darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 604 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 602 603 604 605 606 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#30151 Posted: 17:07:18 09/09/2017
Quote: SkyFan91
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: SkyFan91
Did y'all just notice this now?

When did you notice it?

Lamo Instagram caught wind of this before the AP even came out. We've known about it since November

Instagram is a separate community that represent a very very small portion of the fanbase, no need to act like every single person here should have known about this.
---
bye
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#30152 Posted: 18:27:23 09/09/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark
How did they find out before it came out?

It's Skyfan, he's probably lying
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#30153 Posted: 18:36:45 09/09/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
How did they find out before it came out?

It's Skyfan, he's probably lying

this. skyfan isn't the sharpest tool in the shed
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#30154 Posted: 18:48:11 09/09/2017
I don't hate him or anything, but sometimes he barely has any evidence to back up these claims. For this situation, if we had an Instagram post about this, that would be good, since we would have evidence.
---
Soon.
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#30155 Posted: 19:31:10 09/09/2017
They found out about it before it released because a user on there got it before it's initial release. I remember alpha ambush first showing me when he posted it when he got it on release however he's um....gone....kinda? Point is if his account wasn't private then I'd gladly go and get a link to the post however I can't
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:38:07 09/09/2017 by SkyFan91
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#30156 Posted: 23:26:02 09/09/2017
I rember seeing these pictures a long time ago on Instagram
wah543 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#30157 Posted: 13:40:29 10/09/2017
When did that leaked list a while ago say that adventure pack was being reased?
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#30158 Posted: 13:42:55 10/09/2017
New question: Favourite Swap Force Skylander of each swap ability?

Climb: Wash Buckler
Rocket: Blast Zone
Speed: Freeze Blade
Bounce: Fire Kraken
Spin: Free Ranger
Dig: Grilla Drilla
Sneak: Trap Shadow
Teleport: Night Shift
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#30159 Posted: 13:59:12 10/09/2017
Climb: Spy Rise
Rocket: Boom Jet
Speed: Magna Charge
Bounce: Fire Kraken
Dig: Rubble Rouser
Sneak: Stink Bomb
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#30160 Posted: 14:01:11 10/09/2017
Rocket: Blast Zone
Speed: Magna Charge
Bounce: Rattle Shake
Sneak: Stink Bomb
---
Soon.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#30161 Posted: 14:31:31 10/09/2017
Rocket: Boom Jet
Speed: Freeze Blade
Spin: Doom Stone
Teleport: Honestly either
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#30162 Posted: 15:04:31 10/09/2017
Quote: wah543
When did that leaked list a while ago say that adventure pack was being reased?

Q4 (fourth quarter of the year)
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#30163 Posted: 15:43:20 10/09/2017
after all we have been through i doubt we will get somthing in Q4, but just out of curiosity when is it?
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#30164 Posted: 16:06:03 10/09/2017
Q4 is a combination of the months of October, November and December. So during that window. (At this point, it's probably going to be the LIM pack, if anything.)
#30165 Posted: 16:13:55 10/09/2017
It has to be LIM, they wouldnt screw us out of a whole level pack.
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#30166 Posted: 16:17:19 10/09/2017
Climb: Spy Rise although I hate his design
Rocket: Blast zone
Speed: Magna Charge although I prefer freeze blade's design
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#30167 Posted: 16:20:42 10/09/2017

I'm 100% sure they would.
---
Bruh
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#30168 Posted: 21:19:13 10/09/2017

They absolutely would do that, that's how business works. People finishing a collection is very low on the totem pole. Much higher is retailers will to stock it And if you have been in pretty much any store that sold Skylanders you know how they would feel about getting in more Skylanders for a year old game that doesn't sell anymore. Those that even have a section for them that haven't relegated them to the end caps and clearance bins, have just a few mingled with older game leftover figures that will likely lose that space as the holidays start to roll in. Had the Switch version done great, then maybe but it didn't. Add in TRU, the biggest Skylanders retailer in the US by far, is losing money like crazy - they may be looking at bankruptcy. They aren't going to be chomping at the bit to fund a release either.

Keep in mind that list people clings to and "feelings" are literally the only evidence it will ever see the light of day in the US. That "Future Plan" list was a third hand list from Business Insider (not from Activision themselves) that came out back before the Switch was released. Future Plans are notoriously unreliable, as they can change due to market forces and other factors, even if it wasn't a typo of some sort.

But you can still find LIM to import, on EBay or if you have a friend overseas (online sources, like Amazon have stated they will not get any more). If you don't know someone to pick it up on clearance outside the country, the price is steadily rising on EBay. The sellers are adjusting to the stock drying up and the remaining fans realizing that is probably the only way they will ever get it.

