darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 53 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#2601 Posted: 16:55:04 01/06/2016
Quote: GigaCamo
Quote: Bifrost
Dose anyone have a link to where the Skylanders drawlings contest is? I want to submit my design for a new Skylander. I saw a link earlier but it didn't take me to it.

I don't remember where I found the link, but it was on a pdf on the official site with the rules.

Again, willing to offer help on polishing a design, though obv as the rule of no other people's work I won't draw anything. Just helping with the concept, lore, what moves look nice,etc.

The link was pg 49 or 50. Also I want my Ice Dragon, Snowfall to win.

Go on Twitter, Skylanders official account a post your photo with the hashtag #SkylandersArtContest
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
SkylandersEzra Emerald Sparx Gems: 3659
#2602 Posted: 16:55:32 01/06/2016
Quote: DeadPortal
Hey guys, the Starter Pack content list doesn't name a Portal...

If you look at the bottom of the front of the Starter Pack box, it says "Included Inside" and pictures a Portal.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#2603 Posted: 16:55:36 01/06/2016
What are all 10 Battle Classes again? I feel like that should be in the Everything We Know thread, but it isn't.

Everything I (and now we) know in one handy doc:

https://docs.google.com/docume...dit?usp=sharing
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#2604 Posted: 16:56:23 01/06/2016
Quote: Buuzer
But.... can we change weapon?

Yes. In a video, the Imaginator switched from using an axe to a guitar

I know. I was talking about changing from Axe-style to Ninja-style and etc...
I see no reset button :/

Surely, the crystals must have some way of resetting otherwise it would ruin their resell value.
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#2605 Posted: 16:57:14 01/06/2016

I don't remember where I found the link, but it was on a pdf on the official site with the rules.

Again, willing to offer help on polishing a design, though obv as the rule of no other people's work I won't draw anything. Just helping with the concept, lore, what moves look nice,etc.

Go on Twitter, Skylanders official account a post your photo with the hashtag #SkylandersArtContest

Gosh darn it. Another Twitter thing? I guess I'll create a account
#2606 Posted: 16:57:23 01/06/2016
Quote: alicecarp

Yes. In a video, the Imaginator switched from using an axe to a guitar

I know. I was talking about changing from Axe-style to Ninja-style and etc...
I see no reset button :/

Surely, the crystals must have some way of resetting otherwise it would ruin their resell value.

Data will be overwritten just like traps. Effectively they're identical. They take one character at a time of a specific element.
---
DeadPortal Blue Sparx Gems: 600
#2607 Posted: 17:00:31 01/06/2016
Quote: wideawakewesley
What are all 10 Battle Classes again? I feel like that should be in the Everything We Know thread, but it isn't.

Everything I (and now we) know in one handy doc:

https://docs.google.com/docume...dit?usp=sharing

Thanks!
---
My FanFiction

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/6264483/DeadPortal
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#2608 Posted: 17:01:27 01/06/2016
Dark edition seems tempting, but it depends on whether or not everything that is in it is sold individually if I get it or not.

The Imaginators look really fun though. And I love Dark King Pen.
---
Hahahahaha
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2609 Posted: 17:02:29 01/06/2016
Quote: ladala
I wouldn't call them VV-landers, more of a compromise. If VV did this, we'd be looking at only changing body size, not individual parts, as in make a character without a triangle chest, giant hands and stubby legs. It's not as varied as we wanted to but it still has plenty of room for creativity.

That's just the Swap Force gimmicklanders though. With the exception of Scratch, Pop Thorn, Slobber Tooth and maybe Wind-up, all the characters introduced in Swap Force and Superchargers look to be createable in this engine, so long as you have the right parts. There's a lot more variety, especially counting the likes of Dive-Clops and Smash Hit. It's just that nearly everyone has a weapon, and aside from the ones mentioned above, they all are at least semi-humanoid.

Compare TFB who have a complete set of dragons(plus a few more), a griffin, two dogs, a horse, a couple of two-in-one characters, plus some bipeds who have creative uses of design, such as Prism Break, Chopper, and Tread Head. You won't be able to make THOSE in this engine.

Definitely doubt we'll see some Tread Head designs, but I'm pretty sure we could create something along the lines of Prism Break and maybe even Chopper (at least in terms of proportions).

