darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders: Imaginators - General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*)
First | Previous | Page 594 of 601 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 592 593 594 595 596 ... 599 600 601
Skylanders: Imaginators - General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*) [STICKY]
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 5197
#29651 Posted: 19:01:13 01/10/2017
I get reddit and other big social media but I shouldn't need to bold a "/s" here.
---
I do art
Rip and tear, rip and tear your halos
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:01:25 01/10/2017 by Bifrost
ZapNorris Emerald Sparx [online] Gems: 4059
#29652 Posted: 00:19:40 02/10/2017
literally no TRU stores near me have LIM. I am pissed.
---
it really do be like dat sometimes
I HAVE RIGHT TO BEAR KAZOO
Wishblade Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#29653 Posted: 01:48:53 02/10/2017
Quote: ZapNorris

literally no TRU stores near me have LIM. I am pissed.

I got yer LIM. Check your pm box.
---
Any last wishes?
tachoppers Green Sparx Gems: 133
#29654 Posted: 02:45:38 02/10/2017
Closest tru to me is over 100 miles so unless it goes up on their website im sol
SporeVideos3 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#29655 Posted: 12:16:17 03/10/2017
I saw a few LIM packs at my Toys R Us in New Jersey, I didn't get one though because I already bought mine from overseas.
---
smilie32/32 smilie16/16 smilie32/32 smilie52/52 smilie20/20 smilie31/31
Ask not what Skylands can do for you, Ask what you can do for Skylands!
Unreallystic Gold Sparx Gems: 2626
#29656 Posted: 12:59:49 03/10/2017
I aint got no money *singing*

could ask someone to cop for me for XMas, but I doubt they will be able to find it...
fml...
- Unreall
FlyingHigh Green Sparx Gems: 167
#29657 Posted: 13:53:06 03/10/2017
I could buy Chompy mage regular for 50€ but before I do this, I want to ask if anyone know if he will be released outside the UK.
My hopes are not very high because here in Germany the most electronic markets do not have imaginators anymore. Yesterday a man there told me that everything is cancelled. So I can´t expect that anything new of imaginators will be released.
In a few days a lot of superchargers will be rereleased in Germany... Blute Trigger Happy for 2,99€ or Thrillipede for 6,99€ and so on...
#29658 Posted: 17:11:19 04/10/2017
So uh, Netflix straight up published a Stranger Things game today and it's apparently a short Zelda-style thing. Can they buy Skylanders from Acti since they've been treating it better, please?
---
I do art
emeraldzoroark Yellow Sparx Gems: 1202
#29659 Posted: 19:56:13 04/10/2017
Might wanna spoiler that, just in case.
---
Currently shiny hunting Guzzlord.
Don’t know what signature to use so this will do.
HeyitsHotDog Emerald Sparx [online] Gems: 3674
#29660 Posted: 19:59:29 04/10/2017
Dude, spoiler that.
---
You have to be PLUS ULTRA in life!
SkyFan91 Blue Sparx Gems: 594
#29661 Posted: 20:17:14 04/10/2017
How do I spoiler it? I'm on Mobile not sure if it's too different from the PC version
---
Waifu's are amazing. Don't let some idiot on Twitter say otherwise sent that fool to the dentist.
#29662 Posted: 20:32:44 04/10/2017
Quote: SkyFan91

How do I spoiler it? I'm on Mobile not sure if it's too different from the PC version

highlight it, then press the spoiler button (The red exclamation point in the small box)
---
Wishblade Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#29663 Posted: 20:34:04 04/10/2017
Quote: Bifrost

So uh, Netflix straight up published a Stranger Things game today and it's apparently a short Zelda-style thing. Can they buy Skylanders from Acti since they've been treating it better, please?

