darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 623 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 621 622 623 624 625 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#31101 Posted: 17:58:27 14/02/2018
activision would have said if we were getting a new console game at the quarter report. that didn't happen. thus, no console game this year.

i'd love to be proven wrong, but it won't happen.

seriously, people... you act like there's some chance things will get better, when it's clear that the franchise is on it's last leg. why can't you all just accept that i'm right? your hopeless optimism won't help you. just because you want something doesn't mean it will happen. this isn't some perfect world where you get to sing a song and make everything okay. this is the real world.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#31102 Posted: 18:03:48 14/02/2018
Can't you accept that we don't care if it's optimistic or pessimistic because you keep rubbing your ego on everything? You used to be fun for discussion, this is no longer the case unless you're making memes. Repeating it like a broken record isn't going to change that we like to talk and think of possibilities, and if you don't like that, tough luck.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:04:36 14/02/2018 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#31103 Posted: 18:07:52 14/02/2018
We never said we're getting a console game this year, Zap and we know it's pretty likely we won't get one. All this discussion is for 2019 and what it could bring.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4391
#31104 Posted: 18:12:34 14/02/2018
If you don't like people discussing about things... what are you doing in a forum? Okay, we know pretty well by now your opinion, thanks. Can you let the rest of us to have our own and discuss, please? Most of us aren't even optimistic in the way you say, just sharing opinion about facts. For God's sake.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#31105 Posted: 18:33:21 14/02/2018
There actually is a fourth film in the works, which was previously scheduled for this year but has now been postponed to the next one, but I doubt they would be already developing it.
Don’t know about DreamWorks’ politics regarding videogames, but I’ve not seen many movie tie-ins like I used to, now that I think about it.

Regarding Skylanders, I’m convinced there won’t be any new game this year as well, but I’m ready to be surprised.
Hopefully they are dedicating this year to Spyro, like they did with Crash the last one, and will return to the series in 2019.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#31106 Posted: 19:31:56 14/02/2018
Quote: Bifrost
Can't you accept that we don't care if it's optimistic or pessimistic because you keep rubbing your ego on everything? You used to be fun for discussion, this is no longer the case unless you're making memes. Repeating it like a broken record isn't going to change that we like to talk and think of possibilities, and if you don't like that, tough luck.

I agree. I have no problem with people that disagree with me. What I have a problem with is this pretentious hubris that just radiates off of what he says. We want facts mixed with speculation, not this dismissive pessimism.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#31107 Posted: 19:36:49 14/02/2018
i personally liked imaginators.
#31108 Posted: 19:37:38 14/02/2018
I did too, but I just can get INTO it as much as I did the others.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#31109 Posted: 19:38:46 14/02/2018
giants was my favorite in all honesty. might just be the nostalgia talking but everything just felt so... magical with that game.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#31110 Posted: 19:39:25 14/02/2018
Zap stop with this debbie-downer, condescending, know-it-all persona you have right now. It's not constructive in the slightest. I have my doubts personally about a Skylanders 7, but I don't say it over and over and over again. It isn't necessary.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#31111 Posted: 20:20:48 14/02/2018
Quote: ZapNorris
activision would have said if we were getting a new console game at the quarter report. that didn't happen. thus, no console game this year.

seriously, people... you act like there's some chance things will get better, when it's clear that the franchise is on it's last leg. why can't you all just accept that i'm right? your hopeless optimism won't help you. just because you want something doesn't mean it will happen. this isn't some perfect world where you get to sing a song and make everything okay. this is the real world.

Note that this topic is called "Discussion, Speculation, and News"

There's a reason for that
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#31112 Posted: 20:21:05 14/02/2018
Trap Team is still my favorite because of its sheer amount of content; it's like Giants on steroids. Imaginators could've been just as great but it didn't have enough content IMO.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:21:29 14/02/2018 by TrapShadowFan
#31113 Posted: 20:24:47 14/02/2018
The series is on its last leg, but we don't know for sure whether it will ever attempt a comeback or if it will stay buried forever. Activision can be very unpredictable in times like this. Sometimes they try and revive a series a few years down the line, other times they don't. It's not a definite yes-or-no situation, so all we can do is wait and see. Maybe we'll wait 10 years and Activison will say "Let's try and bring back that old series," or maybe we'll wait an eternity without a single word about Skylanders.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:26:18 14/02/2018 by TrapShadowFan
#31114 Posted: 22:02:44 14/02/2018
And to prove how mature he is when it comes to disagreeing with people he blocked me. This, of course, followed a comment in my guestbook about how we aren't getting a new game. Extremely mature and scholarly if you ask me.

