darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 608 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 606 607 608 609 610 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#30351 Posted: 04:57:08 05/10/2017
Quote: SkyFan91
Since this is spoilers just a thought what if
Strykore
is the villain for Sky 7?

well for start we should hope to have sky7, and if there will be then i hope that strykore will be the villain. they are limits of how many time kaos can be the villain.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:20:39 16/10/2017 by Buuzer
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#30352 Posted: 19:50:18 06/10/2017
Quote: Blue Gaudreau
This is a test

Can you imagine a Skylanders Academy game?

That's one of the more clever ways to setup a "reboot"

Use voice actors and characters from the show along with the "atmosphere" of the show. The atmosphere of Sklyanders really dried out several years ago as cut scenes were typically villain dependent. That idea could really hit pay dirt.

Won't happen though.
- Unreall
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#30353 Posted: 19:54:52 06/10/2017
With the plot Season 2 has? I'd be super down with that, though it'd sacrifice a good chunk of people's favorite Skylanders to develop just the existing ones plus whoever else they can add.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#30354 Posted: 21:54:44 06/10/2017
or any skylanders game that explores the plot of the series better than VV did would be cool. academy s2 stuff would be AMAZING with a t rated game lmao.
#30355 Posted: 00:23:43 07/10/2017
Also ok, if we get an Academy game, even if they cut and paste upgrade paths... (spoilers for this season)

Can we please get a new Soul Gem for Hex where she turns into this looker and attack/stuns everyone in range? Cuz I really liked this lore.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:24:01 07/10/2017 by Bifrost
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#30356 Posted: 03:46:29 07/10/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Also ok, if we get an Academy game, even if they cut and paste upgrade paths... (spoilers for this season)

Can we please get a new Soul Gem for Hex where she turns into this looker and attack/stuns everyone in range? Cuz I really liked this lore.

I also liked spyro's new shield they can give him that and make him fly by double tapping by the jump button .
#30357 Posted: 05:17:33 07/10/2017
other ideas for a possible academy game (spoilers here btw)

new power for jet vac where he throws blue magic eggs

new combo for stealth elf where she uses the blade from the vault in S2E4

new charge move for eruptor where he freezes the area around him, but it cuts like 1/4th of his max hp

sprocket soul gem that's the green wrench slam thingy like LUCIO'S ULT HELLO

Hex AOE zombie-bomb thing bifrost mentioned

#30358 Posted: 11:52:15 07/10/2017
Didn't Sprocket always have the AoE slam?
---
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#30359 Posted: 12:02:39 07/10/2017
Didn't Sprocket always have the AoE slam?

I don't think so
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#30360 Posted: 18:34:48 07/10/2017
Nah, she could just throw five mines at once at the end of a combo.
---
Soon.
GillGrunt4Ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1681
#30361 Posted: 23:38:17 07/10/2017
Yo dudes, it's been a while since I've been here! I went to TRU the other day and got 10 new Skylanders, 'cause I got a deal where 8 of them were free. All of a sudden, here I am, back into Skylanders again! smilie smilie And I'm about to start Season 2 of Academy.
---
Check out my new FanFic, Skylanders: Civil War!
smilie smilie
#30362 Posted: 13:00:37 09/10/2017
Yeah I'm still chewing through the series, wSa watching it with my son, fell asleep, and he finished it with out me. That sprocket slam was definitely something she could have used.

As for cutting back on skylanders, if the series does return, it will have to change shape or die. I really think they will go down the Amiibo 'Card' route if they don't just do it digital, next time. There are too many benefits for everyone.

Going one of those two routes will be cheaper - for everyone, instead of production of hand painted toys that could sit on shelves, they are shot out a machine. With Cards, they could be tied into a Battlecast like card game. They could be updated seasonally, just like say Pokemon cards. Shipping is easier, and stores can carry them without dedicating the retail space. They can be TRADED, while not initially great for Acti - this is osmething that they could find a way to exploit...especially if tied into a card game, something they've obviously been toying around with between the side game and eventually Battlecast. If they go digital, they could map everything to an account, creating ways to unlock variants via activity or season/holiday. The account could be tied to multiple different and different TYPEs of skylander games as well.

