darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 612 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 610 611 612 613 614 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#30551 Posted: 15:36:30 01/11/2017
i dont buy it. its probobly fake or something.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#30552 Posted: 15:42:34 01/11/2017
It gives me a vibe to that one sky 6 leak last year with PVP and the blue bird guy. I shouldn't be getting that vibe but I am.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#30553 Posted: 15:57:54 01/11/2017
Did we ever come to a logical conclusion why Acti rarely, if ever, gave us release dates, like how DI and LD did?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#30554 Posted: 16:28:36 01/11/2017
I’m sorry that I couldn’t give you guys a proper answer
, but I doubt that it’s the new mobile game it’s too polished for an app.

Maybe someone made their own game by stealing characters models from the games idk TBH.
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#30555 Posted: 17:50:25 01/11/2017
I'd say photoshop, rather than a mod. Jet Vac's pose looks identical to this promo image (http://skylanders.wikia.com/wi...ase_Jet-Vac.jpg), you can even see similarities in where the grass covered Jet Vac's feet in the original and his missing feet in the "new" image, plus the bit around his blast where it wasn't edited properly to remove the background of the old image. Similarly, the Cyclops Dragon is just the main image from http://skylanders.wikia.com/wiki/Cyclops_Dragons, but missing part of his feet (coincidentally, the same part that is covered up in the original image)
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#30556 Posted: 18:10:48 01/11/2017
Aww :c alt costume mod for Trap Team would be so cool, but it's probably a photoshop using these and a knight guy jn a similar pose.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#30557 Posted: 18:52:58 01/11/2017
Quote: bisylizzie
I'd say photoshop, rather than a mod. Jet Vac's pose looks identical to this promo image (http://skylanders.wikia.com/wi...ase_Jet-Vac.jpg), you can even see similarities in where the grass covered Jet Vac's feet in the original and his missing feet in the "new" image, plus the bit around his blast where it wasn't edited properly to remove the background of the old image. Similarly, the Cyclops Dragon is just the main image from http://skylanders.wikia.com/wiki/Cyclops_Dragons, but missing part of his feet (coincidentally, the same part that is covered up in the original image)

I kind of want to make fake skylanders now I’ll start to make the ones from my head canon game
https://twitter.com/mvvd974/status/925799490174337024
Edit : I made that Jet-vac I kind of feel guilty now that some of you are hyped I was going to say that it’s fake I just wanted to test my photoshop skills on you guys sorry...I haven’t made this to spread rumors for a new game or anything I just wanted to see if my work is believable that’s it.and I apologize again.

Second Edit : I love you guys please don’t hate me I’m just an innocent little 18 year old boy
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:23:40 01/11/2017 by KingMed
#30558 Posted: 19:29:25 01/11/2017
Quote: KingMed
Quote: bisylizzie

I kind of want to make fake skylanders now I’ll start to make the ones from my head canon game
https://twitter.com/mvvd974/status/925799490174337024
Edit : I made that Jet-vac I kind of feel guilty now that some of you are hyped I was going to say that it’s fake I just wanted to test my photoshop skills on you guys sorry...I haven’t made this to spread rumors for a new game or anything I just wanted to see if my work is believable that’s it.and I apologize again.

Second Edit : I love you guys please don’t hate me I’m just an innocent little 18 year old boy

Say something next time then!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#30559 Posted: 19:47:09 01/11/2017
Was going to say what hot dog said but yea
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:47:23 01/11/2017 by SkyFan91
#30560 Posted: 20:11:03 01/11/2017
Yeah, don't lie. Your skills are good, but don't use them to pretend it's something you found.
---
Vertalus Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#30561 Posted: 20:26:55 01/11/2017
I would still like to have the option to play as a hero or villain. Depending on you actions in game, it would be easier to get certain characters or have a hard time getting some to help you.
---
Favorite type Skylander: Feline and Dragon. Still need: Echo, Rocky Roll, the ever elusive dark element trap,and more
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#30562 Posted: 07:07:03 02/11/2017
I'm currently uploading a video about the problems I faced with Toys to Life games (mostly Skylanders as that's my favourite so far, and a few criticisms of Imaginators) and posing the question of if they have a future - would you guys mind if I popped a link in this post or another on this thread? Or whereabouts would I share it on darkSpyro, as I'm sure you could pitch in with your opinions. I'm just asking here because I think this the most relevent place, and I'm not very good with making topics for the proper place!

