Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 14 of 17 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Village Light
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#651 Posted: 01:29:59 06/02/2017
Tyrus joined for tea, even though he hasn't drank a cup ever in his life. He still couldn't believe they were going to ignore the sword, and what was more, Thorn was even laughing at it, knowing it wanted to slay it. Nonetheless, Tyrus wanted to try to be as cool as him and Nizla, so to try to ignore the still threatening sword, the boy continued his previous conversation with Nizla.
"So... eh... Nizla, you think I won't be able to take your strictness? Well, you certainly don't know how my father was." Tyrus explained, believing that if he could live with his father's strict routine, he could take Nizla's instructions just as well.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
ShadeTheDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#652 Posted: 03:36:48 06/02/2017
Drake was surprised by the talking sword and became curious. however he didn't want to show any disrespect by passing without giving an offering.
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
first rp I've created is accepting so please do join it's called Worlds Unite! The pelage is reborn (dead space rp) open
NightBlade Platinum Sparx Gems: 6019
#653 Posted: 15:53:23 06/02/2017 | Topic Creator
"No, I certainly don't. I have an idea when it comes to... strict parents, however. I don't intend to be as strict as my own, but I do intend for there to be a solid order of things." Nizla replied to Tyrus with a slightly less harsh expression. She turned her head to watch Thorn as he pulled out a plain tea pot, and several pewter tea cups. He pulled a water skin from his pack and began to pour the water from the water skin into the tea pot. He places the teapot over the campfire and smiled broadly. He continued to search in his pack until he pulled out a bag that gave off the light smell of mint tea.
The faun walked over to the edge of the campfire's light before asking in a polite voice, "May Liveranne join you for tea?"
---
The Eater of Worlds has awoken!
"Muttering curse words under her breasts..." - Jamie
Galaxies and Stardust. More Art Than Stars.
#654 Posted: 16:01:55 06/02/2017
OOC: You're more active lately. That's great smilie

Tyrus nodded, inviting the fawn over, believing Nizla wouldn't have a problem with it. He then looked at the teapot. Whatever this tea liquid was, it smelled good, so he hoped it tasted just as good as it it smelled. As he watched the fire, he realized how sleepy he was. But he remained awake, reflecting on the day he just had. To think that just this morning, he got up from his own bed in Hamlet, having expected another boring and monotonous routinely day. If it wasn't for that announcement, he probably would've still be there in Hamlet, getting ready to sleep. That day has been the most exiting of his life, and to think that after so many years, he finally got the chance to do what he has been planning for such a long time...
---
#655 Posted: 16:28:25 06/02/2017 | Topic Creator
ooc: I've had time, so I've been posting.
--

The faun, Liveranne as she calls herself, sits down next to Tyrus with a small smile. She lets out a content sigh at being near the warm fire.
Nizla raises an eyebrow but does not comment on the faun joining them for tea. She waits patiently as Thorn prepares the mint tea. Thorn hums some folk tune as he works, his face alight with a bright smile. When he finishes he pours the tea and hands a cup to Tyrus. "Here you are. I'm afraid I do not have sugar to add, but the tea should be refreshing all the same.
---
#656 Posted: 16:38:34 06/02/2017
"Thank you." Tyrus said kindly, smelling this fascinating liquid and taking an eager sip... but it didn't tasted as great as it smelled. It wasn't a bad taste, but it was a very strange one. So that's why it needed sugar? No matter the reason, Tyrus continued drinking it, not wanting to be rude. He has even grown accustomed to Liveranne's peculiar appearance. Tyrus has seen non human creatures before in his father's shop, but never a fawn. He knew he had to get use to it though, since he was now far away from Hamlet, and ever since leaving, has seen many strange and fascinating sights. Things were going to be different from now on, so all he could do was treat all that as the most normal thing in the world, just like Thorn and Nizla has done with that talking sword earlier. But as he drank his tea in peace, he wondered what his mother was doing right now, or how his father was doing. Even though he disliked Mason's rough and sometimes cruel treatment, he was still his father, and he kinda missed him...
