darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 127 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 125 126 127 128 129 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#6301 Posted: 10:30:22 05/07/2016
Then where's MESMERALDA!?
This could be true, but who's going to be the Ninja now?
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#6302 Posted: 10:46:03 05/07/2016
Quote: Deja Vu
Then where's MESMERALDA!?
This could be true, but who's going to be the Ninja now?

No Mesmeralda.
Trap Team villains only, apparently.

That's why I immediately excluded her, Spellslamzer and Captain Frightbeard.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Fizzle Blue Sparx Gems: 854
#6303 Posted: 11:58:48 05/07/2016
I noticed the prototype name for the swashbuckler class was "djini." I guess this provides some background to why they all have tails now, assuming that's true. Bad Juju would suggest this.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
BOOMCAKE Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#6304 Posted: 12:21:24 05/07/2016
Quote: SodaPopHD
...made that theory a long time ago...

Wait, was Chill Bill an NPC racer in SuperChargers Racing, too?

Yes, Chill Bill was a NPC racer with his own vehicles. Well all of the NPC racers got their own signature vehicles. I am theorizing this right now too. After I saw Hoodsickle and Bad Juju both were NPC racers too.

I am listing the NPC racers from Supercharger for you.

Chill Bll
Gulper
Noodles
Hoodsickle (confirmed)
Bad Juju (confirmed)
Threatpack
Dr.Krankcase (confirmed)
Pain-yatta (confirmed)
Brocolly Guy

From the trophy racers we are getting Golden Queen and Wolfgang as figures. This pretty much summarize the 11 Villains which are becoming playable. Maybe the villain figures are backward compatible with Superchargers only in racing.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx [online] Gems: 9943
#6305 Posted: 12:30:44 05/07/2016
Threatpack has a chance?! Someone get me a snack, I'm going to have a hipoglycemic crisis over this hype.

i'm kidding by the way. I had one of those for real after a thumb injury, it's not fun.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#6306 Posted: 12:31:35 05/07/2016
Here's an updated villain list including the ones I think will be in:

Earth: Golden Queen - Sorcerer
Undead: Wolfgang - Bowslinger
Magic: Pain-Yatta - Smasher
Tech: Krankcase - Quickshot
Air: Bad Juju - Swashbuckler
Dark: Hood Sickle - Sentinel
Light: Luminous - Knight
Fire: Chef Pepper Jack
Water: Chill Bill
Life: Chompy Mage

I don't know about the Classes since none of them would fit the Ninja class, I wonder what they have in store for that.
(btw, the chosen villains are quite disappointing.)
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#6307 Posted: 12:38:00 05/07/2016
The fact that Hood Sickle is the second villain in one element is bothering me. Why? Because the fact that there are 11 villains is perfectr for one character of each element. (Including the Kaos element.) In my opinion that would have been a better route to take. (Not hating on it, just not very pleased.) Then again, it does mean that more villains have a chance. I don't know how to feel about it now, kind of bad and good? Anyway, I still believe that Kaos might be the 11th villain, but I don't know if that will change soon.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
#6308 Posted: 12:42:44 05/07/2016
They can change his element, since undead creatures aren't necessarily Undead themselves. Bad Juju is the easiest example to bring up, or Grave Clobber.
---
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#6309 Posted: 12:44:24 05/07/2016
gosh darn it I go to sleep and I miss too much

okay. here are my thoughts:

1. I WAS RIGHT ABOUT HOOD SICKLE BEING A SENTINEL YAAAS
2. Bad Juju instead of Dreamcacther...Interesting...and a Swashbuckler? Makes sense with her legs.
3. So is there not one villain per element now? Do some elements have more than one villain and some don't have any villains at all?
4. Why does Undead get two tho. I'm all for Hood Sickle but why does that element get two?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:46:07 05/07/2016 by Chompy-King257
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#6310 Posted: 13:10:56 05/07/2016
Well then... If I may give my thoughts on that...

I'm honestly not sure whether or not to believe it. I mean, most of the characters look legit, but there are some things about it that are bothering me...

1. That Swashbuckler with the Eon helmet looks like concept art, not official art or a screenshot like the others.

2. The fact that Hood Sickle is listed on there when we already have an undead villain Sensei in the form of Wolfgang.

3. The fact that we have no glimpse at a third Smasher.

4. The fact that the villains use their artwork from Trap Team and not a screenshot like most of the others.

I understand that this is all subject to change and likely not final though. I'm not going to call it real or fake until we get more info though.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#6311 Posted: 13:13:02 05/07/2016
About the artwork, it's because the London event is an even earlier version of the demo than reveal and E3. You guys might remember some older blog post with the game being called "Skylanders 2016" at the menu, I thought it was the reveal, but the room behind the TV matches. It's odd because it was the same week as the reveal, and the US version was much more finished, but it's possible the one sent to the UK was given before we had promotional art or even final class names.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:15:00 05/07/2016 by Bifrost
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#6312 Posted: 13:50:09 05/07/2016
Yeah you can't judge it as wrong by the random looking concept art.

all games have placeholder pics they just chuck in to get the game working while the designers finalise their characters.