Cool. Funny you should mention that show, I just ran into Dusty today. I passed him going into somewhere. I started at him thinking he totally liked like Dusty. I heard dinnertime with him call him Gaten. I looked it up, that's his name. I I'm totaltotally stat-struck!
---
Any last wishes?
Blue Gaudreau Green Sparx Gems: 164
#29664 Posted: 22:56:12 05/10/2017
This is a test

Can you imagine a Skylanders Academy game?
---
Goodbye!
Green Sparx YES!!!
#29665 Posted: 19:50:18 06/10/2017
Quote: Blue Gaudreau

This is a test

Can you imagine a Skylanders Academy game?

That's one of the more clever ways to setup a "reboot"

Use voice actors and characters from the show along with the "atmosphere" of the show. The atmosphere of Sklyanders really dried out several years ago as cut scenes were typically villain dependent. That idea could really hit pay dirt.

Won't happen though.
- Unreall
#29666 Posted: 19:54:52 06/10/2017
With the plot Season 2 has? I'd be super down with that, though it'd sacrifice a good chunk of people's favorite Skylanders to develop just the existing ones plus whoever else they can add.
---
I do art
#29667 Posted: 21:54:44 06/10/2017
or any skylanders game that explores the plot of the series better than VV did would be cool. academy s2 stuff would be AMAZING with a t rated game lmao.
---
#29668 Posted: 00:23:43 07/10/2017
Also ok, if we get an Academy game, even if they cut and paste upgrade paths... (spoilers for this season)

Can we please get a new Soul Gem for Hex where she turns into this looker and attack/stuns everyone in range? Cuz I really liked this lore.
---
I do art
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:24:01 07/10/2017 by Bifrost
KingMed Yellow Sparx Gems: 1178
#29669 Posted: 03:46:29 07/10/2017

Also ok, if we get an Academy game, even if they cut and paste upgrade paths... (spoilers for this season)

Can we please get a new Soul Gem for Hex where she turns into this looker and attack/stuns everyone in range? Cuz I really liked this lore.

I also liked spyro's new shield they can give him that and make him fly by double tapping by the jump button .
#29670 Posted: 05:17:33 07/10/2017
other ideas for a possible academy game (spoilers here btw)

new power for jet vac where he throws blue magic eggs

new combo for stealth elf where she uses the blade from the vault in S2E4

new charge move for eruptor where he freezes the area around him, but it cuts like 1/4th of his max hp

sprocket soul gem that's the green wrench slam thingy like LUCIO'S ULT HELLO

Hex AOE zombie-bomb thing bifrost mentioned

---
#29671 Posted: 11:52:15 07/10/2017
Didn't Sprocket always have the AoE slam?
---
I do art
KingMed Yellow Sparx Gems: 1178
#29672 Posted: 12:02:39 07/10/2017

Didn't Sprocket always have the AoE slam?

I don't think so
#29673 Posted: 18:34:48 07/10/2017
Nah, she could just throw five mines at once at the end of a combo.
---
GillGrunt4Ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1671
#29674 Posted: 23:38:17 07/10/2017
Yo dudes, it's been a while since I've been here! I went to TRU the other day and got 10 new Skylanders, 'cause I got a deal where 8 of them were free. All of a sudden, here I am, back into Skylanders again! smilie smilie And I'm about to start Season 2 of Academy.
---
Check out my new FanFic, Skylanders: Civil War!
smilie smilie
#29675 Posted: 13:00:37 09/10/2017
Yeah I'm still chewing through the series, wSa watching it with my son, fell asleep, and he finished it with out me. That sprocket slam was definitely something she could have used.

As for cutting back on skylanders, if the series does return, it will have to change shape or die. I really think they will go down the Amiibo 'Card' route if they don't just do it digital, next time. There are too many benefits for everyone.

Going one of those two routes will be cheaper - for everyone, instead of production of hand painted toys that could sit on shelves, they are shot out a machine. With Cards, they could be tied into a Battlecast like card game. They could be updated seasonally, just like say Pokemon cards. Shipping is easier, and stores can carry them without dedicating the retail space. They can be TRADED, while not initially great for Acti - this is osmething that they could find a way to exploit...especially if tied into a card game, something they've obviously been toying around with between the side game and eventually Battlecast. If they go digital, they could map everything to an account, creating ways to unlock variants via activity or season/holiday. The account could be tied to multiple different and different TYPEs of skylander games as well.

