darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 551 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 549 550 551 552 553 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#27501 Posted: 12:05:21 23/04/2017
When is E3...I think that they might reveal new shizzz on E3.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#27502 Posted: 12:27:32 23/04/2017
Quote: SkyFan91
Quote: defpally
Quote: ZapNorris
>skylanders posts an academy clip in insta
>"don't cry, season 2 of academy coming this fall!"
>some kid comments "and imaginators year 2 coming in october"
>like dude
>we have confirmation of ONE adventure pack in Q4, and we don't know what it is
>calm down there buddy

We don't even have confirmation of one adventure pack in Q4. We have a forecast from Activision suggesting it which has a long history of being "optimistic". They had one a couple years back that list a Diablo 3 second and third expansion in their plans. Those never happened. Cursed Tiki Temple isn't exactly flying off the shelves, nor are any Skylanders. They put down those plans to look good for investors, it isn't a guarantee of release.

Right now Activision is looking down the barrel of two of their biggest money makers falling out of favor with the gaming public.

Did you not see the official 2017 plans chart from business insider?

Dude, that plans chart is EXACTLY what I was referring to. People are jumping to HUGE conclusions from tiny snippets of positive information and ignoring large pieces of conflicting information because it doesn't suit what they want to hear. It is getting kind of pathetic. Those plans charts are HIGHLY fluid based on a variety of factors. It is not uncommon for things on there to be altered or even vanish - as I pointed out, even for very popular and money making franchises like Diablo.

Every store I go into has loads of the Wave 4 stuff, including Cursed Tiki Temple. For a new released figure/pack don't you think that would be selling a bit better if they had this "Year 2" roadmap planned and moving ahead? Have you not been around in previous years and seen how new Wave 4 content sells? It is always the hardest wave to obtain. Maybe they have thought about it, but any new hires are likely not on TTL games or expansions for a game that is flat out not selling. Maybe a spin off or something at best. TTL games take loads of up front investment, and Activision isn't doing really well right now, I doubt the risk would be worth it.

I'm actually more concerned we even get Wave 5 at this point. Switch Imaginators didn't seem to do that well at all, and Imaginators in general has had highly disappointing sales. Best Buy, Target and Walmart are all barely even messing with that stuff anymore. I know it is hard to wrap your head around your favorite franchise being sunsetted, but it is a very distinct possibility.
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#27503 Posted: 12:34:06 23/04/2017

We don't even have confirmation of one adventure pack in Q4. We have a forecast from Activision suggesting it which has a long history of being "optimistic". They had one a couple years back that list a Diablo 3 second and third expansion in their plans. Those never happened. Cursed Tiki Temple isn't exactly flying off the shelves, nor are any Skylanders. They put down those plans to look good for investors, it isn't a guarantee of release.

Right now Activision is looking down the barrel of two of their biggest money makers falling out of favor with the gaming public.

Did you not see the official 2017 plans chart from business insider?

Dude, that plans chart is EXACTLY what I was referring to. People are jumping to HUGE conclusions from tiny snippets of positive information and ignoring large pieces of conflicting information because it doesn't suit what they want to hear. It is getting kind of pathetic. Those plans charts are HIGHLY fluid based on a variety of factors. It is not uncommon for things on there to be altered or even vanish - as I pointed out, even for very popular and money making franchises like Diablo.

Every store I go into has loads of the Wave 4 stuff, including Cursed Tiki Temple. For a new released figure/pack don't you think that would be selling a bit better if they had this "Year 2" roadmap planned and moving ahead? Have you not been around in previous years and seen how new Wave 4 content sells? It is always the hardest wave to obtain. Maybe they have thought about it, but any new hires are likely not on TTL games or expansions for a game that is flat out not selling. Maybe a spin off or something at best. TTL games take loads of up front investment, and Activision isn't doing really well right now, I doubt the risk would be worth it.

I'm actually more concerned we even get Wave 5 at this point. Switch Imaginators didn't seem to do that well at all, and Imaginators in general has had highly disappointing sales. Best Buy, Target and Walmart are all barely even messing with that stuff anymore. I know it is hard to wrap your head around your favorite franchise being sunsetted, but it is a very distinct possibility.