Wolf gangs art is from trap team too but he's still a figure, so hood sickle and bad jujus TT art doesn't suggest they arnt real at all.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#6313 Posted: 13:53:02 05/07/2016
Some of the new characters look... reallllly bad. I like the cycloptic archer and the tech looking swashbuckler, but that sentinel with the exact same female face we see on every female character hurts me to look at.

Good villain choices though. Upset about Dreamcatcher not being in, but at least there's variety. Also, Chill Bill is almost definitely confirmed now.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#6314 Posted: 14:49:10 05/07/2016
I always draw her staff mirrored, don't worry, you're not the only one. But now that she might have swords, it'll be a bit easier smilie
---
#6315 Posted: 14:54:23 05/07/2016
Can we talk about how Smashers look like they're only getting 2 characters? And how that completely ruins basically all of the roster, balance wise?

EDIT: Hood Sickle already throws off my plans of only getting the villains...
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:55:23 05/07/2016 by Bionichute
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#6316 Posted: 14:56:06 05/07/2016
Quote: Bionichute
Can we talk about how Smashers look like they're only getting 2 characters? And how that completely ruins basically all of the roster, balance wise?

I don't think they added everyone in there. It's a very early demo so they might've not implemented it all in there.
#6317 Posted: 14:57:26 05/07/2016
Yeah, it's too early of a version to be worried. From the blog posts, figures weren't even there, they just showed off the character creator.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:57:50 05/07/2016 by Bifrost
#6318 Posted: 14:58:05 05/07/2016
I'm really, really hoping that they changed Hood Sickle to Dark, just to keep the elements in order. Please don't screw this up TfB, I was waiting for villain figures for so long...
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#6319 Posted: 14:59:05 05/07/2016
His color pattern is perfect, since even the ghosts are darker colors than usual. Just say they're spirits of the Dark Realm and bingo.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:59:25 05/07/2016 by Bifrost
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#6320 Posted: 15:00:06 05/07/2016
So if Painyatta isn't a smasher, then what is he?
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#6321 Posted: 15:01:38 05/07/2016
Quote: ninja9351
So if Painyatta isn't a smasher, then what is he?

He can still be a smasher, there isn't a villain icon for that class on that early demo.
---
#6322 Posted: 15:03:48 05/07/2016
Maybe its because I only got 5 hours of sleep, but those generic pupil-less eyes they put on nearly every character are really irritating me.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#6323 Posted: 15:05:42 05/07/2016
Pain-yatta is probably still a Smasher, but his icon hasn't been added yet.
---
#6324 Posted: 15:08:05 05/07/2016
Maybe its because I only got 5 hours of sleep, but those generic pupil-less eyes they put on nearly every character are really irritating me.

Meh, I like them. It looks good on the ones they it to. Thrillipede is the only one that I've actively disliked it on.
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#6325 Posted: 15:13:41 05/07/2016
I hope we can get their official elements soon. Something tells me I won't be able to get only 10 senseis this year. As in so I'd have 1 of every element and 1 of every battle class, like you could do in Swap Force.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#6326 Posted: 15:14:30 05/07/2016
Omg I was right! Bad Juju all the way!!!! This is really awesome news to wake up to.

The Light Bowslinger is literally my favorite thing ever. The Swashbuckler looks cool. The Tech Swashbuckler looks alright but the Tech Sentinel looks awesome. Can't wait to get her. Hood Sickle interests me though. If he's been moved to Dark (which could make slight sense I suppose. He does seem more like a dark element anyway) then that could mean that Nightshade NOR Tae Kwon Crow are the Dark Villain. And well, I don't know how I feel about that yet. It'll probably end up annoying me.

The Undead Smasher looks really cool. Definitely naming them Good Juju as someone said.
The Life Bowslinger omg it's so amazing. Definitely my second favorite of this leak. It looks absolutely awesome.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#6327 Posted: 15:19:30 05/07/2016
HOLY CRAP! WAKING UP TO THIS NEWS IS THE BEST!

Bad Juju is here, which I'm ok with because I really do like her.

but HOOD SICKLE? No one, NO ONE would have expected him! I guess we have our Dark Villain?
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#6328 Posted: 15:20:25 05/07/2016
Ugh...I hated Hood Sickle. Bad Juju is pretty cool. Although now that non Doom Raiders are becoming playable, I feel Luminous, Gulper, Dreamcatcher and Night Shade arn't coming back. I see Blaster Tron as a knight becoming a light rep. Ty Kwan Crow being dark and Chill Bill being water.