And best of all - the risk is marginalized.
- Unreall
#29676 Posted: 13:58:25 09/10/2017
I think cards were one of the Spyro's Kingdom concepts. They work but like the Amiibo stuff it's crazy easy to pirate.
---
I do art
Johnbonne Green Sparx Gems: 320
#29677 Posted: 15:28:10 09/10/2017

I think cards were one of the Spyro's Kingdom concepts. They work but like the Amiibo stuff it's crazy easy to pirate.

Do stores take Amiibo cards and re-sell them like Amiibo or Skylander figures? It could be that Activision may want to take even more preventative measure against used sales/second-hand copies, as that's how I've got most of my figures and I'm sure a great many other players. With so many being so cheap, the newer ones are less appealing and possibly need gimmicks to make up for it.

Interesting that you mention Spyro Kingdom using the card system though. I'll look into that further. smilie
#29678 Posted: 16:12:25 09/10/2017
I think it's just a random sentence in their summary of development until the toy part, there isn't much on it.

They don't even need preowned, you can get the NFC data online and put it into any chip, then into a card. That's how people got the BOTW amiibo armor ahead of time.
---
I do art
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:12:38 09/10/2017 by Bifrost
#29679 Posted: 17:47:21 09/10/2017
Oh I do the amiibo thing HARD, but that's Nintendo's fault. It has nothing to do with ease or directly cost, it has to do with the function of the Amiibos being a complete and utter JOKE. I have a huge portion of the amiibos through the Wii U timeframe as physical toys, but by the time the Switch launched, it wsa evident that Nintendo had no CLUE what to do with Amiibos and it was a pure cash grab. I've spent easly hundreds of dollars on figures for say Smash Bros, yet I STILL have to buy the DLC, and all they do is act like a CPU...that I can just select in game anyways? KICK ROCKS.

So for BoTW, eventually I went in and got the NFC chips and did it that way, I can't stomach giving them anymore money for Amiibos until they function more like skylanders - physical DLC. I've never even TRIED to emulate a skylander toy, as I felt the only reason I wasn't getting my money's worth was because I went overboard and bought most of the stuff, so there was more toy than content to go through. It's GREAT for that kid or family that buys several figures per game, but those of us who buy up most of the stuff are left with characters who may only be level 4 and you've beaten the game.

I'm not going to pretend like piracy and second hand market isn't an issue, the second hand market makes it hard to clear the shelves of older figures, but like almost ALL things pirated or resold, it can be traced back to issues created by the maker. Older figures sit on shelves because there has never been a need for them. Each entry made the old entry's associated figures weaker, as a way to push the new figures. My old favorites were Prism Break and Drobot, but both of them are "cheeks" now. And Piracy en masse - rears its head when something isn't in alignment. People only go out of there way when they feels its a better option. Once streaming music found a way to be successful, sure you still have your pirates, but the numbers have shrunk MASSIVELY, and I say this as someone who pirated with the best of them. To my knowledge it wasn't bad in this series, but i it was, it would be tied to two things, figure release schedule/availability, and cost. Face facts, does skylanders look like it takes more to make tha any other AAA game? No. Those sell for $60 at launch. skylanders sells for more than that. They can sight the hardware and figures as a reason, and thats "OK", but then the figures are expensive in general. 4 of the "gimmick"-landers will set you back the cost of a BRAND NEW GAME. And by the looks of the sales, that is mostly driven by profit/greed - not reality. The chips are less than a dollar...at their bulk rates, they are likely less than 25 cents each. The figures themselves aren't special compared to other hand painted toys that sell for a lot less, in the realms of less than $5 and STILL make profit. Character development? Well balancing isn't an expensive part of the equation as there is no real PvP. character models aren't so ridiculously detailed that they blow the development cost of the game out the water. and the stuff gets reused. Like they could most likely sell the figures for half the cost and still make profit. Its their prerogative to sell at the prices they do, but when cost get to that level, its understandable WHY people would bootleg.
- Unreall
#29680 Posted: 20:26:13 09/10/2017
I think if Skylanders held high past TT, we'd definately see more piracy, but people didn't care. I remember in the SSA days that people were actively trying to find out how to stick it to Activision and they were fighting back. Now we have the yearly post from Matteo, maybe some tweaks to the backup tool, nothing else.
---
I do art
#29681 Posted: 13:05:27 10/10/2017