---
Shadow-Cipher Yellow Sparx Gems: 1229
#657 Posted: 16:44:49 06/02/2017
((OOC: I need to stop leaving, but I just get to busy, especially on weekends. Great apologies for my vanishing))

It was about a day's worth of journey for Halvard, although it certainly felt like longer as he trekked through increasingly thick forests. The trees almost seemed to be changing by themselves as he moved through the forest, and he kept constant tabs on not only the local wildlife - whenever it showed its face - but also seeking a dragon that appeared to be long vanished. It was very likely to have landed a long time ago, but perhaps searching the ground would be simpler anyways. After all, he couldn't reach the sky, but the Earth itself was another story. As he journeyed, he noted the presence of an abnormally large tree, stopping to look at it when he spotted it. It was a beautiful tree, but he felt he should not disturb it. In fact, as Halvard moved deeper into the unknown territory, he got the increased feeling he shouldn't be messing with anything. Flora, fauna, felt it should be left as is. The day passed, sun progressing through the sky as he moved, and he kept his speed steady. He wanted to make decent time, wanted to eventually find signs of what he was seeking. Technically, it's his son I need to find. The dragon is just a likely find alongside it. I'd rather not have to battle it.

~~~

Loramae tilted her head, the entrance to the cellar coming into her line of sight. She was surprised to see nothing more than a few servants moving around the back. Strange. You think he'd guard such a clear entrance a little better? It wasn't worth worrying over, though, for she felt the longer she fretted over why a possible entrance was unguarded, the most she risked someone realizing this and moving in to protect it. Best to move before someone arrived. She paused, waiting for a clear opening in the back yard activity before rushing ahead. She took long strides, minimizing the times her feet hit the ground. When she hit the wall near the cellar, she paused for another moment, listening for footsteps nearby, but finding any signs of activity receding. She then moved to open the cellar door, hoping she could quickly slip into the area and slide the door shut before anyone wandered out. Hopefully it wasn't locked. She hadn't seen a lock initially. If it turned out to be locked, lockpicking was a skill she possessed, but given the time of day and the presence of activity outdoors, she disliked the idea of being out in the light any longer than she had to be.
---
An eNeMeE approaches, dark as night, cold as space, and with a heart filled with evil. His displeasure for my joke at his expense is immeasurable.
#658 Posted: 16:54:37 06/02/2017
In Hamlet, things were quite normal... except for Mason. Predictably, he was now in the tavern drinking as he has done almost every night, only this time, he was drinking far more often than usual, spending much more money. His sign was never answered, and he received only one client that day, and it was just to polish a shield. He was bulky and big, but today, he seems like such a miserable and pathetic man. He was muttering and mumbling to himself, giving the impression that he was slowly losing his sanity. He had just lost his son and assistant, and his wife was almost always away. He couldn't feel more miserable that that...
---
#659 Posted: 02:56:27 07/02/2017
Drake reached in his pocket and found a few coins that he forgot about. offering the coins saying "i know this isn't a proper offering but these coins are all I have to offer."
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
first rp I've created is accepting so please do join it's called Worlds Unite! The pelage is reborn (dead space rp) open
#660 Posted: 03:36:43 07/02/2017 | Topic Creator
@Tyrus and Drake:
Nizla and Thorn enjoy their tea in silence. However the two of them once again make occasional eye contact with another. Without speaking they seem to be having a meaningful interaction with one another. As Nizla finishes her tea she stands and heads towards her bedroll. "I am going to rest for the evening. Goodnight." Thorn waves after her.
Liveranne turns back to Drake as she takes a sip of mint tea. "Just place your offering near the base of the Great Tree." She says.

@Halvard: (You're looking at a good bit of travel, so we'll just say you happen upon the others once they go to sleep. It shouldn't take long for them to finish the scene and rest)

@Loramae:
As Loramae tugs on the cellar door she does find that it is locked. The lock doesn't seem very complex, being that it's a simple cellar, but it is locked nonetheless. Night has already settled in, and it is fairly dark near the cellar if one does not account for the lantern near the wall.

