darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 83 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4101 Posted: 00:22:24 12/06/2016
I've always thought that they came out with Ignitor's true name long after his Skylander's one.
Would have been cool if he retained his original name though, to make him stand out even more.

That's exactly why I like Ember's name: it is a fire-related word but also sounds like a realistic name for a girl living in a fire-themed land.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#4102 Posted: 00:26:03 12/06/2016
Quote: Bionichute
He's not gonna work on all of them.

Any proof on that?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#4103 Posted: 00:29:27 12/06/2016
It being PS4 exclusive, for one. And that presumably means there's some deal with Sony going on.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#4104 Posted: 00:31:38 12/06/2016
It being PS4 exclusive, for one. And that presumably means there's some deal with Sony going on.

It could be like Boba Fett with DI. Also, Crash has been on multiple systems with his games before, so I don't see why we shouldn't get him on all systems.

Darn. A character that I wanted to be in for so long is now causing me so much stress now that's he actually here. Why couldn't he just have been released in a single pack to make things easier?
---
#4105 Posted: 00:35:35 12/06/2016
Crash is considered a Playstation mascot by pretty much everyone. If there wasn't something going on with Crash's rights and Sony, then I'm pretty sure they would have made Crash a regular Skylander and not a guest star.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#4106 Posted: 00:35:52 12/06/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257

It could be like Boba Fett with DI. Also, Crash has been on multiple systems with his games before, so I don't see why we shouldn't get him on all systems.

Darn. A character that I wanted to be in for so long is now causing me so much stress now that's he actually here. Why couldn't he just have been released in a single pack to make things easier?

Really, this all depends on whether Activision or Sony own the rights to Crash. If Acti, then there'd be no problem with Crash being multi-platform. If Sony owns him, then he'd be PS4-exclusive for sure. At the moment it is pretty vague on who owns him, though things kind of point to Sony for things like Crash being teased by him in advertisements and a demo of the first game being in Uncharted. I'm betting we'll know for sure at E3, it ain't long now.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Icebrrrg Green Sparx Gems: 327
#4107 Posted: 00:36:11 12/06/2016
By the looks of things and the in-game appearance of NPC models, I assume this game will act like Superchargers "never happened".....?

Good!

Not that I have much, but I'm thinking maybe I should just sell all my Supercharger figures. Would be the only game I have nothing to show for if I did. Not that that would really be a bad thing....
#4108 Posted: 00:37:59 12/06/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Quote: Chompy-King257

Really, this all depends on whether Activision or Sony own the rights to Crash. If Acti, then there'd be no problem with Crash being multi-platform. If Sony owns him, then he'd be PS4-exclusive for sure. At the moment it is pretty vague on who owns him, though things kind of point to Sony for things like Crash being teased by him in advertisements and a demo of the first game being in Uncharted. I'm betting we'll know for sure at E3, it ain't long now.

It seems as if Crash is still owned by Activision.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/05/...-by-activision/

Now I just gotta cross my fingers that I'll actually be able to use him.
---
#4109 Posted: 00:40:00 12/06/2016
Right now it is incredibly vague if Crash is really still owned by Activision. Game developers have been known to lie out their bee-hinds to keep things secret.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#4110 Posted: 00:41:02 12/06/2016
Quote: Icebrrrg
By the looks of things and the in-game appearance of NPC models, I assume this game will act like Superchargers "never happened".....?

Good!

Not that I have much, but I'm thinking maybe I should just sell all my Supercharger figures. Would be the only game I have nothing to show for if I did. Not that that would really be a bad thing....

I assumed the Supercharger versions are just the Skylanders when they wanted to have a little fun and drive
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#4111 Posted: 00:43:21 12/06/2016
Someone on reddit threw that there's possibly maybe an exclusivity deal with Sony and Activision and the Crash guest star is included, but it's probably just speculation. But if that was the case and there was a real Crash game coming along, maybe the internet won't swallow itself in rage.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#4112 Posted: 00:46:11 12/06/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Someone on reddit threw that there's possibly maybe an exclusivity deal with Sony and Activision and the Crash guest star is included, but it's probably just speculation. But if that was the case and there was a real Crash game coming along, maybe the internet won't swallow itself in rage.