EDIT: The link's in the spoiler bit below. It's hidden so you don't have to be horrified by the Gas Man in Bottom: Gas.

Edited 4 times - Last edited at 13:15:09 02/11/2017 by Johnbonne
#30563 Posted: 09:52:06 02/11/2017
Quote: Johnbonne
I'm currently uploading a video about the problems I faced with Toys to Life games (mostly Skylanders as that's my favourite so far, and a few criticisms of Imaginators) and posing the question of if they have a future - would you guys mind if I popped a link in this post or another on this thread? Or whereabouts would I share it on darkSpyro, as I'm sure you could pitch in with your opinions. I'm just asking here because I think this the most relevent place, and I'm not very good with making topics for the proper place!

Cheers in advance! It'll be ready soon.

Yearly releases and lack of proper DLC...Activison got us used to yearly releases that now it feels necessary for them to release a new game every year...not having a new game this year wouldn’t have been a big deal if they haven’t don’t yearly releases.
They had the chance to stop yearly releases and keep on making patches since the release of Swap Force...They could of have kept on adding content for swap force till the end of 2014 and give TFB and V.V more time to work on Trap Team and Super Chargers.Trap team could of have been extended for Two years if it was handled correctly They could of have released half the
Trap masters in the first year and with the new patch release the other half + reveal Light and Dark + Add more villains and Levels. The same thing could be said for Super Chargers more Vechiles and Guest Stars could of have been introduced if they released Super chargers in 2016 Crash’s appearance would of have made more sense because of the rifts and stuff and he is known for racing games so that’s a huge miss and that’s all because of activison.
Just imagine how much great work the developers could of have accomplished if they were given enough time.Rushing the developers has effected the franchise negatively just look at the last three games and till me that’s not true.
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#30564 Posted: 16:51:43 02/11/2017
LEGO Dimensions ended. Skylanders is the last one left. But, it's basically dead at this point. It's been a fun ride.
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#30565 Posted: 17:45:37 02/11/2017
There is still Lightseekers Awakening. Then again I don't think anyone has touched the display of those at my local TRU and I have doubts they'll make any further figures. I'm interested in them but they seem about 50% too pricey for my tastes. Plus I really would like that on a PS4 and not a mobile platform. I'll probably get it though when it goes on liquidation like I did with Sick Bricks.
---
Stay Cool!
#30566 Posted: 18:02:33 02/11/2017
Lightseekers is probably going to be focused on TCG for the rest of its lifetime. I remember people asking on the forums about other versions and they were sooo sure it was going to come out in other plataforms but they're comfortable on tablet. Then again, their figure lineup turned out to be pretty poor after the first wave, imho, so unfortunately I don't think that part of their art direction is very strong.
---
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#30567 Posted: 18:06:05 02/11/2017
Lightseekers just came out at an unfortunate time. If it came out 2011-2013, it'd have better success. Unfortunately, it came out at a time when toys-to-life is dying. A shame really.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:06:50 02/11/2017 by JCW555
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#30568 Posted: 18:06:33 02/11/2017
i'll buy up the LD minifigs i wanted when they go on clearance
#30569 Posted: 18:09:04 02/11/2017
I always saw Lightseekers as sort of a lost cause, tbh. Art style was eh, game-play looked bland and plain, and it just came way to late. Surprised they didn't realize it before hand. Maybe they thought that, since DI died and Skylanders wasn't doing to hot, they'd get their chance and nail it.
---
#30570 Posted: 18:36:16 02/11/2017
Their art style is great, but just compare the playable characters to cards. Spoilering because big pictures.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Now that it's all over Artstation we know the card art and its characters by extension were outsourced, but believe me ingame it's much worse than just those pictures. As soon as I saw that badly drawn opening cutscene and the sheer lack of self awareness with the first hour of gameplay(the evil evil umbron are evil. Oh, you want to know what are these hero characters getting introduced left and right? Nah) I just gave up on the game.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:36:47 02/11/2017 by Bifrost
#30571 Posted: 19:24:17 02/11/2017
In Lightseekers' defence though, the Open Access is free to play so people can demo it before committing to Starter Packs, which is one good thing I can say about it (and perhaps all I can; my phone doesn't run it too good). However those packs are very expensive and the additional content like weapons is just too damn much (£15 for a sword? Are you having a laugh?). The TCG looks interesting enough though, but there's all kinds of brand new card games coming left and right on Kickstarter that'll likely engulf Lightseekers.