@Mason:
The tavern is a cozy and warmly lit place. With a large hearth with a roaring fire with several old men pulled up near it to sit and smoke their pipes. The room itself is fairly large with several tables and a counter top with the barkeep. In the back there's a group of men gambling away their money over cards. The Inn is less populated than it would normally be. No doubt people are out and about looking for the dragon. But nevertheless the tavern-keep keeps a close eye on Mason as he drinks. He refills his mug, offers small talk, and keeps an eye to see if he is getting too drunk. The tavern-keep himself a round man with bushy brows and a well kept mustache. He wears an apron and cleans out a mug and his counter top and seems very intent on doing so. After a good while the tavern-keep asks, "Rough day?"
---
#661 Posted: 03:58:21 07/02/2017
Tyrus finishes up in tea and gives the cup to Thorn to put away. He watches as Drake finally has a genuine offer and was very happy that he wasn't going to get into trouble after all.
"Hey Drake. Welcome pal." Tyrus said eagerly, liking Drake ever since meeting him in Foxxe's cabin. He left him a little space between him and Nizla so that he could join their little campfire. He placed himself a little more closer to Thorn and the fire, getting ready for a long sleep and desperate to get rid of the tea's aftertaste. Before closing his eyes, he asked Thorn a question that has been nagging him ever since they landed on that spooky forest.
"Um... Thorn? I wanted to ask you... You know, since you're a dragon... do dragons... eat people, or they just... burn them up?" Tyrus asked with childlike curiosity, needing to know for future references. He apologized to Thorn for the odd and daring question, but he had to know. Dragons were rare, but considering Tyrus's luck with animals, mythical or not, he wanted to be prepared. He wasn't even looking for Thorn, yet found him nonetheless. It was almost as if he was a creature magnet.

Back at Hamlet's tavern, Mason groaned and gave a small belch before answering the tavern keeper.
"Rough day? Are you out of your cuckoos? Everybody's looking for the dragon, and I just lost my son today to it. Kidnapped by the beast, and I just sent an Orc that looks like an ogre to find him. I just hit rock bottom." Mason answered, and by his breath and voice, there was no doubt he was beyond drunk. He then got up and looked at the rest of the customers.
"CHEERS PEOPLE! FOR THE KING AND HIS INTEREST IN MYTHICAL BEASTS! AND CHEERS TO MY SON, FOR ALWAYS DOING THE STUPIDEST OF THINGS!" He yelled on top of his lungs, taking one giant sip from his mug and then collapsing right there, breaking the chair in the process.
---
#662 Posted: 15:11:21 07/02/2017
((OOC: Alright, you can let me know when his travel is about up, since I doubt a simple walk alone will be super eventful))

Locked, of course. Loramae took a moment to inspect the lock as she found no headway was being given on the cellar door. Night was beginning to fall, at least, so with any luck, it would keep her concealed long enough to get that open. She began to work at the lock with a trusty lockpick, something she kept in her pocket for cases just like these. It didn't appear to be putting up much of a battle. Such a simple lock for a cellar, it appeared. Wouldn't take long before she heard a click, a subtle indication she would be able to make her way inside.
---
An eNeMeE approaches, dark as night, cold as space, and with a heart filled with evil. His displeasure for my joke at his expense is immeasurable.
#663 Posted: 18:40:08 07/02/2017 | Topic Creator
@Tyrus and Drake:
Thorn flashes a surprised expression, stops his humming, and he fumbles with his words for a moment. After a moment he pauses and shakes his head. "I am afraid that other... more sinister dragons do in fact eat humanoid beings. Others kill for sport. I... do not agree with their choices." His expression turns grim and he stares into his tea rather than making eye contact with Tyrus. "It's not that there aren't dragons who do not harm people... It's just that there are more of them that do."

@Mason:
The tavern-keep looks quite shocked, and then mumbles under his breath. "Must of had more to drink than I thought." He turns towards the back of the tavern, towards where the rooms for rent are, and he shouts in across the noise of the other onlooking patrons. "Ombar! Mason has passed out!"
