Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Why does everyone want consoles to die?
Page 1 of 1
Why does everyone want consoles to die? [CLOSED]
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#1 Posted: 23:30:19 12/03/2016 | Topic Creator
The amount of cynical clickbait tabloid sites and gamers on forums and videos go on as if gaming from the 1980's to now is some kind of mistake.

Praising mobile gaming despite the million billion shovelware and no quality control in the app store with abuse on microtransactions to con children to use their parents' money. DRM. Single player apparently being dead. Publishers desire an all-digital monopoly. VR being praised like it's the second coming depute being expensive. Mobile gaming being the future for gaming. Early access that isn't curated properly. The kind of open worlds Ubisoft and WB make. Innovation where it isn't called for.

All this is seen and praised self-fulfilling tech-prophets.

Nintendo still makes fun games on their weird yet wonderful consoles. Loads of Japanese games are still being desired thanks as demonstrated with Operation Rainfall. Physical discs and archiving video games. Communities running abandoned servers. Experimenting with the idea of what it means to be a video game. Games being delayed for great ideas to makes them better. Games using existing ideas and designs to them refined and solid.

Somehow all this equals the death of video games.

Maybe it's all false and I'm just losing it. I'm sorry but I just needed to vent my annoyances out somewhere.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#2 Posted: 23:33:55 12/03/2016
pc master race
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#3 Posted: 23:45:01 12/03/2016
Because let's face it.

The PC is in almost every single way better than the console.

The ONLY restrictions on the PC have all been made by consoles, and the false advertising these have received.

now away peasant
go play on your frame dropping 720p ps4 games
#4 Posted: 23:51:34 12/03/2016 | Topic Creator
Don't worry. Steam Greenlight games are full of lies and bull****. Assholes spamming crap on Steam and Gabe Newell is a total incompetent for letting it all happen. Plus look at Ubisoft and Warner Brothers.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#5 Posted: 00:02:56 13/03/2016
The best game to ever get through Greenlight is Uncrowded.
---
BREATHE AIR.
#6 Posted: 00:26:45 13/03/2016
Quote: StevemacQ
Don't worry. Steam Greenlight games are full of lies and bull****. Assholes spamming crap on Steam and Gabe Newell is a total incompetent for letting it all happen. Plus look at Ubisoft and Warner Brothers.

Of course, keep in mind there are many independent developers out there. There's always bound to be **** games, with broken promises and lies worse than Donald Trump. But that's on mostly every platform, really. Just look at Bear Simulator on PC and Solbrain whatever it's called on PS4.
And yeah, **** Ubisoft. They don't know how to make games for anything.

Still, when compared to the "Next Gen" consoles, the PC is much more powerful and much reasonably priced. You could make the argument that good gaming PCs are generally 1000 or so bucks when consoles are about 400, but keep in mind that you can always make a PC that's more powerful than the PS4 for a lot less money than that, and it would still run most popular games without a hitch.
Plus, a console's games are generally waaay expensive, being around 60 bucks just one of them, when on PC you will likely never pay such a price for a game thanks to the Steam sales that are always out there. I, for one, have about 20 titles and I've never paid more than 8 bucks for one, with the exception of Deadpool which was 17.

I'd like to give a clear example:
You can get Sonic Generations for the Xbox. It costs around 30 bucks and you play at 720p at 30fps. Or you can get it on sale on Steam for 5 bucks like I did, and play at sexy 1080 or 4k even at 60fps. Plus, I heard there are framedrops on the Xbox version, which don't occur on PC.
Obviously, the PC wins here.

Really, the only reason to get a console is EXCLUSIVES. You get an Xbox or a PS4 depending on the games, right? In a world where console exclusives weren't a thing, the PC would be a no brainer. Hell, I'd love to play Kingdom Hearts 3 when it releases, so that gives me a reason to get a PS4 even though I play on PC.

So in conclusion, it's not about the console, it's about the games. You choose your side depending on what each has to offer. But, OBJECTIVELY speaking, the PC IS better in terms of versatility and power than consoles.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:29:34 13/03/2016 by DummyZ
#7 Posted: 00:58:59 13/03/2016 | Topic Creator
I don't know. Steam sales usually mean people overspending one hundreds of cheap games and never playing them.

As for it coming done to consoles, I'm not sure. I bought MGSV for PS3 because I didn't get a PS4 yet. It was ugly but I eventually got over it and had a great time without. This only made my expectations better for the PS4 version. You're probably right. I mean PS4 has Gravity Rush Remastered now.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#8 Posted: 02:42:03 13/03/2016
I don't .___.

I prefer consoles frankly.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#9 Posted: 03:36:09 13/03/2016
Quote: StevemacQ
I don't know. Steam sales usually mean people overspending one hundreds of cheap games and never playing them.

Sometimes. I mean, I got Portal 2 for 79 cents! They told me it was good, and that was a damn steal, so why the hell not?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me