1. What your doing is a very late response.
2. Yes I have been around for the past years I've been a fan since the beginning
3. Yes I know the last waves are a ***** to get that's why I get everything when they come out
4. It's not snippets of evidence it's just that the majority believe it as that way while others believe otherwise
5. Let's not start an arguement
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#27504 Posted: 12:38:20 23/04/2017
Quote: Insane01
careful, everyone. Disney had announced they were expanding DI 3 before they suddenly pulled the plug with, at least, two years of upcoming products planned. even Skylanders could end up the same way, though very unlikely, because there's a lot of untapped potential ideas for future Skylanders games

Well that was a bit different. The entire studio got shut down abruptly by Sisney. Most likely 95% of the employees working on DI had no clue anything was going to happen. At this point I would say this:

Worst Case Senerio: We only get 1 more adventure pack after LIM per Buisness Insider

Probabal Senerio: Imaginators receives a large content update in October with a few new figures and levels (Supported by the officials Skylanders twitter's tweet after the press event back in February)

Best Case Senerio: Skylanders gets a 7th game
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#27505 Posted: 12:40:36 23/04/2017
Quote: ninja9351
You're actually only 3 years older than me, I look like a 7th grader but I'm actually about to turn 17.

Wait, really?

Oh... Uh... Sorry.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#27506 Posted: 12:41:59 23/04/2017
careful, everyone. Disney had announced they were expanding DI 3 before they suddenly pulled the plug with, at least, two years of upcoming products planned. even Skylanders could end up the same way, though very unlikely, because there's a lot of untapped potential ideas for future Skylanders games

Well that was a bit different. The entire studio got shut down abruptly by Sisney. Most likely 95% of the employees working on DI had no clue anything was going to happen. At this point I would say this:

Worst Case Senerio: We only get 1 more adventure pack after LIM per Buisness Insider

Probabal Senerio: Imaginators receives a large content update in October with a few new figures and levels (Supported by the officials Skylanders twitter's tweet after the press event back in February)

I agree with your points
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#27507 Posted: 13:08:49 23/04/2017

I agree with your points

worst case i would be a little bit disappointed but its batter then nothing. Probabal Senerio i can live with that and the best senerio i would accept with open arms.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#27508 Posted: 13:21:24 23/04/2017
I know this is no official confirmation, but I still feel like this article has passed rather quietly:

http://www.itechpost.com/artic...w-game-year.htm

It is the first hit at a new entry in 2018, after all.

As of now, without thinking too much about possible Classic Spyro remakes, I expect the following from Skylanders:
- release of Lost Imaginite Mines, the remaining Senseis and a bunch of new Creation Crystals;
- one or two new Adventure Packs by the end of the year, and maybe a couple new Senseis as well (most likely villains);
- a seventh game by the end of next year, probably developed by TfB.

All of this simply because I'm still convinced there wasn't any drama going on behind the scenes, and this was simply Imaginators' planning all along, because of V.V. being occupied with other games.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#27509 Posted: 13:27:07 23/04/2017
Quote: Drek95
I know this is no official confirmation, but I still feel like this article has passed rather quietly:

As of now, without thinking too much about possible Classic Spyro remakes, I expect the following from Skylanders:
- release of Lost Imaginite Mines, the remaining Senseis and a bunch of new Creation Crystals;
- one or two new Adventure Packs by the end of the year, and maybe a couple new Senseis as well (most likely villains);

All of this simply because I'm still convinced there wasn't any drama going on behind the scenes, and this was simply Imaginators' planning all along, because of V.V. being occupied with other games.

This was most likely planned all along while VV was developing SSC they were developing Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy, and look at the outcome of SSC after the amazing story it barely had any replayability and I'm sure Acti wants to avoid that situation again of having a rushed game underperform
#27510 Posted: 13:49:22 23/04/2017

This was most likely planned all along while VV was developing SSC they were developing Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy, and look at the outcome of SSC after the amazing story it barely had any replayability and I'm sure Acti wants to avoid that situation again of having a rushed game underperform

Exactly, and maybe (but I frankly don't think so) TfB is working on Spyro remakes, and that's why Skylanders 7 had to be postponed.

Darn, I'm thinking about the remakes again. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#27511 Posted: 13:56:58 23/04/2017

Exactly, and maybe (but I frankly don't think so) TfB is working on Spyro remakes, and that's why Skylanders 7 had to be postponed.

