darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 587 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 585 586 587 588 589 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#29301 Posted: 11:07:34 14/07/2017
Tbh I loved the concept of vehicles so I guess that's why it appealed to me so much
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#29302 Posted: 12:08:32 14/07/2017
What I like about SC is that it's different the other 5 games are almost identical
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#29303 Posted: 12:42:42 14/07/2017
Different =\= Good.

I'd like SC a bit more if it wasn't trying to be poor(???) man's Mario Kart, and the story vehicle sections weren't atrocious or too simple. So many games put vehicle sections on games so this struggling makes no sense.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#29304 Posted: 12:55:24 14/07/2017
Quote: SkyFan91
Wait for Q4

LOL, sure. Retailers are going to stock a new figure for a game that is over a year old and didn't sell all that great in the first place. I'm sure they will resurrect their rapidly disappearing Skylanders (and TTL in general) section for it. Activision isn't just sitting on it for some reason, retailers aren't going to give up valuable shelf space in the Christmas holiday for this.

Seriously guys, don't think like this. That "Future Plan" is not something to put faith into if you collect and/or want Ro-Bow (and the level and parts). You are going to end up not getting him or spending a ton more to import. The prices are already going up on EBay and International stores are running out (if they haven't already).
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#29305 Posted: 13:36:41 14/07/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Different =\= Good.

I'd like SC a bit more if it wasn't trying to be poor(???) man's Mario Kart, and the story vehicle sections weren't atrocious or too simple. So many games put vehicle sections on games so this struggling makes no sense.

Pretty much.

Besides, I've said multiple times how sometimes forcing innovation in something which already worked and was already loved as it was may simply result in ruining it.
SuperChargers is the perfect example for that, in my opinion.

SWAP Force did a much better job in that regard, because swappability was an innovation which complimented and improved the basic gameplay without altering it too much.
SWAP Zones felt a bit disconnected, and I would have greately preferred if they worked as parts of the level instead of side mini-games but the gimmick was spot-on to me.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#29306 Posted: 14:10:07 14/07/2017
Same. I don't like SF, but the gimmick was still the same weight as a regular character, and wasn't cashing in an existing trend - and best, they're not required, nor the Skylands suddenly starts revolving around two parts that swap. Vehicles took over everything far too much, instead of being an additional feature.

Also, vehicle bosses. Someone slap whoever let that idea pass, because Warden Moneybone and The Darkness are really bad. SF ended with a QTE and not 10 that you can't miss in a row.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:14:12 14/07/2017 by Bifrost
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#29307 Posted: 15:45:24 14/07/2017
Stop bashing super chargers :/
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#29308 Posted: 15:51:38 14/07/2017
Boo hoo. How about you give us a reason why you like it? Why was "different" better for you?
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#29309 Posted: 16:09:55 14/07/2017
I dint like it cause racing mechanics which explains why I skipped that game that year only liked it cause dk bowser and fiesta
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
#29310 Posted: 16:24:32 14/07/2017
Quote: KingMed
Stop bashing super chargers :/

Explaining reasons to dislike something =\= Bashing. I can do this all day.
Seriously, you're in the Skylanders fandom, you should be able to tell the difference. Can't go a month without hearing the range of "eh alright games, too expensive for little content" to "OMG IT KILLED SPYRO CRINGE".
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:25:01 14/07/2017 by Bifrost
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#29311 Posted: 16:32:52 14/07/2017
I absolutely hated Fiesta. In my opinion he was the weakest Skylander ever. I liked him design wise, but he couldn't hurt a fruit fly that was down to its last breath.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#29312 Posted: 17:53:55 14/07/2017
Quote: griswoldthunder
I absolutely hated Fiesta. In my opinion he was the weakest Skylander ever. I liked him design wise, but he couldn't hurt a fruit fly that was down to its last breath.

this is true, he was weak.

but i'll be damned if he isn't one of the best designed VV skylanders.

