darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 25 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#1201 Posted: 10:53:11 28/05/2016
Welp, I have an exam on Thursday, but it's for English and, well, I think you could already guess that that's not a big problem. But only 5 more days!!! I'd love to make a countdown but we don't know when exactly it'll be revealed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:53:37 28/05/2016 by Deja Vu
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#1202 Posted: 11:16:34 28/05/2016
Seems like a red herring to me. He was just answering it randomly, and this is true for SC as well because you can beat the entire game with the Instants.

That said, if Digital Owners if back, I'm happy.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:17:42 28/05/2016 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#1203 Posted: 11:22:59 28/05/2016
Quote: GaiaMemories
Quote: 84skylanderdude
^ All the Skylanders look cheap. And Wii U is the most popular console if I'm not mistaken. Skymiibos were a great marketing move to get Amiibo fans interested in Skylanders. And the point isn't that they're compatible with future titles or different platforms, where'd you pull that from? The point is they're toys to life, that's it.

Maybe my memory is failing me, but wasn't a thing in the original ads "bring your skylanders and use them on a friend's console"? With the Skymiibo it's "bring your figures and vehicles and use them on a friends console unless they play on XBox, Play Station or mobile devices". As fun as the 2 are, they break a big rule of the franchise. And I have personal issues with them as DK took Spitfire's spot in the WiiU starter.

Quote:
No they don't. Bowser is Fire but there's still two normal Fire Skylanders in SSC like every other element.

Before they were announced they said "20 characters and 20 vehicles" which implied 2 of each element. Yet Bowser, DK and their vehicles count as 4 with Light and Dark only getting one character and one vehicle each. So they really sort of took other spots that could have been filled with more unique characters.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I really don't want to go into this discussion again in a Skylanders 6 topic, but I once again confirm my point of view: guest-stars aren't bad per se (Skymiibos were, as explained by GaiaMemories), but were handled terribly and got released in the worst moment possible for a number of reasons.
It was just V.V. (no, to be fair it probably was just Guha, maybe his brother as well) fanboying heavily without caring a bit about the rest of their customers, as long as they had something "cool, vehicle-related and over-the-top" to show.

I'm not gonna enter the figure quality matter either, because from the discussions I had and am having it looks like that apparently objective aspect isn't objective at all.
I do think Skymiibos weren't as good as other figures but Astroblast, for example, was probably worse.

Now, going back to the discussion.
The podcast makes me believe we'll get our news starting from next week, because he sounds really impatient to share what he know and saw.
At least this time is a supposed fan or at least a potential customer talking about the game, and not Activision's PR.

This makes me even more hyped of course BUT at least this time I have some kind of date to look for! smilie
No frustration! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:24:13 28/05/2016 by Drek95
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#1204 Posted: 11:57:58 28/05/2016
I absolutely agree about characters being playable without toys.
That's why I didn't even mentioned that part, I guess he was just him randomly anserina that question without neither of them thinking too much on what they were talking about.
It works with certain Instants but I think it would most likely ruin or heavily damage the idea of the game.
Not to mention it could kill sales: if I still had to put a character on the Portal at least one time to unlock it in-game, then I would ask someone to borrow it for a second and... Voilà!
I can play with that character all the time I want.

Sure, it might solve the problem of figures casting to work but I think a Cloud system where you automatically upload your own Skylander's progresses and have the ability to download them in any new toy of the same type you buy, would be a much better way to deal with it.

Regarding villains, I absolutely want my traps to work like they did in the fourth game, but I think they could play with that concept a bit.
Now that Kaos is kinda on our side he could ask certain particularly strong villains to join his own Elite team, and give them the possibility to be upgraded just like a regular Skylander.
I think a villain per Element would be enough (but I doubt they will all be Doom Raiders) but who knows?
I think it might work well as a completely optional side-gimmick.

I do want some serious explanations if they create villains' figures, though.
I will not accept a random "nerf" once again.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:58:50 28/05/2016 by Drek95
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#1205 Posted: 13:50:15 28/05/2016
Quote: angelg
^You seem happy Wesley, that's good news for all of us, skylander fans smilie

They could release an updated version of Spyro's Adventure for PS4 and I'd be happy smilie

(and no, that's not a clue or insider knowledge, but I would love it)
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1206 Posted: 13:55:28 28/05/2016
Quote: wideawakewesley

They could release an updated version of Spyro's Adventure for PS4 and I'd be happy smilie

Oh man... I wish Sky 6 was just another game like SSA. No weird gimmicks, no extreme pay walls, just some toys and a fun game!
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#1207 Posted: 14:02:12 28/05/2016
I had a dream (I think) where they said that the game would be revealed on the 30th. It means nothing, but its weird.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#1208 Posted: 14:33:06 28/05/2016
The Wii U is far from being the most popular console of the new gen, in fact it's the last one, and quite a dissapointment for nintento.