From the back of the tavern walks a tall and muscular young man who looks to be around eighteen years of age. He resembles the tavern keep in his face, but does not have the same bushy brows or mustache. He walks over to Mason and sighs. "I'll take him home." And with some effort he lifts mason to hold him by one arm over the shoulder and begins to take him out of the Tavern.

@Loramae: After a little bit of effort with trying to pick the lock it give a soft click. The door is unlocked. Inside the cellar door is a stairwell leading down into a large cellar storeroom. This room has shelves of stored goods and supplies for the estate, jars of preserves, casks of wine, that sorta thing. On the other side of the room there appears to be a door that leads to another stairway heading up into the main building. However, there are some servants in the cellars fetching various supplies.
---
#664 Posted: 18:40:38 07/02/2017
Drake does as he was told and joins them his hellhound Myla laying down next to him.
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
#665 Posted: 20:42:18 07/02/2017
Tyrus lowered his head in shame, realizing that the question has deeply upset Thorn. Even though he felt guilty, he believed the question was necessary nonetheless.
"I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. It's just that I just have such bad luck when it comes to... well, nature. I just wanted to be certain for the future." Tyrus expressed, realizing how lucky he has been that Thorn was the dragon he found and not another one. Nizla herself has already confirmed it. So the rumors in Hamlet were true after all. There were dragons that were just plain evil. Tyrus knew now it wasn't wise to assume all dragons were as good and noble as Thorn.

Back at Hamlet, Mason was out cold. He has no idea what was going on. He was such a proud, strong man, it was quite depressing to see him in this state. He was so broken, he almost looked like he was in a coma.
---
#666 Posted: 21:00:55 07/02/2017 | Topic Creator
As Thorn pours Drake a cup of mint tea he gives a strained smile. He is still obviously uncomfortable. "No, no, Tyrus. It is better to know the truth about the nature of things." He says. He does not say anything further, however Liveranne cocks her head at Tyrus. She gives him a concerned look.
"How so is your luck bad with nature?" Liveranne asks in a gentle voice.

Ombar carries Mason to his home and attempts to open the door to lie him down inside. Hamlet was a small village and most people rarely locked their doors. However he didn't know whether Mason did or not.
---
#667 Posted: 21:13:21 07/02/2017
Tyrus felt uncomfortable too when Liveranne asked the question. He has intended to lay down to sleep as soon as he was done talking with Thorn.
"Well... I'm a tracker you know, but not with animals, yet I still find them regardless... or rather, they find me. I had to learn to defend myself. I was mauled by a bear years ago without provocation." Tyrus explained, not understanding why every time he went to the woods to find stones, he always had to battle animals to defend himself. Some meant harm, others didn't, but it didn't matter what their intentions were. Tyrus simply didn't like animals.

When Mason went to the tavern, he usually left a stick to stuck on the door, but with the grief of having his son kidnapped, he forgot to do that. The door was locked thanks to a small stone, practically anyone could enter.
---
#668 Posted: 21:36:31 07/02/2017 | Topic Creator
"Taking from the wilds, " Liveranne starts with a serious look, "Without giving back can be a serious offense to the spirits of the wilds." She turns to face Tyrus fully while remaining seated and begins to draw pictures in the dirt of the forest floor. "When you take from the forest, or any other environment, you are taking from the home of the spirits of the wilds. Naturally, the spirits of the wild become angry." She says as she draws a diagram of things being removed from an area. She then begins to draw items being put back. "How ever, if you give back to the spirits they will think of it as trading. That is how most druids earn the favor of the lands. And how many wise rangers remain in the favor of the spirits. Caedalyn herself is no different." She says and gives Tyrus a patient smile.
"Do you understand?"

Ombar opens the door and makes his way inside saying something along the lines of 'pardon this intrusion' under his breath. He begins to look from room to room looking for a bed to lie Mason down in.
---
#669 Posted: 21:44:50 07/02/2017
"Are you saying that because I take a few small stones for a living, nature is out to get me!?" Tyrus asked, feeling really offended.
