darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 497 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 495 496 497 498 499 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#24801 Posted: 12:39:16 05/12/2016
AHH THIS TENSION IS KILLING ME! I DON'T WANT SKYLANDERS TO DIE!!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#24802 Posted: 12:49:08 05/12/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
AHH THIS TENSION IS KILLING ME! I DON'T WANT SKYLANDERS TO DIE!!

me too, but i belive there is still hope.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#24803 Posted: 12:54:50 05/12/2016
Yeah, going after Liam for this is stupid. Source taking things out of proportion is possible, but the youtuber isn't to blame for just spreading the word.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#24804 Posted: 14:05:49 05/12/2016
The fact that he refuses to cite his sources though or even just mention where he got the information makes him a lot less credible in my eyes.

Especially with that cow pies comment.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#24805 Posted: 14:20:42 05/12/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Yeah, going after Liam for this is stupid. Source taking things out of proportion is possible, but the youtuber isn't to blame for just spreading the word.

Not to mention this is all pretty ridiculous. Making a statement like he did is perilous - for him, no one else. If he is right, he gains credibility, if he is wrong on this, people will view him as nothing more than a baseless rumor monger.

The reality is whether their is a game next year should not affect your purchasing decisions this year. If you like the game and the figures, get them. You should not be buying figures thinking about future games that may or may not exist. If there is a Skylanders 7, expect Imaginators to be given some kind of minor functionality (you almost certainly won't be able to play as them in the main game unless they extend the idea), and Senseis/Villains will be minimized/nerfed (based on history). They want you to buy the new figures, their business model is such that you can play as old figures, but you don't want to extensively.

Focus on the current, if you like the game then enjoy it. Don't worry about next year, or the next.

If it is just speculation for conversation sake, I personally think we all got a big clue from the past year. Did everyone think getting figure B1G2 or B1G3 last Spring, lack of large scale release for the last Wave and the significantly downsized store displays meant the franchise was not struggling? TTL games in general have taken a huge hit, and those games require a major investment to bring to market - pressing discs is one thing, but manufacturing toys requires a TON of storage space and distribution costs. The bar for continuing a franchise is much higher than a normal game. Chances are, this guy is right (either by actual sources, or by making an educated guess) - but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy Imaginators and the other games to the fullest.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:22:15 05/12/2016 by defpally
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#24806 Posted: 14:21:24 05/12/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
The fact that he refuses to cite his sources though or even just mention where he got the information makes him a lot less credible in my eyes.

I'm sorry, but... do you not know what an "anonymous source" is? I mean, really... He's not just some average joe. He is an investigative journalist who has INSIDERS IN THE FREAKING INDUSTRY! Stop being stupid.
#24807 Posted: 14:37:01 05/12/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

I'm sorry, but... do you not know what an "anonymous source" is? I mean, really... He's not just some average joe. He is an investigative journalist who has INSIDERS IN THE FREAKING INDUSTRY! Stop being stupid.

"Anonymous source", huh? Is that another way of saying "making stuff up"?

Either back up your claims or don't make them at all. Especially if you're making a claim as big as an entire series being cancelled.

And just to bring this up: He also said Academy didn't do so well, but then we got Eric saying that Netflix approved of the show's rating. So even with his insiders in the FREAKING INDUSTRY, he's not 100% right on everything.
---
Check this out! Please?
#24808 Posted: 14:37:03 05/12/2016

lets just all agree taht we need to wait till we will get some real answoers alright?
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:38:12 05/12/2016 by omer1698
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#24809 Posted: 14:57:47 05/12/2016
Just picked up Chain Reaction and JBCM at Toys R Us. Now I just gotta wait for Christmas for the rest...

Also, has there been any word on Mystical Tae Kwon Crow? It seems reasonable that he'd be out before wave 4 at this point. They usually have one or two characters releasing in January post-wave 3 so my guess is that he'll appear soon.
#24810 Posted: 15:14:59 05/12/2016
The industry source has to stay anonymous if he wants to keep the job. This is a leak, no fabrication for hype. In fact, this would kill the sales if they went public, so Acti could sue pretty hard(can they? Not too sure).
---
#24811 Posted: 15:15:43 05/12/2016

"Anonymous source", huh? Is that another way of saying "making stuff up"?

Either back up your claims or don't make them at all. Especially if you're making a claim as big as an entire series being cancelled.

And just to bring this up: He also said Academy didn't do so well, but then we got Eric saying that Netflix approved of the show's rating. So even with his insiders in the FREAKING INDUSTRY, he's not 100% right on everything.

No, an anonymous source is just that - typically an insider who gave them information, but cannot be referenced because of contractual or employment fears. It is not uncommon at all. Companies would love to keep everything locked down until they are good and ready to announce it, but sometimes (most times) you don't get the full story from press releases. The last thing they want in the holidays is for it to be documented officially the franchise is on its way out, that would affect sales. But employees are human, and they love to talk - particularly if they are in disagreement with corporate decisions.

