darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 9 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#401 Posted: 15:31:00 06/05/2016
http://attackofthefanboy.com/n...016-activision/

The article writer sounds quite hopeful for this Skylanders entry in terms of sales. It really is a mystery what Activision & Toys for Bob will do this year. As I always say, I hope it is something traditional.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#402 Posted: 13:00:24 07/05/2016
Huh, I had an interesting dream that could be a nice idea. I dreamed that the SC soul gems weren't short, but 3-4 minute short animations showing the skylander defeating a random villain or showcasing a quick version of their backstory, all in-engine.
If they really feel like having to give everyone something relating to their story or no one, this could be a cute compromise. Could be even Skylanders Academy clips if they have backstory stuff - but short and showcases the Skylander and goes straight to the point. For example, in my dream Spitfire's soul gem was thwarting the Golden Queen using some comical distraction with the Hot Streak, or Nightfall stopping a train robbery with her powers. All quick and attention-grabbing, and possibly not too time consuming to create.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:01:01 07/05/2016 by Bifrost
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#403 Posted: 15:42:23 07/05/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Huh, I had an interesting dream that could be a nice idea. I dreamed that the SC soul gems weren't short, but 3-4 minute short animations showing the skylander defeating a random villain or showcasing a quick version of their backstory, all in-engine.
If they really feel like having to give everyone something relating to their story or no one, this could be a cute compromise. Could be even Skylanders Academy clips if they have backstory stuff - but short and showcases the Skylander and goes straight to the point. For example, in my dream Spitfire's soul gem was thwarting the Golden Queen using some comical distraction with the Hot Streak, or Nightfall stopping a train robbery with her powers. All quick and attention-grabbing, and possibly not too time consuming to create.

It'd be really nice if in Sky6 (or 7) they have a time machine or something that can be used by the new Skylanders (or maybe just the gimmick Skylanders for the game). When you find each Skylander's soul gem, you can put it in the machine to go back and play through a portion of their backstory.
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#404 Posted: 16:38:36 07/05/2016
Where we go we don't need no time machine ... we as portal masters can only use the portal (like Giants) smilie.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#405 Posted: 18:06:23 07/05/2016
Time travelling via portal is a neat idea, actually.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#406 Posted: 18:19:20 07/05/2016
And in Trap Team they did say time travelling is a Portal Master power, so...
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#407 Posted: 06:12:48 08/05/2016
How we wrote more than once a time story would be very nice. But on the other side we have the as yet senseless Academy. If it would more like a school (Hogwarts, Xavier's School from the X-Men or the school from Monsters University) with class rooms and training areas, so they could make some historical levels.

A few days ago we had the announcement of the new CoD (IW) with a remastered version of CoD MW as bonus. Sky 6 with a remastered SA could be very nice, on XBOX 360 and PS3 it was a very bad Wii clone. Good for the old players, that plays the games since SA and SG, but for newly they must make a double starter pack and release all characters of series one again. So that I would prefer some reinterpret versions of the levels in the view of the Flynn, Cali, Hugo, etc. as bonus stages.

And for characters, at leat the new one or revamped (maybe based on the tv show) they could make challenges with their first mission as Skylander.

I know, a lot bonus stuff, but we pay every year 200+ bucks for the new Skylanders game, so that they must give us more content as in the last two parts of the franchise.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:13:20 08/05/2016 by Jeriba
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#408 Posted: 03:22:29 10/05/2016
Good news! You can preorder Skylanders 6 at EB Games Australia. So to people like ZapNorris smilie who think the series is canned, this is proof it is not.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:23:05 10/05/2016 by Snap Shot
Dalton977622 Blue Sparx Gems: 804
#409 Posted: 05:10:05 10/05/2016
Can you send us a link to it?
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#410 Posted: 06:45:22 10/05/2016
Quote: Snap Shot
Good news! You can preorder Skylanders 6 at EB Games Australia. So to people like ZapNorris smilie who think the series is canned, this is proof it is not.

I haven't found it. Do you have the link?
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:55:26 10/05/2016 by angelg
#411 Posted: 07:03:43 10/05/2016
Quote: angelg

I don't have the link but the person at EB told me it's in the system as Skylanders 2016. Obviously it has no release date.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#412 Posted: 07:41:13 10/05/2016
Hopefully they will start getting additionaly details in the system soon, like the whole complete title of the game.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#413 Posted: 11:15:32 10/05/2016
Quote: angelg

I don't have the link but the person at EB told me it's in the system as Skylanders 2016. Obviously it has no release date.