The bad news is this will leave a bad taste in the fans mouths, the very people that they will need should they ever decide to revisit the franchise on console. I have my doubts, because their current direction is mobile only, and mobile only is where console franchises go to die. If Academy Season 2 doesn't get a TON of viewers and/or the mobile game doesn't make a ton of money (Battlecast and them killing the other mobile games doesn't bode well) they will quietly end it. At best we can hope for a half hearted low budget digital only game in a couple years, and Activision's track record on those isn't good. A Spyro remake game is a much better chance.
Slvr Red Sparx Gems: 87
#30169 Posted: 23:25:57 10/09/2017
You know, this has been buzzing in my mind. What if, instead of stocking retail stores, they had an online "catalog" of sorts that would offer the currently available figures. That way, instead of losing money, they only have to create a much smaller amount rather than the amount they send out to stock varying stores and they can still do figure variants and in-game variants by making certain characters limited time only and, for random inserts, just randomly replace regular characters with the random inserts... Granted, you'd probably have to use a warehouse or something to store the figures before they get shipped out, but surely there's a building like this already?

Of course, I'm sure there are a million other reasons why that wouldn't work but I think it'd be a good idea. Just my two cents I suppose.
---
Current Figure Total: 403
Newest Figure: Employee Edition Prism Break
Level Average of All Figures: 12.6
#30170 Posted: 01:28:13 11/09/2017
Quote: defpally

They absolutely would do that, that's how business works. People finishing a collection is very low on the totem pole. Much higher is retailers will to stock it And if you have been in pretty much any store that sold Skylanders you know how they would feel about getting in more Skylanders for a year old game that doesn't sell anymore. Those that even have a section for them that haven't relegated them to the end caps and clearance bins, have just a few mingled with older game leftover figures that will likely lose that space as the holidays start to roll in. Had the Switch version done great, then maybe but it didn't. Add in TRU, the biggest Skylanders retailer in the US by far, is losing money like crazy - they may be looking at bankruptcy. They aren't going to be chomping at the bit to fund a release either.

Keep in mind that list people clings to and "feelings" are literally the only evidence it will ever see the light of day in the US. That "Future Plan" list was a third hand list from Business Insider (not from Activision themselves) that came out back before the Switch was released. Future Plans are notoriously unreliable, as they can change due to market forces and other factors, even if it wasn't a typo of some sort.

But you can still find LIM to import, on EBay or if you have a friend overseas (online sources, like Amazon have stated they will not get any more). If you don't know someone to pick it up on clearance outside the country, the price is steadily rising on EBay. The sellers are adjusting to the stock drying up and the remaining fans realizing that is probably the only way they will ever get it.

The bad news is this will leave a bad taste in the fans mouths, the very people that they will need should they ever decide to revisit the franchise on console. I have my doubts, because their current direction is mobile only, and mobile only is where console franchises go to die. If Academy Season 2 doesn't get a TON of viewers and/or the mobile game doesn't make a ton of money (Battlecast and them killing the other mobile games doesn't bode well) they will quietly end it. At best we can hope for a half hearted low budget digital only game in a couple years, and Activision's track record on those isn't good. A Spyro remake game is a much better chance.

Seriously, I don't want to believe you but what your saying does seem accurate. It's very annoying to think that they would do that. I dont want to spend $50+ dollars on it now. I guess I'll just settle and look for a chain reaction then, but that seriously messed with my OCD because I was trying to get 2 of each class.

Is it still possible to reset imaginator crystals?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:37:27 11/09/2017 by wah543
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#30171 Posted: 14:14:16 11/09/2017
Seriously, I don't want to believe you but what your saying does seem accurate. It's very annoying to think that they would do that. I dont want to spend $50+ dollars on it now. I guess I'll just settle and look for a chain reaction then, but that seriously messed with my OCD because I was trying to get 2 of each class.

Is it still possible to reset imaginator crystals?

Yeah, resetting still works just fine. I do it using the 3DS game and they haven't updated that game and no reason to believe they would (or the console to disallow it if it were somehow possible).

Personally, I don't want to believe this either, but reality is reality. Activision is definitely not the biggest supporter of their fan wishes. And retailers are not going to be fond of re-dedicating lots of shelf space to figures again after recently sales numbers.

If they were smart and wanted to give it a go again, ideally they would go with a new game with a very limited figure selection to warm the waters up again. You have to tease fans back into the franchise after the more recent burns, notably leaving the US hanging out to dry on the last release. SSA worked well because it was fun, new and the idea of collecting all the figures was not a unreasonable endeavor at the time with figures running $7.99 and triples/adventure packs at $19.99. I would think a new game that focuses on solid gameplay, focusing on lengthy content and less on gimmicks, with max 2 per element figures and no special/additional stuff. Make Adventure Pack Levels inexpensive DLC, instead of pricey retail packs.
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#30172 Posted: 15:54:09 11/09/2017
Quote: Slvr
You know, this has been buzzing in my mind. What if, instead of stocking retail stores, they had an online "catalog" of sorts that would offer the currently available figures. That way, instead of losing money, they only have to create a much smaller amount rather than the amount they send out to stock varying stores and they can still do figure variants and in-game variants by making certain characters limited time only and, for random inserts, just randomly replace regular characters with the random inserts... Granted, you'd probably have to use a warehouse or something to store the figures before they get shipped out, but surely there's a building like this already?

