darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 619 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 617 618 619 620 621 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#30901 Posted: 03:17:50 28/01/2018
Are we really just gonna be sad niBBa hours until academy season 3
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#30902 Posted: 11:45:32 28/01/2018
You can be a sad person with Academy figures that are about to come out on Burger King. I'll stay sad tho, because chances are none of them are show only characters.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#30903 Posted: 11:53:50 29/01/2018
Quote: nitendofan92
maybe a spyro remake.But it more likely they will take the N.sanity trilogy route if that the case(a ps4 esclusive)

we can hope for a spyro game but since single player games dont bring in the money activision wants. the chances is very slim, sadly.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#30904 Posted: 17:51:59 29/01/2018
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: nitendofan92
maybe a spyro remake.But it more likely they will take the N.sanity trilogy route if that the case(a ps4 esclusive)

we can hope for a spyro game but since single player games dont bring in the money activision wants. the chances is very slim, sadly.

Well, we don't know until E3 this year if Spyro will get the N Sane treatment, but I'm pretty sure that Activision will probably be just as successful with it; just like with Crash, maybe Spyro might not sell as many as Crash, cos I think Crash is slightly more popular, even back then on the PS1. But Activision will upset a lot of the fans that just care about Spyro, and not Skylanders if nothing is done for his 20th.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#30905 Posted: 18:40:24 29/01/2018
Wait, this year is Spyro's 20th anniversary? Definitely expecting something then.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
#30906 Posted: 19:05:01 29/01/2018
Yup, though people were expecting an announcement last year. It'd be stupid of Acti to not cash in the Crash remake's sales with even more nostalgia, and some very timely merch appeared recently iirc.
---
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#30907 Posted: 20:19:25 29/01/2018
Unrelated to Skylanders, and I'm sure somebody is going to tell me I should put this in General Discussion or something, but this is the only part of the forum I spend any time in, so...

I'M GONNA BE A DAD! Due date is around August 13.

I honestly can't wait until he/she is old enough to share my Skylander games with. smilie (There we go, tied it back in to Skylanders, whew!)
#30908 Posted: 20:35:33 29/01/2018
Congrats! Yeah, I'd recommend to post in the Offtopic section, but more because people won't really notice otherwise.
---
#30909 Posted: 21:03:17 29/01/2018
Quote: AmbushFan
Wait, this year is Spyro's 20th anniversary? Definitely expecting something then.

Yup. Spyro the Dragon originally came out on the Sony PlayStation in 1998.
So I'll be really upset if Spyro doesn't get the same treatment Crash got, and I don't mind if Skylanders can continue along with it.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#30910 Posted: 21:14:48 29/01/2018
The thing is they don't need to do anything just because it's the franchise's anniversary (just ask Crash and Metroid fans about 2011), but I do think Activision will not let this financial opportunity go away, so they'll probably do something, even if it's for next year (like Zelda and Sonic did).
---
Bruh
#30911 Posted: 22:30:03 29/01/2018
Quote: Crash10
The thing is they don't need to do anything just because it's the franchise's anniversary (just ask Crash and Metroid fans about 2011), but I do think Activision will not let this financial opportunity go away, so they'll probably do something, even if it's for next year (like Zelda and Sonic did).

Only thing we can all do is wait and see.
---
#30912 Posted: 11:18:48 30/01/2018
Someone got the new Skylanders lore book early as a gift from the editor on Instagran. Here's hoping there's anything of use there this time.
---
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#30913 Posted: 16:31:46 31/01/2018
Quote: McMurderpaws
Unrelated to Skylanders, and I'm sure somebody is going to tell me I should put this in General Discussion or something, but this is the only part of the forum I spend any time in, so...

I honestly can't wait until he/she is old enough to share my Skylander games with. smilie (There we go, tied it back in to Skylanders, whew!)

Congratz.
I had the benefits of the "mini" figures just following me like a pet when my son at the time wanted to play. They also don't give two shiny nickles about the figures "surviving". When my daughter got her hands on some of my TtL figures I had flashbacks of Toy Story 3. The toddler struggle is REAL.