Did you get any more info about it?
#414 Posted: 11:17:14 10/05/2016
If there's no title it's a placeholder. Even Amazon doesn't get any info until it's the Starter Pack's full title.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:17:27 10/05/2016 by Bifrost
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#415 Posted: 11:43:59 10/05/2016
I think it is obvious there will be Skylanders 6, and it will probably be late Sept. 2016, per usual. I think people are in general hoping for a year break, the franchise could really use a little "absence makes the heart grow fonder". But that just isn't Activision's style, they are slaves to shareholders and never make decisions with long term franchise health in mind. Stockholders want a big new game on the shelves this Fall.
#416 Posted: 11:54:35 10/05/2016
That we know, and they already confirmed it with a press release. Now we can only hope their grip on info isn't as stupid as in SC - give us interviews, tons of trailers(footage, not CG or random video effects), and less parroting info across several events.
---
#417 Posted: 12:59:20 10/05/2016
That we know, and they already confirmed it with a press release. Now we can only hope their grip on info isn't as stupid as in SC - give us interviews, tons of trailers(footage, not CG or random video effects), and less parroting info across several events.

VEHICLE FANTASIES INTENSIFY
#418 Posted: 13:03:00 10/05/2016
We need to make a prayer circle for Alex Ness to voice a truckload of characters again, his interviews are the best and he seems more avaliable than Paul Reiche.
---
SilverWolf2308 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1148
#419 Posted: 13:04:08 10/05/2016
Been available for pre-order for the last two months.
---
Instagram: SilverWolf2308 https://instagram.com/silverwolf2308
YouTube: SilverWolf2308 https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWolf2308
#420 Posted: 20:01:01 11/05/2016
I don't really care what you do to your plastic figures, so go ahead.

The skylanders you have, not the dev team, that's called a death threat and not okay in that case.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:09:01 11/05/2016 by Bifrost
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#421 Posted: 20:06:59 11/05/2016
We need a Skylanders: Edgy Force to revive the Toys-to-Life genre. Darker story, blood-seeker villains, brutal Skylanders, and so on...

No offense to anyone intended. Just a joke.
---
Bruh
#422 Posted: 20:08:41 11/05/2016
The franchise needs a complete reboot. New villain, new Skylanders and a massive improvement to the gameplay as a whole
#423 Posted: 22:25:19 11/05/2016
Quote: Crash10
We need a Skylanders: Edgy Force to revive the Toys-to-Life genre. Darker story, blood-seeker villains, brutal Skylanders, and so on...

Skylanders: Shadow the Hedgehog
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#424 Posted: 22:26:05 11/05/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan
Quote: Crash10

Skylanders: Shadow the Edgehog

Fixed.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#425 Posted: 22:30:10 11/05/2016
So what, edgy and Dark stories sell like hotcakes. Skylanders needs to be more Darker or else.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#426 Posted: 22:37:54 11/05/2016
Quote: KeybasHedKey
So what, edgy and Dark stories sell like hotcakes. Skylanders needs to be more Darker or else.

The devs will not bend to the orders of a fan who wants a T or M rated Skylanders game. End of story. Can we move on from this?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#427 Posted: 22:39:21 11/05/2016
Guys, we had enough derails with this exact subject and exact user. Let's not.

I think it's too early for reboot though - actually I DEFINATELY think it's too early. Have you guys given a single look at the wiki? There's more holes in the lore than in the surface of the moon that still need filling up.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:39:40 11/05/2016 by Bifrost
#428 Posted: 22:49:49 11/05/2016
Guys, we had enough derails with this exact subject and exact user. Let's not.

I think it's too early for reboot though - actually I DEFINATELY think it's too early. Have you guys given a single look at the wiki? There's more holes in the lore than in the surface of the moon that still need filling up.

Ok then, not a reboot, but a game that at least goes back to the good Ol' days of SSA and Giants. I am getting sick of the gimmick over taking the gameplay so much.
#429 Posted: 00:35:11 12/05/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
The franchise needs a complete reboot. New villain, new Skylanders and a massive improvement to the gameplay as a whole

I honestly wouldn't mind if they made all Skylanders from previous games unplayable to improve the overall gameplay experience. Just have 36 new characters.

