darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 592 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 590 591 592 593 594 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#29551 Posted: 16:42:38 30/07/2017
Quote: wah543
Out of curiosity why does everyone like trap team so much. That was my least favorite game in the series

It expanded SO MUCH. The series kinda felt without direction until then, be it the devs themselves' confession in Giants, or SF trying to shake it up when we didn't even have an estabilished theme. After this game, it's full stop a world that works on Saturday Morning Cartoon rules, and estabilished a lot of species and lore that are far from the norm of other games. It also created the rogues gallery the series so needed, since pretty much every villain other than Kaos and Kaossandra were either laughable or good as dead.

Aesthetics were also on point, not being as samey as SF's level selection but sticking to its guns unlike SSA and Giants' wildly different areas.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:44:00 30/07/2017 by Bifrost
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#29552 Posted: 16:48:35 30/07/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Out of curiosity why does everyone like trap team so much. That was my least favorite game in the series

It expanded SO MUCH. The series kinda felt without direction until then, be it the devs themselves' confession in Giants, or SF trying to shake it up when we didn't even have an estabilished theme. After this game, it's full stop a world that works on Saturday Morning Cartoon rules, and estabilished a lot of species and lore that are far from the norm of other games. It also created the rogues gallery the series so needed, since pretty much every villain other than Kaos and Kaossandra were either laughable or good as dead.

Aesthetics were also on point, not being as samey as SF's level selection but sticking to its guns unlike SSA and Giants' wildly different areas.

I think what Bifrost is trying to say is thatit's basically Pokémon with guns.
---
Soon.
#29553 Posted: 17:05:47 30/07/2017
Pokémon works on anime rules. People suddenly have visions of perfect beauty and decide they want to do genocide with the nearest mcguffin.

Skylanders/Saturday Morning Cartoon is a little different. The villain of the week trips on a rock and declares war on tectonic plates using his vibration-disruptor beam and Disintegrator minions. Where did he get that? Who cares, go beat him up heroes.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:06:55 30/07/2017 by Bifrost
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#29554 Posted: 17:13:44 30/07/2017
So I've been playing the first few levels of Trap Team and OH MY GOD IT'S LIKE I NEVER PLAYED THE GAME BEFORE AND I'M PLAYING IT FOR THE FIRST TIME ALL OVER AGAIN

The Wii version really didn't do it justice. I'm glad I'm playing to it's full potential now.

------

Also:

Top 5 Favorite Skylanders?

1. Double Dare Trigger Happy
2. Chain Reaction
3. Chopper
4. Zoo Lou
5. Fizzy Frenzy Pop Fizz
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:27:11 30/07/2017 by Chompy-King257
#29555 Posted: 17:45:06 30/07/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257
So I've been playing the first few levels of Trap Team and OH MY GOD IT'S LIKE I NEVER PLAYED THE GAME BEFORE AND I'M PLAYING IT FOR THE FIRST TIME ALL OVER AGAIN

The Wii version really didn't do it justice. I'm glad I'm playing to it's full potential now.

------

Also:

Top 5 Favorite Skylanders?

1. Double Dare Trigger Happy
2. Chain Reaction
3. Chopper
4. Boom Jet
5. Fizzy Frenzy Pop Fizz

And that is why I switched to the Wii U version after Swap Force.

Top 5...
1. Wildfire
2. Eruptor
3. Prism Break
4. Night Shift
5. Sprocket
---
Soon.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#29556 Posted: 18:22:17 30/07/2017
Quote: CountMoneyBone
So I finally used that Trap Team Wii U redemption code. Trap Team is my second favorite in the series so I thought I should replay it with good graphics - as it was meant to be.

The only thing is - that download time though. I started the download about 2 hours ago and it's still only 27% done. I'm just going to watch a movie tonight and I'll just play it tomorrow morning when it's done.

you should have gotten the ps4 version, that is the definitive version of trap team. the graphics is so crisp its nearly scary, when you come from the blurry ps3,wiiu or the worst ever version on wii..