Congrats again though.
-Unreall
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#30914 Posted: 17:53:51 31/01/2018

Oh wow, congratulations!
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#30915 Posted: 12:53:13 01/02/2018

congratulation man smilie
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
L Cynder Platinum Sparx Gems: 5744
#30916 Posted: 13:13:12 01/02/2018

Congratulations! smilie
---
favs smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#30917 Posted: 13:53:47 01/02/2018

Congratz my man
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#30918 Posted: 14:37:58 01/02/2018

[User Posted Image]

Hopefully the next generations will appreciate Skylanders games as much as we did, and maybe even have brand new ones to play with. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#30919 Posted: 15:20:53 02/02/2018
If I can be proud of Skylanders doing anything, it's the fact the writers got to the pineapple on pizza craze way before it resurfaced as a meme.

No amount of "it is believed' on Shroomboom's backstory can change it. Kaos puts pineapple on pizza.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#30920 Posted: 16:56:33 02/02/2018
Quote: Bifrost
If I can be proud of Skylanders doing anything, it's the fact the writers got to the pineapple on pizza craze way before it resurfaced as a meme.

No amount of "it is believed' on Shroomboom's backstory can change it. Kaos puts pineapple on pizza.

that monster...
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#30921 Posted: 17:02:10 02/02/2018
Pineapple on pizza being evil is 100% canon.
---
Soon.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#30922 Posted: 03:26:56 04/02/2018
When does Activision's next Fiscal Review (Or whatever it was called) come out?

Also congrats McMurderpaws!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#30923 Posted: 04:12:34 04/02/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

February 8th at 4:30 PM EST.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#30924 Posted: 13:47:53 04/02/2018
I've just got Gryphon Park Observatory (only the level) and I loved it, above all its design.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#30925 Posted: 14:41:41 04/02/2018
Quote: ninja9351
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

February 8th at 4:30 PM EST.

Well, that might be the day, folks. This very well could be the day when we know about the future of Skylanders.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TTD Hunter Gems: 6213
#30926 Posted: 15:33:23 04/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Changes to the topic from today
  • 'Skylanders: Imaginators - General Discussion Topic *No Spoilers*' renamed to 'Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning'
  • Rules of the topic have changed, you no longer have to discuss solely Skylanders: Imaginators, you can discuss anything related to Skylanders.

• ---

The General Discussion topic and Spoiler Discussion topics have now been merged into one.

The second point has been unofficially put into place for a while now so I thought I'd just make it official.
    Edited 4 times - Last edited at 15:42:53 04/02/2018 by TTD
    #30927 Posted: 16:23:48 04/02/2018 | Topic Creator
    [User Posted Image]

• Discuss anything related to future of the Skylanders franchise
  • Off-topic posts will be deleted
  • Fake leaks will not be tolerated
  • No double posting, please use the 'edit' button to extend your post
  • Follow the forum rules

• Everything we Know

NEW NEWS!

[User Posted Image]

Title is still Skylanders Mobile on the article, which is probably a placeholder.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:46:41 01/03/2018 by TTD
    #30928 Posted: 16:35:03 04/02/2018
    I'm sure this topic is going to proceed fiiiiiine.

I'm not optimistic, but hey, stranger things have happened. If anything we at least have Academy in October until we can put down the subject and move on for sure(well, move on to the other side of the forum if the Spyro remakes happen).

Oh, the mobile game? It could come out and sell a lot and I still bet Acti wouldn't care. They managed the previous ones horribly.
    ---
    #30929 Posted: 18:10:29 04/02/2018 | Topic Creator
    I'm sure this topic is going to proceed fiiiiiine.

I'm not optimistic, but hey, stranger things have happened. If anything we at least have Academy in October until we can put down the subject and move on for sure(well, move on to the other side of the forum if the Spyro remakes happen).