I hope there isn't a game with it, it's funny to watch people get salty lol
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#4113 Posted: 00:52:43 12/06/2016
Yeah, but it also means coming down on us with harassment and the black sheep of AAA because everyone is stupid and doesn't know what Guest Star means for the series, so they're assuming Crash will get IP fused like Spyro.
---
#4114 Posted: 00:54:49 12/06/2016
There is DEFINITELY a new Crash game coming along, and Crash being a guest star only helps confirm it.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#4115 Posted: 00:55:32 12/06/2016
Yeah, but it also means coming down on us with harassment and the black sheep of AAA because everyone is stupid and doesn't know what Guest Star means for the series, so they're assuming Crash will get IP fused like Spyro.

That, and the fact that Skylanders started out as a Spyro game that branched out into its own thing after a while in development.
#4116 Posted: 00:56:54 12/06/2016
I'm seriously torn.

On one hand I would like if Sony announced a new Crash game, not only because I would most likely buy it but also because it would shut up many ignorants who only know this series either because it killed Spyro or had Donkey Kong and Bowser in it.

But on the other... I am extremely curious on knowing how much immature the Internet could get for something so small.

I still think they will release a game, though, otherwise Sony would simply crown itself as the King of Trolling since it has apparently been hinting at it for a while.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:58:13 12/06/2016 by Drek95
#4117 Posted: 01:01:21 12/06/2016
One of the big things thats got me convinced is that Cortex's VA, Lex Lang, not so subtly hinted at him playing Cortex again.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#4118 Posted: 01:04:18 12/06/2016
One of the big things thats got me convinced is that Cortex's VA, Lex Lang, not so subtly hinted at him playing Cortex again.

I believe he said it wasnt Cortex
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#4119 Posted: 01:07:19 12/06/2016
Yeah, I don't believe that.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#4120 Posted: 01:18:39 12/06/2016
Ember's name fits her a bit better than,say, Ignitor or Eruptor since it feels hers. It's not random fire word about their power, you'd think someone would get that name in Skylands.

Still salty that Ignitor's real name is Ignatius and it'd be better if he actually used it instead.

I am wondering, is there any official canon about the Skylander naming process? I assume that they are code names which ar given to them like in GI Joe as it'd be impossible to give people such appropiate names at birth.

Just asking as I remember in Splat's bio it mentions a legendary ancestor "Fluty Hoofdancer" and I was thinking that everyone in Splat's race probably has a first and last name like this. Splat's real name is probably something just as ethnic sounding. And now I see there is this "Ignatius" thing which I didn't know about, but seems to confirm my theory about code names.
---
Stay Cool!
#4121 Posted: 01:24:41 12/06/2016
Quote: fairyland
Ember's name fits her a bit better than,say, Ignitor or Eruptor since it feels hers. It's not random fire word about their power, you'd think someone would get that name in Skylands.

Still salty that Ignitor's real name is Ignatius and it'd be better if he actually used it instead.

I am wondering, is there any official canon about the Skylander naming process? I assume that they are code names which ar given to them like in GI Joe as it'd be impossible to give people such appropiate names at birth.

Just asking as I remember in Splat's bio it mentions a legendary ancestor "Fluty Hoofdancer" and I was thinking that everyone in Splat's race probably has a first and last name like this. Splat's real name is probably something just as ethnic sounding. And now I see there is this "Ignatius" thing which I didn't know about, but seems to confirm my theory about code names.

I always thought that the Skylander's names were like their superhero names. For example, Gill Grunt's real name could be Finn or James. Gill Grunt is just there because that is a cool name based off of who he is as a hero.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#4122 Posted: 01:25:23 12/06/2016
Quote: fairyland

It's inconsistent for each Skylander Some of them use their real name (Spyro, Cynder, Hex, Countdown, Spitfire and Riptide) While some o with an alt. name. The Swappers, Ghost Roaster and others.