Wii U does have an advantage though in that you can play in off-TV mode, which is convenient for when someone else wants to use the TV or if you just want to play while lying in bed or whatever.
---
Boop me if you see this.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#29557 Posted: 18:28:40 30/07/2017
Spyro
Gill Grunt
Hotdog
Riptide
Countdown
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#29558 Posted: 19:23:09 30/07/2017
Top 5 Favourite Skylanders:

1) Pop Fizz
2) Cynder
3) Trigger Happy
4) Gusto
5) Rattle Shake
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#29559 Posted: 19:26:08 30/07/2017
1. Kaboom
2. Wham-Shell
3. Enigma
4. Swarm
5. Cobra Cadabra
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#29560 Posted: 19:36:00 30/07/2017
i find it impossible to do a top 5.. there is just so many good skylanders.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
wah543 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#29561 Posted: 19:47:31 30/07/2017

I agree th story was really good but everything else just felt bad to me. Swap Force will always be my favorite game I loved the level design in that game there are a good amount of levels I can do remember really enjoying. When I think back on the levels from Trap Team, all I remember is a slow sluggish mess. Everything was so slow in that game. There was no good pacing you were constantly interrupted by things that slowed your progression. The only level I accurately remembee enjoying was midnight express. The concept of the villains was a good concept but most of the villains sucked to play as. Taw Kwom Crow was the only villain I used and I used him more than any of the characters because he wrecked I just wanted to get the levels over with.
#29562 Posted: 20:15:31 30/07/2017
Well, I really don't like SF, so it makes sense I'm all for the opposite of theme and gameplay.

The game is way too picky on what you can skip and what you can't, but I still have more levels I like than I don't.
---
#29563 Posted: 00:10:20 31/07/2017
Well, I really don't like SF, so it makes sense I'm all for the opposite of theme and gameplay.

The game is way too picky on what you can skip and what you can't, but I still have more levels I like than I don't.

That makes sense while I didn't care for the story or cutscenes at all in Swap Force I did perfer the bigger focus on platforming. I did enjoy the story the lore and the cutscenes in trap team though.
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#29564 Posted: 03:23:41 31/07/2017
Sorry I'm going a little off-topic, but I made some Skylanders trivia questions and only one person has checked them out. Maybe because the post is buried in Forum Games, which is a sub-topic?

Anyway, play here: //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=137292.
---
Any last wishes?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:27:56 31/07/2017 by Wishblade
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#29565 Posted: 05:18:00 31/07/2017
1.Elite Spyro
2.Ro-Bow
3.Tae Kown Crow
4.Blackout
5.Bone Bash Roller Brawl
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#29566 Posted: 07:08:35 31/07/2017
Favourite figure of each reposed Skylander?