I'm really disappointed with what I'm seeing right now.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#6329 Posted: 15:22:24 05/07/2016
HOOD SICKLE YES!
#6330 Posted: 15:23:25 05/07/2016
I suppose my problem is that we have half of the new characters revealed, and I still don't... like any of them.

Sure there's the villains and Crash, but those aren't new. I've generally been able to attach myself to at least a handful of new characters almost immediately, like Boomer and Ghost Roaster, or Eye-Brawl, or Pop Thorn and Rattle Shake, or Krypt King and Enigma, or Nightfall and Splat. But here there's just... nothing.

I'm really hoping they don't mess up the villain Battle Class/Element balance, because that means I'll actually have to buy some of these gormless characters.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#6331 Posted: 15:23:45 05/07/2016
I am a bit nervous now, because the fact that theres two Undead's (though hood sickle might become dark) is worrying me.

WHY ARE YOU MESSING UP LIGHT AND DARK TFB. WHY!!?!?!?!??
---
#6332 Posted: 15:32:42 05/07/2016
Quote: Luminous35
I am a bit nervous now, because the fact that theres two Undead's (though hood sickle might become dark) is worrying me.

WHY ARE YOU MESSING UP LIGHT AND DARK TFB. WHY!!?!?!?!??

I'm with you. Luminous is probably going to not come back but Blaster Tron is. We have the blaster sword after all so what's not stopping them from making Blaster Tron a knight?
#6333 Posted: 15:32:47 05/07/2016
Like Bifrost, I almost find it creepy that Dreamcatcher isn't in this. It means that she literally decided to stay evil and cruel instead of joining her friends and change her ways. That's actually really sad if you think about it. She gives up her friends and her chances at redemption to stay evil.

I'm intensely loving those Bowslingers. It might become my favorite class now because of who's in it.

Hood Sickle was a personal favorite, so I'm happy to see him included, even if it makes the elements uneven. The Tech/Earth Sentinel also looks pretty cool. I like the satellite on her back and how she seems to glow.

The first Swashbuckler almost looks like she'd have some connection to Eon, which his helmet on and all. Then again, it could just be a common Portal Master thing to wear. I honestly can't tell what element she's supposed to be...That Tech Swashbuckler looks AMAZING. A mechanical viking - two of my favorite things combined! I imagined that a viking would be a Smasher with a big battle ax, but okay. Totally hyped for him. Also, I imagine this deconfirms that all Swashbucklers will have tails instead of legs. Why would a robot viking have a genie tail? It wouldn't add up. Also, Bad Juju looks really cool. She was another favorite of mine, so it's nice to see her.

That Undead/Magic/Dark Smasher looks pretty neat. He looks like a mummy of sorts, don't you think?
---
#6334 Posted: 15:43:14 05/07/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

Meh, I like them. It looks good on the ones they it to. Thrillipede is the only one that I've actively disliked it on.

The problem with him is that his eyes aren't supposed to be pupil-less.
They just got extremely lazy with the figure.
And it makes him look even creepier than he already is.

But yeah, not liking them as well.
I'm fine with a couple of them, especially when motivated by masks or hoods, but they are starting to become too many: reminds me a bit too much of the Swappers...

I suppose my problem is that we have half of the new characters revealed, and I still don't... like any of them.

Sure there's the villains and Crash, but those aren't new. I've generally been able to attach myself to at least a handful of new characters almost immediately, like Boomer and Ghost Roaster, or Eye-Brawl, or Pop Thorn and Rattle Shake, or Krypt King and Enigma, or Nightfall and Splat. But here there's just... nothing.

I'm really hoping they don't mess up the villain Battle Class/Element balance, because that means I'll actually have to buy some of these gormless characters.

Well, "revealed" is a strong word.
We can barely see their slightly blurry faces and upper torsos, seeing the whole figure will probably make the difference (it did for me, with Ember).

But I get what you are saying, the Tech Swashbuckler and the small skeleton Smasher are probably the first "MUST HAVE" new Skylanders I've seen for Imaginators, maybe along with Wild Storm.
Doesn't help I'm not a fan of humanoids.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:44:34 05/07/2016 by Drek95
#6335 Posted: 15:44:41 05/07/2016
Ok here are my almost calm thoughts...

So, the fact that not all the Doom Raiders are coming really sucks. It basically means that some of them didn't join their friends or anything, unless the same thing happens with Hood Sickle and Wolfgang, and Dreamcatcher magically becomes a Light or Magic element :/

Anyway, the Bowslingers are looking wonderous! I mean, if those two new characters are Light and Dark (and I'm going to take a wild guess that they are) then I'm already loving them this year. (just add Luminous and I will be ok. YOU HAVE A PERFECT OPPORTUNITY TO NOT MAKE SOMEONE UPSET!!!)