Darn, I'm thinking about the remakes again. smilie

I'm hoping sky 7 will be amazing! 2018 is gonna be great! And for 2017 we got year 2
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#27512 Posted: 15:18:52 23/04/2017
I hope that you're all right. I got into Infinity, playing it during Skylanders' dry periods when it took a long time between items being released. plus I got the infinity 2.0 Marvel collector's edition for a steal at Game Stop a while back. normally USD $180, which included all 6 Avengers, 2 game discs, the Game and battery-powered display stand of a frost giant. I would've not bought it if one of the managers, one I know, convinced me. it was on sale for both PS systems for.......USD $60.
Not to mention that the same day I bought that, TRU had a sale for all DI figures for USD $11. Not too shabby.
but I'm a 47 year old Skylander fan and I love the games, despite their highs and lows, because you don't have to tstudy a massive strategy guide to get the feel of the oGame and it's great to play when you're just getting up from sleeping.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:24:10 23/04/2017 by Insane01
#27513 Posted: 19:03:10 23/04/2017
So who's ready for COD WW2? Reason why I'm asking this late is because no one has talked about it yet
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#27514 Posted: 19:10:40 23/04/2017
Nobody has talked about it because this is the Skylanders general discussion topic.
---
Dead
#27515 Posted: 19:15:09 23/04/2017
Quote: mega spyro
Nobody has talked about it because this is the Skylanders general discussion topic.

Ok no need to just come at me like that. I just want to know what others think of it
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#27516 Posted: 19:29:06 23/04/2017
Video Gaming exists. There's even a thread about it, no need to turn this into general general discussion.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#27517 Posted: 19:31:21 23/04/2017
Threads are supposed to stay on topic for a reason. People click on certain threads because they expect discussion of a certain topic, not something completely unrelated.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#27518 Posted: 19:58:22 23/04/2017
Ok guys relax I didn't know we had that thread jeez
#27519 Posted: 22:19:37 23/04/2017
ok.....
so when do you think Blaster-Tron and Tidepool will hit North America ?
---
"
#27520 Posted: 22:24:13 23/04/2017
ok.....
so when do you think Blaster-Tron and Tidepool will hit North America ?

Defiantly May. Oh and remember that site that leaked LIM's existence? We should be seeing hopefully pics of that on the 28th from whatever country that site is from
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#27521 Posted: 22:27:26 23/04/2017
Final waves are always well in May mybe that's when blasty. Tron will arrive
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Hologramme Green Sparx Gems: 463
#27522 Posted: 23:34:06 23/04/2017
If the planified date is right for France I will have the new figures next saturday.
#27523 Posted: 00:23:47 24/04/2017
1. What your doing is a very late response.
2. Yes I have been around for the past years I've been a fan since the beginning
3. Yes I know the last waves are a ***** to get that's why I get everything when they come out
4. It's not snippets of evidence it's just that the majority believe it as that way while others believe otherwise
5. Let's not start an arguement

If you don't want an argument, maybe try to avoid nitpicking stupid stuff like how quickly I get back to you. I don't stalk the forums with baited breath hoping to see if SkyFan91 acknowledged me by responding to my post. I scroll back through the posts and if I see something worth responding I do that. In this case it had been all of three days. Is the six hours or so this post took within your margin of acceptable?

If you know the last wave are a pain to get, then have you not noticed they aren't hard to get this time? Like maybe because they aren't selling? That doesn't bode well for future releases, particularly from a company known to bury franchises with plastic accessories that aren't selling.

It IS snippets of evidence. Almost all of this is based on that business plan, TfB maybe hiring some people to do something, and wishful thinking. And since when does what "the majority" of fans believe matter compared with reality? You could float something that is complete BS, with zero evidence and just make it sound good and half the younger (and some older) crowd here would take it as fact.

I love Skylanders, but Imaginators sales cratered. Imaginators Switch cratered despite being a launch day title for a new Nintendo console with limited Day 1 games. And everything I've seen indicates their attempt at adding new content in CTT isn't selling hot either. But sure, Activision is going to release new content over a year after the release of a game that sold poorly. Go right on believing.
#27524 Posted: 00:37:09 24/04/2017
Quote: Hologramme
If the planified date is right for France I will have the new figures next saturday.

That sounds great! Will you be posting pics or gameplay?
MA-Josh Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#27525 Posted: 00:37:43 24/04/2017
inb4 Toys for Bob have been assigned to Off-year CoD Duty
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Josh from Mon Amiibo
#27526 Posted: 01:15:03 24/04/2017
Quote: MA-Josh

Your kidding right? Lol
MA-Josh Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#27527 Posted: 01:21:48 24/04/2017

Your kidding right? Lol

Oh yeah, I have no idea what they're actually working on. Hopefully not that!
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Josh from Mon Amiibo
#27528 Posted: 01:34:25 24/04/2017

Your kidding right? Lol

Oh yeah, I have no idea what they're actually working on. Hopefully not that!