Here's mine:
Spyro: Series 2
Wrecking Ball: Series 1
Double Trouble: Series 2
Bash: Series 2
Terrafin: Series 2
Prism Break: Hyper Beam (Series 3)
Gill Grunt: Tidal Wave (Series 4)
Slam Bam: Series 2
Zap: Series 2
Eruptor: Series 1
Flameslinger: Series 2
Ignitor: Series 1
Trigger Happy: Series 1
Drobot: Series 2
Drill Sergeant: Series 2
Cynder: Series 1
Hex: Series 2
Chop Chop: Series 2
Whirlwind: Horn Blast (Series 3)
Sonic Boom: Series 2
Lightning Rod: Series 2
Stealth Elf: Series 2
Camo: Series 1
Zook: Series 2
Stump Smash: Series 2
Pop Fizz: Fizzy Frenzy (Series 3)
Chill: Series 1
Hot Dog: Fire Bone (Series 2)
Sprocket: Heavy Duty (Series 2)
Jet Vac: Turbo (Series 2)
Shroom Boom: Sure Shot (Series 2)
Fryno: Hog Wild (Series 2)
Rollerbrawl: Series 2
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#29567 Posted: 07:54:33 31/07/2017
Here's mine:
Wrecking Ball: Series 1
Double Trouble: Royale
Terrafin: Shark Shooter ( Super Charger )
Gill Grunt: Deep Dive (Super Charger )
Slam Bam: Elite
Eruptor: Volcanic Eruptor ( Series 3 )
Flameslinger: Golden ( Series 2 )
Ignitor: Legendary
Trigger Happy: Flocked Big Bang Easter edition ( Series 3 )
Drobot: Lightcore
Cynder: Series 2
Hex: Lightcore
Chop Chop: Twin Blade ( Series 3 )
Whirlwind: Horn Blast (Series 3)
Lightning Rod: Metalic Purple
Stealth Elf: Ninja ( Series 3 ) and Dark Super Shot ( Super Charger )
Camo: Series 1
Zook: Elite
Pop Fizz: Fizzy Frenzy (Series 3)
Chill: Blizzard (Series 2 )
Hot Dog: Fire Bone Furple flame chase variant (Series 2)
Sprocket: Metalic Heavy Duty (Series 2)
Jet Vac: Hurricane ( Super Charger )
Shroom Boom: Lightcore
Rollerbrawl: Bone Bash ( Super Charger )
#29568 Posted: 14:34:54 31/07/2017
Wrecking Ball: Series 2
Double Trouble: Series 2
Terrafin: Shark Shooter
Gill Grunt: Tidal Wave (Series 4)
Slam Bam: Series 2
Eruptor: Lava Lance
Flameslinger: Series 2
Ignitor: Series 2
Trigger Happy: Double Dare
Drobot: Series 2
Cynder: Phantom Strike
Hex: Series 2
Chop Chop: Twin Blade
Whirlwind: Horn Blast
Lightning Rod: Series 2
Stealth Elf: Ninja
Camo: Series 2
Zook: Series 2
Pop Fizz: Fizzy Frenzy
Chill: Blizzard
Hot Dog: Fire Bone
Sprocket: Heavy Duty
Jet Vac: Full Blast
Shroom Boom: Sure Shot (Series 2)
Rollerbrawl: Bone Bash
---
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#29569 Posted: 19:04:28 31/07/2017

The biggest difference to me between the two entities that built games for the franchise was level design. VV would go big, the problem being the levels were simply too long. Being blunt, the game is simple, the combat is simple, the puzzles are simple, there is very very very little "depth", so the entertainment for older folks such as myself, is tied pretty heavy to the level design, if I am doing boring redundant stuff for the majority of hte level, and the level is super long, then I get bored, I get bored I get sleepy, I get sleepy, I stop playing. This became a SERIOUS issue on Swap Force, the levels were so long.

Trap Team though got it 'just right' on level length. So you have good level design, paired with next gen graphics, paired with villains with high charisma, a well designed character class, a gimmick that was very well executed (with a few exception), memorable set pieces, and perfect for someone like me - who likes testing limits - Kaos mode, to date, still the best end game style content in the series, if I want to race I'll play Mario Kart, and Imaginators - while it has the right idea for end game content, cycling between like 5 super short missions of SUPER EASY difficulty - just doesn't cut it.

With that said, with the right patch, I still think this iteration could be the best in the series...by adding some more beef to the endless missions, or adding difficulty or stylistic sliders to them - similar to Diablo 3, by CONTINUING SUPPORT of the imaginite pieces via patches and DLC, this game could easily become the best...but Activision's way of moving is consistent enough for me to know that's not happening.
- Unreall
#29570 Posted: 20:08:56 31/07/2017
Oh yeah, TT's level length was just right. The short ones didn't end suddenly like Time Town, the big ones like Telescope Towers only get dragged down by the unskippable cutscenes which aren't fault of the level design, just the game as a whole.
---
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#29571 Posted: 20:30:49 31/07/2017
Yeah, I really enjoyed playing through Swap Force... the first time. But playing through every level to get every star on both Normal and Nightmare difficulty, then again on Score and Time Attack modes to get all the Achievements and I was ready to put the game away for good. I still shudder a bit thinking of the Frost Elf area that just kept going on forever...

Conversely, Trap Team is a joy to play every time. Well, if I just skip the first level that's bogged down in unnecessarily long tutorials and an unsatisfying boss "fight" and ignore Flynn's "meditations on BOOM" or whatever they're called, anyway. It didn't get everything right, but it keeps the pacing light and fun throughout and gives you enough weird side activities to give you a reason to come back.
#29572 Posted: 20:41:50 31/07/2017
WELCOME BACK TO WOODBURROW HERO OF CLOUDBREAK ISLANDS. WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU TODAY?
PERHAPS YOU SHOULD TRY VISITING AVRIL TODAY. SHE STILL HAS PLENTY OF HEROIC CHALLENGES FOR YOU TO TRY!
---
Soon.
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#29573 Posted: 21:02:33 31/07/2017
I like the meditations on BOOM. But I haven't replayed TT yet, I can imagine it getting old.