Sentinels... hmm... what are my thoughts. Ember is always fantastic (though she looks weird in the picture) but I'm going to go ahead and say that the character on the left of Ember is a Tech Sentinel or Earth Sentinel (and I hope it's Tech cause it's confirming the artwork theory, but then again, the Bowslinger's clearly look like Light and Dark characters. yay.) and finally Hood Sickle... don't get me wrong, he was a great villain, but not my favorite... at all... and the fact that hes a second undead worries me. So unless their switching him to Dark, CONGRATULATIONS YOU MESSED UP BIG TIME! BYE. BYE. BYE. BYE.

Ok, done ranting about the Sentinels, now time for Swashbucklers! This Eon Female character has a nice look to her. Reminds of Chill, but she appears to be a Light Element... Kay... not as good as the other one tbh. Now the Tech Swashbuckler, my least favorite out of the bunch to be honest, I'm never a fan of things that look like that but I will probably still get him just so I can complete my collection, and he might be fun... right? Yeaahhh I don't like what I'm seeing. Lastly, BAD JUJU BAD JUJU BAD JUJU!!!!!!!!11!1 Gotta admit, Bad Juju is my favorite air villain which makes me SUPER HAPPPOY YYYYYYY! Glad she's back smilie

Smashers... so yes, we have Tri-Tip, welcome back NOOB. Anyway, so this character next to him has got me intrigued. HE (or she) IS BEAUTIFUL! He reminds me of Bad Juju, and he is one of my favorites out of this entire roster. I'm assuming hes either Dark, Magic, or the best guess, Undead. Well done TFB, you didn't mess up on ONE CHARACTER. ONE. WELL DONE. (and the bowslingers but you get my point)

Overall, I like the Bowslingers, I like the Undead character... and glad Bad Juju is back, but I'm still worried nonetheless. I WANT MY BAE (luminous)
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#6336 Posted: 15:45:27 05/07/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257
Also, I imagine this deconfirms that all Swashbucklers will have tails instead of legs. Why would a robot viking have a genie tail? It wouldn't add up.

Or he could have a mechanical serpent-like tail for legs, or operate with one wheel like Magna Charge...
That's not to say you're right or wrong since I know just as much as you.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#6337 Posted: 15:46:09 05/07/2016
i also need to see more of this guy!

[User Posted Image]
#6338 Posted: 15:47:01 05/07/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Also, I imagine this deconfirms that all Swashbucklers will have tails instead of legs. Why would a robot viking have a genie tail? It wouldn't add up.

Or he could have a mechanical serpent-like tail for legs, or operate with one wheel like Magna Charge...

If he's earth (Which he could very well be) he might pull a Doom Stone.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#6339 Posted: 15:49:02 05/07/2016
Still facepalming at everyone going "Hood Sickle is in? I want 3 villains per element!" elsewhere. The press release didn't suddenly change, let alone when this was around the same time.
---
#6340 Posted: 15:49:24 05/07/2016

dude, he's tech without a doubt.

did you even see the halved gear on his head?
#6341 Posted: 15:50:03 05/07/2016
3 villains per element would certainly be better than what we have now.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#6342 Posted: 15:51:37 05/07/2016

Agreed
#6343 Posted: 15:52:01 05/07/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

S'just a crest dude. The guy looks like he's made of rock, and the symbol on his crest looks like the Earth symbol.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#6344 Posted: 15:52:18 05/07/2016

We don't even have the full, clear image of most of them, tho...
#6345 Posted: 15:52:24 05/07/2016
I'M SHAKING MY FACE OFF RIGHT NOW. I CAN'T STOP THINKING THAT LUMINOUS ISN'T GETTING A FIGURE. HIS ONLY CHANCE NOW IS KNIGHT!

AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!
---
#6346 Posted: 15:53:37 05/07/2016

You're missing the point. People think everything changed when we don't even know if this is final.
---
#6347 Posted: 15:54:31 05/07/2016
Quote: Bifrost

You're missing the point. People think everything changed when we don't even know if this is final.

I know, but I don't like the roster
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#6348 Posted: 15:57:02 05/07/2016
It better not be final. I DONT WANNA SEE TWO VILLAINS THAT ARE FROM THE SAME ELEMENT. NU-UN. NU-UNNNNNNNNN
---
#6349 Posted: 15:57:18 05/07/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

S'just a crest dude. The guy looks like he's made of rock, and the symbol on his crest looks like the Earth symbol.

I actually think he's made of copper wires, which kinda make a beard or complete "fur".
I've ignored details like that halved gear waaaay too many times, and the rest of the design usually made me speculate wrong.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
First | Previous | Page 127 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 125 126 127 128 129 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me