I'm gonna say it, I don't think we are getting a new game this year. But we can't dismiss the possibility of one. No one can prove me wrong on that. Give me one solid, and definitive piece of proof (not evidence, proof) that we aren't getting a new game this year.

Nothing?

That's what I thought.

I again, highly doubt we are getting a new game at this point, and honestly, the Spyro remaster makes it seem even less likely, but I don't know how many ways I can say this.

We DO NOT KNOW if we are or aren't getting a game this year.

As the wise Jedi Master Obi Wan said;

[User Posted Image]
---
#31115 Posted: 22:23:58 14/02/2018
But... but Anakin brought balance to the Force. Only 2 siths and only 2 jedis. That's kind of fair, right?
---
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#31116 Posted: 02:13:28 15/02/2018
But as a misguided young Padawan once said:

"I don't like sand".

Oh were not just making random Star Wars quotes? Ok.....
---
Hahahahaha
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#31117 Posted: 03:09:48 15/02/2018
Quote: ninja9351

I'm gonna say it, I don't think we are getting a new game this year. But we can't dismiss the possibility of one. No one can prove me wrong on that. Give me one solid, and definitive piece of proof (not evidence, proof) that we aren't getting a new game this year.

Nothing?

That's what I thought.

I also can't give you any solid proof that the Earth isn't going to turn into a cosmic chicken and devour the galaxy either but I'm pretty sure it won't. I believe there will be a non-toy based game in the future, but deep down we all know that it's not going to be this year even though we can't completely prove it.

But I can't get why people engage with someone who is only making negative comments. Have you thought about ignoring them? Lots of people seem to be over Zap's constant negativity and yet you still bite when he posts something.

With so many great Skylanders characters it's hard to imagine nobody ever doing something else with them. Hard to see there never being another game, although I think any future game will be significantly different.
spot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1528
#31118 Posted: 07:18:32 15/02/2018
https://www.pastemagazine.com/...ction-comi.html
#31119 Posted: 07:56:18 15/02/2018
Quote: spot

You're kind of late, mate.
---
spot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1528
#31120 Posted: 13:30:56 15/02/2018
I hadn't read anywhere on here specific dates only people guessing and hoping. Several articles came out today talking about an official announcement next month. So I'm not feeling late, mate.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#31121 Posted: 13:47:31 15/02/2018

i agree with zapnorris, you all should just accept it, skylanders is done.

the spyro remake is happening and you all should instead look forward to that.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:53:30 15/02/2018 by CountMoneyBone
#31122 Posted: 14:06:22 15/02/2018
Two people trying to stop discussion atop their high horses, fitting.

This March announcement for Spyro is weird. There aren't any events then, are there? Unless Acti wants to start an announcement stream of their own...
---
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#31123 Posted: 16:36:24 15/02/2018
Just found out the events of Superchargers (after Gadfly Glades) take OVER 15 DAYS to happen.
---
Soon.
#31124 Posted: 16:37:44 15/02/2018
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Just found out the events of Superchargers (after Gadfly Glades) take OVER 15 DAYS to happen.