Of course, I'm sure there are a million other reasons why that wouldn't work but I think it'd be a good idea. Just my two cents I suppose.

This has been on my mind a lot over the last year. (Note that though I've been playing since just before Swap Force came out, I really only joined the "fandom" after the announcement of Imaginators last summer.) If the main issue is getting stores to carry product towards the end of the release schedule, then a) why not expedite that schedule to get everything out on the shelves by Easter, and/or b) why not sell them directly through an Activision online store to cut the costs of physical retail? Both seem like no-brainers to me.

Quote: defpally
If they were smart and wanted to give it a go again, ideally they would go with a new game with a very limited figure selection to warm the waters up again. You have to tease fans back into the franchise after the more recent burns, notably leaving the US hanging out to dry on the last release. SSA worked well because it was fun, new and the idea of collecting all the figures was not a unreasonable endeavor at the time with figures running $7.99 and triples/adventure packs at $19.99. I would think a new game that focuses on solid gameplay, focusing on lengthy content and less on gimmicks, with max 2 per element figures and no special/additional stuff. Make Adventure Pack Levels inexpensive DLC, instead of pricey retail packs.

Agreed, a combination physical/digital release makes a ton of sense in the current climate. They definitely need to reduce the costs of physical character toys (which I believe they should keep producing) back to $10, as that seemed to be the sweet spot for them, and then sell levels as digital DLC for $10.

Honestly, SuperChargers probably had the most to gain from this delivery method -- if they'd announced up front that they'd be adding a new track pack every few months for $10, the game probably would have been MUCH more profitable. And that's coming from someone who hated SC. smilie

The added bonus of selling levels as DLC is that everybody who wants them would have to pay. I've let at least 3 other people unlock levels using my physical toys, since you only need to scan them once to permanently unlock them on your profile. (This isn't as much of a problem with the character toys, since loaning someone my characters means that I can't play them at all until they're returned to me... but I can still access the unlocked levels whether I have their toys on-hand or not.)
TTD Hunter Gems: 6201
#30173 Posted: 23:36:46 11/09/2017 | Topic Creator
I really do hope we do hear news of a new game next year, I didn't think I would but now that it is approaching the period where Skylanders games are normally released I am missing the whole buzz around a new release that we normally have. Sure there are some fantastic games coming out in the next couple of months that I am extremely excited for but there's something with Skylanders that I am missing. I have just ordered a new copy of Skylanders Giants and going to play that when it comes to hopefully fill the void, I'll probably replay all of the games after that, it has been a while.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#30174 Posted: 04:06:00 12/09/2017
I would snarkily say that there is no void in my wallet but I've been spending my Skylanders money elsewhere.

Just for September alone:

1. Metroid: Samus Returns Special Edition, which is out in a couple days.
  2. I had preordered the Danganronpa 3 special edition for $100 way back in Janurary and that is due sometime at the end of the month.
  3. And luckily I got in on an in store Gamestop preorder of the SNES mini which is due on the 29th.

And I bought at least 50 games dirt cheap from garage sales this year for my personal collection. Everyone is dumping their PS3 and Xbox 360 games like you wouldn't believe and none of them seemed to held any value, even the RPGs.

So I certainly have more free money for other games. Overall it was a pricey hobby, so I cannot say I really miss that, but I do miss not having new waifu characters to look forward to playing every year.
---
Stay Cool!
#30175 Posted: 13:29:31 12/09/2017
over the next couple months i gotta get-

Pokemon Silver VC Release
Super Mario Odyssey
Fire Emblem Warriors
Pokemon Ultra Sun
That new pokemon tcg expansion with the ultra beasts

plus i still need to buy some games (spla2n, nitw, ect.) so skylanders taking a break is fine by me.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#30176 Posted: 13:41:08 12/09/2017
Pokken DX, Zap?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#30177 Posted: 14:32:38 12/09/2017
Has people seen these already?

I've never seen any products for Academy and certainly no posters for Imaginators. Nice to see they exist if only in theory.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Even a new calendar!