You will get your "backing it up" in due time (or dispelling). You are basically demanding him offer up his source's job so you can feel better. Sorry, no.

And Netflix's opinion on a successful show is a great deal different from Activision Blizzard's. Netflix just needs enough people to pay their $10 a month fee and watch it to justify their cost and some profit (they didn't fund the whole thing). Activision Blizzard needs enough viewers to drive sales of their franchise. Netflix just wants a moderately successful kid's show. Activision Blizzard wants a wildly successful franchise.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#24812 Posted: 15:29:44 05/12/2016
Like I said before I'm quite skeptical about Robertson video. He has been wrong many times before, and all of those times, were supposedly back up with "sources".

Sales figures are the real deal, if we are thinking about the franchise being cancelled let's not based our arguments on that video but rather on the underwhleming sales figures which have occured so far and the ones for SC.

In this context, I won't give too much credit to anything stated at this point, imo such a huge decision won't be taken entirely until they know for sure how the game has performed, and that fact won't be clear until the post christmas period.

IMO if the franchise gets cancelled it will never return, not even after 2-3 year break, so will the netflix show. Like defpally pointed out we cannot measure skylanders by the same parameters as other games, as it requires a huge investment in comparison, which turns its return far riskier than a normal one. I have this feeling that once it ends, it ends.

Personally I hate the idea of Skylanders ending, I love this franchise too much despite its imperfections, but I won't join the apocalypse party until I have some post christmas sales figures in my hand.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#24813 Posted: 15:31:27 05/12/2016
I'm with Adam, if he can't back up his sources, or at least give more proof than sales, then there is no reason to believe him. Video game sales are like that, anyways, they get a short burst of sales during release week and the sales just drop, then they pick up during BF and Christmas.

I get he can't say his sources, but for all we know, he doesn't have sources.
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
#24814 Posted: 15:40:48 05/12/2016
I feel like the possible decision of cancelling the series, if true, was done prematurely. Cancelling the next game before BF and Christmas with out knowing how well the game could sell around those times seems dumb. For all they know Imaginators could sell INCREDIBLY. cancelling the game should be after this time period.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#24815 Posted: 15:48:44 05/12/2016
according from some of the posts i read here the sells were decent on black friday. unless i'm worng.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#24816 Posted: 16:09:20 05/12/2016
Quote: TrapGiant
I'm with Adam, if he can't back up his sources, or at least give more proof than sales, then there is no reason to believe him. Video game sales are like that, anyways, they get a short burst of sales during release week and the sales just drop, then they pick up during BF and Christmas.

I get he can't say his sources, but for all we know, he doesn't have sources.

Right. And you are 100% correct in recognizing that this guy said a thing, but it's not official. The only thing we can do is wait (and continue to support the franchise ourselves). If it happens, bummer; if not, then you can laugh in the dude's face then.

He said CROW pie, genius. It's a combination of two metaphors of one understanding their fault and humility: "eating crow" and "humble pie."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:12:37 05/12/2016 by McMurderpaws
#24817 Posted: 16:19:12 05/12/2016
I apologize for being rude earlier, but I'm still skeptical. I understand now that he probably can't cite his sources, but I still don't think we should just believe everything he says either. After all, there are many people with "reliable sources" that turn out to be wrong in the end.

Quote: McMurderpaws

He said CROW pie, genius. It's a combination of two metaphors of one understanding their fault and humility: "eating crow" and "humble pie."

So I misread it. Sue me.
---
Check this out! Please?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:20:06 05/12/2016 by AdamGregory03
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#24818 Posted: 20:48:18 05/12/2016
To chance the subject a bit - I remember a while ago someone made a Robbie Rotten Imaginator. I think it was TrapShadowFan. Can whoever made it post it? I'm trying to make him and I need help.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
SpcePirateMnky Emerald Sparx Gems: 3021
#24819 Posted: 21:17:43 05/12/2016
Well, that conversation is enough for me to believe this guy's full of bologna. Ridiculous claims, not showing evidence, "I have my own sources", arrogant. Why does that sound familiar?
#24820 Posted: 21:20:14 05/12/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257
To chance the subject a bit - I remember a while ago someone made a Robbie Rotten Imaginator. I think it was TrapShadowFan. Can whoever made it post it? I'm trying to make him and I need help.

"NOW LOOK AT THIS PICTURE, THAT I JUST FOUND..."

I've since revised him to be a Smasher with a lollipop, but the trumpet bazooka works well too.