Defiantly not that!
#27529 Posted: 01:48:48 24/04/2017
Quote: Flame58
Quote: Flame58
I doubt they are working on Sky 7, I think it is a new series.

Highly doubt that. Considering with what we know so far, they're working on a new Skylanders game.

Um hum we'll see about that. Let's all get hyped and excited for a new Skylanders entry based on no hard evidence that this is what we are gonna get, surely this won't hurt when the game gets announced and it has nothing to do with Skylanders.

Eh still doubt it TFB's games in the past that weren't Skylanders were kinda eh. Skylanders is like their main thing
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#27530 Posted: 02:25:51 24/04/2017
here's my predictions-

gill grunt DLC for COD WWII
Hologramme Green Sparx Gems: 463
#27531 Posted: 02:51:43 24/04/2017

Yes, I will post pictures if nobody do it before me. For gameplay, I'm sorry but I haven't the material for.
#27532 Posted: 03:10:47 24/04/2017

Yes, I will post pictures if nobody do it before me. For gameplay, I'm sorry but I haven't the material for.

it's alright- pictures are more than enough.

be sure to take pictures of tidepool from all angles. smilie
#27533 Posted: 03:29:45 24/04/2017

Pics are enough for me! As long as we see LIM I'm happy lol
danyq94 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#27534 Posted: 10:19:01 24/04/2017
And if Toys for Bob was doing the remake of the Spyro trilogy?
---
I love Crash & Spyro! Visit my italian site:
http://crashzone.forumcommunity.net
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#27535 Posted: 10:35:14 24/04/2017
I'm going to say about the job listings, given it doesn't seem anyone else has taken a look at them...

The Art Director one doesn't have anything that particularly relates to any game/genre in particular, so we can ignore that, but the other three they've got (Senior Network, Exec Producer, Software Engineer) are somewhat linked...

First up, I wanna mention this line "creating the next generation in our history of award-winning, best-selling games"... Maybe worth noting it says "our history" and not "our series", so it doesn't necessarily mean that they're hiring for another Skylanders (but, also, doesn't necessarily mean they aren't).

Next up, two of these three listings mention, specifically, the Unreal Engine. I believe Skylanders uses a couple engines, including their Alchemy engine, Havok (couple others but, at least, not Unreal), so seems interesting they'd switch it over to another engine (also means these listings are not related to being DLC for currently released Skylanders games).

Another thing? The network mention, also in two of the three listings. For example, "This individual will be responsible for the planning and implementation of networking systems within an Unreal Engine 4 environment." and "The Executive Producer should have extensive experience with console and PC game development processes for products which are online multiplayer and run GAAS.". GAAS in this context is, I believe, "Gaming as a Service" (which is essentially cloud-based gaming)... So, again, unless they're doing a radical shift in how Skylanders works, I wouldn't immediately take these listings as being confirmation of another game.
#27536 Posted: 11:14:58 24/04/2017
Quote: bisylizzie
I'm going to say about the job listings, given it doesn't seem anyone else has taken a look at them...

The Art Director one doesn't have anything that particularly relates to any game/genre in particular, so we can ignore that, but the other three they've got (Senior Network, Exec Producer, Software Engineer) are somewhat linked...

First up, I wanna mention this line "creating the next generation in our history of award-winning, best-selling games"... Maybe worth noting it says "our history" and not "our series", so it doesn't necessarily mean that they're hiring for another Skylanders (but, also, doesn't necessarily mean they aren't).

Next up, two of these three listings mention, specifically, the Unreal Engine. I believe Skylanders uses a couple engines, including their Alchemy engine, Havok (couple others but, at least, not Unreal), so seems interesting they'd switch it over to another engine (also means these listings are not related to being DLC for currently released Skylanders games).

Another thing? The network mention, also in two of the three listings. For example, "This individual will be responsible for the planning and implementation of networking systems within an Unreal Engine 4 environment." and "The Executive Producer should have extensive experience with console and PC game development processes for products which are online multiplayer and run GAAS.". GAAS in this context is, I believe, "Gaming as a Service" (which is essentially cloud-based gaming)... So, again, unless they're doing a radical shift in how Skylanders works, I wouldn't immediately take these listings as being confirmation of another game.

I can see what your trying to say and understand most of your point. But before the Skylanders franchise, TFB never had best selling games to begin with. In fact before Skylanders, TFB was a company that barely anyone knew. And I don't think their old games like Madagaskar is best selling so honestly when they say best selling and award winning its most likely Skylanders they're reffering to.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:17:13 24/04/2017 by SkyFan91
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#27537 Posted: 11:45:05 24/04/2017

I can see what your trying to say and understand most of your point. But before the Skylanders franchise, TFB never had best selling games to begin with. In fact before Skylanders, TFB was a company that barely anyone knew. And I don't think their old games like Madagaskar is best selling so honestly when they say best selling and award winning its most likely Skylanders they're reffering to.

