darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 597 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 595 596 597 598 599 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#29801 Posted: 00:49:17 15/08/2017
Also, here's a fun fact:

You know how if you rapid fire enemies with Spy Rise they start to slow down and then freeze? It works with the final boss, as in you can freeze Kaos. I just did it and it made the whole thing super glitchy. It was actually really fun.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#29802 Posted: 00:52:01 15/08/2017
Spy Rise, OP as heck as always.
---
Soon.
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#29803 Posted: 00:57:03 15/08/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: ZapNorris
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Uh, you can't post that....

I mean I know it's not yours, but still.

huh???

That's from the SF art book and VV doesn't like it then people post pictures from the book.

Is this from instagram?

Don't you mean superchargers? That's the book he got
#29804 Posted: 00:57:03 15/08/2017
Quote: Blue Gaudreau
Quote: Chompy-King257
Also, here's a fun fact:

You know how if you rapid fire enemies with Spy Rise they start to slow down and then freeze? It works with the final boss, as in you can freeze Kaos. I just did it and it made the whole thing super glitchy. It was actually really fun.

What attack was that?

If you just hold his first attack button.
---
Dark35 Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#29805 Posted: 02:13:12 15/08/2017
I have been gone for like... A year. What has happened?
---
Buckshot is fluffy bae.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#29806 Posted: 02:48:52 15/08/2017
Quote: Dark35
I have been gone for like... A year. What has happened?

we're dead in the ****ing ground
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#29807 Posted: 03:16:46 15/08/2017
1. Skylanders Imaginators sold terribly and now the series appears to have gone on indefinite hiatus.

2. The cartoon tie-in, Skylanders Academy, did really well and has at least two more seasons planned (despite Activision's efforts to cancel it).

3. Two new Adventure Packs have been patched into the game. One of them still hasn't released in the US despite releasing in other countries months ago. Most people have given up hope.

4. Imaginators released on the Switch, with some changes made to accommodate its portability. It presumably sold poorly as well.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#29808 Posted: 13:46:50 15/08/2017
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Imaginators only sold terribly by Activision's standards, though it certainly didn't sell as well as the other entries.
Call of Duty didn't sell enough for them as well, if I remember correctly.

Can't blame them, just pointing it out.

Exactly like I'd like to pint out that it's probably its' predecessor's fault if he didn't do well.
I personally think it's the same which happened to Trap Team (along with other issues), but SWAP Force definitely isn't comparable to SuperChargers.
Kids who got to play more with their vehicles than their Skylanders might not have wanted to spend their money on the frachise again, this year.

I think the series just needs to pick up from where Imaginators left, possibly dropping the toys aspect.
More virtual characters, maybe the possibility to digitally unlock the exsistent ones and then just create a great adventure with tons of content.
No gimmick needed, just a fun and engaging game like SA and Giants managed to be.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#29809 Posted: 15:03:04 15/08/2017
Quote: Drek95
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Imaginators only sold terribly by Activision's standards, though it certainly didn't sell as well as the other entries.

Exactly like I'd like to pint out that it's probably its' predecessor's fault if he didn't do well.
I personally think it's the same which happened to Trap Team (along with other issues), but SWAP Force definitely isn't comparable to SuperChargers.
Kids who got to play more with their vehicles than their Skylanders might not have wanted to spend their money on the frachise again, this year.

I think the series just needs to pick up from where Imaginators left, possibly dropping the toys aspect.
More virtual characters, maybe the possibility to digitally unlock the exsistent ones and then just create a great adventure with tons of content.
No gimmick needed, just a fun and engaging game like SA and Giants managed to be.

It would be cool toys or not I'm staying with the series
Also I wonder how well Skylanders would've been without superchargers

You mean without trap team. Trap team is what caused SC to underperform due to all the greed that Acti made TFB put into trap team
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#29810 Posted: 16:00:58 15/08/2017
Quote: SkyFan91

You mean without trap team. Trap team is what caused SC to underperform due to all the greed that Acti made TFB put into trap team

I kind of agree...During the trap team era I have bought a bunch of trap masters that I didn't like ( 22 Bucks for each trap master ) just so I can access traptinum gates and traps were quites expensive in my country each crystal coasted about 49 QR which is almost 14 bucks for a crystal !!!....There we're just too many things to get and it's hard for collectors to get every single character from that era.
I don't actually get every character i just get the ones that I like , but still I couldn't even get half of the
Ones that I like smilie
#29811 Posted: 17:02:17 15/08/2017

I'd disagree.