@Chompyking. My headcanon is that GG's real name is Gilligan Grunt and Gurglefin is his father.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:26:47 12/06/2016 by HeyitsHotDog
#4123 Posted: 01:37:17 12/06/2016
We only know real names from those who have it on book backstories. Ghost Roaster is named Olav, Ignitor is Ignatius, those who HIHD mentioned are known to be real names, Countdown is an exception because that's the only name he knows. Everyone else is either unconfirmed or a title to hide their identity/easier to remember.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:38:00 12/06/2016 by Bifrost
#4124 Posted: 01:47:34 12/06/2016
HIHD?
---
Check this out! Please?
#4125 Posted: 01:48:22 12/06/2016
HeyitsHotDog? Most people call him by that acronym as far as I'm aware?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:48:34 12/06/2016 by Bifrost
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#4126 Posted: 01:52:15 12/06/2016
Quote: Icebrrrg

Good!

The rift engines powers I believe were only a temporary upgrade in order to fight the Sky Eater and it's power. They most likely gave up the power or can summon it at will.

And I'd say at least keep the characters.
---
Hahahahaha
#4127 Posted: 01:53:40 12/06/2016
HeyitsHotDog? Most people call him by that acronym as far as I'm aware?

Oh, okay, my bad.
---
Check this out! Please?
KaRNiV8L Yellow Sparx Gems: 1925
#4128 Posted: 05:15:56 12/06/2016
There is DEFINITELY a new Crash game coming along, and Crash being a guest star only helps confirm it.

I can confirm this
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#4129 Posted: 05:20:56 12/06/2016
Quote: KaRNiV8L

I can confirm this

Does it involve obvious fan speculation and assumption?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
KaRNiV8L Yellow Sparx Gems: 1925
#4130 Posted: 07:26:07 12/06/2016
Quote: Aura24

I can confirm this

Does it involve obvious fan speculation and assumption?

Nope. Not confirmed if it will be revealed at E3 but definitely in the works MMW.
#4131 Posted: 10:53:41 12/06/2016
Oh wow! That's... That's gonna rile some people up! Makes sense, though, if the game isn't coming out this year. Hopefully, there will be a tease or something. It'd be horrible PR on Sony's part to know that there is a new Crash game in development but not tell anyone.

Sony's like, "Let's show them Skylanders instead! Then, next E3, give them what they want."

No Sony... That's not how the Internet works smilie
#4132 Posted: 11:24:26 12/06/2016

I can confirm this

Considering the last two times you confirmed stuff, I'm more concerned if you're not risking any NDAs that way :c Unless, with the reddit rumor, this spread more further than it's supposed to already and it's not just press that knows.
---
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#4133 Posted: 11:30:15 12/06/2016
I'm sure some people will demand to cancel the game and just become a living tantrum smilie
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#4134 Posted: 13:09:39 12/06/2016
This just occured to me:
It's possible that Crash will work on all systems, but will be sold exclusively with Playstation versions of the game for a limited time. A single pack would then be sold sometime in 2017.
I'm saying this because we've seen Sony do something similar with Disney before. When Disney Infinity 3.0 came out, there was a special edition with Boba Fett that was only available on PS3 and PS4. Boba Fett was then released in a single pack later on.
#4135 Posted: 13:11:32 12/06/2016
Quote: SirKev7
This just occured to me:
It's possible that Crash will work on all systems, but will be sold exclusively with Playstation versions of the game for a limited time. A single pack would then be sold sometime in 2017.
I'm saying this because we've seen Sony do something similar with Disney before. When Disney Infinity 3.0 came out, there was a special edition with Boba Fett that was only available on PS3 and PS4. Boba Fett was then released in a single pack later on.