(speaking of VV, what is it with them and furries? I know everyone gets on their case for robots and all but 15 of the 32 new characters in SF were anthro animals. Not saying that's a bad thing, though. VV knows how to make good furries.)
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#29313 Posted: 17:59:41 14/07/2017
If Spyro had an ability like Pokemon, it'd be Protean.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#29314 Posted: 21:20:49 14/07/2017
Yes, Fiesta was really weak, but he was a character based on skill instead of power. You had to know how to play as him. I taught myself how to be skillful with him, and because of that he is in my Top 5 of all time.
---
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#29315 Posted: 21:56:08 14/07/2017
Superchargers was a mistake (except for the story)
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#29316 Posted: 22:24:12 14/07/2017
Quote: Buuzer
Superchargers was a mistake (except for the story)

Didn't know Miyazaki played Skylanders. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#29317 Posted: 00:44:51 15/07/2017
*gone for the entire day and decides to come on DS*

Hey guys! How's everyo* oh no the SSC haters are here I'm out.
#29318 Posted: 01:10:27 15/07/2017
If you don't want to discuss it kills the point of General Discussion. Better than hearing about how much we'll need to wait for news if at all.
---
#29319 Posted: 01:31:34 15/07/2017
jesus you guys, i'm gonna have to make a full analysis post on why/how superchargers failed someday
MagnaSurge Yellow Sparx Gems: 1045
#29320 Posted: 01:42:17 15/07/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Quote: McMurderpaws

Bring it.

[User Posted Image]

For serious though, as much as I hate the rest of the game (Y U driving controls change from one segment to the next!?! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)), the Spell Punk Library in SuperChargers is my favorite level out of all the games. Magically entering the books and switching to 2D worlds with cel-shaded graphics was incredibly charming.

Imma go super Saiyan on yo ***

Checkmate.
[User Posted Image]

Serious Series Punch: Star Level.
Super Saiyan God's punch: Universal.

Yeah. No contest.
---
- I want Tara Strong to voice my waifu.
- Ashi will forever remain in my heart. :'c
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#29321 Posted: 02:11:31 15/07/2017
Apparently Marc Graue, the voice of Mario and Luigi in Hotel Mario, is the voice of Lord Stratosfear in Superchargers

WTF
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#29322 Posted: 02:21:09 15/07/2017

Oh no, your poor hurt fee-fees! How dare anyone in this world have a differing opinion that they back up with reasons and personal experience that opposes your "nuh uh ur wrong lol i liek it so i win." 9_9

(Still, if I'd known this was the way to shut you up during the Krakatoa "leak"...)

Quote: MagnaSurge

Yeah. No contest.

That wasn't Saitama's full power. His greatest challenge to date (the "hero hunter" guy in the original scribbly manga) still had him using less than half his power.

Also, SSG Goku's punches were likely only threatening the universe due to the fact that he was clashing fists with the literal god of destruction. It's unlikely that his attacks would do universal damage when fighting a non-god-of-destruction opponent.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:22:30 15/07/2017 by McMurderpaws
#29323 Posted: 02:31:25 15/07/2017

Oh no, your poor hurt fee-fees! How dare anyone in this world have a differing opinion that they back up with reasons and personal experience that opposes your "nuh uh ur wrong lol i liek it so i win." 9_9

(Still, if I'd known this was the way to shut you up during the Krakatoa "leak"...)

Yeah. No contest.

That wasn't Saitama's full power. His greatest challenge to date (the "hero hunter" guy in the original scribbly manga) still had him using less than half his power.

Also, SSG Goku's punches were likely only threatening the universe due to the fact that he was clashing fists with the literal god of destruction. It's unlikely that his attacks would do universal damage when fighting a non-god-of-destruction opponent.

Oh no my feelings! Waaaaaaaaaaaaah! Lmao dude you got butt mad at King Med because he likes a game you don't calm down there cow boy
#29324 Posted: 02:49:04 15/07/2017

Saitama was still damaged by Boros, so unless Saitama is a glass canon, then he isn't so much higher than star level. I'll give him galaxy at best for some power scaling because there's millions of stars in a galaxy. And no, Goku was dead even with Beerus when their fists were clashing, meaning both were universal. Side evidence is when two gods collide (Beerus and Champa), both universals will be destroyed. Jiren, a mortal, is stronger than Beerus. This means the gods and god like mortals are universal at minimum. Also a base level Goku at the end of the Beerus/God Goku fight punched Beerus' and his collided attack, and if it went off on it's own, the universal would have been destroyed. And Dragon Ball characters know how to control area of effect, so even if they are universal, they won't destroy the universe itself when their attacks go off.
---
#29325 Posted: 02:55:18 15/07/2017
Quote: Drawdler
I thought this fandom had gotten past the "criticism = hating" stage.