I really enjoy replaying Giants. I was disappointed in a lot of the Skylanders in TT, and overwhelmed by the huge roster. The levels did seem to be balanced well with pacing, but I think the trapping villains feature is it's best asset.
---
Any last wishes?
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#29574 Posted: 22:16:43 31/07/2017
Quote: Wishblade
I like the meditations on BOOM. But I haven't replayed TT yet, I can imagine it getting old.

I really enjoy replaying Giants. I was disappointed in a lot of the Skylanders in TT, and overwhelmed by the huge roster. The levels did seem to be balanced well with pacing, but I think the trapping villains feature is it's best asset.

Giants is still the best thing in the series ever, I never get tired of replaying it.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#29575 Posted: 22:38:21 31/07/2017
Giants is the best to replay, there's so much you can miss in a first playthrough like Ermit's extra dialogue, and the levels are just quick brawling with the occasional puzzle. It's my favorite overall, since it tried to get darker with the story and there's tons of lore, but since that never got expanded TT is better off for keeping things contained.

The TT Story Scrolls depend entirely on you liking Flynn and/or the old scrolls. I don't, and I loved the little bits of lore. Do the math.

in fact iirc he'll be on season 2 of Academy, and I hope by Eon's beard he'll get one focus episode at the most or replace the Mabu staff when he's convenient. His VA just consumes any scene his in, for better or worse, and I can't think of a single Skylanders character that can play off of him in either canon. Yes, even Buzz, because he stands out by being louder.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:40:42 31/07/2017 by Bifrost
#29576 Posted: 22:38:34 31/07/2017
I personally felt like Giants was just thrown together last-minute to capitalize on the franchise's surprising success. I did not like the vehicle and giant robot sections towards the end, and otherwise the game basically felt like Spyro's Adventure ver.1.2: Now With Big Characters. I might have liked it more if I'd played it before the original, and while it did look smoother than the first game, the lack of any real innovation puts it in "Meh" territory as far as I'm concerned. The best part of the game was George Takei voicing the Arkeyan Conquertron.

(The only Skylanders game I actively dislike is SuperChargers. Giants wasn't fantastic, but I don't regret playing it.)

The TT Story Scrolls depend entirely on you liking Flynn and/or the old scrolls. I don't, and I loved the little bits of lore. Do the math.

Same. I DO like Flynn, but in small quantities, and I don't want to hear a 40 second sound byte of him stroking his own ego. Moar loar plz.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:41:32 31/07/2017 by McMurderpaws
#29577 Posted: 22:42:23 31/07/2017
Giants is the best to replay, there's so much you can miss in a first playthrough like Ermit's extra dialogue, and the levels are just quick brawling with the occasional puzzle. It's my favorite overall, since it tried to get darker with the story and there's tons of lore, but since that never got expanded TT is better off for keeping things contained.

in fact iirc he'll be on season 2 of Academy, and I hope by Eon's beard he'll get one focus episode at the most or replace the Mabu staff when he's convenient. His VA just consumes any scene his in, for better or worse, and I can't think of a single Skylanders character that can play off of him in either canon. Yes, even Buzz, because he stands out by being louder.

I admit, I still love Flynn, but Flynn's mediations of boom was trash.

I HOPE TO GOD HES IN SEASON 2!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#29578 Posted: 22:43:42 31/07/2017
I'm pretty sure he is, HIHD. Eric's tweets are confusing(since twitter loves to eat the posts he's answering) but he confirmed him specifically.