I also saw one of the Battle Class presets looking really similar to Trigger Happy, mean he's a pretty creative humanoid.

But yeah, I think they kinda "limited" the creation on purpose.
Which is good in my opinion, because it really sets apart Imaginators from proper Skylanders (they also have less upgrades if I'm not wrong): doubt we could get the options to create characters which would rival the ones trapped in figure form, because they have an artistic vision behind them, after all.

We will create "minor" Skylanders, which do need to be trained.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#2610 Posted: 17:06:00 01/06/2016

Welp, guess that's out of the question for me. Whenever I try to make a Twitter account, it says my email has been used, even though I never made a Twitter account.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2611 Posted: 17:06:46 01/06/2016
I saw one of the types- it looked like a levitating healer hippie guy.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#2612 Posted: 17:07:21 01/06/2016
That Dark Edition's tempting, but I don't think I'll go for it.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#2613 Posted: 17:08:54 01/06/2016
totally going for that dark edition.
#2614 Posted: 17:09:15 01/06/2016
Quote: 84skylanderdude
That Dark Edition's tempting, but I don't think I'll go for it.

I'll probably end up buying dark edition then buying regular starter pack characters on eBay
---
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#2615 Posted: 17:09:56 01/06/2016
Well so far, I can make out that Wave 1, we will be getting the following.

• Master King Pen
  • Golden Queen
  • Tri-Tip
  • Wolfgang
  • Fire Creation Crystal
  • Life Creation Crystal
  • Dark Creation Crystal
  • Dark King Pen
  • Dark Golden Queen
  • Dark Wolfgang

Unless certain things from the Dark Starter pack will be in different waves, like Wolfgang. It's happened with Smash Hit.
So far, a decent Wave One, but could be better. Hope to see some awesome characters added onto it, like the Life sensei or the Fire Sensei, but those look like Wave 2/3 characters.
I'm not going for the Dark Edition. I've never really liked the color pallet that much. The only reason why I got it was because of the special exclusive things that are featured in it, but chances are, I can get any of the things featured in the Dark Edition regularly on Day One.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:11:15 01/06/2016 by Luminous35
#2616 Posted: 17:10:22 01/06/2016
Quote: PwnageFTW

Welp, guess that's out of the question for me. Whenever I try to make a Twitter account, it says my email has been used, even though I never made a Twitter account.

I reloaded the Twitter app. I got everything ready. Just have to draw mine
#2617 Posted: 17:12:05 01/06/2016
Quote: Luminous35

• Master King Pen
  • Golden Queen
  • Tri-Tip
  • Wolfgang
  • Fire Creation Crystal
  • Life Creation Crystal
  • Dark Creation Crystal
  • Dark King Pen
  • Dark Golden Queen
  • Dark Wolfgang

Unless certain things from the Dark Starter pack will be in different waves, like Wolfgang. It's happened with Smash Hit.
So far, a decent Wave One, but could be better. Hope to see some awesome characters added onto it, like the Life sensei or the Fire Sensei, but those look like Wave 2/3 characters.
I'm not going for the Dark Edition. I've never really liked the color pallet that much. The only reason why I got it was because of the special exclusive things that are featured in it, but chances are, I can get any of the things featured in the Dark Edition regularly on Day One.

Yea, usually the epic looking characters don't come til 2 or 3
---
#2618 Posted: 17:12:58 01/06/2016
Sadly smilie
Really like the Life Guy, but if hes in Wave 2, I'm happy.
---
#2619 Posted: 17:13:10 01/06/2016
got my drawing ready- just gotta color.

and don't forget there are 11 runner up winners who get a free starter pack so don't go at each other's throats just yet
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#2620 Posted: 17:13:59 01/06/2016
Where didi you saw the Dark Edition contents? Can someone show me shoots of booth Starters?
---
Bruh
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2621 Posted: 17:14:26 01/06/2016
Also, man, I'm still surprised at how TFB solved the villain issue at least for the Doom Raiders. At least for GD and Wolfgang it makes sense, because she was addicted to gold and rehab would make her stop obsessing with it and Wolfgang went insane from rejection. And if they already accepted help, training the Superchargers in the boss pursuits in their spare time shouldn't be an issue if the Skylanders are ok with it.
Luminous and Nightshade are even easier to explain, since Luminous just lacks a moral compass for a genuine fear and Nightshade's a huge showofd which gladly accepts his fate once he's put in his place.