And best of all - the risk is marginalized.
- Unreall
#30363 Posted: 13:58:25 09/10/2017
I think cards were one of the Spyro's Kingdom concepts. They work but like the Amiibo stuff it's crazy easy to pirate.
---
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#30364 Posted: 15:28:10 09/10/2017
I think cards were one of the Spyro's Kingdom concepts. They work but like the Amiibo stuff it's crazy easy to pirate.

Do stores take Amiibo cards and re-sell them like Amiibo or Skylander figures? It could be that Activision may want to take even more preventative measure against used sales/second-hand copies, as that's how I've got most of my figures and I'm sure a great many other players. With so many being so cheap, the newer ones are less appealing and possibly need gimmicks to make up for it.

Interesting that you mention Spyro Kingdom using the card system though. I'll look into that further. smilie
#30365 Posted: 16:12:25 09/10/2017
I think it's just a random sentence in their summary of development until the toy part, there isn't much on it.

They don't even need preowned, you can get the NFC data online and put it into any chip, then into a card. That's how people got the BOTW amiibo armor ahead of time.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:12:38 09/10/2017 by Bifrost
#30366 Posted: 17:47:21 09/10/2017
Oh I do the amiibo thing HARD, but that's Nintendo's fault. It has nothing to do with ease or directly cost, it has to do with the function of the Amiibos being a complete and utter JOKE. I have a huge portion of the amiibos through the Wii U timeframe as physical toys, but by the time the Switch launched, it wsa evident that Nintendo had no CLUE what to do with Amiibos and it was a pure cash grab. I've spent easly hundreds of dollars on figures for say Smash Bros, yet I STILL have to buy the DLC, and all they do is act like a CPU...that I can just select in game anyways? KICK ROCKS.

So for BoTW, eventually I went in and got the NFC chips and did it that way, I can't stomach giving them anymore money for Amiibos until they function more like skylanders - physical DLC. I've never even TRIED to emulate a skylander toy, as I felt the only reason I wasn't getting my money's worth was because I went overboard and bought most of the stuff, so there was more toy than content to go through. It's GREAT for that kid or family that buys several figures per game, but those of us who buy up most of the stuff are left with characters who may only be level 4 and you've beaten the game.

I'm not going to pretend like piracy and second hand market isn't an issue, the second hand market makes it hard to clear the shelves of older figures, but like almost ALL things pirated or resold, it can be traced back to issues created by the maker. Older figures sit on shelves because there has never been a need for them. Each entry made the old entry's associated figures weaker, as a way to push the new figures. My old favorites were Prism Break and Drobot, but both of them are "cheeks" now. And Piracy en masse - rears its head when something isn't in alignment. People only go out of there way when they feels its a better option. Once streaming music found a way to be successful, sure you still have your pirates, but the numbers have shrunk MASSIVELY, and I say this as someone who pirated with the best of them. To my knowledge it wasn't bad in this series, but i it was, it would be tied to two things, figure release schedule/availability, and cost. Face facts, does skylanders look like it takes more to make tha any other AAA game? No. Those sell for $60 at launch. skylanders sells for more than that. They can sight the hardware and figures as a reason, and thats "OK", but then the figures are expensive in general. 4 of the "gimmick"-landers will set you back the cost of a BRAND NEW GAME. And by the looks of the sales, that is mostly driven by profit/greed - not reality. The chips are less than a dollar...at their bulk rates, they are likely less than 25 cents each. The figures themselves aren't special compared to other hand painted toys that sell for a lot less, in the realms of less than $5 and STILL make profit. Character development? Well balancing isn't an expensive part of the equation as there is no real PvP. character models aren't so ridiculously detailed that they blow the development cost of the game out the water. and the stuff gets reused. Like they could most likely sell the figures for half the cost and still make profit. Its their prerogative to sell at the prices they do, but when cost get to that level, its understandable WHY people would bootleg.
- Unreall
#30367 Posted: 20:26:13 09/10/2017
I think if Skylanders held high past TT, we'd definately see more piracy, but people didn't care. I remember in the SSA days that people were actively trying to find out how to stick it to Activision and they were fighting back. Now we have the yearly post from Matteo, maybe some tweaks to the backup tool, nothing else.
---
#30368 Posted: 13:05:27 10/10/2017
I think if Skylanders held high past TT, we'd definately see more piracy, but people didn't care. I remember in the SSA days that people were actively trying to find out how to stick it to Activision and they were fighting back. Now we have the yearly post from Matteo, maybe some tweaks to the backup tool, nothing else.