Again, it says "our history" and not "our series", so could be a whole new franchise that they're hoping will become a hit. Also, the listings come from Activision's careers pages, so could also refer to Acti as a whole...
#27538 Posted: 12:08:38 24/04/2017

Again, it says "our history" and not "our series", so could be a whole new franchise that they're hoping will become a hit. Also, the listings come from Activision's careers pages, so could also refer to Acti as a whole...

Ah so that's where it came from. I thought it came from the TFB website
#27539 Posted: 13:17:31 24/04/2017
It does come from TfB, which is under Activision.

http://activision.referrals.selectminds.com/toysforbob

Some jobs are specifically for the studio, though, so there might be something I'm not catching.

Also, while they have been quite famous for their Star Control series, I think nothing can be compared to the success Skylanders brought them and the innovation that fanchise brought to the industry.
So, while they might not be hiring solely for the next entry, I personally assume that's part of their future work.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#27540 Posted: 14:11:40 24/04/2017

Not to mentions companies like to lump ALL of their output in with their most successful/award winning out. It doesn't say all of them are winners. It is corporate-speak for insinuating they have an extensive history of best selling products, when in fact nothing in the statement belies the fact that only part of them qualify. When you are dealing with things from the corporate standpoint you have to read between the lines - these things are done for marketing. And in a job listing, it is done to give the impression that if you join them you will be assigned to a top end game, which is good for attracting talent - even if they actually are going to get put on something else. They aren't going to outright say "join our team to work on licensed shovelware".
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#27541 Posted: 16:51:18 24/04/2017
Eh still doubt it TFB's games in the past that weren't Skylanders were kinda eh. Skylanders is like their main thing

I'm going to cut all the hate-filled and profanity-laden things going through my head in response to this into a single neutral comment: You are young.

(The Star Control games and The Unholy War were all friggin' amazing.)
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#27542 Posted: 16:59:07 24/04/2017
I'd say Star Control and Skylanders together qualify as a history of award winning, best selling games. My understanding is that Star Control was fairly huge with the PC community back in the day.

Also I feel like The Unholy War deserves a shout out. It may not have been best-selling but it was pretty dang cool. Almost like a proto-Skylanders based around PvP (which makes it a little ironic that they eventually ditched PvP in Skylanders).

Edit: McMurderpaws said almost the same thing as me just as I was posting. Weird coincidence.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:02:05 24/04/2017 by Muffin Man
#27543 Posted: 17:01:40 24/04/2017
Quote: McMurderpaws

I'm going to cut all the hate-filled and profanity-laden things going through my head in response to this into a single neutral comment: You are young.

(The Star Control games and The Unholy War were all friggin' amazing.)

Well I'm only 16 smilie
#27544 Posted: 17:29:15 24/04/2017
I'm with you, SkyFan, when it comes to new Skylanders. for Imaginators, I've only ordered 2 items online: regular Chompy Mage ($70) and CTT ($60 because I didn't know when they would come out in the U.S. at the time I ordered it and how many there would be in the stores. so far, TRU had the most CTT in stores with 6). the last wave (2 figures, 1 new Adventure pack and 6 remaining crystals) I'll be keeping an eye out for them
---
"
#27545 Posted: 23:51:55 24/04/2017
So it's almost May. I'm getting anxious for LIM I really want to see it
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#27546 Posted: 00:13:27 25/04/2017

Eh, what?

Also Who started this year 2 rumor?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#27547 Posted: 00:13:59 25/04/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

Eh, what?

Also Who started this year 2 rumor?

LIM ya know Lost Imaginite Mines
#27548 Posted: 00:40:38 25/04/2017
oh yeah, LIM
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#27549 Posted: 11:41:33 25/04/2017
I just bought these from Ebay UK. They should be here in 7 to 10 days so stoked!

Quote: dark52
Here are the packshots for Tidepool and Blaster-Tron that I just found:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#27550 Posted: 12:57:57 25/04/2017
...must get Blastertron...

I need some Skylanders news...maybe despite my "not caring" if they skip a year...I do...and this is the part of the movie where I chase them down through the airport terminal to tell them not to leave for Europe.
-Unreall
First | Previous | Page 551 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 549 550 551 552 553 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me