Oh, the mobile game? It could come out and sell a lot and I still bet Acti wouldn't care. They managed the previous ones horribly.

I think Skylanders (the video game portion) as we know it is dead for the foreseeable future (as much as I hate to say it) but I don't think it's completely dead. I do think it's going to return as a game based on the universe of the show, I don't think the toys will be a thing anymore and there will only be a handful of playable characters (maybe have a party of three that you travel around with that changes throughout the game?) and will have the same tone as the show.
    #30930 Posted: 18:13:20 04/02/2018
    That's kind of the best case scenario. Unless it's VERY cheap, if they go back to toys and a huge lineup, we'll just see a repeat of Guitar Hero Live. They have a cast of over 300 characters, as much as we didn't get some great ideas.
    ---
    angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
    #30931 Posted: 20:37:50 04/02/2018
    I think there will be no skylanders game in the short term, but we'll probably get another one in some years. Not sure how these future games will turn up though. Maybe they will try a different model or focus more in the tv show portion.

It has been a huge popular franchise, part of the childhood of many children (and adults *cough) so I'm not sure that something as big as this can be forgotten so easily (both by the company and audience).

I keep seeing all these vintage shows and games which were very popular many years ago getting new productions, because grown up adults feel nostalgic about it and the companies knows there's a market for that. Old animes as berserk, saint seiya, hokuto no ken, captain tsubasa have all been revived lately. Sure there are others which were popular and never got a second chance, but skylanders has been sooooo popular that I believe it will return somehow.

For some time I even had the hope that it would be one of those trdemarks to live forever like lego, sonic, pokemon, street fighter, skyirm, zelda, final fantasy, etc, but for that you would need a different approach: less saturation, better quality.
    ---
    Life sucks...and then you die.
    kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
    #30932 Posted: 23:21:00 04/02/2018
    On the positive side the games made HUGE profits for Activision. In their prime they were a winner and I don't think Activision is the sort of company to leave winning franchises sitting on the bench for too long.

On the negative, it can't be toys I don't think. Too many retailers left with stock they had to fire sale and some still isn't moving. Activision always said they would support previous toys/characters but I don't think that's practical moving forward.
    #30933 Posted: 23:37:15 04/02/2018
    They can support toys, they just don't have to release new ones. We know from Superchargers Digital Owners that you can play without a portal, so just have a game like that, but you can connect a portal to play as TTL instead. Skylanders Universe also did this, but with WAAAY laggier results.
    ---
    UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
    #30934 Posted: 00:31:19 05/02/2018
    I predict that the mobile game will not come out - and if it does, it won't even make a ripple in the ocean. Activision just doesn't get mobile.

I predict we will not see another console (or 3DS) title that will use our existing collection of toys in any meaningful way. Period. There's just too many of them and building a game ground-up (which is what they really need to do if thy want it to be successful) and bringing in all 300ish toys just wouldn't be worth the development costs.

I predict that it is unlikely (but I wouldn't rule it out completely) that we will see another console title this generation at all (XBOX One/PS4). I could see a 3DS and/or Switch game that doesn't use the toys at all (or, *maybe*, as cheap unlockables) that is your basic licensed platformer (but, without the license red tape, of course) based off the Netflix show. Nothing exciting or ground breaking.

Just my two cents. The franchise as we know it is dead for the foreseeable future. Could be wrong, though.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:32:20 05/02/2018 by UncleBob
    Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
    #30935 Posted: 00:52:45 05/02/2018
    Guess I won't be looking at this topic anymore, can't spoil myself.
    ---
    Bruh
    King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
    #30936 Posted: 02:22:29 05/02/2018
    That comic