That's true, but when we say most popular console on this forum we mean the console that generates the most sales for Skylanders Games, which is, in fact, the Wii U (As far as current-gen consoles go)
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
#1209 Posted: 14:38:28 28/05/2016
It's also along with PS4 the one with the most online activity for sure. That helped me choose it for SC even if it'll be my last console for a while(and at its last year too).
---
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#1210 Posted: 15:05:58 28/05/2016
Is anyone a bit skeptical about the whole reveal thing? Is Activision or TFB or whatever even ok with this reveal? Something tells me that this game wont even feel like Skylanders anymore...
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#1211 Posted: 15:08:39 28/05/2016

a remake of Spyro's Adventure for PS4, i would love that smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#1212 Posted: 15:22:14 28/05/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone

If it was for Wii U too, I'd be very happy. smilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1213 Posted: 15:29:25 28/05/2016
Quote: Swap Force Fan

don't forget the xbox one!
#1214 Posted: 15:29:55 28/05/2016
Quote: Luminous35
Is anyone a bit skeptical about the whole reveal thing? Is Activision or TFB or whatever even ok with this reveal? Something tells me that this game wont even feel like Skylanders anymore...

No Skylanders game feels like Skyanders since SF anymore, SSA seems like a total different game now.
#1215 Posted: 15:32:02 28/05/2016
Trap Team was pretty Skylanders imho. SF and SC definately had an identity crisis,but being the Giants 2 as some said is a good thing to me.

It had 99 problems but a consistent style ain't one.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:32:31 28/05/2016 by Bifrost
#1216 Posted: 18:04:02 28/05/2016
Quote: Swap Force Fan

there is a japanese version already for the wiiu...

[User Posted Image]
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=206168

so it shouldn't be that hard to get it working for a western release... how good version it is i dunno..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:05:58 28/05/2016 by CountMoneyBone
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#1217 Posted: 18:07:52 28/05/2016
^ They're talking about a full fledged remake, not just put onto modern consoles. SSA is already on Wii U for America too.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#1218 Posted: 18:43:01 28/05/2016
I'd prefer a slight remaster, but I'm for any kind of return of SSA since it's still the reason why I love Skylanders so much.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#1219 Posted: 18:43:52 28/05/2016
Quote: Blink182Bouncer
The Wii U is far from being the most popular console of the new gen, in fact it's the last one, and quite a dissapointment for nintento.

That's true, but when we say most popular console on this forum we mean the console that generates the most sales for Skylanders Games, which is, in fact, the Wii U (As far as current-gen consoles go)

Kind of suppose you were talking about that. I just add that note to avoid missunderstandings for guests of this community smilie

Not sure about Wii U being the best seller of skylander games. This may have been the case of Wii as far as SA and Giants are concerned but a lot has changed since then (wii is alrready getting "simplfied" versions of the game, and the small figures of Wii U sales may affected consequently skylander sales on the platform). I'm trying to find reliable sources fo sales figures per platform, but they have been quite hermetic in the last years.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#1220 Posted: 19:21:56 28/05/2016
The first three were the best games in my opinon. The ball dropped with STT not feeling very dark, and very static and too scared to try anything new. SSC was bad cause every level felt like a filler level, with some weird gimmick.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
#1221 Posted: 19:38:07 28/05/2016
^ They're talking about a full fledged remake, not just put onto modern consoles. SSA is already on Wii U for America too.

so it was only europe that didnt get ssa wiiu version??
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#1222 Posted: 20:11:00 28/05/2016

IT is? I thought the first Skylanders game on Wii U was Giants?
---
Dead
#1223 Posted: 20:15:06 28/05/2016
Oh, I might've been thinking of Giants.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#1224 Posted: 20:19:52 28/05/2016

the wiiu giants are good, you have the extra screen and the graphics is more crisp and less blurry than the ps3/xb360 version too.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:21:11 28/05/2016 by CountMoneyBone
#1225 Posted: 23:08:35 28/05/2016

the wiiu giants are good, you have the extra screen and the graphics is more crisp and less blurry than the ps3/xb360 version too.