[User Posted Image]

You can find these and more at the company website by typing Skylanders into the search box.

https://trendsinternational.com
---
Stay Cool!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#30178 Posted: 15:04:10 12/09/2017
The Imaginators calendar/poster was actually how we found out the game was happening :U

The Academy one is just the artworks(+mega squished Pop Fizz) tho, so nothing we haven't seen unfortunately. It's cheap to just get this official marketing stuff and cobble together a calendar, unlike other merch.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#30179 Posted: 15:10:39 12/09/2017
WAIT ONE OF THE NEW POSTERS HAS NEW ARTWORK!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#30180 Posted: 16:07:25 12/09/2017
Seems like just new renders, HIHD. That artsy poster has been used in merch since SC.

Meanwhile, Toys R Us may file for bankrupcy in the coming months, AFTER so many other stores ditched the series. Acti might want to change Skylanders' genre like asap if they want to keep the franchise alive.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:08:26 12/09/2017 by Bifrost
#30181 Posted: 16:12:14 12/09/2017
Is it even possible to change the ganere of a game like skylanders?
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#30182 Posted: 16:23:02 12/09/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Seems like just new renders, HIHD. That artsy poster has been used in merch since SC.

Meanwhile, Toys R Us may file for bankrupcy in the coming months, AFTER so many other stores ditched the series. Acti might want to change Skylanders' genre like asap if they want to keep the franchise alive.

wait WHAT
#30183 Posted: 16:25:57 12/09/2017
YES BUT THEY'RE IN NEW POSES! Not saying a new game is confirmed, thus thought it was interesting. Looks like it's drawn too. Anyone know if there's a larger version?
---
#30184 Posted: 16:31:58 12/09/2017
Well all you'd have to do is just remove the toy aspect, making the game cheaper by doing so. Make it so the soul gems in levels unlock the character, and a menu like the switch version?
#30185 Posted: 16:37:19 12/09/2017
It's really hard to keep up because of the Season 2 summary reveal, one sec. TRU is 500k in debt.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/t...uld-be-in-play/

TRU, not TFB, before anyone makes the same misread I did.
---
#30186 Posted: 16:39:28 12/09/2017
It's really hard to keep up because of the Season 2 summary reveal, one sec. TRU is 500k in debt.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/t...uld-be-in-play/

TRU, not TFB, before anyone makes the same misread I did.

well THAT's not good
#30187 Posted: 16:42:24 12/09/2017
Look on the bright side, if they do, TRU will (probably) have a going out of business sale. I'd totally dig in on that.
---
#30188 Posted: 16:44:01 12/09/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Look on the bright side, if they do, TRU will (probably) have a going out of business sale. I'd totally dig in on that.

...okay true but STILL
#30189 Posted: 16:45:26 12/09/2017
Quote: omer1698
Is it even possible to change the ganere of a game like skylanders?

By "changing genres" she just means "taking toys out of the equation".
---
Bruh
#30190 Posted: 16:46:24 12/09/2017
Press calls it a genre, not me, just using the term during this rush :I Skylanders is an Action Adventure RPG I believe.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:46:38 12/09/2017 by Bifrost
#30191 Posted: 16:49:46 12/09/2017
According to my dad, (He knows a ton about business) it seems TRU's bankruptcy may be more of a restructuring kind, than a end of it all kind.
---
#30192 Posted: 16:49:54 12/09/2017
no matter how you call it, skylanders depends on the toys, but zap i do like your idea about making that every time you find a soul gem you unloke a skylander.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#30193 Posted: 16:52:51 12/09/2017
I'll be incredibly sad if Toysrus dies. That would mean Walmart and Target would be the last places to buy toys, and they suck in comparison. Especially Walmart.

Maybe this should be the central plot of Toy Story 5. In the near future, toy stores like Al's Toy Barn no longer exist and toys fear for the survival of their race. Act 3 would take place in a Walmart.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#30194 Posted: 16:55:28 12/09/2017
Walmart is ass, oh my god. Target can be nice, but TRU is something special.
---
#30195 Posted: 17:03:22 12/09/2017
Press calls it a genre, not me, just using the term during this rush :I Skylanders is an Action Adventure RPG I believe.

The producers call it a "Dungeon Crawler" or a "Action RPG", depending on who you ask.

Quote: omer1698
no matter how you call it, skylanders depends on the toys, but zap i do like your idea about making that every time you find a soul gem you unloke a skylander.

I mean, it's perfectly possible to make a Skylanders game without the toys, or with the toys having minimal use (like the Amiibo figures).
---
Bruh
#30196 Posted: 17:16:58 12/09/2017
but oh dear god if tru dies then i'm gonna be sad
#30197 Posted: 18:00:22 12/09/2017
Oh boy, 44 notifications! What fun news is happ-

Oh no
---
Soon.
#30198 Posted: 18:01:51 12/09/2017
Oh boy, 44 notifications! What fun news is happ-

Oh no

Alteratively, on the Academy section, oh yeah.
---
First | Previous | Page 604 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 602 603 604 605 606 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me