I think if Skylanders held high past TT, we'd definately see more piracy, but people didn't care. I remember in the SSA days that people were actively trying to find out how to stick it to Activision and they were fighting back. Now we have the yearly post from Matteo, maybe some tweaks to the backup tool, nothing else.

I was interested a little at one point, but that was driven by the second hand cost of Ghost Roaster at the time, and waiting for characters to be released, both of which strike to my original point...reasonable availability, whether options are limited by cost (he was going for $40+ at the time, his set was going for up to $75) or availability (Wave 4.5 or when it was difficult to get say Ninjini). There was a 3rd and 4th reason though - being bitten by the "terrible skylander" bug, and changing powers. You know, when you buy a character and they turn out to suck? The goat guy in Imaginators is one of the best looking in the entry, I WANT to play him, but he just isn't fun. Snaggletooth was them meshing Bash & Wrecking Ball, but missing the personality of Wrecking Ball and the damage/viability of Bash. After enough of those, you start wanting to test some of the 'Landers. Similar to that is testing moves and synergy, you end up sometimes wanting to wipe a lander, just so you can level them up with the other path.

They did work on some of this, but not enough. Figure prices continued to go up, the states still don't have or are just getting Ro Bo - not some collector thing, literally a level pack, a clothing pack, and new character. The elite characters could do path switching if I recall, but I was working on some characters this weekend, and once they were locked into a moveset I knew nothing about, they were locked. The displays hardly ever seem to work after Wave 2 for the game, so good luck seeing new characters without looking through youtube. And since they never ever made ap oint to make old characters still worthwhile to have, the second hand market got FLOODED.

Sigh...
-Unreall
#29682 Posted: 13:38:53 10/10/2017
Only Series+ and Imaginators can switch, no one else unless you have the PM Power in Superchargers.

Adding to the stuff I said, Imaginators also didn't get an article at The Cutting Room Floor either. That game is brimming with cut content(an artist's footage even has King Pen's old design) but again, no one cares, no one even tries to dig up some working names or something.

But figures, no figures, cards, whatever, I just wish the series would survive, but try as the devs tried, the people who left are never coming back unless it's a reboot that kicks previous entries out of the field, Season 2 of Academy unfortunately proved that. Be it distrusting Acti or siding with the hatedom.
---
I do art
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:39:38 10/10/2017 by Bifrost
#29683 Posted: 13:46:52 10/10/2017
That reminds me, on the people leaving, is I-Wei still at TfB? He isn't present in any of TfB's twitter pictures, but I know he's not camera shy.
---
#29684 Posted: 16:05:58 10/10/2017
I don't have an answer to that, but I can answer you on Paul.

He's working on a new Star Control game. I'm happy for him... But that's a main title, not a side project. If the head of TFB is no longer in Skylanders... Can't say I have any hopes left.
---
I do art
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:09:09 10/10/2017 by Bifrost
#29685 Posted: 16:53:55 10/10/2017

He's working on a new Star Control game. I'm happy for him... But that's a main title, not a side project. If the head of TFB is no longer in Skylanders... Can't say I have any hopes left.

Wait, so that's what they've been working on? When was that announced?

And we still have VV to look towards. If we get a new Skylanders game, odds are that it'd be from them.
---
#29686 Posted: 17:00:19 10/10/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

And we still have VV to look towards. If we get a new Skylanders game, odds are that it'd be from them.