Huh. I'm sure the events of SSC over all took quite a bit.
---
#31125 Posted: 16:41:40 15/02/2018
Yup, I was cleaning up some articles when I found that out (if you read it on the wiki). Kaos mentions a current time frame for the first time in the series, but yeah, SC is a suuuuper compressed recollection of the events, considering the Skylander just pops in at the next time help is needed.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:42:08 15/02/2018 by Bifrost
#31126 Posted: 17:05:10 15/02/2018
I read it in the Kaos Diaries. Maybe it took 15 days to prepare the popping of the colossal kernal before Mags got bored and popped it herself. I don't know, I'll replay this eventually.
---
Soon.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#31127 Posted: 21:02:12 15/02/2018
Guys, I think you should all stop jumping to conclusions so much! But I just want to say, this situation reminds me a lot of the time period after Dawn of the Dragon was released and we were all holding out for news of a new Spyro game. No one told us anything. We had a movie planned which kept getting pushed back, and ultimately cancelled. It was three years after the release of DotD when we heard anything, and that turned out to be Skylanders. Skylanders as we know it may be ending, but is that really such a bad thing? I haven't played the games since Giants, but it seems like the quality of the games has been going downhill since. It is probably in their best interest to give the series a break for the time being and go over what makes it great, and what doesn't. It also will give everyone a chance to save up their money, eh?
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#31128 Posted: 22:04:46 15/02/2018
We know that, but it's also fun to speculate in the very small, very unlikely chance of a game still happening. I'd rather have a break(or sell it to a better publisher...) but I also like posting around here and seeing what other people think.
---
#31129 Posted: 00:06:11 16/02/2018
Quote: Bolt
Guys, I think you should all stop jumping to conclusions so much! But I just want to say, this situation reminds me a lot of the time period after Dawn of the Dragon was released and we were all holding out for news of a new Spyro game. No one told us anything. We had a movie planned which kept getting pushed back, and ultimately cancelled. It was three years after the release of DotD when we heard anything, and that turned out to be Skylanders. Skylanders as we know it may be ending, but is that really such a bad thing? I haven't played the games since Giants, but it seems like the quality of the games has been going downhill since. It is probably in their best interest to give the series a break for the time being and go over what makes it great, and what doesn't. It also will give everyone a chance to save up their money, eh?

Trap Team was pretty much the peak of the series, and things started to go downhill shortly afterwards. I'm glad they took the declining sales as a sign to stop the series for a while. Even if it's forever, at least they stopped at the right time and didn't try and milk it to where it became like an EA game. The way they stopped the series means that if it ever comes back in the future, it probably wouldn't try some dumb gimmick like more cars or... *shudders* sports, and they'd instead bring it back with a nostalgic remaster of the good ol' days since we all know nostalgia sells.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:06:27 16/02/2018 by TrapShadowFan
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#31130 Posted: 00:25:45 16/02/2018
I don't believe nor care that we'll get Sky7 this year, though I think we've got a pretty good history behind us anyway. Besides, with all the rumors of a Spyro trilogy remake (and occasionally, Crash ports), at least we'd have those instead. I don't see a bad ending to this.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#31131 Posted: 01:05:11 16/02/2018 | Topic Creator
As I've said in the past, I think it is foolish to ever say that any franchise is dead. Where there are fans, there is money. That's how publishers businesses see it. Skylanders Imaginators sold poorly, Skylanders SuperChargers took a hit in sales - it's also foolish to ignore that. If a franchise is selling poorly what would be the logical thing to do? Pull the plug for the time being, go back to the drawing board, think of a new way to sell to new consumers while also bringing back previous fans, wait a while, make people miss the franchise and release a new game in a franchise. That doesn't work? Do it again, take a longer break.

Let's take a look at a couple of other franchises.

Assassin's Creed (Game Sales)

Assassin's Creed III: 13 million
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag: 13 million
Assassin's Creed Unity: 8 million
Assassin's Creed Syndicate: 5 million

Ubisoft took a year break, released a new game, reinvented the franchise and guess what? It worked for them. While official sales figures haven't been released, [url=https://www.cinemablend.com/games/1722840/assassins-creed-origins-sales-are-way-up-compared-to-the-last-game]sales are up 100 percent.

[User Posted Image]

Doctor Who (Viewers)

1974: 9 million
1979: 8 million
1989: 4 million

It then returned in 1996 for a TV movie special

1996: 9 million

After giving the show a face-lift for the 21st century, it returned in 2005

[User Posted Image]

2005: 8 million
2008: 9 million
2010: 8 million
2014: 7.5 million

And while 2017 saw a dip in viewing figures, that is more to do with how consuming television shows has dramatically changed in the past few years, around 3 million more people watched the episode on BBC iPlayer on top of the below figure.

2017: 6.5 million

And what's happening next year? Another reinvention. New cast, new writers, new sets.

[User Posted Image]

So Skylanders as we know it? Yeah I guess you could say it is dead. However, Skylanders returning in a new, fresh form? Yeah that is going to happen. How long? Only time will tell.
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#31132 Posted: 17:57:23 16/02/2018
Quote: CountMoneyBone

i agree with zapnorris, you all should just accept it, skylanders is done.

the spyro remake is happening and you all should instead look forward to that.