But god damn I hope for once he's like the other veteran VAs and just does what the script asks him to regardless of the main canon, instead of just literally screaming more and more by the game. His SC and Imaginators dialogue are infuriating in every sentence because it's 100% to make a toddler look at him.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:47:35 31/07/2017 by Bifrost
#29579 Posted: 22:52:08 31/07/2017
HAHAHA YEAH! BOOM!
---
#29580 Posted: 23:06:21 31/07/2017
Pretty much. First few games, while he's still annoying, it was played as him being truly annoying but competent enough to stay - that's a cliche but he was still fun to listen to. After SF they slowly increase the 'distraction for kids' factor to stupid levels, and by SC he's actually insulting at times, and in Imaginators unbearable and the plot would be better off if he didn't appear in both of these games. Which is a shame too, since at the same time TT tried to give him a good character, they slammed 'boom' into most of his dialogue ncluding EVERY. SINGLE. PRE-LEVEL LINE. With absolutely no build up to it like it used to.
---
#29581 Posted: 23:17:41 31/07/2017
Pokémon works on anime rules. People suddenly have visions of perfect beauty and decide they want to do genocide with the nearest mcguffin.

Skylanders/Saturday Morning Cartoon is a little different. The villain of the week trips on a rock and declares war on tectonic plates using his vibration-disruptor beam and Disintegrator minions. Where did he get that? Who cares, go beat him up heroes.

I forgot to correct you on this... like I said... it's Pokémon...

...with guns.
[User Posted Image]
---
Soon.
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#29582 Posted: 02:32:44 01/08/2017
I said I'm taking a break until we get news but some TRU employee started stuff https://www.reddit.com/r/skyla...ing_down_their/
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:07:14 01/08/2017 by SkyFan91
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#29583 Posted: 02:52:17 01/08/2017
I'm not gonna think much about it until they show some verification. This person even says they have a paper about it but refuses to share it.
---
POPSMARTS!
#29584 Posted: 03:04:27 01/08/2017
Heck now the guy said that they're still gonna get shipments. If they're done with it why are stores gonna get more shipments? Sounds very fishy
#29585 Posted: 03:24:39 01/08/2017
This is the same user who originally announced that Kaos would be a preorder bonus, so... we'll see, I guess.

I'm mostly more impressed that you ACTUALLY POSTED THE LINK without having to be asked a half dozen times.
#29586 Posted: 03:31:56 01/08/2017
Then yet again Acti is trying to find their way with the franchise. Reboot incoming? We'll see. (I hope they stay with TTL)
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#29587 Posted: 03:59:05 01/08/2017
I will wait until we get some verification but somthing tells me we will not like the answoer...
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:11:28 01/08/2017 by omer1698
#29588 Posted: 04:15:11 01/08/2017
Quote: Unreallystic

The biggest difference to me between the two entities that built games for the franchise was level design. VV would go big, the problem being the levels were simply too long. Being blunt, the game is simple, the combat is simple, the puzzles are simple, there is very very very little "depth", so the entertainment for older folks such as myself, is tied pretty heavy to the level design, if I am doing boring redundant stuff for the majority of hte level, and the level is super long, then I get bored, I get bored I get sleepy, I get sleepy, I stop playing. This became a SERIOUS issue on Swap Force, the levels were so long.

Trap Team though got it 'just right' on level length. So you have good level design, paired with next gen graphics, paired with villains with high charisma, a well designed character class, a gimmick that was very well executed (with a few exception), memorable set pieces, and perfect for someone like me - who likes testing limits - Kaos mode, to date, still the best end game style content in the series, if I want to race I'll play Mario Kart, and Imaginators - while it has the right idea for end game content, cycling between like 5 super short missions of SUPER EASY difficulty - just doesn't cut it.

With that said, with the right patch, I still think this iteration could be the best in the series...by adding some more beef to the endless missions, or adding difficulty or stylistic sliders to them - similar to Diablo 3, by CONTINUING SUPPORT of the imaginite pieces via patches and DLC, this game could easily become the best...but Activision's way of moving is consistent enough for me to know that's not happening.
- Unreall

I agree the levels of Swap Force we're long but they had save points in them for that reason too. I didnt get bored playing SF levels I did get annoyed by they're legnth but I was able to turn it off in the middle of the level and pick up where I left off.