There's also Ubisoft's Starlink which looks decent. The way it uses the Switch Controller for the toys was neat! But besides that I don't know much else.

I had signed up to join the Closed Alpha of another Toys to Life game that boasted reposable figures and interchangable parts, and had a lot of emphasis on robots. Does anyone recall the name? Unless it was just some kind of MMO without the TTL, I forget.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:26:04 02/11/2017 by Johnbonne
#30572 Posted: 19:42:02 02/11/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Their art style is great, but just compare the playable characters to cards. Spoilering because big pictures.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Now that it's all over Artstation we know the card art and its characters by extension were outsourced, but believe me ingame it's much worse than just those pictures. As soon as I saw that badly drawn opening cutscene and the sheer lack of self awareness with the first hour of gameplay(the evil evil umbron are evil. Oh, you want to know what are these hero characters getting introduced left and right? Nah) I just gave up on the game.

Ambush is that you ? Are you ok because you are looking HORRIBLE !!

I don’t really see light seekers becoming a successful thing TBH.
I don’t know why , but there isn’t anything interesting about it that makes me want to even bother
trying it out.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:42:56 02/11/2017 by KingMed
#30573 Posted: 19:47:28 02/11/2017
Ironbark makes no sense as a design or a character. He's just busy for the sake of busy, and he looks far more humanoid than the other ent characters shamelessly so he fits into the pegs. At least Zyrus still keeps the aesthetics and... Ugh... Boulder is a sorta fun shape.
---
#30574 Posted: 20:07:05 02/11/2017
Blegh, those character designs don't look great.
---
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#30575 Posted: 20:41:17 02/11/2017
Quote: fairyland
There is still Lightseekers Awakening. Then again I don't think anyone has touched the display of those at my local TRU and I have doubts they'll make any further figures. I'm interested in them but they seem about 50% too pricey for my tastes. Plus I really would like that on a PS4 and not a mobile platform. I'll probably get it though when it goes on liquidation like I did with Sick Bricks.

Lightseekers is a mobile game that should have released earlier. The art style is kinda bad, and gameplay is very boring. Also, it's on mobile. Outside of Asia, mobile games are considered trash that runs terribly, and are riddled with microtransactions, and just don't have a good reputation. Besides, it's a dying genre, the TTL concept.
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
#30576 Posted: 21:42:24 02/11/2017
apologize for this not being related to Skylanders but.......yeah.....it seems that COD is no longer Acti's most important/number one franchise
http://host.madison.com/busine...484bdc114e.html
Edit: ugh. I hate the mobile version of DS. The spoiler always messes up. Sorry about that :/
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:44:34 02/11/2017 by SkyFan91
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#30577 Posted: 23:34:08 03/11/2017
Anyone else find it weird that Lightseekers and Skylanders have the exact same color and somewhat-similar symbol for their Tech element?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
#30578 Posted: 23:42:55 03/11/2017
Orange is for bronze and copper, cogs represent technology. Just like yellow is for light, and green is for plants.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:43:20 03/11/2017 by Bifrost
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#30579 Posted: 23:51:05 03/11/2017
Okay, I understand now! Thank you!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
#30580 Posted: 23:10:09 04/11/2017
So today VV did a charity stream for Crash. Few interesting things came along with it.
Taun from VV animated Kaos's super Saiyan transformation.
Taun was one of the people who came up with Glumshanks sacrificing himself in Superchargers.
I got to talk to some of the play testers of Roller Brawl, Trap Shadow, etc.