I was interested a little at one point, but that was driven by the second hand cost of Ghost Roaster at the time, and waiting for characters to be released, both of which strike to my original point...reasonable availability, whether options are limited by cost (he was going for $40+ at the time, his set was going for up to $75) or availability (Wave 4.5 or when it was difficult to get say Ninjini). There was a 3rd and 4th reason though - being bitten by the "terrible skylander" bug, and changing powers. You know, when you buy a character and they turn out to suck? The goat guy in Imaginators is one of the best looking in the entry, I WANT to play him, but he just isn't fun. Snaggletooth was them meshing Bash & Wrecking Ball, but missing the personality of Wrecking Ball and the damage/viability of Bash. After enough of those, you start wanting to test some of the 'Landers. Similar to that is testing moves and synergy, you end up sometimes wanting to wipe a lander, just so you can level them up with the other path.

They did work on some of this, but not enough. Figure prices continued to go up, the states still don't have or are just getting Ro Bo - not some collector thing, literally a level pack, a clothing pack, and new character. The elite characters could do path switching if I recall, but I was working on some characters this weekend, and once they were locked into a moveset I knew nothing about, they were locked. The displays hardly ever seem to work after Wave 2 for the game, so good luck seeing new characters without looking through youtube. And since they never ever made ap oint to make old characters still worthwhile to have, the second hand market got FLOODED.

Sigh...
-Unreall
#30369 Posted: 13:38:53 10/10/2017
Only Series+ and Imaginators can switch, no one else unless you have the PM Power in Superchargers.

Adding to the stuff I said, Imaginators also didn't get an article at The Cutting Room Floor either. That game is brimming with cut content(an artist's footage even has King Pen's old design) but again, no one cares, no one even tries to dig up some working names or something.

But figures, no figures, cards, whatever, I just wish the series would survive, but try as the devs tried, the people who left are never coming back unless it's a reboot that kicks previous entries out of the field, Season 2 of Academy unfortunately proved that. Be it distrusting Acti or siding with the hatedom.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:39:38 10/10/2017 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#30370 Posted: 13:46:52 10/10/2017
That reminds me, on the people leaving, is I-Wei still at TfB? He isn't present in any of TfB's twitter pictures, but I know he's not camera shy.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#30371 Posted: 16:05:58 10/10/2017
I don't have an answer to that, but I can answer you on Paul.

He's working on a new Star Control game. I'm happy for him... But that's a main title, not a side project. If the head of TFB is no longer in Skylanders... Can't say I have any hopes left.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:09:09 10/10/2017 by Bifrost
#30372 Posted: 16:53:55 10/10/2017

He's working on a new Star Control game. I'm happy for him... But that's a main title, not a side project. If the head of TFB is no longer in Skylanders... Can't say I have any hopes left.

Wait, so that's what they've been working on? When was that announced?

And we still have VV to look towards. If we get a new Skylanders game, odds are that it'd be from them.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#30373 Posted: 17:00:19 10/10/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

And we still have VV to look towards. If we get a new Skylanders game, odds are that it'd be from them.