Well that's just because it's a more advanced console.
---
SodaPopHD Gold Sparx Gems: 2023
#1226 Posted: 02:35:39 29/05/2016
I wonder if it will be anything like the last two years, where we got a huge leak a day or two before the reveal.

The title card for SuperChargers was revealed the day before the reveal of the game itself, where we saw smilie, smilie, and smilie (and their respective vehicles), and smilie, smilie, and smilie.

The Mega Bloks leak for Trap Team was revealed two days before the reveal of the game itself, where smilie, smilie, smilie, and smilie were leaked.
---
"Sarcasm is like punching someone in the face, but with words."
"You're not ugly. You're a beautiful monkey."
JOIN THE CAUSE TO SAVE DITTO!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:37:17 29/05/2016 by SodaPopHD
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#1227 Posted: 03:50:30 29/05/2016
Quote: SodaPopHD
I wonder if it will be anything like the last two years, where we got a huge leak a day or two before the reveal.

The title card for SuperChargers was revealed the day before the reveal of the game itself, where we saw smilie, smilie, and smilie (and their respective vehicles), and smilie, smilie, and smilie.

The Mega Bloks leak for Trap Team was revealed two days before the reveal of the game itself, where smilie, smilie, smilie, and smilie were leaked.

The Mega Bloks leak was 2 months before Trap Team was revealed. It was at the Toy Fair in February 2014...
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
SilverWolf2308 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1148
#1228 Posted: 08:19:30 29/05/2016

It might not be high in sales compared to other next gen consoles, but the Wii U is also a more child friendly console, yet not every parent buys their child a Wii U, where as adults we'll happily go buy a PS4 or Xbox One and will happily replace ours if it dies (even more so if it's under warranty still). Skylanders definitely sells more on Nintendo Consoles than any other console. We shouldn't really concentrate sales on consoles but more on games per console sold.
---
Instagram: SilverWolf2308 https://instagram.com/silverwolf2308
YouTube: SilverWolf2308 https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWolf2308
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#1229 Posted: 09:03:33 29/05/2016
Quote: SilverWolf2308

It might not be high in sales compared to other next gen consoles, but the Wii U is also a more child friendly console, yet not every parent buys their child a Wii U, where as adults we'll happily go buy a PS4 or Xbox One and will happily replace ours if it dies (even more so if it's under warranty still). Skylanders definitely sells more on Nintendo Consoles than any other console. We shouldn't really concentrate sales on consoles but more on games per console sold.

Like I have said in my previous posts, I haven't found a reliable source which confirms Wii U being the best seller for skylanders games.

It seems Wii was the console which sold more SA and SG, but a lot has changed since then. Wii is already fading and it's getting "simplified versions" of games, while Wii U small sales may have affected, consequently, the skylanders sales on this platform.

All of this, plus the fact I haven't found any reliable sales source for the last two-three games of the series, leads me to wonder wheter Wii U is really the best seller for skylander games, despite being the most child oriented platform.

I brought up the consoles sales subject for two reasons: 1) To clarify for community guests the possible missunderstading when describing Wii U as the "most popular" platform and 2) To highlight the fact that Wii U sales figures may have affected negatively Skylanders games sales on that platform.

I may be totally wrong though and Wii U stills be the #1. TBH I wouldn't dislike this, since it would possibly motivate the continuation of skymiibos, but this is already a personal opinion smilie
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1230 Posted: 11:49:03 29/05/2016
Quote: Drawdler
... Okay, you know what, I just realised something that really ticks me off! Some officials (don't remember if they were from VV or TFB, VV I think, but it was probably just a rushed excuse anyway) said one was the reasons PVP was removed was because Skylanders shouldn't be fighting eachother. Now, that's ridiculous because heroes should help eachother train and can practice better teamwork that way... But then they made a PVP mode where Skylanders fight eachother in Battlecast too! Not to mention the racing mode! Man, it's a nitpick but it's really annoyed me now... That was just such a terrible excuse in general.

Not to go completely off topic but another reason that excuse is BS is because we've had multiple successful products that basically are heroes fighting. Off the top of my head, we have Overwatch, Civil War, Super Smash Bros, and Injustice Gods Among Us. What do all of these have in common? That they explain why everyone is fighting in a competent and clever way. The real reason PVP never returned was because it'd be tough as balls to balance. Hell, even Skylanders: Swap Force's Battle Mode was completely unbalanced (I spammed Roller Brawl to hell and back!)