The original spyro were very good. The skylanders serie was aesthetically and spiritually closer of the original rather than the legend one.
---
THE END IS NEAR
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#31133 Posted: 20:32:09 16/02/2018
Quote: TTD
As I've said in the past, I think it is foolish to ever say that any franchise is dead. Where there are fans, there is money. That's how publishers businesses see it. Skylanders Imaginators sold poorly, Skylanders SuperChargers took a hit in sales - it's also foolish to ignore that. If a franchise is selling poorly what would be the logical thing to do? Pull the plug for the time being, go back to the drawing board, think of a new way to sell to new consumers while also bringing back previous fans, wait a while, make people miss the franchise and release a new game in a franchise. That doesn't work? Do it again, take a longer break.

Let's take a look at a couple of other franchises.

Assassin's Creed (Game Sales)

Assassin's Creed III: 13 million
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag: 13 million
Assassin's Creed Unity: 8 million
Assassin's Creed Syndicate: 5 million

Ubisoft took a year break, released a new game, reinvented the franchise and guess what? It worked for them. While official sales figures haven't been released, [url=https://www.cinemablend.com/games/1722840/assassins-creed-origins-sales-are-way-up-compared-to-the-last-game]sales are up 100 percent.

[User Posted Image]

Doctor Who (Viewers)

1974: 9 million
1979: 8 million
1989: 4 million

It then returned in 1996 for a TV movie special

1996: 9 million

After giving the show a face-lift for the 21st century, it returned in 2005

[User Posted Image]

2005: 8 million
2008: 9 million
2010: 8 million
2014: 7.5 million

And while 2017 saw a dip in viewing figures, that is more to do with how consuming television shows has dramatically changed in the past few years, around 3 million more people watched the episode on BBC iPlayer on top of the below figure.

2017: 6.5 million

And what's happening next year? Another reinvention. New cast, new writers, new sets.

[User Posted Image]

So Skylanders as we know it? Yeah I guess you could say it is dead. However, Skylanders returning in a new, fresh form? Yeah that is going to happen. How long? Only time will tell.

^ This. I agree 100%. I think this is what I was trying to get at earlier, but you've explained it way better than what I ever could!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#31134 Posted: 20:42:53 16/02/2018
sure, that may happen. but we're talking years into the future. by then, the original audience will have been long gone.

don't get me wrong- i love these games, and i really want to see more of them. but logically? it most likely won't happen for a very long time, if at all.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#31135 Posted: 23:51:18 16/02/2018
sure, that may happen. but we're talking years into the future. by then, the original audience will have been long gone.

don't get me wrong- i love these games, and i really want to see more of them. but logically? it most likely won't happen for a very long time, if at all.[

*Cough Cough* Kirby
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#31136 Posted: 15:36:13 17/02/2018 | Topic Creator

don't get me wrong- i love these games, and i really want to see more of them. but logically? it most likely won't happen for a very long time, if at all.

No way to tell. It could be just a couple of years, Assassin's Creed there was just a year gap. Doctor Who there was a 9 year gap between 1996 and 2005. It completely depends on how well they execute their 'reinvention'. When Skylanders returns I highly doubt there will be such a big focus on the toys, I think it will purely be a game on its own with a roster of a few characters.

The other route they could go is going back to basics, they could use the Spyro's Adventure/ Giants model of no gimmicks, just the statues (they could even just do 8 figures so they don't over saturate?). Alternatively a port to current gen consoles (Switch, PS4, Xbox ONE) but eliminate the toys and much like imaginators for Switch, have a roster to choose from but just have every character preloaded (maybe a bonus for fans where if you scan a figure you get gold or a legendary treasure?). But just throwing ideas out there. In my personal opinion I believe we'll be seeing a return in 2019/2020.
#31137 Posted: 16:58:50 17/02/2018
Given how much money the earlier games made, I doubt Skylanders will be gone for long. I reckon Acti will try to revive it ASAP.