And then something interesting.

95% of the devs at VV DO NOT like classic Spyro whatsoever. (They also hate WOC and Twinsanity)

This supposed Spyro remaster doesn't look too good for people who want it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:10:35 04/11/2017 by SkyFan91
#30581 Posted: 23:33:25 04/11/2017
No questions on Skylanders future?
---
#30582 Posted: 23:48:11 04/11/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
No questions on Skylanders future?

I asked about that. It was expected that they couldn't say anything on future titles. Same goes for Crash, Destiny, etc
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#30583 Posted: 00:48:57 05/11/2017
Well, that saddens me a bit, but still means barely nothing:

- V.V. aren't necessarily the ones who will work on the Spyro remakes;
- they would still have to do it, if Activision "asks" them: not exactly sure of these things work, but I think developers can't simply say "no" to a request from their company.

But hey, we still don't even know if they are going to be made, sooooo...

Not surprised about them not saying anything about Skylanders.
Not at all.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#30584 Posted: 07:36:33 05/11/2017
I'm a tad shocked that none of the guys over at VV like Spyro, but that's just another reason why I'd rather they not do it. I've yet to see a good game that the devs hated making from start to finish (or worse, were bored making), besides Manhunt. But as Drek suggested it could be part of their contract to make whatever Activision say. I'll still treat this as though we're not getting a Spyro remaster/other Spyro game at any point though.

As for Skylanders' future a hint would've been welcome, but again, contractual obligations and NDAs. Oh well. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:38:50 05/11/2017 by Johnbonne
#30585 Posted: 11:40:03 05/11/2017
Oh, yeah, forgot to say that knowing that makes me hope they won't be the ones behind the remakes even more (thanks for reminding me, Johnbonne).
Don't know why they don't like the Classic titles, but could make a few guesses based on their games' gameplay and style.

They were amazing for Crash, don't think they could do just as well with Spyro.
And I'd really want his games to shine.

I'm more shocked they didn't like Twinsanity, though: seems a lot more like a title they would develop even down to the humor, and I personally consider it to be one of the best Crash games, probably the one which managed to keep the classic feel while making everything else feel fresh.
Guess they simply prefer more straightforward old-school platformers.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:40:48 05/11/2017 by Drek95
#30586 Posted: 12:44:34 05/11/2017
Did they say why they disliked Classic Spyro?
---
#30587 Posted: 13:13:56 05/11/2017
Quote: Drek95
Oh, yeah, forgot to say that knowing that makes me hope they won't be the ones behind the remakes even more (thanks for reminding me, Johnbonne).
Don't know why they don't like the Classic titles, but could make a few guesses based on their games' gameplay and style.

They were amazing for Crash, don't think they could do just as well with Spyro.
And I'd really want his games to shine.

I'm more shocked they didn't like Twinsanity, though: seems a lot more like a title they would develop even down to the humor, and I personally consider it to be one of the best Crash games, probably the one which managed to keep the classic feel while making everything else feel fresh.
Guess they simply prefer more straightforward old-school platformers.

Some of their team members might be into the legend series because isn’t the comic writer the one who referenced The legend series and included Malefor in the comics a part of V.V team.

I’m not really sure correct me if I’m wrong.
#30588 Posted: 13:18:44 05/11/2017
David included Malefor because he read the Skylander backstories and thought it was interesting, he went for LOS later I believe since TFB's writers worked on it.
---
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#30589 Posted: 08:24:50 06/11/2017
VV probably just prefers linear platforming over open world platforming.
---
Boop me if you see this.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#30590 Posted: 09:58:46 06/11/2017
I find that really weird that VV doesn't like the old Spyro games, even though there's a lot of people out there who compare both games together, really unusual to hear. But on the other hand, I'm not really into the Crash games myself so there's that I suppose.

