRU had a ton of Buzz Wings on the shelf (like, maybe 24 or so?). Regardless, even with the smashed packages, I'm always glad to have something in-hand rather than miss out. With these late-waves, you just never know.

That's my perspective. Get one to ensure you have it, then you can exchange it in the store if you want good packaging/better paint. I do not trust later waves, particularly after Wave 4 and 5 last year. How many people on here never found Spotlight or Blackout at all? As a Skylanders collector, the risk is too high when this option is available.

I'm all for buying in person, I much prefer it - as most people do.
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#307 Posted: 15:31:38 26/05/2016

That's my perspective. Get one to ensure you have it, then you can exchange it in the store if you want good packaging/better paint. I do not trust later waves, particularly after Wave 4 and 5 last year. How many people on here never found Spotlight or Blackout at all? As a Skylanders collector, the risk is too high when this option is available.

I'm all for buying in person, I much prefer it - as most people do.

Even I adopted this method now for Thrillipede. He has shipped and I'm worried he won't have a good paint job. But I wouldn't be too worried based on Trap Team's waves. You have to remember there was that big port strike last year and that's what caused everything to be so messed up. At least here in the US.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#308 Posted: 18:04:32 26/05/2016
Well I finally broke down and ordered Thrillipede for Toys R Us' NewEgg store (shipping was a buck or two cheaper there). Here's hoping the package isn't too crushed smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:04:45 26/05/2016 by TrapShadowFan
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#309 Posted: 18:20:11 26/05/2016
I got both buzz wing and thrillipede last friday. I went to my local game store and there they were. I calmly examine every single one of them and choose the best looking ones. Unfortunately no two segment antennae thrillipede this time.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:22:48 26/05/2016 by angelg
#310 Posted: 20:23:24 26/05/2016
Quote: angelg
I got both buzz wing and thrillipede last friday. I went to my local game store and there they were. I calmly examine every single one of them and choose the best looking ones. Unfortunately no two segment antennae thrillipede this time.

The figure should be fine, and if you like your boxes just hang on to it for the time being and the order slip as your store might get it in and you can exchange it.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#311 Posted: 18:08:39 27/05/2016
Still haven't seen Buzz Wing yet. But I know it's out there.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#312 Posted: 19:07:05 27/05/2016
Quote: ZapNorris
Still haven't seen Buzz Wing yet. But I know it's out there.

Activision is never releasing Buzz Wing, remember? All the pictures you've seen online were just photoshops planted by the Actilluminati to make you THINK that you're getting them soon.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#313 Posted: 19:35:58 27/05/2016
I'll bet the Buzz Wing I have actually has a cloaking chip inside that makes it LOOK like Buzz Wing, but it's actually a Sky Slicer under its disguise. We've been tricked, folks. Heck, I bet the Thrillipede I ordered is gonna be a bomb sent by Illuminati spies from Activision.
#314 Posted: 20:34:28 27/05/2016
My TRU has had Buzz Wing for a while, but I've been calling every day since Tuesday and still no Thrillipede.
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#315 Posted: 01:39:40 28/05/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan
I'll bet the Buzz Wing I have actually has a cloaking chip inside that makes it LOOK like Buzz Wing, but it's actually a Sky Slicer under its disguise. We've been tricked, folks. Heck, I bet the Thrillipede I ordered is gonna be a bomb sent by Illuminati spies from Activision.

It will be like an EMP that nukes the chips in your existing Skylanders collection so none of them work. ;)
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#316 Posted: 01:46:28 28/05/2016
Thrillipede has nanobots that reprogram all your Skylanders to be Lightcore Hex.
#317 Posted: 03:37:17 28/05/2016
Quote: 4inCreation
Thrillipede has nanobots that reprogram all your Skylanders to be Lightcore Hex.

to the guestbook
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#318 Posted: 03:49:39 28/05/2016
[User Posted Image]

Came from Amazon Italy today. Back of Thrillipedes package is all jacked up though! Oh well what can you do and they were sent in a nice box.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3319
#319 Posted: 17:15:15 28/05/2016
My Thrillipede just came in the mail from TRU and the box is kinda beat up on the bottom but the toy itself is fine thankfully.. Except for his yellow eyes with no pupils.. It looks satanic and its creeping me out severely
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
Icebrrrg Green Sparx Gems: 327
#320 Posted: 20:13:49 28/05/2016
Saw them both today. Will wiat for a sale though. They had tons of both.

Buzzwing looks great!
Thrillipede looked terrible. What a let down. Those eyes!!! Good grief those eyes. And almost every one I looked at had TERRIBLE sloppy paint.

Paint and detail better improve for the next game. As of now, these are extremely overpriced for what they are. Finding Skylanders figures (SF) at the dollar store the other day for $3 MIB looked better than the quality seen in SC.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#321 Posted: 20:28:30 28/05/2016
Quote: Icebrrrg

Buzzwing looks great!
Thrillipede looked terrible. What a let down. Those eyes!!! Good grief those eyes. And almost every one I looked at had TERRIBLE sloppy paint.

Paint and detail better improve for the next game. As of now, these are extremely overpriced for what they are. Finding Skylanders figures (SF) at the dollar store the other day for $3 MIB looked better than the quality seen in SC.

had tons of them?? you live in usa?
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Icebrrrg Green Sparx Gems: 327
#322 Posted: 04:12:46 29/05/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: Icebrrrg

Buzzwing looks great!

had tons of them?? you live in usa?

Toronto. Saw them at EB/Gamestop.
#323 Posted: 04:15:35 29/05/2016
buzz wing is great! got one today
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#324 Posted: 21:03:11 31/05/2016
I picked up Buzzwing over the weekend, no Thrilli in sight. I take it that he is still not available in the US? Has a date been set for Thrilli release in the US? May be Games Stops Skylander Day on June 4-5. Here's hoping.
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#325 Posted: 21:15:36 31/05/2016
Seen normal Thrillipede at ToysRUs on US' East Coast, last week. No other stores had him yet, perhaps the ToysRUs 2 week exclusive thing.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#326 Posted: 21:45:07 31/05/2016
Quote: dinoah2005
I picked up Buzzwing over the weekend, no Thrilli in sight. I take it that he is still not available in the US? Has a date been set for Thrilli release in the US? May be Games Stops Skylander Day on June 4-5. Here's hoping.

Almost two weeks ago? That's when people started getting Thrillipede in the US. No idea about in store, most people just ordered it online at TRU.com.
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#327 Posted: 13:17:41 01/06/2016
Quote: dinoah2005

Almost two weeks ago? That's when people started getting Thrillipede in the US. No idea about in store, most people just ordered it online at TRU.com.

Yep. Ordered Thrilli via tru.com and picked up 1/2 price BC starter to get free shipping. Might as well since I don't care about the wait.

-v
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
First | Previous | Page 7 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me