While Trap Team had its fair amount of problems (Traptanium Elemental Gates, PvP being removed, bad distribution) I think SWAP Force is the one to blame for the downfall of the series.

It's simple logic: I play a game, I like it, I buy the following one (which is why sales kept growing up to the third installment); I play a sequel, I don't like it, I may decide to stop investing in the series.
Of course I'm sure there are customers who didn't buy Trap Team simply because they weren't interested in it but look at Imaginators: I think being the follow up to SuperChargers contributed to its low sales.

Let alone the fact that I still can't understand how it's surprising that a Skylanders game focused around vehicles failed.
Seemed pretty obvious since the announcement, to me.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#29812 Posted: 17:28:52 15/08/2017
You mean SC,then. SF and TT had the most sales.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#29813 Posted: 17:41:08 15/08/2017
It's simple logic: I play a game, I like it, I buy the following one (which is why sales kept growing up to the third installment); I play a sequel, I don't like it, I may decide to stop investing in the series.
Of course I'm sure there are customers who didn't buy Trap Team simply because they weren't interested in it but look at Imaginators: I think being the follow up to SuperChargers contributed to its low sales.

Let alone the fact that I still can't understand how it's surprising that a Skylanders game focused around vehicles failed.

You are missing one important factor in your logic. Skylanders is a kid's game. The vast majority sell to kids. Kids that were into Skylanders (like my oldest son) aged out of wanting to play it. He never even played Imaginators this year, he is into other things. He simply grew up. My youngest son never got into the game much at all. So this year it was just me, and I had fun with it.

Kid fads move on incredibly fast. And just because a fad appeals to one generation, it may not to their younger siblings that watched them play all this time. It wasn't just the vehicles, it wasn't just a poor iteration of the game - it was just time.
#29814 Posted: 18:00:13 15/08/2017
Quote: Bifrost
You mean SC,then. SF and TT had the most sales.

Technically yes, but Trap Team was still the first game to sell less than its predecessor.
Things only got worse after SuperChargers, but the dowfall begun after the third chapter, and I'm convinced Trap Team isn't the only one to blame for that.

Quote: defpally

You are missing one important factor in your logic. Skylanders is a kid's game. The vast majority sell to kids. Kids that were into Skylanders (like my oldest son) aged out of wanting to play it. He never even played Imaginators this year, he is into other things. He simply grew up. My youngest son never got into the game much at all. So this year it was just me, and I had fun with it.

Kid fads move on incredibly fast. And just because a fad appeals to one generation, it may not to their younger siblings that watched them play all this time. It wasn't just the vehicles, it wasn't just a poor iteration of the game - it was just time.

That's also very true, a loss of interest had to be expected: this franchise combine both videogames and toys, the latter of which tend to have such low-request periods, and it's mainly aimed at kids.

The fact is there will always be new kids, whether they just entered the target demographic or simply weren't interested in the games until now, so what Activision should do is remember they have a grown up audience while still keeping the focus on the younger one.
Again, games are fine in my book, but they have to change what surrounds them starting from the marketing and distribution.

And maybe also give us release dates in case they want to continue with the toys, thank you. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#29815 Posted: 19:10:18 15/08/2017
That's also very true, a loss of interest had to be expected: this franchise combine both videogames and toys, the latter of which tend to have such low-request periods, and it's mainly aimed at kids.

The fact is there will always be new kids, whether they just entered the target demographic or simply weren't interested in the games until now, so what Activision should do is remember they have a grown up audience while still keeping the focus on the younger one.
Again, games are fine in my book, but they have to change what surrounds them starting from the marketing and distribution.

And maybe also give us release dates in case they want to continue with the toys, thank you. smilie

There is a very important thing to consider, one that the members of this forum often forget. We are not the primary consumers of Skylanders, never have been. The collectors, the adult players, the people that grab all of a new Wave the moment they find it. I've long since accepted this.

They sell a miniscule amount to us compared to the kids that get the starter and a handful of figures each game. The ones that get it for Christmas, play it for a few months, maybe get a new figure or two with Christmas money. That's why later Waves have always shipped in much smaller numbers and later waves seem to trickle out at the end. They may buy less per person than we do, but they VASTLY outnumber us. Always have.

Once a kids game loses the interest of the kid market, it is done for. You and I and the others here can't keep the franchise afloat by ourselves. And if they tailor the game to us, they completely lose the target market. And to be honest, there aren't enough adults interested in Skylanders to make up for it.