Now my only real concern is how the story itself would be handled. TFB hasn't gone back on any of VV's changes, only making them better; so I hope this is no different.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#2622 Posted: 17:14:33 01/06/2016
Quote: PwnageFTW

I reloaded the Twitter app. I got everything ready. Just have to draw mine

If I can manage to get an account using my mom or dad's email, I'm gonna make a stuffed animal-like skylander that looks totally friendly and then the next second later he goes berserk and destroys everything around him.
---
#2623 Posted: 17:15:33 01/06/2016
Once I'm done with my design I'll post it here.
#2624 Posted: 17:16:14 01/06/2016

People could steal it like they've done with fake leaks already. I'd have it at Fan Art where it's obviously yours, while in here it could get lost in the discussion.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:16:54 01/06/2016 by Bifrost
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#2625 Posted: 17:16:43 01/06/2016

• Master King Pen
  • Golden Queen
  • Tri-Tip
  • Wolfgang
  • Fire Creation Crystal
  • Life Creation Crystal
  • Dark Creation Crystal
  • Dark King Pen
  • Dark Golden Queen
  • Dark Wolfgang

i just hope for a money bone figurine, that would make my day smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#2626 Posted: 17:16:51 01/06/2016
my design is like a cross between a witch doctor and a voodoo doll, who can throw needle harpoons and summon random limbs to fight for him.
#2627 Posted: 17:23:00 01/06/2016
[quote=[url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=127451&post=5968790]Bifrost[/url]][quote=[url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=127451&post=5968788]GigaCamo[/url]]Once I'm done with my design I'll post it here.[/quote]

People could steal it like they've done with fake leaks already. I'd have it at Fan Art where it's obviously yours, while in here it could get lost in the discussion.[/quote]

Thanks for suggesting. I'll definitely do that. smilie

The more I think about it, I'll post my guys info when I actually submit him first just to be safe.
#2628 Posted: 17:23:11 01/06/2016

Slap a watermark on it!
---
#2629 Posted: 17:25:10 01/06/2016
Uh, if you guys don't mind the critique...
I wouldn't rush it so much, there are two whole weeks still. Get the characters and the powers neatly separated, maybe draw your guy in different angles so your idea is better transmitted. Buuzer's for example is a bit messy since the transformations and the appearance are all mixed up.
Dunno about the requirements but I'd even get an A3 sheet if you're comfy with bigger drawings. More space, more room for words and organization.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:26:30 01/06/2016 by Bifrost
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#2630 Posted: 17:26:24 01/06/2016
Maybe I'll submit my original spider OC idea.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#2631 Posted: 17:27:08 01/06/2016
yeah, i still need to color stitch doctor in smilie

i'll probably submit next week.
#2632 Posted: 17:27:35 01/06/2016
Hm, I could also make a fake sheet for Karmalade(one of my plans for a creation) as an example when I get home or tomorrow, I bet it'll do a better job than words.
I can't really participate since not in the US nor can anyone take that since other person's work, but you guys could take notes on how organized it can be.

Hmm, I have an hour free here even, I'll try it on an A4 I've got on my backpack a d later polish it as well.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:28:59 01/06/2016 by Bifrost
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#2633 Posted: 17:29:45 01/06/2016
I removed my creation, it can be stealed. BTW Sended to Skylanders account. Hope to win and good luck to all of you! smilie
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#2634 Posted: 17:30:55 01/06/2016
Once mine is on Twitter I'll send it here. I think any dragon fan would like him.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#2635 Posted: 17:31:38 01/06/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan
I wouldn't call them VV-landers, more of a compromise. If VV did this, we'd be looking at only changing body size, not individual parts, as in make a character without a triangle chest, giant hands and stubby legs. It's not as varied as we wanted to but it still has plenty of room for creativity.

Also you can make giant women, or make guys wear tank tops. That'd be definately asking too much from VV.