"I just take things quartz, amber, just stones! And I don't even take that many! It's not like I'm stealing food from the animals or cutting down trees!" Tyrus declared, feeling like he was being accused of thievery. Many people really hurt the forest in a severe way, yet they didn't seem to receive any sort of punishment. Tyrus felt that he had something that animals couldn't stand. Even those who did liked him, like Foxxe's wolf Steele, Tyrus believed it was just to annoy him.

Mason's room was the only one locked with a key. Tyrus's room was open, which was just near the living room. There was a small sofa there, but Mason couldn't fit. Tyrus's bed was a little bigger, but still a little small for the big man. But either one of them had to do...
---
#670 Posted: 22:00:41 07/02/2017 | Topic Creator
"I'm not saying that nature is 'out to get' you. Lilithane is loving, as are her children. But there must be balance. If you take from the wilds, the wilds take from you." Liveranne said without loosing her temper at Tyrus's raised voice. She did however stop smiling. "How would you like it if someone came into your house and take your things? Even the small things have value. Most people seek to restore balance. The wilds are no different."

The young man sighed and laid Mason down in Tyrus's bed. After doing so he went for the door, having completed what he had set out to do.

--
Note: Lilithane is the goddess associated with nature. The spirits of the wild are said to be her children.
---
#671 Posted: 22:10:54 07/02/2017
OOC: I suspected it was something like that. smilie

"Well, I think nature is trying to take back more than what I take for myself." Tyrus expressed, believing that he received much more abuse than people that took far more than he did. He didn't know who Lilithane was, but he really didn't care. He then gave a large yawn, not realizing until right now just how sleepy he really was. He started to suspect the tea had something in it that made him more tired than usual. He didn't say anything though, While still speaking to Liveranne, Tyrus gave occasional glances at Thorn to see if he was still upset about his earlier question. He didn't want a dragon to be angry at him for asking such a personal question about his species...

At Mason's house,t here was still no reaction of him, not even when the young man laid him down to bed. No doubt he was going to remain that way for the rest of the night.
---
#672 Posted: 22:20:48 07/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Thorn merely watches the conversation being had with a slightly piqued curiosity. While he did not say it he obviously was interested in what was being said.
"But did it? You said you took those stones for your livelihood. In return, without receiving anything in trade, the forest tried to take for it's livelihood. The bear that attacked you was likely starving if it did so without provocation." She drew a circle in the dirt. "When something is taken from the forest, the forest takes back. When something is given, the forest gives back. This is the same of all things, even hatred."
She watches Tyrus intently for a moment before she claps her hands together. "Now then, it is late. I will allow you to rest now."

Ombar left the house, and relocked the door, disappearing into the night.
---
#673 Posted: 22:37:12 07/02/2017
Tyrus still wasn't convinced. He still believed that he received unfair abuse for a silly little hobby. Those stones he collected were not just for collection, it was to unleash their magic so that he could practiced it. He could never do that though due to the heavy workload his father always put to him. But now that Liveranne ended the conversation, it was time to sleep at last. He still felt offended for practically being called a thief, but decided not to let it get to his head.
"Good night Thorn, Drake... Nizla." Tyrus said politely, lying on the ground.
"Good night dad... And mother... wherever you are." Tyrus whispered gently, eager for tomorrow to come so that he could finally be with his mother... but surprisingly, missing his father as well. It took Tyrus a long while to catch his sleep most of the time, but this time, he caught it in just two minutes. This has been such a long day and he was so tired, not to mention the tea probably did the trick as well...
---
#674 Posted: 00:33:59 08/02/2017
((OOC: Nightblade, I'm not entirely certain what time of day Halvard is intended to arrive as his destination, so whenever that may be, a subtle indication would be helpful. Thanks!))

There was the click and that sound was enough to immediately trigger movement from Loramae down into the darkness of the cellar. She kept near the entrance of the cellar upon climbing inside, slowly nestling the door back into place as not to make much sound. She scanned the darkness, quickly noting she appeared not to be alone. Servants likely. They appeared to only be fetching a few things and she figured they would not be around for long. As there appeared to only be one door continuing further into the home, she would not have much choice on the passage of choice. She figured there were two options at this point. One, make a distraction to draw them away from the door. Two, wait for them to leave and continue on then. The former allowed quicker progress, but the latter was less likely to get her noticed. She took position behind an object, eyes watching the movement of the servants. If they didn't leave soon, she would have to create a small and subtle distraction.