Yeah, but their remake of Crash Bandicoot did so well, that I full on expect them to do something similar with say Spyro's adventure...
- Unreall
#29687 Posted: 17:04:28 10/10/2017
https://dogarandkazon.squarespace.com/

VV is still saddled with Destiny 2 and Crash. I know I'm being pessimistic, but... No. This and all the Artstation posts on how Imaginators had so much outsourcing, a good chunk of level artists of TFB are all out of a job or already elsewhere, I see no evidence against the game not being dead with Academy being the last part hanging. Only thing left is that their character modeler lists her job as still active in there.

In fact... I avoided that out of fear. Jeff Murchie is no longer there either, nearly same month as the level artists.

edit: if things weren't lovely enough, someone got the Skylanders and Academy tag searches nuked on Instagram. Good luck seeing newer posts.
---
I do art
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:52:46 10/10/2017 by Bifrost
#29688 Posted: 19:16:33 10/10/2017

Yep. I expect VV to be doing the next one. Especially considering that interview my friends found a couple months back.
---
Waifu's are amazing. Don't let some idiot on Twitter say otherwise sent that fool to the dentist.
King-Pen Krazy Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#29689 Posted: 19:40:17 10/10/2017
Quote: SkyFan91

Yep. I expect VV to be doing the next one. Especially considering that interview my friends found a couple months back.

Yes that "interview" that totally happened
---
Luke's gonna die in the next Star Wars movie, calling it right now
#29690 Posted: 19:41:46 10/10/2017
Welp I can already tell this will be going downhill quickly so... yeah
---
#29691 Posted: 19:43:28 10/10/2017
Emerald no one here is arguing what are you talking about?
---
#29692 Posted: 19:59:08 10/10/2017
Just saying that there’s a good chance of an argument happening with the whole “interview” thing.
---
#29693 Posted: 20:13:15 10/10/2017
What interview?
---
#29694 Posted: 21:15:50 10/10/2017

What interview?

Talking about it here isn't the best idea since it'll just start a flame war. I'll DM you about it
---
#29695 Posted: 22:47:35 10/10/2017
Look guys whining about first world problems gets things to happen sometimes

Don't do it tho being spoiled is for chumps

https://www.amazon.com/Skyland.../dp/1608879542/

New previews of the Portal Master handbook! Also the Instagram tags were restored. It's still copypasted from other books though, as far as we can see.
---
I do art
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:49:48 10/10/2017 by Bifrost
#29696 Posted: 23:21:04 10/10/2017
so i guess sir hoodington is more canon than i thought
---
#29697 Posted: 23:22:57 10/10/2017
Quote: ZapNorris

so i guess sir hoodington is more canon than i thought

Sir cannonington
---
Luminous35 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#29698 Posted: 01:38:06 11/10/2017
Welp. No more Figures, Cards, or T-Shirts.
Its literally just gone.
I DIDNT GET MY CHANCE TO SAVE ALL THE CARDS OF MY IMAGINATORS TO MY PHONE AGFHGFGJDA'
---
That's why I'm here! To fix the stuff you don't understand smilie
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#29699 Posted: 02:35:39 11/10/2017
Quote: Luminous35

Welp. No more Figures, Cards, or T-Shirts.
Its literally just gone.
I DIDNT GET MY CHANCE TO SAVE ALL THE CARDS OF MY IMAGINATORS TO MY PHONE AGFHGFGJDA'

Werent the failures limited time only? Or were they always available for purchase
---
Luminous35 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#29700 Posted: 10:42:15 11/10/2017
Well yes, but I figured they stopped a while ago. I didn't think they would completely disappear smilie
I'm just salty because I'm stuck using the unaccurate pictures in the creator app... -.-
Lmao Im waiting for the App to even be gone at this rate.
---
That's why I'm here! To fix the stuff you don't understand smilie
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
First | Previous | Page 594 of 601 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 592 593 594 595 596 ... 599 600 601

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me