Yeah, but their remake of Crash Bandicoot did so well, that I full on expect them to do something similar with say Spyro's adventure...
- Unreall
#30374 Posted: 17:04:28 10/10/2017
https://dogarandkazon.squarespace.com/

VV is still saddled with Destiny 2 and Crash. I know I'm being pessimistic, but... No. This and all the Artstation posts on how Imaginators had so much outsourcing, a good chunk of level artists of TFB are all out of a job or already elsewhere, I see no evidence against the game not being dead with Academy being the last part hanging. Only thing left is that their character modeler lists her job as still active in there.

In fact... I avoided that out of fear. Jeff Murchie is no longer there either, nearly same month as the level artists.

edit: if things weren't lovely enough, someone got the Skylanders and Academy tag searches nuked on Instagram. Good luck seeing newer posts.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:52:46 10/10/2017 by Bifrost
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#30375 Posted: 19:16:33 10/10/2017

Yep. I expect VV to be doing the next one. Especially considering that interview my friends found a couple months back.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#30376 Posted: 19:40:17 10/10/2017

Yep. I expect VV to be doing the next one. Especially considering that interview my friends found a couple months back.

Yes that "interview" that totally happened
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#30377 Posted: 19:41:46 10/10/2017
Welp I can already tell this will be going downhill quickly so... yeah
---
Soon.
#30378 Posted: 19:43:28 10/10/2017
Emerald no one here is arguing what are you talking about?
#30379 Posted: 19:59:08 10/10/2017
Just saying that there’s a good chance of an argument happening with the whole “interview” thing.
---
Soon.
#30380 Posted: 20:13:15 10/10/2017
What interview?
---
#30381 Posted: 21:15:50 10/10/2017
What interview?

Talking about it here isn't the best idea since it'll just start a flame war. I'll DM you about it
#30382 Posted: 22:47:35 10/10/2017
Look guys whining about first world problems gets things to happen sometimes

Don't do it tho being spoiled is for chumps

https://www.amazon.com/Skyland.../dp/1608879542/

New previews of the Portal Master handbook! Also the Instagram tags were restored. It's still copypasted from other books though, as far as we can see.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:49:48 10/10/2017 by Bifrost
#30383 Posted: 23:21:04 10/10/2017
so i guess sir hoodington is more canon than i thought
#30384 Posted: 23:22:57 10/10/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
so i guess sir hoodington is more canon than i thought

Sir cannonington
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#30385 Posted: 01:38:06 11/10/2017
Welp. No more Figures, Cards, or T-Shirts.
Its literally just gone.
I DIDNT GET MY CHANCE TO SAVE ALL THE CARDS OF MY IMAGINATORS TO MY PHONE AGFHGFGJDA'
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#30386 Posted: 02:35:39 11/10/2017
Quote: Luminous35
Welp. No more Figures, Cards, or T-Shirts.
Its literally just gone.
I DIDNT GET MY CHANCE TO SAVE ALL THE CARDS OF MY IMAGINATORS TO MY PHONE AGFHGFGJDA'

Werent the failures limited time only? Or were they always available for purchase
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#30387 Posted: 10:42:15 11/10/2017
Well yes, but I figured they stopped a while ago. I didn't think they would completely disappear smilie
I'm just salty because I'm stuck using the unaccurate pictures in the creator app... -.-
Lmao Im waiting for the App to even be gone at this rate.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#30388 Posted: 13:08:37 11/10/2017
Quote: Luminous35
Well yes, but I figured they stopped a while ago. I didn't think they would completely disappear smilie
I'm just salty because I'm stuck using the unaccurate pictures in the creator app... -.-
Lmao Im waiting for the App to even be gone at this rate.

It would make sense to follow the faith of the other mobile games.
#30389 Posted: 13:28:37 11/10/2017
LI is getting axed because of a major glitch tho. It was in maintenance mode for year but now most people can't actually open it, so no use keeping it up.
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#30390 Posted: 02:08:24 12/10/2017
LI is getting axed because of a major glitch tho. It was in maintenance mode for year but now most people can't actually open it, so no use keeping it up.