Trap Team levels legnths we're good but playing a level felt all the way through felt more like a chore to me because it was slowed down by unskippable cut scenes, slow boring puzzles, and dumb gimmicks (shooting the worm in the dessert or staying in the magic bubble in the swamp) that made the levels feel slow sluggish. And the gimmick was not executed well at all. Most of the villains sucked. They were liteally useless,(the bomb guy, the magic turtle with bombs, the ivysaur look a like for example. I'm not good with their names). The villains challenges to upgrade them were so uninspired for most to them it was boring. I will agree the kaos challenges at the end of the game was really fun though

Also does anyone know of some where that would sell ro bow alone, I don't care that much about the chest or Crystal I just want robow to finish my collection finally
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:21:47 01/08/2017 by wah543
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#29589 Posted: 04:19:17 01/08/2017
Quote: SkyFan91
Heck now the guy said that they're still gonna get shipments. If they're done with it why are stores gonna get more shipments? Sounds very fishy

They have cases in their warehouse and they will ship to stores that still sell them in decent numbers, the ones that come Fedex from directly from the distributor are the new waves when they first come out. Existing waves come in via their regular trucks. My TRU had several of the earlier waves figures the other day, I would imagine those came in that way since their stock is dwindling.

The Gamestop I was in tonight had one Imaginator, one Crash Level Pack and one Cursed Tiki Temple pack - and a couple crystals and a few older game things. It took up half of one side of a kiosk for their entire Skylanders stock. They had Imaginators Starters shoved in the clearance display sideways.
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#29590 Posted: 06:15:31 01/08/2017
I too am sceptical about this, but there's very little the person in that thread could do - I'm sure they can show us the email, but their job may have non-disclosure agreements and showing off emails could result in termination of their contract for security purposes. If they were to say that, I could believe them. But their reason of "it's in Swedish and wouldn't be of much use to you anyway" makes a pessimist of me rather than an optimist.

On the idea that there's still going to be shipments, that makes sense to me: just because they're apparently done with future Toys to Life, doesn't mean that they're going to burn the remaining ones and call it a day. There's a lot of money sitting in those warehouses, and getting the public interested in them is far more effective when it's in their face at Toys 'R Us than hiding somewhere on a website. But that's just my suggestion.

Regardless of all this, I'm grateful to SkyFan91 for providing a link! Really helps out. smilie
Zekrom Prime Blue Sparx Gems: 816
#29591 Posted: 06:19:19 01/08/2017
I don't think Skylanders will end like that but I understand why he thinks that
As for Activision shutting down I doubt that so many licenses Spongebob, transformers etc.
They are too strong for that as of now
#29592 Posted: 08:33:15 01/08/2017
Acti would only shut down if they wanted to jump to another market and they really have no reason to with COD. Has nothing to do with that thread tho.

Well, we're still in the dark about it. They can shut down TTL and still do Skylanders. They can be really stupid and not use 300+ characters' worth of intellectual propety that kids know. They can do something else entirely. Too bad we mistreated the only person that could provide us with any directions who probably told all other leakers to avoid us, huh?
---
#29593 Posted: 11:14:22 01/08/2017
Quote: Johnbonne
I too am sceptical about this, but there's very little the person in that thread could do - I'm sure they can show us the email, but their job may have non-disclosure agreements and showing off emails could result in termination of their contract for security purposes. If they were to say that, I could believe them. But their reason of "it's in Swedish and wouldn't be of much use to you anyway" makes a pessimist of me rather than an optimist.

On the idea that there's still going to be shipments, that makes sense to me: just because they're apparently done with future Toys to Life, doesn't mean that they're going to burn the remaining ones and call it a day. There's a lot of money sitting in those warehouses, and getting the public interested in them is far more effective when it's in their face at Toys 'R Us than hiding somewhere on a website. But that's just my suggestion.

Regardless of all this, I'm grateful to SkyFan91 for providing a link! Really helps out. smilie

He keeps on saying that it's just a piece of paper saying Acti is done that really makes it sound fake
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:14:42 01/08/2017 by SkyFan91
#29594 Posted: 14:06:38 01/08/2017
Question - should I add villains in my fan Skylanders game? Like, the rest of the Doom Raiders and some others?
---
#29595 Posted: 14:28:19 01/08/2017
Question - should I add villains in my fan Skylanders game? Like, the rest of the Doom Raiders and some others?