And another fact that's odd is that you don't normally hear any negativity from developers about other video games series' too.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:59:50 06/11/2017 by SuperSpyroFan
L Cynder Platinum Sparx Gems: 5744
#30591 Posted: 12:48:51 06/11/2017
So most of Vicarious Visions doesn't like Classic Spyro, huh? If that really is the case, maybe someone should update the winkipedia page containing Spyro series and maybe the Spyro wiki too that a Classic Spyro remaster now seems unlikely since Most of Vicarious visions doesn't like Classic Spyro?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyro_(series)#Future Maybe I can do it?
---
favs smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#30592 Posted: 13:11:37 06/11/2017
Quote: L Cynder
So most of Vicarious Visions doesn't like Classic Spyro, huh? If that really is the case, maybe someone should update the winkipedia page containing Spyro series and maybe the Spyro wiki too that a Classic Spyro remaster now seems unlikely since Most of Vicarious visions doesn't like Classic Spyro?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyro_(series)#Future Maybe I can do it?

That's not Wikipedia worth information, we'd need to hear is officially from Activision.
---
#30593 Posted: 13:12:54 06/11/2017
Again, since when are V.V. the only option when it comes to developing remakes for Activision...?
As of now they haven't even been confirmed to be worked on, but I'm pretty sure the big bosses would find ways to create the remakes if they truly wanted to.

And given the success of N.Sane Trilogy I'd say that's highly likely.

After all, Crash' remakes came out so well exactly because of the passion and dedication behind them; for a software house which dislikes Classic Spyro there are probably dozens who couldn't wait to put their hands on them with the exact same energy.

Have to say I'm glad V.V.'s expressed their true opinions on the Classic games, instead of lying just because it's Spyro and it needs to be loved by everyone.
That almost makes up for their terrible tastes. /s
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:14:11 06/11/2017 by Drek95
#30594 Posted: 13:27:32 06/11/2017
Quote: L Cynder

If you know exactly what the developers said and can source it, go ahead. But something stated casually on a stream that only one person here was witness to and is/could be paraphrasing makes the edit very questionable. Wikipedia staff would probably edit it out in a heartbeat until you can provide proof. No offence of course, at least it's something. But that's not Wikipedia are interested in.

Even then, VV are not the only developers available and Spyro's history is laden with people doing single titles. Remember who made Enter the Dragonfly? A thousand monkeys at a thousand typewriters come to mind. smilie
#30595 Posted: 22:47:08 06/11/2017
Turns out V.V. also said during the live they aren't going to develop remake or remasters anytime soon.
Maybe this is a bit more significant than simply them not liking Classic Spyro, doubt they would lie about something so vague.
They also apparently admitted to prefer linear levels, which would explain why they disliked Twinsanity and the aforementioned games.

I'd gladly link the source, if you want, but it's from an italian Crash forum and I don't think it would be that useful.

An user there also said something which I completely agree with: V.V. for Crash, TfB for Spyro.
I know they (or at least part of them) are busy with Star Control as of now, but I would love if they could handle his franchise from now on.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:48:59 06/11/2017 by Drek95
#30596 Posted: 23:25:06 06/11/2017
Well TFB set out to do a Spyro game before Acti decided to mash the IP with their TTL idea, they probably could try once more with something already done like the classics.
Assuming there's any of the Skylanders team left.
---
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#30597 Posted: 23:37:52 06/11/2017
Source? Because here we only see SkyFan91's testimony...

Anyway, VV openly saying they hate "the competition" (Traveller's Tale at the time)... sounds absurdly uprofessional and thus hard to believe to me, to be honest.

Anyway, as far as we know, some staff from TfB are the ones that might be behind the Spyro remake right now, not VV (do you remember that "super secret" project on Unreal 4?).
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:41:22 06/11/2017 by Halvmorke
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#30598 Posted: 23:43:48 06/11/2017
Own man how am I gonna get my TwinSanity thingy now
---
Bruh
#30599 Posted: 23:44:07 06/11/2017
Source on the development of Skylanders: There's a really old GDC talk for the game, don't think I have the link for it atm though, but it must be easy to find.

Source on Skylanders team not being there: Several devs of TFB left/were laid off after August or even earlier, including character designer Jeff Murchie. This can be found in the portfolios or Artstation pages of the ones that posted their work on the series, though a few seem to be still working there.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:45:14 06/11/2017 by Bifrost
First | Previous | Page 612 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 610 611 612 613 614 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me