I'd love to see a TTL game that focused on an adult crowd, with detailed models. Just think how cool it would be for Diablo to use figures for classes. But you would have a franchise to start with that, and start slowly. You could not build it off a franchise previous made for kids, too many people would pass it by without looking twice.

And yes, not doing release dates (along with pre-orders) was a HUGE failing for Skylanders, something the competition got right that they could never figure out. People like the security of not having the hunt, and retailers love to be able to judge interest ahead of release. In fact looking at the later Amiibo releases and how they have had new pre-orders re-open up (like the Zelda Guardians and Metroid did recently), once they sold their initial estimates really helps them judge demand and determine whether production needs to be ramped up or not.
#29816 Posted: 13:02:54 16/08/2017
Oh wow...
---
Buckshot is fluffy bae.
#29817 Posted: 17:06:58 16/08/2017
Are you ******* kidding me? Reveal the damn mobile game already! https://twitter.com/activision...826741913231360
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#29818 Posted: 17:41:50 16/08/2017
They will probobly reveal it in gamescon.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#29819 Posted: 18:10:50 16/08/2017
Quote: omer1698

Probably ****ing not
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#29820 Posted: 22:02:01 16/08/2017
Nope, you are not the only person; remember most skylander mobile games are shut down, wondering how long this new one will be up and running (if it really does get a release) especially since BattleCast was around what, less than a year right?
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#29821 Posted: 22:04:28 16/08/2017
me three
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#29822 Posted: 22:39:28 16/08/2017
Quote: defpally
I'd love to see a TTL game that focused on an adult crowd, with detailed models.

I think the closest thing to that is Prodigy, however, it is only for PC.

http://www.prodigythegame.com/
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#29823 Posted: 02:50:43 17/08/2017
I don't have a lot of faith in the mobile app either but I'm curious and looking forward to it.

Are you ******* kidding me? Reveal the damn mobile game already! https://twitter.com/activision...826741913231360

Probably ****ing not

Stop cursing, that does not make you look cool or whatever. Follow your own advice and be patient.
---
bye
#29824 Posted: 11:13:04 17/08/2017
Just give me that Academy Season 2 trailer along with it; Eric hyped me way too much with his twitter hints.
---
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#29825 Posted: 11:52:15 17/08/2017
I could care less for another mobile game, as well as the Academy. I'll replay the Skylanders games occasionally for a few years then move on.
---
Any last wishes?
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#29826 Posted: 12:24:21 17/08/2017

Probably ****ing not

Hypocrite
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#29827 Posted: 14:04:50 17/08/2017
Don't be a swear bear.
---
Buckshot is fluffy bae.
wah543 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#29828 Posted: 14:41:18 17/08/2017
Forget the show and mobile game, just tive us Ro-bow already
#29829 Posted: 15:05:15 17/08/2017
No, don't forget the show, at least Netflix can deliver a release date when they reveal it.
---
#29830 Posted: 15:28:19 17/08/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

Probably ****ing not

Hypocrite

You make no sense
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#29831 Posted: 16:26:30 17/08/2017

Probably ****ing not

Hypocrite

You make no sense

What we will do? Simple be patient for news and wait for February 2018 oh wait that's right everyone isn't patient : /

remember this
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#29832 Posted: 17:38:30 17/08/2017

Hypocrite

You make no sense

What we will do? Simple be patient for news and wait for February 2018 oh wait that's right everyone isn't patient : /

remember this

I was reffering to Skylanders 7 when I said that. I'm just frustrated that they aren't gonna reveal the mobile game next week
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#29833 Posted: 19:04:29 17/08/2017
[User Posted Image]
5char

Try this image link instead: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHc_6ZZXsAIOryB.jpg
#29834 Posted: 19:17:24 17/08/2017
Uh... PR guy? You ok there? If you need help, blink twice.
---
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#29835 Posted: 21:26:49 17/08/2017

I'm shook !!! Lol
#29836 Posted: 21:31:29 17/08/2017
Let's have a discussion:

If Skylanders/characters got their own games, what would you want?

Grave Clobber - A Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter/Shaq-Fu beat-'em-up-style game. It could be about his origin story, where his brothers are the bosses, and it ends with Golden Queen offering him a role as a villain in her army.

Hex - A side-scroller where Hex goes on an adventure across the Outlands. It could be her story, with Malefor being the final boss and as she progresses she fights his minions. Also, thought it would be cool if she gathers/learns new spells along the way which boost her gameplay and give her new skills.

Kaos - Oh boy, if Kaos got his own game, there could be so much stuff they could do. It could be the story of him trying to conquer Skylands (but ultimately failing in the end), trying to stop another villain from doing so so he can himself, or maybe something else. I just know it would be really fun.