Sure, the newer games bombed, but I can't see Acti easily giving up on such a big cash grab for too long. So my expectations are either 2018 or 2019. Despite few hints towards a 2018 release, I still wouldn't be surprised.
#31138 Posted: 21:52:08 17/02/2018
Nostalgia makes big bucks, so they'll probably wait until a big chunk of the fanbase starts getting all nostalgic about it the same way people got about Crash and Spyro.
#31139 Posted: 23:29:08 17/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Interesting stuff...

[User Posted Image]

So this confirms either one of two things.

1. There isn't a Skylanders game in development from either Toys for Bob or Vicarious Visions.
2. The next Skylanders game is online multiplayer.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:29:42 17/02/2018 by TTD
#31140 Posted: 00:16:55 18/02/2018
hmmmm...

online multiplayer?? that would be amazing..

yet again, don't get your hopes up people
#31141 Posted: 00:27:07 18/02/2018
Online multiplayer? Excellent! Now I can hear kids tell me how they did my mom last night whilst playing Skylanders! This is revolutionary, people!
#31142 Posted: 00:29:13 18/02/2018
Interesting stuff...

[User Posted Image]

1. There isn't a Skylanders game in development from either Toys for Bob or Vicarious Visions.

It also confirms, more than likely, that whatever this is, isn't Crash 2019. I'd heard some rumors that since VV is tackling Spyro, TFB could be making Crash 2019. So unless the new Crash game features online multiplayer with couch co-op, then this seems to exclude that as a possibility.

A bit unrelated, but I'm genuinely curious if you saw this because of my video or actually found this on your own.
---
#31143 Posted: 00:57:14 18/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Interesting stuff...

[User Posted Image]

It also confirms, more than likely, that whatever this is, isn't Crash 2019. I'd heard some rumors that since VV is tackling Spyro, TFB could be making Crash 2019. So unless the new Crash game features online multiplayer with couch co-op, then this seems to exclude that as a possibility.

It could be Crash Team Racing but then again they'd probably just reuse enemies from the already existing games as stage hazards so they wouldn't need an enemy designer. So that leaves us with:

• New online IP
  • New online game based on already existing franchise
  • New Skylanders game with online capabilities

• I'm sure we're all hoping for the latter.

A bit unrelated, but I'm genuinely curious if you saw this because of my video or actually found this on your own.

I frequently check job listings and just have the general google search for 'Skylanders' and change the settings to 'past 24 hours' so I found it. But if you found it before me, good job!
    Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
    #31144 Posted: 01:17:27 18/02/2018
    Let’s not forget SuoerChargers did have online multiplayer, even thought it probably could have been handled better.

That might have been because of the nature of the gimmick itself, but I’d be all for online PvP with the actual Skylanders.
    Even if that may require rebalancing a lot of them.
    ---
    ”Gulp, lunch time!”
    Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
    #31145 Posted: 01:56:36 18/02/2018
    Well on the Wii U the online still works. No one uses it but...yeah.
    ---
    Soon.
    #31146 Posted: 04:02:46 18/02/2018
    I'd also like to say that this job listing here-http://jobs.gamasutra.com/job/sr-executive-producer-toys-for-bob-novato-california-32451 (no longer available at TFB's website) is very interesting.

It specifically mentions that this is a Game as a Service (Gaas) game.

I had to look up what that means, but essentially it's just a game that receives post-launch support in an effort to maintain an audience. This can be through microtransactions, DLC, or even free updates in an attempt to drive new sales. Technically speaking, Skylanders is a GaaS. That being said, almost every Activision game is a GaaS at this point in time. (Destiny, CoD, Skylanders, all of King's games, all of Blizzard's games)

Just something else that's worth taking note of.
    ---
    Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
    #31147 Posted: 14:58:43 18/02/2018
    Hey guys, guess what?...

This series is dead.

#31148 Posted: 15:18:26 18/02/2018
    Darn, I was hoping for a jape video. Though I guess none of the bait and switch music channels have ever used Skylanders on anything.
    ---
    nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
    #31149 Posted: 17:00:57 18/02/2018
    Interesting stuff...

[User Posted Image]

it probably the 'unreal engin' game we don't know what is it. It ain't the spyro remake because VV is in charge. doubtful it skylanders related the franchise was milked to death.
    ---
    THE END IS NEAR
    First | Previous | Page 623 of 636 | Next | Last
    1 2 3 ... 621 622 623 624 625 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me