This is what I'm really hoping.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#4136 Posted: 13:46:34 12/06/2016
Remember that Activision said very recently that Crash is still in their hands. So, he will only be PlayStation exclusive if Sony made a contract with Activision (or if they got the rights suddenly).
---
Bruh
#4137 Posted: 13:47:24 12/06/2016
I just really hope I'll be able to play with him. I've been a big fan of his series for a long time.
---
SodaPopHD Gold Sparx Gems: 2023
#4138 Posted: 14:55:39 12/06/2016
Wait, is E3 today?!
---
"Sarcasm is like punching someone in the face, but with words."
"You're not ugly. You're a beautiful monkey."
JOIN THE CAUSE TO SAVE DITTO!
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#4139 Posted: 14:56:59 12/06/2016
E3 is this coming Tuesday to Thursday.
#4140 Posted: 15:00:57 12/06/2016
Some teams are spilling the beans early, however, so keep an eye on the news.
---
#4141 Posted: 15:01:27 12/06/2016
Quote: SodaPopHD
Wait, is E3 today?!

Press conferences start today but E3 itself hasn't started yet!
Skycrosser24 Green Sparx Gems: 267
#4142 Posted: 15:45:58 12/06/2016
Doesn't Sony's press conference happen today?

---
Thump back and Tri Tip = BFFs
---
Sly thief, Evil overlord. I will hunt you Luminous and your minions too!
Welcome to the family Hoodsickle. Never trusted the crow
#4143 Posted: 15:57:44 12/06/2016
Nope, it's tomorrow.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
SkylandersEzra Emerald Sparx Gems: 3659
#4144 Posted: 15:59:09 12/06/2016
Quote: Skycrosser24

---

Nope.

Sunday June 12

EA
1 p.m. Pacific / 4 p.m. Eastern

Bethesda
7 p.m. Pacific / 10 p.m. Eastern

Monday June 13

Microsoft
9:30 a.m. Pacific / 12:30 p.m. Eastern

PC Gaming Show
11:30 a.m. Pacific / 2:30 p.m. Eastern

Ubisoft

Sony
6:00 p.m. Pacific / 9 p.m. Eastern
#4145 Posted: 16:09:04 12/06/2016
Quote: SkylandersEzra
Quote: Skycrosser24

---

Nope.

Sunday June 12

EA

Bethesda
7 p.m. Pacific / 10 p.m. Eastern

Monday June 13

Microsoft
9:30 a.m. Pacific / 12:30 p.m. Eastern

PC Gaming Show
11:30 a.m. Pacific / 2:30 p.m. Eastern

Ubisoft

Sony
6:00 p.m. Pacific / 9 p.m. Eastern

So 3 a.m here, great! If Sony really has anything Skylanders related then I will se it 11 hours after everyone else... thanks school.
#4146 Posted: 17:11:29 12/06/2016
Cheer yourself up, Deja Vu, it could be worse.

For example, you could have the last University exam on Tuesday and not be able to enjoy the conference live.
You could have had it on Saturday, on Monday, even of Wednesday but nope, it's exactly the day after the Sony press conference.

At least I'll have something to keep me busy before I can access the forum again...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:12:53 12/06/2016 by Drek95
#4147 Posted: 17:57:07 12/06/2016
Better, you could be up until night at uni,having to see this from a phone and really bad internet, until thursday. You can touch it but it'll be out of your grasp until it's late and you can't enjoy it as much. Tests are just the extra for this and next week.
---
#4148 Posted: 18:02:17 12/06/2016
Quote: Drek95
Cheer yourself up, Deja Vu, it could be worse.

For example, you could have the last University exam on Tuesday and not be able to enjoy the conference live.
You could have had it on Saturday, on Monday, even of Wednesday but nope, it's exactly the day after the Sony press conference.

At least I'll have something to keep me busy before I can access the forum again...

Seeing how you're describing it, it's not that bad for me at all. There isn't really an University of that kind here so I'm probably even luckier than most users on here. I have to stop complaining so much :I
#4149 Posted: 18:08:17 12/06/2016
Speaking of spilling the beans, EA already let Titanfall 2 gameplay slip by playing it on accident during rehearsal. Keep eyes open on all fronts.
---
#4150 Posted: 18:09:50 12/06/2016
Maybe we'll get to see some new Skylanders early.
First | Previous | Page 83 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me