But, even better would be making all gimmick characters unplayable for a game and have the game centered around cores. A traditional Skylanders game.
#430 Posted: 00:47:23 12/05/2016
Quote: Swap Force Fan

I honestly wouldn't mind if they made all Skylanders from previous games unplayable to improve the overall gameplay experience. Just have 36 new characters.

But, even better would be making all gimmick characters unplayable for a game and have the game centered around cores. A traditional Skylanders game.

That's a horrible idea though... People were already upset at the lack of trap support in Superchargers. To have a situation where ALL of the figures wouldn't work is borderline insane!
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#431 Posted: 09:39:05 12/05/2016

If they do that the franchise would be at a state beyond lost. I wouldn't buy a Skylanders game where I can't use 80% of my collection.
#432 Posted: 13:51:16 12/05/2016
Check out the Happy Meals SuperCahrgers Toys Forum. They come out next month by the looks smilie
---
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#433 Posted: 16:14:26 12/05/2016
Quote: SilverWolf2308
Check out the Happy Meals SuperCahrgers Toys Forum. They come out next month by the looks smilie

new are in the next month? you mean the E3
---
THE END IS NEAR
#434 Posted: 01:52:41 14/05/2016
Quote: nitendofan92
Quote: SilverWolf2308

new are in the next month? you mean the E3

No. The Happy Meals toys, You know McDonalds kids meals toys.....
---
#435 Posted: 10:28:49 14/05/2016
Um... I just realized that they announced that Skylanders 6 was in production 3 MONTHS AGO, yet there has been no news on the content in the past three months.

Way to be courteous to the fans...
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#436 Posted: 11:05:27 14/05/2016
Um... I just realized that they announced that Skylanders 6 was in production 3 MONTHS AGO, yet there has been no news on the content in the past three months.

Way to be courteous to the fans...

Nothing new for them. They were mum about Superchargers and the only decent leaks we had was that race guy's post for that awful commerical, the prototypes in Mexico and a release mention of something or other on Amazon that got put up too early (the comic prequel?). None were planned on of course.

They were really good about keeping quiet for Trap Team too, trying hard to not mention anything about Light and Dark until they were ready to do so. It was silly as it was a well known fact about them due to hacking and the 3DS release what was going on. But yet they still keep to their secrets.

What I noticed is that after they officially announced SuperChargers, the POP displays for the game was up in my local shops two days later! So they time this rather well and try hard to push the stores to promote the product close to the official announcement. The displays are already in the mail when the announcement is made.

But you know, one would think there would be someone breaking the confidentially contracts and spilling all they know. There are far too many people involved in all aspects of the release and there are a lot of low level people involved that surely would spill the beans because they don't get paid enough to care, but that doesn't happen.

What surprises me the most is that we don't even hear about the test kids trying out the figures and such. You'd think they would be the first to blab everything they know about the newest exciting Skylanders to their friends and word would get around that way.

The sad thing is that I've lost a lot of excitement for Skylanders thanks to Superchargers. Due to the lack of any news at all this year, I'm expecting a dreadful Sky 6 phoned in just to end the game series while they transition to a toy based line only. I really hope I'm wrong about that, but it just feels that way to me, that they are going to lay some really bad news on us fans and they trying hard to keep us in the dark about it. Worse is that when the time comes, they'll spin doctor it into the greatest thing ever for the brand even though it's quite obviously a death knell. Still though I'm trying hard to keep neural about the new release until they actually mention something about it.
---
Stay Cool!
#437 Posted: 11:34:29 14/05/2016
I still think that it's far from doom and gloom(but now it makes good clickbait!). But man it's poison to the fandom. We are spoiled to get news 2/3s of a year, every year - in that last third, people forget the game exists. It just needs a sickening attitude where Skylanders doesn't exist for most people at that time except collectors, while in other games people are forced to be patient because the games may take years to be even announced but there's discussion and fan works all the same. When this is done and gone, it'll be like it never existed except for a few, because we're an expendable fandom - haters made this a franchise that's ok to **** on for outsiders, fans made it only relevant when things are happening, Acti could care less to the point we have zero interaction(youtubers will never count, they're the closer to journalists, heck just watch any of the bigger guys' livestreams,they don't know *anything* about the games other than the bare basics and act like it's their first time playing when trying out new characters except for Octaneblue, Buuzer or Aura)