This game definitely looks like a step in the right direction for TfB and V.V to eventually work together on a game. Imagine... VV's gimmick ideas mixed with TfB's character designs, VV's level length/checkpoints mixed with TfB's level design, and both of their story ideas mixed together!

the other way around please, I don't want forced vehicles and absolutely despiseable characters.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#2636 Posted: 17:33:31 01/06/2016
Do you have some issues you wanna work out Deja Vu or
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#2637 Posted: 17:34:57 01/06/2016
Better get started on my drawing
---
#2638 Posted: 17:35:11 01/06/2016
I'd take a "I don't need advice" but sure send it one day in without much thought e_e I still want to help, though, just quickly sketching a mock sheet.
---
PainterRex Blue Sparx Gems: 881
#2639 Posted: 17:39:08 01/06/2016
I bet the make-your-own-skylander thing is the guest star
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#2640 Posted: 17:42:55 01/06/2016
Quote: Bionichute
Do you have some issues you wanna work out Deja Vu or

No no, what I meant is that TFB makes some really bad characters but also really amazing ones, while VV makes all characters okay and likeable and a few amazing ones.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#2641 Posted: 17:44:13 01/06/2016
Quote: PainterRex
I bet the make-your-own-skylander thing is the guest star

Wouldn't suprise at all.

Would like to take part in the competition but, you know...I'm 0 talented at drawing.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
PMTgaming150 Gold Sparx Gems: 2238
#2642 Posted: 17:51:58 01/06/2016
I'll be submitting a design too, he's my favorite skylander OC that I've made
he's a dragon man with a cannon arm named Gauntlet here's his ref sheet I made
[User Posted Image]

if it's not there I don't know how to image smilie
---
MS paint DIO stares into your soul
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:19:55 01/06/2016 by PMTgaming150
#2643 Posted: 17:52:05 01/06/2016
http://prntscr.com/bb3xr9

I JUST DIED LAUGHING.
---
#2644 Posted: 17:57:41 01/06/2016
http://i.imgur.com/f7ouI95.jpg

I deeed it, but phone really likes big pictures so link. This is Karmalade, or at least what I remember from the first time I thought about it.

Here it is, might be a bit big, this is a mock sheet I can't upload this and you'll get disqualified if you do, but it's pretty much the basics if you have an A4 paper. The character, the attacks, all neatly organized, and sketches demonstrating stuff have proper placement. No coloring since I don't carry my coloring pencils, when i get home I'll redo this on my A3 and show coloring.

Oh yeah. Sketch, always sketch. You might not draw well but you can draw much better if you plan out the size with lightly drawn circles and rectangles, then you can draw the final character on top with a pen or stronger pressed pencil.

Edit: I forgot the catchphrase. Pretend "Open up!" Is written there.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:05:13 01/06/2016 by Bifrost
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#2645 Posted: 18:00:46 01/06/2016
So about upgrades for Imaginators
They come with like two
Then you can take the Third Attack of a sensei you own, and the Sensei will teach it to the Imaginator.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Icebrrrg Green Sparx Gems: 327
#2646 Posted: 18:01:37 01/06/2016
I'm not sure what system this is better to get on....Wii U or 360?
I don't have a PS4 any more and will wait a good while before I get another one as it wasn't played much.

I'll assume Wii U would be best graphically.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#2647 Posted: 18:01:50 01/06/2016
Quote: Crash10
Where didi you saw the Dark Edition contents? Can someone show me shoots of booth Starters?

It's on GameStop, and there's no pics but it lists the contents in the description.

Quote: Icebrrrg
I'm not sure what system this is better to get on....Wii U or 360?
I don't have a PS4 any more and will wait a good while before I get another one as it wasn't played much.

I'll assume Wii U would be best graphically.

Wii U, definitely.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:07:32 01/06/2016 by 84skylanderdude
#2648 Posted: 18:10:34 01/06/2016

I JUST DIED LAUGHING.

this is forum weapon material right here
#2649 Posted: 18:10:51 01/06/2016
Quote: PMTgaming150
I'll be submitting a design too, he's my favorite skylander OC that I've made
he's a dragon man with a cannon arm named Gauntlet here's his ref sheet I made
Gauntlet

Link doesn't work.
#2650 Posted: 18:13:01 01/06/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

I JUST DIED LAUGHING.

this is forum weapon material right here

So making this the catchphrase for my first skylander in the fire creation crystal
---
First | Previous | Page 53 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me