It's more then criticism unfortunately heck look at insta
#29326 Posted: 03:00:12 15/07/2017
We aren't instagram dude. We're almost entirely separate from them. I don't even have an account there.

Jiren, a mortal, is stronger than Beerus.

Not that I don't believe it's possible or even likely, but what's the source saying Jiren is stronger than Beerus? (I know he's easily strong enough to compete with SSB+Kaiouken.)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:06:24 15/07/2017 by McMurderpaws
#29327 Posted: 03:05:44 15/07/2017
Both versions of the fanbase are VERY similar I may do an entire explanation post in it one day just not now the time isn't right
EliteSpyroFan Blue Sparx Gems: 641
#29328 Posted: 03:17:46 15/07/2017
I'll be honest.
SSA was a great starting point and helped build on the series as a story.
SG continued after SSA and was as creative as the first.
SSF had a lot to offer, both gameplay and story wise. A strong installment in the series.
STT. Favorite game out of all the series. Period.
SSC Storywise, amazing. Gameplay wise, not their best.
SI Ok, It just feels incomplete. How did Kaos get his powers back? Did he just have some of them, due to him having his emblem at the end of SSC? Why 10 levels? Why not 20? Why? I felt like they needed more creative enemies. Why is there no sentinel boss? I don't know, it felt like they could have done better.
#29329 Posted: 03:39:18 15/07/2017
Not that I don't believe it's possible or even likely, but what's the source saying Jiren is stronger than Beerus? (I know he's easily strong enough to compete with SSB+Kaiouken.)

Whis said there was one mortal that beat Beerus. Jiren is the only other mortal shown to be that mortal. No other hints say that there's another mortal. Everything is focusing on Jiren through the arc's build up, so I'll say it's safe to say that he's that mortal. Why even have Whis mention that in the first place when the story is focusing on Jiren? Until there is a specific scene or statement otherwise, I'll disgree that it isn't Jiren. Besides, this is probably the last arc, it might as well be Jiren. Goku will surpass Jiren with Limit Break God form, then fully surpass Beerus because of it. I'll do a mini scale of how things are right now: SSGSS Goku: Somewhat weaker than Beerus. SSGSS Kaioken X10: A little bit weaker than Beerus, equal to Beerus or a little bit stronger than Beerus. Limit Break Goku: Equal to Jiren or stronger than Jiren and Beerus.
---
#29330 Posted: 05:12:47 15/07/2017
Fun fact- Laura Bailey voiced Ninjini.
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#29331 Posted: 08:54:50 15/07/2017
Just lost my patience and went ahead and ordered Ro-Bow off ebay. As well as Skyward Sword + Twilight Princess Link Amiibo's.

Anyhow for me with the series

Spyro's Adventure , Giants, Trap Team (debatable), Swap Force, Imaginators, Superchargers.
#29332 Posted: 09:40:53 15/07/2017
After careful reconsideration, I am redoing the list:

Console:
1. Imaginators
2. SuperChargers
3. Trap Team
4. Swap Force
5. Giants
6. Spyro's Adventure

3DS:
1. Trap Team
2. Spyro's Adventure
3. Giants
4. Swap Force
5. SuperChargers

Don't get me wrong - I loved Spyro's Adventure, but compared to the other games, it's less advanced and interesting to me and thus it's lower on the list.

It's funny because for years I really didn't like Trap Team but now I've replayed it I've fallen in love with it. It's now one of my faves.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:47:50 15/07/2017 by Chompy-King257
#29333 Posted: 10:51:16 15/07/2017
I'd also like to rank the various rosters, as I feel like there might be some interesting differences compared to the games:

1) Trap Team: TfB saw the improvements of V.V. and stepped them up a notch while combining them with their own designs and concepts.
My favorite cast both gameplay and design-wise; I'm still convinced Trap Masters could have worked even if they were smaller, but Activision wanted bigger (and pricier) figures so I'll just follow Rocky Roll's catchphrase.
Of course villains where the cherry on top of that delicious cake.

2) SWAP Force: ok, a lot of them might have been anthropomorphic animals but great Eon I enjoyed basically all of them.
Not limiting themselves to humanoids allowed V.V. to come up with some of my favorite designs, like Pop Thorn, and even many humanoid Cores still managed to feel unique and interesting (Dune Bug, Fryno, Star Strike).
The more gimmicky gameplays worked perfectly: wow, what a blast.