Season 3 of academy

Mobile game

And maybe if we are really really REALLY lucky, Skylanders 7
    ---
    Rise and Shine Ursine
    #30937 Posted: 02:26:08 05/02/2018
    oh boy here we go
    #30938 Posted: 02:34:34 05/02/2018
    Don't forget, Acti's Fiscal Review is on the 8th. I'd assume we might get an idea of the series' future.
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:36:27 05/02/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
    #30939 Posted: 02:40:20 05/02/2018
    the way i see it, the franchise is unofficially dead. we had no game last year and we're likely not getting one this year. all we have is the TV show, which is getting it's final season in the fall. mobile game is nowhere to be seen. clearance sales are everywhere. it's over, there's no denying it. we're just waiting on activision's confirmation on the end.

nothing lasts forever.
    #30940 Posted: 02:41:21 05/02/2018
    Quote: ZapNorris
    the way i see it, the franchise is unofficially dead. we had no game last year and we're likely not getting one this year. all we have is the TV show, which is getting it's final season in the fall. mobile game is nowhere to be seen. clearance sales are everywhere. it's over, there's no denying it. we're just waiting on activision's confirmation on the end.

nothing lasts forever.

Nothing has confirmed that S3 is SA's last season and there's no reason to act like it is just yet.
    ---
    Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
    #30941 Posted: 15:29:41 05/02/2018
    Any news about the book that is supposed to be released this month?
    ---
    Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
    Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
    #30942 Posted: 15:57:51 05/02/2018
    Quote: Halvmorke
    Any news about the book that is supposed to be released this month?

Comes out on the 27th. PortalPowerTV was sent one early by the publisher and said he'd make a video about it, but it's been a week and I don't see anything.

Funny how youtubers are caring about the books now though, we've had these things for years and I can barely find more than a handful of reviews for them(excluding kids who can't stop the camera for a second).
    ---
    #30943 Posted: 16:11:37 05/02/2018
    you know the franchise is dead in the water when we're waiting on baited breath for a children's book.
    #30944 Posted: 16:48:36 05/02/2018
    I'm going to be getting that bool btw
    ---
    TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
    #30945 Posted: 17:49:19 05/02/2018
    The problem with Activision is that they'll never admit a series is dead. It will always be unofficially dead because they'll pull a Konami and say "No, it's just on extended vacation." We'll never truly know if the series is dead for good, because they never admit it until they remember it exists and release a reboot/remake years down the line, like Guitar Hero Live, just so they can say "See? It was never dead!"
    UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
    #30946 Posted: 18:10:02 05/02/2018
    I mean, Nintendo didn't issue a press release that the NES was dead. Companies are forward-thinking. Unless something is just a total disaster of New Coke levels, they just let the dead quietly fade into the background.
    #30947 Posted: 18:56:12 05/02/2018
    Nintendo DID say that they won't touch the FZero series until they get a good idea with it, though. Straight up, no new game happening until the creators get happy with a sequel.

Then again, it's Nintendo, they do Virtual Console because they understand that old games sometimes age really well and don't need to be done again unless there's a fun gimmick or graphical change. Acti has already announced Black Ops 4, on the other hand.
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:56:29 05/02/2018 by Bifrost
    #30948 Posted: 19:24:21 05/02/2018
    let's face it, people. we are dead. you can no longer deny this fact. we are dead as a franchise.
    SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
    #30949 Posted: 19:28:57 05/02/2018
    I remember PM9351 mentioning that Acti stated last year that after 2017, 2018 and beyond would have more games released in a single year compared to 2017. With Destiny not getting a new game this year and with (I guess now confirmed through yesterday's leak) Crash skipping a year (new game in 2019) and I'm sure that Spyro ain't gonna have a remaster release this year WHAT else will we get in 2018 aside from COD or a new IP? I'm still hopeful for a new Skylanders game and if nothing gets confirmed then I don't know what else to say. But regardless how tf is Acti supposed to release more games this year compared to last year
    #30950 Posted: 19:38:24 05/02/2018
    Don't forget Academy tho. Don't be like Activision, if we go out this year, at least we'll do it with a certain spoilery boy voiced by Jason Ritter.
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:38:39 05/02/2018 by Bifrost
    First | Previous | Page 619 of 636 | Next | Last
    1 2 3 ... 617 618 619 620 621 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me