The latest IOS version probably hosed Lost Islands, I think it disallowed 32 bit apps. I haven't touched it in ages, I pretty much maxed out everything that could be done in it and they never updated after late Trap Team (Gnarly Barkley was never added, but the rest of Trap Team was in there). It was a fun time waster, particularly if you avoided buying gems - that just made it easy mode. Although given having Skylanders to input codes also kind of gave you a big leg up as well, so it isn't like not spending money on the game.
#30391 Posted: 12:34:07 12/10/2017
I thought it was just me who had issues.

I'm still peeved at apple for that update. I understand them wanting to trim the eco-system, but there are a LOT of niche programs that I use for making music, that don't get real support anymore, but are still valuable to me. I don't care that they aren't 64-bit, I don't care that they are maintained, they created sounds and let me do things other apps currently don't
- Unreall
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#30392 Posted: 13:27:39 12/10/2017
Quote: Unreallystic
I thought it was just me who had issues.

I'm still peeved at apple for that update. I understand them wanting to trim the eco-system, but there are a LOT of niche programs that I use for making music, that don't get real support anymore, but are still valuable to me. I don't care that they aren't 64-bit, I don't care that they are maintained, they created sounds and let me do things other apps currently don't
- Unreall

It really isn't that complex to make them 64bit. You just recompile with some different switches. The only issue is testing. Send the devs a message for your apps, some might be willing to do it. Lost Islands won't get upgraded because they are shutting down servers in November anyways. And by enforcing it in the OS, it makes the OS code a lot easier to maintain and has the added benefit of pushing people off older models.

I did my last collection for nostalgia sake last night and took some screenshots of my kingdom, then upgraded iOS and Lost Islands no longer works. Fun while it lasted.
#30393 Posted: 14:26:35 12/10/2017
LI also had no staff for years(pretty sure their artist also moved on to SC and then left), so it's a miracle it worked for this long with no updates. But yeah, it's a shame there's no way to conserve this game since we got the warning after it stopped working for both iOS and Android. I have a few pictures but I don't think some characters have footage of their animations on youtube.
---
#30394 Posted: 15:32:19 12/10/2017
https://www.gamasutra.com/view..._THE_FUTURE.php This mentions Skylanders being highlighted at a booth?

Also they updated their copyright thing (not sure what to call this)

© 2017 Activision Publishing, Inc. Activision, Call of Duty, Call of Duty WWII, Skylanders and Crash Bandicoot are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc.
#30395 Posted: 16:00:34 12/10/2017
https://www.gamasutra.com/view..._THE_FUTURE.php This mentions Skylanders being highlighted at a booth?

© 2017 Activision Publishing, Inc. Activision, Call of Duty, Call of Duty WWII, Skylanders and Crash Bandicoot are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc.

probably just academy merch. when is this event again?
#30396 Posted: 16:05:03 12/10/2017

Not sure. First time I'm hearing about this event.
#30397 Posted: 16:12:36 12/10/2017
Just Academy merch is damn good,where is my furry Bad Breath plushie

no really in one of the episodes someone mentions that his weird flaps are fur
---
#30398 Posted: 17:49:03 12/10/2017
GIVE ACADEMY MERCH PLZ
---
#30399 Posted: 17:53:26 12/10/2017
Just Academy merch is damn good,where is my furry Bad Breath plushie

no really in one of the episodes someone mentions that his weird flaps are fur

i'd buy this
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#30400 Posted: 00:24:53 13/10/2017

The 9th to 11th October, so it's already over.
"will continue to highlight Skylanders" could just be them reminding people that it still exists, otherwise I imagine we'd have heard something about if more companies picked up product licences already... Or maybe they do and no one, not even Acti, decided to mention it, I dunno.
First | Previous | Page 608 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 606 607 608 609 610 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me