But I can't changd people's minds I guess, it's like mobile gaming - you talk about the new cool gameplay and your exploits for a month or two then discard it like garbage, and the devs follow suit because they lost their audience and move on to the next game.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:56:02 14/05/2016 by Bifrost
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#438 Posted: 22:52:10 14/05/2016
Okay, now fans at least should stay from Instagram for a while. Users, one in particular that we know, are now photoshopping and editing the YouTube video pages of SkylanderGame channel to change the wording, video titles and viewcounts, then adding their fanmade Skylander titles in. Don't fall for their fakes!
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:05:58 14/05/2016 by Aura24
#439 Posted: 22:55:50 14/05/2016
Man, if I had a free week and a drive to be a huge -expletive-, I'd make the truest fake leak ever and just jape them all - though just to prove that they don't read the actual news, say here it's all fake so nobody falls for it but these jerks. I mess with Photoshop enough, have even practiced the illustrator's art style, and I use the wiki religiously to know the lore; but you know the saying, the people who can handle power without getting lost in it will never use it. Waste of my time and I hate lying.

This just ties with what I said in the morning. People treat making the community grow like a tool and discard it once they're done with it, and back down we go with having just barely over two digits of people researching the games and more fanwork from kids wanting easy attention than artists spreading the love. I know, I know, I'm rambling.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:59:17 14/05/2016 by Bifrost
#440 Posted: 15:10:46 16/05/2016
"We are making a phenomenal Skylanders game in 2016 that's being led by Toys For Bob, the development studio that pioneered the Toys to Life category. We've got a tremendous plan for this holiday in place and can't wait for our fans to get their hands on the newest innovation. We look forward to sharing more details soon."

- Josh Taub, Senior Vice President of Product Management for Skylanders.
(source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/a...of-toys-to-life)

Hm..., "phenomenal..." Interesting... I feel they say that the next Skylanders entry will be phenomenal every year, but this confidence that Josh Taub has moderately brightens my hope for Skylanders. Maybe it is possible that they can make something "phenomenal," or more hopefully, something that can bring the fans who lost interest after SuperChargers back into collecting Skylanders.

Too bad he didn't give us any details or clues on what the next gimmick would be. But, by the way he said, "more details soon," I hope they will release some form of news, or at least a tease within the next few weeks.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:24:51 16/05/2016 by Swap Force Fan
#441 Posted: 15:13:59 16/05/2016
Buzzword buzzword, we'll have to hear it from TFB to get a single hint(Lou is probably buried in NDAs). Though 'this holiday' does say that it's not September anymore,thank Eon, one mistake out of a dozen fixed.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:15:02 16/05/2016 by Bifrost
#442 Posted: 16:40:35 16/05/2016
"We are making a phenomenal Skylanders game in 2016 that's being led by Toys For Bob, the development studio that pioneered the Toys to Life category. We've got a tremendous plan for this holiday in place and can't wait for our fans to get their hands on the newest innovation. We look forward to sharing more details soon."

- Josh Taub, Senior Vice President of Product Management for Skylanders.
(source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/a...of-toys-to-life)

Hm..., "phenomenal..." Interesting... I feel they say that the next Skylanders entry will be phenomenal every year, but this confidence that Josh Taub has moderately brightens my hope for Skylanders. Maybe it is possible that they can make something "phenomenal," or more hopefully, something that can bring the fans who lost interest after SuperChargers back into collecting Skylanders.

Too bad he didn't give us any details or clues on what the next gimmick would be. But, by the way he said, "more details soon," I hope they will release some form of news, or at least a tease within the next few weeks.

"We have run this franchise into the ground and hope to salvage one more year of selling plastic to you by keeping on with what we have been doing even though the market has clearly soured on the whole concept" just really doesn't have the same ring ... smilie

I would be very leery on Skylanders this year as a collector if the new concept doesn't seem like drop dead, knock it out of the park of an idea. The way the market is right now if Skylanders tanks again it would be very possible that later waves would not be stocked by retailers, which would suck from a collector standpoint. I think we will know fairly early if they have a great concept when they announce. Many of us might be fine with more of the same with a moderately interesting gimmick, but it is going to take mass market appeal to right the ship. If our opinions were all that mattered, then sure it would be fine. I'm not a Skylanders hater, I'm just being realistic with market realities.