---
#675 Posted: 00:59:50 08/02/2017 | Topic Creator
ooc: I'll include time in the post when everyone goes to sleep.
--

The servants linger for a good while before most of them head up. However one servant stays behind holding a clip board and a pen. He appears to be taking inventory. He does not leave after the other servants do and it looks like he will be in the cellar for quite some time.
---
#676 Posted: 02:30:42 08/02/2017
Tyrus slept soundly and without interruptions, his quiet breathing sounding like he was in a deep sleep. He didn't snore, but did a wind like sound every time he exhaled. He had a nightmare about the Willow-Mother and how she was trying to make him stay in the forest because his own mother didn't want him around, and that it was either that or face a bear, his biggest phobia. He cringed in his sleep, but thankfully, the nightmare didn't last so long, and he continued to slumber peacefully.

Mason was sleeping better than him, with no dreams whatsoever. His drunk state, plus the fact that he always kept all his feelings deep within him made him almost as lifeless as a rock every time he slept.

But still walking with the Druid community was Alissa, who wasn't sleepy at all. It tends to happen every time that demon visits her. She and the community continued walking endlessly, guiding themselves with the light of their amulets and the fireflies. They sometimes chanted in a foreign language to let wildlife know they were coming, and that they were many of them, so that would avoid them any unnecessary confrontation with an animal or mythical creature.
---
#677 Posted: 04:51:36 08/02/2017
Drake enjoyed his tea and rested "goodnight my friend" he responed before he fell asleep himself.
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
#678 Posted: 18:26:01 08/02/2017 | Topic Creator
@Halvard:
Sometime around around eleven in the evening you find your way to the Great Tree Vierveranne. Surprisingly, or perhaps not so, the trip there was fairly uneventful. around a makeshift campfire are sleeping three figures, two male who look to be in their mid to late teens and one female who appears to be in her late twenties. There is also a male figure sitting up at the fire tending to it. He seems to be lost in thought.
---
#679 Posted: 18:36:32 08/02/2017
Loramae noted the remaining servant, doubtful he was planning to leave anytime soon. Only one remaining would at least be better than a group of them. Perhaps simply sneaking around the remainder would be possible. She darted through the darkness and mess of the cellar, taking a slightly different position to observe the person from. All they needed to do was keep their back turned to the stairs and she could simply slip by him. She kept herself hidden among the items and she progressed closer to the doorway, eyes always locked on the remaining figure. He'd had yet to even look her general direction, but would he continue hovering near the stairs? She picked up a small object sitting on one of the shelves, not really overlooking the light object as she palmed it in her hands. She was willing to toss the object if the servant didn't wander through the cellar any further.

~~~

Halvard overlooked the surrounding area in the night, the tall tree looming over him and the sleeping figures. He was surprised to think there might be other people out here, but it was a pleasant thought as well. There had been such a lack of events during the journey, no people, no sign of the dragon - maybe someone would finally be able to confirm this wasn't a completely wasted effort, point him in the right direction or confirm he was still trailing it right. He approached the remaining figure tending to the fire, hoping not to startle the person. "Pardon me," Halvard finally said, when he was a reasonable distance away from the stranger.
---
#680 Posted: 18:43:33 08/02/2017
At the Druid community, Alissa continued walking, with the elders as always leading the way. Almost nobody knew where they were heading this time, but every member always followed and never questioned. As they walked, Alissa looked around and realized she didn't recognized the place, but then again, Eariloth was very big. She didn't know where she was, but based on the structure of the trees, she suspected they must've been somewhere near Caedalyn Forest, or maybe in it, which was quite far from Hamlet. She was thankful for that, since she knew that if they were ever near Hamlet, she was going to feel tempted to visit her son again. Unfortunately, even though she was far from her son (or so she thought) Guivim was right. Her mother instincts were very strong. She wanted to see Tyrus again so badly. However, she knew she had to keep restraining herself from the temptation. Despite having been sixteen long years already, Guivim still kept appearing before her, expecting his payment. She knew he wasn't going to give up. She knew she had to avoid flinching and keep Tyrus off her mind. If Guivim appeared while she's visiting her son, she knew that once he takes Tyrus, she was never going to see him again...