3) Imaginators: I can't forgive them for getting rid of Cores as we knew them, and focusing only on huge figures... But gameplay and design wise I still loved them.
I have yet to try a couple characters, but I liked how TfB really worked hard on personalities and gameplays (especially with the latest releases) and shown how a cast of upright humanoids can still be varied and full of unique Skylanders.
Don't think they topped Trap Team under any point of view but they did a great job nonetheless; they even got guest-stars right this time.
Plus, I have a Pain-Yatta figure now.
That's all I could ask for. smilie

4) Spyro's Adventure: they were simple, sometimes too simple, but I feel like they are still among the most iconic characters in the series.
Maybe that's because they were the first and I'm a bit blinded by nostalgia here, but I have to admit some of them feel a bit naive after 5 games of innovations and development.
The less button-mashy are still highly enjoyable, though.

5) Giants: basically SA's cast but smaller (how ironic).
Giants did their job, they are probably the only gimmicklanders with all the rights to feel overpowered and almost invincible; I give TfB credits for trying to create more complex gameplays (Pop Fizz is an example) but I still think it was nothing compared to what awaited us in the third game.
My favorite animal became a Skylander, though, yaaaaaay! smilie

6) SuperChargers: whoooooo, boy, where do I start?
Laughably small roster of brand new faces, all being uphright humanoids, which barely felt as fun as the SWAP Force's cast.
Hammered glorified reposes which they tried to sell as "completely new characters" to the point of not allowing them to work in previous games, HAHAHAHA NO.
Console exclusive guest-stars which really felt like they didn't belong there, unlike Crash and Cortex with their re-designs.
Vehicles which somehow where considered as Skylanders, despite not being nearly as deep as them gameplay-wise.
An embarassing amount of variants which resulted in being higher than the number of basic characters themselves.
New figures which kinda acted like our defunct traps but not really, because of course we only want to use our villains to race against other characters.
A distribution and collection nightmare.

Other than that... Dive-Clops is still one of my overall favorite characters, the vehicles' figures were outstanding and the revamped SuperChargers looked fun (as well and Bowser and Donkey Kong).
The characters' figures were some of the worst in the series, though.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:53:59 15/07/2017 by Drek95
#29334 Posted: 13:15:19 15/07/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
Fun fact- Laura Bailey voiced Ninjini.

I hate Laura Bailey. Mostly because of her "Persephone" voice that she's used in other things as well, like the princess from the ninja clan feud anime Basilisk. It's a terrible, shrill voice and no amount of reasonable voice acting roles (like Black Widow in the most recent Disney Avengers cartoon) earn her a pass for it.

But I do love me some Ninjini. Best Giant, hands down.

She's also married to Travis Willingham, aka the voice of Eyebrawl, and he's a cool dude with some good roles under his belt (like Thor in Disney's Marvel cartoons).

Quote: Drek95
Dive-Clops is still one of my overall favorite characters

I was following your opinions and reasoning up until this. Dive-Clops is the only "wrong answer" when someone asks who your favorite Skylander is. smilie

I kid... sorta. I just really dislike him. His design is really bland, he's slow to move and attack, and his vehicle is a big, dumb hunk of boring plastic. I really probably would put him dead last if I were to rate all Skylanders figures by design.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:29:00 15/07/2017 by McMurderpaws
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#29335 Posted: 13:33:24 15/07/2017
(I have still yet to play Superchargers):
SI>SG>SA>SF>TT

3DS (Only played the first three):
SF>SA>SG
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#29336 Posted: 13:46:38 15/07/2017
What the hell, Travis Willingham looks like a handsomer Jim Carrey in one photo
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#29337 Posted: 14:25:38 15/07/2017
Bringing back yesterday's bickering, this ain't Instagram and thank god it isn't. I'm reaching out to my supply of eyebleach since I just had to run into uncensored r34 of Golden Queen and some really creepy "memes", at least here people don't do that at the risk of losing their accounts. That's not counting the stupid conversations in there that make the Imaginators game page look sophisticated.

Dive-Clops is alright but I can't look at him happily knowing the older designs. I know we complain about VV thinking water=fish and tech=robot, but that was the one time where fish was the cooler choice.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:26:21 15/07/2017 by Bifrost
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#29338 Posted: 14:48:00 15/07/2017
In terms of rosters for me based on experience and the posters:

Swap Force > Spyro's Adventure > Giants > Imaginators > Superchargers.