If Battle Mode was to return, it'd need a massive overhaul! Maybe it's like a mini fighting game within the games where you take control of a roster of several random Skylanders and Villains and your toys act more like Assist Trophies? I don't know, that's my crazy idea.
#1231 Posted: 12:06:47 29/05/2016
It was VV and Guha Bala trying to find excuses for racing mode(something something Skylanders don't fight, they compete), so probably found in Gamescon interviews.
TFB's excuse was that they wanted villains to be usable but it'd cause major balance issues, even if it's pretty obvious the real issue was time constraints. They could probably find a way but there's so much unfinished in that game that a good 3 months would be needed for balancing.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:08:40 29/05/2016 by Bifrost
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#1232 Posted: 12:17:17 29/05/2016
One thing to remember, if we do get an announcement this week, I imagine they'll hold plenty of details back. Previous launches have only revealed so much, so that they have "reveals" they can use for marketing to fill the void between initial announcement and launch. Pretty sure skymiibos and multiplayer weren't spoken about at the Superchargers launch and those are the kind of big elements that I'd expect Activision to hold back on again. From memory we normally get the core concept, figure numbers and starter pack details initially.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
#1233 Posted: 12:56:05 29/05/2016
Well yeah, but it won't be the crapfest that SC was hopefully. TFB knows a lot more about useless details to share instead of filling it up with buzzwords and dodging questions - how many times you heard SC PR say "we can't answer this yet?" on camera compared to question dodging? TFB always goes for the former or occasionally "wish we could show you that, but we only have X for now".

Though keep in mind I wasn't restlessly hunting for info during TT and Giants. I know the Connected World(???) interviews with the devs that are always awesome.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:57:33 29/05/2016 by Bifrost
#1234 Posted: 14:04:22 29/05/2016
If they're really worried about balancing, just have a tier option during online matchmaking. Unplayable, Good, OP and Bumble Blast.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:04:43 29/05/2016 by Bifrost
#1235 Posted: 14:11:30 29/05/2016
Quote: Bifrost
If they're really worried about balancing, just have a tier option during online matchmaking. Unplayable, Good, OP and Bumble Blast.

We as a community should make a tier list. Is there already a topic on that?
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1236 Posted: 14:23:50 29/05/2016

We should probably wait until we at least know if there even is a battle mode in this game.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
SodaPopHD Gold Sparx Gems: 2023
#1237 Posted: 14:33:07 29/05/2016
Quote: ninja9351
Quote: SodaPopHD

The Mega Bloks leak was 2 months before Trap Team was revealed. It was at the Toy Fair in February 2014...

I knew someone would correct me. Sorry 'bout that. I meant to say that it was a screenshot of the trailer that was revealed.
---
"Sarcasm is like punching someone in the face, but with words."
"You're not ugly. You're a beautiful monkey."
JOIN THE CAUSE TO SAVE DITTO!
#1238 Posted: 15:24:29 29/05/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03

We should probably wait until we at least know if there even is a battle mode in this game.

We don't need Battle Mode to have a Tier list.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1239 Posted: 16:02:54 29/05/2016

Then how would we do it?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1240 Posted: 16:18:16 29/05/2016

Then how would we do it?

Judge their skills on taking down enemies/bosses.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
BOOMCAKE Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#1241 Posted: 16:26:01 29/05/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257

Then how would we do it?

Judge their skills on taking down enemies/bosses.

Survival Skills are much more important in PVP, why bother with DPS and Dmg output if the DPS Skylanders gets beaten up by a Skylander with heal abilities, Shield or Crowd Controls.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:27:11 29/05/2016 by BOOMCAKE
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#1242 Posted: 16:54:07 29/05/2016
I hope for battle mode
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:08:18 29/05/2016 by TTD
The PokemonMan Green Sparx Gems: 314
#1243 Posted: 16:56:46 29/05/2016
I just visited the Calendar Website and noticed that it says 'DISCONTINUED' next to the Price

http://www.calendars.com/Skyla...od201500011644/

Could this mean that Activision found out, or was it already there before and i didn't notice
---
POKEMON SUN AND MOON
#1244 Posted: 17:43:44 29/05/2016
If they do PvP, then only with an online option because I don't have anyone who wants to fight with me... #nosociallife
#1245 Posted: 18:27:45 29/05/2016
Quote: Deja Vu
If they do PvP, then only with an online option because I don't have anyone who wants to fight with me... #nosociallife

Same.
---
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#1246 Posted: 18:40:10 29/05/2016
Quote: Deja Vu

Same.

Same here!
First | Previous | Page 25 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me