Those are just the ones on my mind right now. Also, if they made individual games, maybe the figures could act like amiibo, providing additional content or gameplay boosts.
---
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#29837 Posted: 22:00:32 17/08/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257
Let's have a discussion:

If Skylanders/characters got their own games, what would you want?

Chop Chop.

Elite warrior from an ancient civilization, who is pretty much a skeleton/robot hybrid... I think it would have a lot of potential.

However, I think they'd either need to change his name somehow, or need to try and think of a way to market a game centered around a character called "Chop Chop". I don't see that name working well in advertisements, honestly.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#29838 Posted: 22:11:39 17/08/2017
I think Hex could work more as a turn-based RPG.
---
Bruh
#29839 Posted: 22:14:27 17/08/2017
You can make a pun that involves chopping? Just as long as you avoid the obvious eye-rolling one.

Pretty much all Undead characters except maybe Short Cut and Funny Bone, everyone has a lot of potential. Hex, Chop Chop and Eye Brawl come to mind, so much you can do with gameplay and a solo story.

Another is Nightfall, most games involving jugglers are hack-and-slash outside of fighting games, but she could work really well with something closer to a plataformer where you use her abilities to solve puzzles.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:15:06 17/08/2017 by Bifrost
#29840 Posted: 22:18:00 17/08/2017
A Trigger Happy FPS would be fun.
---
#29841 Posted: 22:19:58 17/08/2017
You can make a pun that involves chopping? Just as long as you avoid the obvious eye-rolling one.

You mean Chop Chop in a cooking game like Cooking Mama?

Puns can make entire products you know.
---
Bruh
#29842 Posted: 22:32:41 17/08/2017
I meant "get to the choppa", Chop Chop Daddy would be actually funny.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:33:01 17/08/2017 by Bifrost
#29843 Posted: 22:43:48 17/08/2017
I meant "get to the choppa", Chop Chop Daddy would be actually funny.

I didn't even got it.
---
Bruh
#29844 Posted: 22:47:00 17/08/2017
I mean, you said Cooking Mama, so he's a dad, and Chop Chop Daddy's Krypt King's prototype name...
---
#29845 Posted: 22:50:59 17/08/2017
With Chop Chop, I was thinking more of a game with much darker themes than other Skylanders game. Because of how the Arkeyans are an ancient civilization, probably with a lot of lore that I probably don't know about (with the possibility of even more added in a Chop Chop game), and I'm pretty sure they enslaved an entire race (Mabu) IIRC.

So if it did turn out to be dark, having a protagonist called Chop Chop would probably seem out of place.

Of course, they could instead make another family-friendly game, but I like the idea of a Chop Chop game having dark themes better.
---
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#29846 Posted: 22:50:59 17/08/2017

Um, puns are supposed to make you roll your eyes.

Anyway, I was thinking turn based RPG with Ignitor on a quest to find the witch that cursed him.
---
Soon.
#29847 Posted: 22:53:40 17/08/2017
Quote: AmbushFan
With Chop Chop, I was thinking more of a game with much darker themes than other Skylanders game. Because of how the Arkeyans are an ancient civilization, probably with a lot of lore that I probably don't know about (with the possibility of even more added in a Chop Chop game), and I'm pretty sure they enslaved an entire race (Mabu) IIRC.

So if it did turn out to be dark, having a protagonist called Chop Chop would probably seem out of place.

Of course, they could instead make another family-friendly game, but I like the idea of a Chop Chop game having dark themes better.

Several Skylanders use pseudonyms(Ignitor's real name is Ignatius, GR is Olav), so it's perfectly normal that he'd have a "real" designation by his creators but he named himself Chop Chop to fit in with his group, since he can slice and dice quick or something.
---
#29848 Posted: 22:59:39 17/08/2017
I mean, you said Cooking Mama, so he's a dad, and Chop Chop Daddy's Krypt King's prototype name...

Ooooh okay. Good one.

Keeping up with the subject of solo games, a musical game about Wolfgang and/or Echo could work? Maybe something like Elite Beat Agents or Guitar Hero. A good excuse to enjoy the franchise's soundtrack even more.
---
Bruh
#29849 Posted: 23:00:09 17/08/2017
Yeah, that was what I was thinking. It would be incredibly easy to add.
---
#29850 Posted: 00:14:46 18/08/2017
skylanders dating simulator plz
First | Previous | Page 597 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 595 596 597 598 599 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me