---
#681 Posted: 18:50:31 08/02/2017 | Topic Creator
@Loramae:
The servant does in fact slowly make his way through the cellar. He notes each item on the shelves and writes numbers on his clip board. If Loramae wishes to move more quickly she will have to take action.

@Halvard:
The man, Thorn, looks back up at Halvard as he speaks shaken from his train of thought. "Oh, hello! I was not expecting to have company so late in the evening. Would you like some tea?" He asked motioning to the tea pot. Although it is dark Halvard can recognize sleeping Tyrus as someone who looks fairly familiar, at least as someone from the village if he does not know Tyrus himself.

@Alissa:
The druid begin making their way through the Caedalyn forest down the main road. It is likely that once they reach the great Tree Vierveranne they will turn north and travel through the heart of the forest towards Everfrost. They would likely do this to see and study the dancing lights in the skies of Everfrost.
---
#682 Posted: 19:01:40 08/02/2017
Tyrus was a heavy sleeper, so he wasn't listening to anything that was going on. Part of his hand was covering his face, but his peculiar long hair was unmistakable for the few who knew him well.

As the Druids continued walking, Alissa soon recognized where they were. It wasn't the first time the Druids had to go through Caedalyn forest and gave offering to the sacred tree there, so naturally, it was something Alissa was familiar with. Not suspecting a thing on the both pleasant and nasty surprise waiting there, she continued following the elders. No one but a few of the elders knew about her predicament with Guivim, but every time she tried to ask for help, they always responded the same way; Alissa had to complete her payment if she ever wanted to be rid of the demon. As cruel as it sounded, they all agreed that she had to keep her promise sooner or later.
---
#683 Posted: 21:17:20 09/02/2017
From the corner of his eyes, Halvard glanced at the resting figures, curious as to their identities. One of them seemed oddly familiar, which he would have to implore upon at some point. He figured the sleeping figures weren't going anywhere any time soon, so he was willing to humour the stranger at least for a while. "I have been traveling for a while; wasn't entirely certain when I'd make it all the way out here. It's nice to see there are people out here. Perhaps you or one of your friends will have some information I seek." he couldn't help but chuckle a little, "There's no rush on the questions, so I could take you up on a drink, yes."

~~~

Loramae observed as the servant slowly made his way deeper into the cellar, knowing this would give her a chance, even fleeting, to move. She waited until his back was turned to the stairs before darting, trying to keep her footsteps light, but her pace fast. She knew rushing out into the open was dangerous, but it was important to reach the stairs and get deeper into the house and to do so before the servant bothered checking the stairs or even making his way back to them once more. She still grasped a small object in her hand, but long as the servant wasn't looking, there would be no need to create her own distraction.
---
#684 Posted: 01:28:54 10/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Thorn gives Halvard a warm smile and his voice brightens. "Oh, excellent! I do hope you like mint tea... and I'm afraid I do not have any sugar. Still, a warm up of tea is best shared with others!" He says as he shifts to reach for his tea pot. He pours a steaming cup of tea and waits a moment for it to steep. Once done he holds the steaming cup to Halvard. "Here you are." He says warmly.
One of the figures stirs in the darkness, the female one, but she does not get up.