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:20:59 05/12/2016 by TrapShadowFan
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#24821 Posted: 23:05:38 05/12/2016
*sees more notifications than usual* *gets excited for new information* *finds that it's just more whining about Skylanders possibly yet very unlikely ending*

smilie STOP. IT. Whining about Skylanders isn't going to solve anything. We've been spoiled with Skylanders content for six fricking years, and one YouTuber making one speculation makes you lose all hope in the series? This is why it's possibly ending, because we have fans like this who over-stress on the well-being of Activision's assets and not enough on actually enjoying the game.

*grunts* Sorry. This whole conversation is just extremely irrelevant and incompetent.
#24822 Posted: 23:17:04 05/12/2016
shhh I'm beating MA-Josh to his own article

www.monamiibo.com/skylanders-i...australia-dec8/

Seems like Pain-Yatta's coming first to Australia.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:17:43 05/12/2016 by Bifrost
MA-Josh Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#24823 Posted: 23:50:35 05/12/2016
shhh I'm beating MA-Josh to his own article

www.monamiibo.com/skylanders-i...australia-dec8/

Seems like Pain-Yatta's coming first to Australia.

Haha, didn't want to plug myself when images of the catalogue were floating around in other threads. Thanks for sharing!
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Josh from Mon Amiibo
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#24824 Posted: 23:57:18 05/12/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan
Quote: Chompy-King257

"NOW LOOK AT THIS PICTURE, THAT I JUST FOUND..."

I've since revised him to be a Smasher with a lollipop, but the trumpet bazooka works well too.

[User Posted Image]

THAAAAANK YOUUU
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#24825 Posted: 02:47:02 06/12/2016
Was at my TRU (Fullerton, CA) and they have plenty of:

Chain Reaction
Pit Boss
Flare Wolf
Bad Juju
Buckshot
Enchanted Elven Forest
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#24826 Posted: 10:36:54 06/12/2016
I'm worried that if Skylanders is cancelled, wave 4 and 5 will get little to no distribution, and it will cost a fortune to compete this collection online.
---
Any last wishes?
#24827 Posted: 10:46:08 06/12/2016
Even with the franchise that's the norm for Wave 5. Having it a third year in a row knowing stores won't care will just be foolish.
---
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#24828 Posted: 14:55:26 06/12/2016
To me, this year has been really great, due to Europe getting the waves at roughly the same time as NA. Really nice change from seeing a majority of people getting the figures, while we have to wait until those figures are no longer relevant to discuss.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#24829 Posted: 20:10:30 06/12/2016
Glad to hear it, Nightmoon. Just hope we get the Pain-Yatta combo pack or North America
is going to wait until the single pack figure is released
So the count for remaining Sensei (not counting variants) to be released in retail is 6-7:
Chompy Mage (for those who didn't do the Amazon Villain Pack), Grave Clobber, Pain-Yatta, Blaster-Tron, Ro-Bow, Tidepool and Wild Storm. I'm guessing that might be waves 4 and/or 5. They might release these as the last wave or they might split the deck, releasing some for W4 and the rest for W5, plus restock on previous waves.
Who knows? Only Activision, and I'm sure we might have another "Thrillipede Incident" this year like we did with said character last year.
I hope not, because it shows bad business on their part.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#24830 Posted: 20:20:47 06/12/2016
Grave Clobber will almost definitely be the unreleased one; he looks like he was practically made in case they had to pull a Thrillipede for some reason. Unfitting element, exact same class and element as King Pen... he definitely looks like a failsafe to me.
#24831 Posted: 20:26:03 06/12/2016
Grave Clobber will almost definitely be the unreleased one; he looks like he was practically made in case they had to pull a Thrillipede for some reason. Unfitting element, exact same class and element as King Pen... he definitely looks like a failsafe to me.

SHHHH NOOOOOO!

IT WILL HOPEFULLY NOT BE HIM! He's the one I'm most hyped about.
---
L Cynder Platinum Sparx Gems: 5744
#24832 Posted: 20:45:16 06/12/2016
Why is everyone still panicing about Skylanders being cancelled? We haven't recieved any other news related to this so far and so far, the waves are being released as normal. smilie
---
favs smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#24833 Posted: 20:49:46 06/12/2016
What the heck, you can freaking explode Jujunior in Juju's Soul Gem.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:50:14 06/12/2016 by Crash10
#24834 Posted: 20:49:57 06/12/2016

Yeah but they probably don't *expect* a thrillipede, the only truly expendable figures are reposes and trap/crystal molds. You're wasting money if you create a Skylander that won't sell, especially when they plan waves waaay ahead of time.
---
MA-Josh Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#24835 Posted: 20:54:32 06/12/2016
Quote: Crash10

Does that make JuJunior a... Baby Boomer?
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Josh from Mon Amiibo
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#24836 Posted: 20:56:17 06/12/2016
Quote: MA-Josh
Quote: Crash10

Does that make JuJunior a... Baby Boomer?