I am personally waiting for Thrillipede to come out and hopefully a TRU fire sale on Dark Wii editions (they still have TONS of them) for a Dark Bowser/Clown Cruiser so I can consider my collection for the first five games.
#443 Posted: 16:44:09 16/05/2016
That's just twisting words to fit your opinion of it, not too different from buzzword party. Didn't we have a dozen articles already talking about how DI's faults were the majority on Disney and not the genre? Because you're assuming a lot on how it'd doomed to fail because a different franchise.
---
#444 Posted: 16:55:15 16/05/2016
That's just twisting words to fit your opinion of it, not too different from buzzword party. Didn't we have a dozen articles already talking about how DI's faults were the majority on Disney and not the genre? Because you're assuming a lot on how it'd doomed to fail because a different franchise.

And your words are just the same blind defense of the franchise we have become accustomed to from you. Your opinion is more valid how? Your opinion is that Skylanders is going to step it up and miraculously save the market, mine is that the market has soured on TTL in general. I don't want to see the franchise go away - I'm invested as much as anyone around here, but no one can argue the franchise is currently healthy after this year (unless you are just fanboying).

Disney's failures had some to do with their decisions, but how do you explain Skylanders basically going Fire Sale earlier this year if all of this is just Disney's problem? This is a market problem, Disney just exposed themselves more through over-production and Disney is in a much better position to cut their losses on an underperforming division than Activision. Activision also has a history of burning a franchise to a tattered husk.
#445 Posted: 17:09:20 16/05/2016
Surely, the person who hates half the decisions in SC blindly defends the series. That's familiar, reminds me of bickering and people who added nothing to discussion because they just wanted to win it.
I'm not stupid, but I'm also not going to cry doom like certain users. It's just not going to drop dead no matter what they attempt, hell no, it can still fix itself.

I'm not an economist, SC underperformed and that's a thing. But DI is unrelated, and with the reports of overproduction and how much Disney invested expecting SW to make it rain are not the same situation as Skylanders is in. Sure, they could attempt to make SC with a new coat of paint or Giants 3 and then you could kiss the franchise goodbye,but they could also find a compromise that makes the higher ups stop asking for dumb crap yet still make a game that catches people's attention. We cannot and will not know until we get news, everything currently is guesswork and assuming. And you know what's happening when someone assumes.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:10:44 16/05/2016 by Bifrost
#446 Posted: 18:33:02 16/05/2016
Well, you admit they got it half wrong with SC, but do you think they will get it all right with 6 despite not knowing anything about it? Even though you do recognize reality, they have massive amounts of ground to make up. Chances are higher that they do not make up the ground. The ground they lost caused fans to give up the game, winning people back is harder than gaining new people - and new people are few and far between these days. If you aren't into the franchise yet, you probably see it as fruitless to hop on the train.

SC and DI are related, it isn't a coincidence that both suffered big declines in the same year, just as Amiibo have lost steam and even Dimensions has seen some big price cuts and sales (although that has the benefit of being Lego, which has functionality outside of just the game). It is TTL, and recognizing that isn't doom and gloom.

This ENTIRE thread is speculation, nothing has been announced yet. We have nothing to talk about Skylanders related, so this is what there is available.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#447 Posted: 19:11:29 16/05/2016
Does anyone else notice that he says "this holiday?" Do you think this means we could be getting the game a lot later this year? It would explain why the announcement is late.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#448 Posted: 21:48:26 16/05/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257
Does anyone else notice that he says "this holiday?" Do you think this means we could be getting the game a lot later this year? It would explain why the announcement is late.

And with a later release, could there be a smaller roster this year? Could there be a gimmick like we've never seen before? Maybe he just means a release in October like usual, but there is a lot of different interpretations we could have from this.
#449 Posted: 22:10:20 16/05/2016
I would not mind a holiday release! Last year everyone was competing for that September launch window and the franchises clashed for shelf space. This way Lego and Skylanders don't have to butt heads as much during the fall.

Plus, holiday releases are always a good thing for the consumer!
#450 Posted: 22:26:50 16/05/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257

I hope not but it seems likely. It would make sense from a business perspective.
---
First | Previous | Page 9 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me