I'm sure I'll like Imaginator's cast a lot more when I play Trap Team and see the villains for myself, but until then Swap Force (particularly the Swappers) holds the crown for my favourites.
Spyro's Adventure had a lot of characters I wasn't fond of at the start, but through the years I've found them more likeable and their playstyles are surprisingly fun, renewing the life in that game for me.
Giants wins almost entirely thanks to the aesthetics of the giant cast, as there's very few - if any - core characters I really like. I hope they get some representation in the TV show, and perhaps they can actually be giant and not just tall. I won't derail this Imaginators discussion thread much more with my thoughts on them.
Imaginators' cast is cool with awesome abilities and Sky-chi powers, but they're let down by their limited necessity to the story. There's great potential for a teacher-student relationship in the story, and could make having a Skylander of that element more meaningful, but I'm not sure it's going to happen with only 2 levels left for me to play.
Superchargers I've not had enough experience with yet, but generally I don't gel with any of the characters. I think Spitfire, Nightfall and Splat are cool, but the rest can be blasted out my astro. While Dive Clops is relevent to the discussion I'll say I think he's OK, but the idea of a fish being in a mech suit is more fitting for a Water skylander than an eyeball, if less original.

Were I to judge Trap Team now, I'd put it between Imaginators and Superchargers. Even though it has Snap Shot (and for once I remembered his name off by heart) and Cobra Cadabra because scaly characters are the best boyos, there's not many more I can really get behind, the minis especially. Cool in their own right, but I prefer their appearances in the comics.

#SnakingTheLaw
#SnakeMyDay
#Hellonrollersnakes
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:54:58 15/07/2017 by Johnbonne
#29339 Posted: 15:25:20 15/07/2017
Roller Brawl is still the greatest skylander and no one can tell me otherwise
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#29340 Posted: 17:41:38 15/07/2017
Roller Brawl is still the greatest skylander and no one can tell me otherwise

Hex, but she's good too.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:41:53 15/07/2017 by Deja Vu
#29341 Posted: 18:00:05 15/07/2017
Love RB's design, but I don't like playing as her. Cree Summer is also a great voice actress.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#29342 Posted: 19:40:37 15/07/2017
Rosters (based on designs)
Gimmicks:
SI > SC > TT > SG > SF

Cores:
TT > SA > SF > SG
L Cynder Platinum Sparx Gems: 5744
#29343 Posted: 20:08:40 15/07/2017
I desided to redo my list of favorite Skylander games. smilie;

Console: Imaginators > SuperChargers > Swap Force > Giants > Spyro's Adventure > Trap Team

3DS: Trap team > Swap Force > Giants > Spyro's Adventure > SuperChargers Racing

Yep, those are actually the real favorite Skylanders games. I goofed up the last time because I thought > means greater then. smilie;
---
favs smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#29344 Posted: 20:20:29 15/07/2017
Quote: L Cynder
I goofed up the last time because I thought > means greater then. smilie;

It does.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#29345 Posted: 21:26:16 15/07/2017
Well since everyone's doing it, here's my list of best to worst roster.

1. Imaginators
I love almost every Sensei, they all have unique abilities and personalities and the designs were great too.

2. Trap Team
Very close second. You'd think the bigger the better, but not in this case. There are some Skylanders which have become some of my favorites, but there are also many which I don't really care about and don't appeal to me.

3. Swap Force
Every character here was likable imo and I don't hate anyone. Of course there are some which I greatly prefer, but there isn't anyone which I regret buying.

4. Spyro's Adventure
As much as I love this game, the roster wasn't my favorite. It does include my favorite Skylander and a few others I like, but most of it doesn't really appeal to me. Of course after 5 years into the franchise those characters have become classics and I learned to like them more than before.

5. Superchargers
Same complaint as everyone else, too little new characters. If it was 2 new Superchargers for each element, this roster would've been way higher on the list. Nevertheless I love the cast of new characters and just like in Swap Force there was no one I disliked (ignoring the bug from hell).

6. Giants
This one did have 2 new characters, but the only ones I liked were Ninjini, Sprocket, Chill, Flashwing, Swarm & Hot Dog. There are some characters I can stand but most of the roster was really uninteresting to me.
First | Previous | Page 587 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 585 586 587 588 589 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me