I'd say yes, with one for each element. Like for example

Undead: Moneybone

Air: Stratosfear

Dark: Mesmerelda

Fire: Scrap Shooter (For me)

Water: Gulper

Life: Pepperjack (He can easily still have a hot/fire/heat based theme)

Tech: Krankenstien

Earth: Cuckoo Clucklander

Light: Luminous

Earth: Trolling Thunder

or, if you wanan go crazy, add two per element.

Off to play TT now smilie
---
#29596 Posted: 14:30:08 01/08/2017
Actually, I don't think I'm going to do Villain figures after all, but I still appreciate that idea. Thanks!
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:35:15 01/08/2017 by Chompy-King257
MekakuCityPKMN Yellow Sparx Gems: 1516
#29597 Posted: 14:51:40 01/08/2017
Okay, bit of fan speculation that's as founded on evidence as that Reddit post is.

What if Acti was getting out of TTL, but wasn't quite ditching Skylanders yet? Like, they actually made an intelligent move for once and moved the franchise out of TTL without killing it entirely and made the next game mostly standalone.

I'd hope they kept support for portals and had our existing toys do something- I wouldn't expect anything like 'toy unlocks a Heroic Challenge' or anything because A.There are WAY too many for that now and B.Too much work and not enough money back, but maybe having the toy would give those characters in-game a stat boost, or something similar to a Wow-Pow?

Speaking of characters, if they were to do this standalone game, I'd love it if you unlocked characters as the story progresses. Maybe with every star you get on a level, you unlock another character? That'd definitely up the time spent on the game without having to add too much (except for quite a few more levels, of course)... but even then, that would also provide us as fans a safeguard against a hilariously small number of levels. Heck, they could even bump up the number of stars to five to keep them from having too many levels and I'd be happy.

Given there are 142 different Skylanders (not counting reposes/variants/Superchargers of existing charas), that would already be about 28 levels with 5 stars for each level, if they didn't add more to the roster.

I dunno, this is kind of me thinking out loud here. If this mythical standalone game were to happen, what would you all want it to be like?
---
"KRANK up the Sky-Chi!"

might be making a soft continuation of the series, idk
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#29598 Posted: 14:57:02 01/08/2017

I agree the levels of Swap Force we're long but they had save points in them for that reason too. I didnt get bored playing SF levels I did get annoyed by they're legnth but I was able to turn it off in the middle of the level and pick up where I left off.

Trap Team levels legnths we're good but playing a level felt all the way through felt more like a chore to me because it was slowed down by unskippable cut scenes, slow boring puzzles, and dumb gimmicks (shooting the worm in the dessert or staying in the magic bubble in the swamp) that made the levels feel slow sluggish. And the gimmick was not executed well at all. Most of the villains sucked. They were liteally useless,(the bomb guy, the magic turtle with bombs, the ivysaur look a like for example. I'm not good with their names). The villains challenges to upgrade them were so uninspired for most to them it was boring. I will agree the kaos challenges at the end of the game was really fun though

Also does anyone know of some where that would sell ro bow alone, I don't care that much about the chest or Crystal I just want robow to finish my collection finally

true story, not once was I ever able to successfully save mid-level. Everyone says it worked, but it never did for me. that's besides the point. I would have much rathered them handle it like they did in SAS, where it became an "arc" over several levels instead of cramming a bunch of stuff into one level. What magnified my frustration was a lot of the length was WALKING. I can't get the stupid snow level out my head...my fav Swaps were the ones with movement bonuses, just so I cna get from point A to point B, you would have thought I was doing speed runs after a while. And I actually LIKED the SF gimmick, it was executed well, the figures were good, etc the game just felt like a chore to play through. Honestly, I beat the game once, messed around a few times after that with my wife and son, and stopped. I had no urge to play through it a second time or on a harder difficulty. the only game worse than that for me was SC...I liked the combat, was cool with the fighting, HATED the boss fights that forced me to use these horrible vehicle controls, and well anytime my skylander wasn't doing the fighting, I hated it.