More like a baby bomber.

#Offensive
---
Bruh
#24837 Posted: 21:00:05 06/12/2016
Bad Juju blows up her own son into smithereens

10/10 mom of the year
Couragefan09 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3392
#24838 Posted: 21:27:30 06/12/2016
Is Jingle Bell Chompy Mage available anywhere online yet? I've had no luck finding him around here but the stores around here barely keep Skylanders stocked at all anymore so I wasn't really expecting to find one.
#24839 Posted: 21:27:43 06/12/2016
To be fair he's a ghost, and apparently he DOES eat lightning. Maybe ghosts just shed their unearthly forms to grow and we're just speeding that up?
---
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#24840 Posted: 00:20:00 07/12/2016

Yeah but they probably don't *expect* a thrillipede, the only truly expendable figures are reposes and trap/crystal molds. You're wasting money if you create a Skylander that won't sell, especially when they plan waves waaay ahead of time.

I expect the final 5 to be released in good amounts. None of them have variants, so they can't really give us the variant first like they did with Thrillipede. That's my theory at least. As for the crystal molds, verdict is out on that, but I wouldn't be surprised if we had to pay a large sum of money to get them like the Yawn traps.
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#24841 Posted: 01:13:28 07/12/2016
Why do people think one of the final 5 will be limited and rare? I feel smilie will be the rare one. He is a exlusive to begin with. He also has next to no listings that aren't a re sell by another person who bought the bundle. Also, look what happened to the crystal 8 pack. Same thing could happen to smilie

Also, maybe we won't get a rare limited release character.
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#24842 Posted: 04:05:41 07/12/2016
People are just scared it'll happen because it has happened with the last 2 games. The Yawn traps and regular Thrillipede.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#24843 Posted: 05:32:22 07/12/2016
Were they the same situation though? Was it just the figures were never released or only a few people got a hold of them? I thought the Thrillipede situation was different from the Yawns but then again I never really paid attention since Thrillipede and the Yawn Traps were two things I wasnt concerned about. But can someone explain the difference if any?
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#24844 Posted: 06:19:44 07/12/2016
Quote: isaac343018s
Were they the same situation though? Was it just the figures were never released or only a few people got a hold of them? I thought the Thrillipede situation was different from the Yawns but then again I never really paid attention since Thrillipede and the Yawn Traps were two things I wasnt concerned about. But can someone explain the difference if any?

Thrillipede was actually distributed in the US, though the only way to get him was if you preordered him on TRUs website, and he never saw a release outside of that (but apparently now people are finding him in a couple stores????) but with yawn traps, the only release they got anywhere in the world was in Australia.
---
Dead
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#24845 Posted: 10:24:33 07/12/2016
Has anyone found the dark triple pack at Gamestop? Can someone please post the sku number?
---
Any last wishes?
#24846 Posted: 13:11:51 07/12/2016
Quote: Drawdler
^ I thought they came out in just a couple of European countries/areas? They're definitely the rarest standard figure anyway. I really hope that Dark trap from the Triple/8-pack comes out in a single pack by the way.

No, he is right - Thrillipede was available (as was Buzz Wing) for pre-order from the US TRU website (lasted a couple days). It was definitely the US version, the one I (and others) got had the US style peg hook. When the figure started shipping (right around mid-May), he was also available to order for about a day. Buzz Wing did hit some TRU stores, and is now hitting some more again. Some people have mentioned seeing regular Thrillipede in TRU over the past couple weeks, but is just a rumor so far - no image confirmation.

A lot of people missed out on him, it was talked about pretty prominently on here but many wanted to wait for a store release (which never happened). There was even a B1G1 40% off going on when it came up for pre-order.
#24847 Posted: 13:24:41 07/12/2016
I have been to TRU twice over the past two weeks and I can confirm Buzz Wing is hitting shelves.

Also people are saying GC will be the unreleased sensei, but I highly doubt it'll be any one, probably just a crystal. If GC was unreleased, it'd be a waste of development time and money put into the character and the first time we never got true access to a Skylander.
---
#24848 Posted: 13:34:59 07/12/2016
Pretty much what I've been saying. As others said too, there's no variant for any figure that's not already out - and the leftover ones are more likely since they're Easter stuff. But best case scenario, aside from proper release, is a crystal mold, or Mystical Tae Kwon Crow(biggest gap between main figure and variant iirc?), everything else there's guaranteed interest.
---
BatWolf Blue Sparx Gems: 517
#24849 Posted: 13:39:56 07/12/2016
guys i cant see any of wave 3 on any of the skylander online shops and they arent in my local gamestop, where could i get them?
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BatWolfGaming
~DEFENDER OF TRI-TIP!~ One does not simply zoo tycoon machinima
First | Previous | Page 497 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 495 496 497 498 499 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me