Best way to sum it up, SC is like the first Transformer movie (or second), if you fastforward past all the parts that don't have a Transformer on screen, it becomes an actually GOOD movie. SC is the same, skip all the vehicle sections and it becomes a good game...the vehicles felt like filler...or like the walking in the snow level of SF. I'd rather play 20 minutes of intense gaming, than an hour of pacing.
- Unreall
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#29599 Posted: 15:31:36 01/08/2017
Quote: SkyFan91
He keeps on saying that it's just a piece of paper saying Acti is done that really makes it sound fake

He has been an accurate source in the past, therefore he does likely work at TRU. He may not have extensive access to information, so it can be taken with a grain of salt. Not to mention it is Sweden, which isn't really a worldwide statement. And even if they are done with toys to life, they aren't done with Skylanders. That just lends some to the belief that if they do another console Skylanders to test the waters in a couple years it will probably be without figures to keep upfront costs down.

Quote: Unreallystic

true story, not once was I ever able to successfully save mid-level. Everyone says it worked, but it never did for me. that's besides the point. I would have much rathered them handle it like they did in SAS, where it became an "arc" over several levels instead of cramming a bunch of stuff into one level. What magnified my frustration was a lot of the length was WALKING. I can't get the stupid snow level out my head...my fav Swaps were the ones with movement bonuses, just so I cna get from point A to point B, you would have thought I was doing speed runs after a while. And I actually LIKED the SF gimmick, it was executed well, the figures were good, etc the game just felt like a chore to play through. Honestly, I beat the game once, messed around a few times after that with my wife and son, and stopped. I had no urge to play through it a second time or on a harder difficulty. the only game worse than that for me was SC...I liked the combat, was cool with the fighting, HATED the boss fights that forced me to use these horrible vehicle controls, and well anytime my skylander wasn't doing the fighting, I hated it.

Best way to sum it up, SC is like the first Transformer movie (or second), if you fastforward past all the parts that don't have a Transformer on screen, it becomes an actually GOOD movie. SC is the same, skip all the vehicle sections and it becomes a good game...the vehicles felt like filler...or like the walking in the snow level of SF. I'd rather play 20 minutes of intense gaming, than an hour of pacing.
- Unreall

I personally think Swap Force is the great. Long, good levels (maybe too long at times, but I'd rather have too much than overly short), lots to do, great upgrade in technology. Great gimmick - fun to play with as toys and in game, but I agree the figures don't really fit the previous style - Wash Buckler was the first one I saw and I didn't even think he was a Skylander at first.

BTW, on the Ro-Bow question, I doubt he will be sold alone new, maybe you can get him down the road used. But honestly, the parts are a great addition - they fill in some gaps in making Imaginators. The crystal was the only thing I could have done without, they should have put one a Fire or maybe a Dark one in there.

As far as Transformers, I thought the first was a good movie, you just have to check your 80's nostalgia at the door. The old designs simply wouldn't look right in real life action. The second one, well the parts with the Transformers on screen was the ONLY good part - as much as they butchered the concept of Devastator, I still think that part was awesome (minus the unnecessary "parts" of him). That movie was made during the writer's strike, and they incredibly poor story and dialog show that, but Michael Bay has never been fond of worrying about writing anyways. The third and fourth were fun action movies, you just have to chuck your desire for compelling characters or story at the door. I enjoy them the same way as I enjoyed old 80s Arnold movies like Commando and Total Recall. I haven't bothered with the latest one.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:32:13 01/08/2017 by defpally
#29600 Posted: 15:40:36 01/08/2017
Other stores already ditched the figures altogether, sl it's not that big of a stretch.

On SC, I wouldn't go as far as compare it to Transformers, even if both gave me a headache. The setpieces are still pretty good for vehicles, the issue is that they put all(and I mean all) their chips into gameplay that is crazy inferior to other vehicle games, vehicle abilities that either ruin a figure or make it far too OP, and a camera distance that no sane person can call acceptable at various points. If it was like TT and Imaginators where the vehicles are just an option and have polish for little contained areas, I doubt the end result would've been as messy. I said that recently but can't remember where, they had Speed Swap Zones, short and most likely fun, and the vehicles should've replicated that effect outside of multiplayer.
---
First | Previous | Page 592 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 590 591 592 593 594 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me