The stairs lead up to a back hallway that from the way it smells is connected to the kitchens. There are five door ways, two on either side of the hall and one on the end. The door at the end of the hall is open and the sounds of servants mulling about the kitchen can be heard. Beyond this there is no indications to what lie beyond the other doors
---
#685 Posted: 01:41:58 10/02/2017
Near the sacred tree, the Druid community was moving, like shadows of ghosts bumping in the night. Most of them wear either white or grey capes, but there were some exceptions, like Alissa, who didn't wear a cape and most of her attire consisted of brown colors to mend with nature. Her job as a tracker, carrier and potion making required her to wear the most comfortable and camouflaging attire possible. As they moved trough that forest, she was looking through her things an offering. Even though the Druids were a welcoming presence in Caedalyn forest, she wanted to be prepared nonetheless. The Druids didn't want any special treatment, so they tried to have offering of their own whenever possible. As she was searching her things, a small piece of paper fell out of Alissa's bag. It was a drawing Tyrus made when he was merely four years old, making her miss him even more so. Knowing she couldn't let her emotions get in the way, she folded that tiny piece of paper to the bottom of the bag, since she didn't have the heart to just toss it away.
"Come on woman! Don't let it get to you! Forget about him! It's for his own good!" Alissa said in her mind, trying very hard to get Tyrus off her thoughts. She wanted him safe, even if that meant never seeing him again...
---
#686 Posted: 21:20:58 10/02/2017
"That's quite fine. Sugar isn't absolutely necessary to tea anyways; I can enjoy it without," Halvard nearly hummed in response, accept the cup from Thorn was it's offered to him. He took a moment to gauge the level of heat emanating off the drink before taking a sip of it, immediately feeling comforted by the warmth. "Halvard, by the way. Names Halvard Esmond." He threw a friend smile Thorn's direction as he introduced himself.

~~~

Loramae found herself intimidated by the sheer number of doorways within the house. There was absolutely no indication of which one would be correct, and she was quietly aware of the sounds of people moving around nearby. At this point, the game would be trial, error, and avoiding detection, which could push her in the right direction just as well as it could drag her further away from her target. She eyed the kitchen from a safe distance, deciding that at this point, she would simply have to go around the people and quietly learn the building. There were so many servants; perhaps they would discuss something that could either point her in the right direction, or at least away from the wrong one. She made a note to listen to anything anyone discussed just in case.
---
#687 Posted: 03:38:03 12/02/2017
Drake was a light sleeper but chose to keep quiet the whole time and star gaze
---
I am the Ultimate Dragon
#688 Posted: 22:19:51 15/02/2017 | Topic Creator
ooc: Sorry for taking so long to post. I've sorta had really bad writers block paired with me doing stuff IRL.
--

"My name is... well, I suppose Thorn would be appropriate. Perhaps even Thorn Lilaevia!" Thorn says with a continually warm smile. He motions to the ground next to him by the fire. "Please, sit if it would make you more comfortable. Perhaps you could tell me what brings you out to travel the Caedalyn Forest."

From the kitchen a pair of servants are having a conversation. "'Ord Ingrant seems ever more pressed to order us around, doesn't he?" "It's nothing, Margie. Just a show because he married that Lady Ilanor." "And he's making all the servants wear uniforms now!" "I know, I know... you know where the spares are right?" "Oh yea, down in the servants' room near the basement."
---
#689 Posted: 22:30:32 15/02/2017
OOC: Ugh! Writers block! I know how that feels smilie

While Thorn and Halvard were conversation, not even a blink from Tyrus. He was so pleasantly asleep, though it was understandable considering the long and rather weird day he had. That part of the forest was so peaceful compared with the rest. The Druid community was about a mile away from the camp, but not even they could be heard. But as Tyrus slumbered, it was uncertain what the boy's future would be. He did miss his dad, but he loved his mother much more, and determined to find her, he was blind of the consequences of that encounter...
---
#690 Posted: 01:45:37 17/02/2017
((OOC: I practically live in the land of writer's block. Might explain why I take so long to reply. Even when I do get the chance to write, sometimes I just have no idea what to say. I start typing a giant paragraph, then I just decide it's all terrible and delete everything.))

At the notion by Thorn to take a seat, Halvard sat, satisfied to be able to sit down in front of a warm and comforting fire. "Thank you, Thorn. It's quite an interesting tale what brought me out here, though not an aptly long one," Halvard began as he nestled himself comfortably in front of the fire. It felt strange to tell a stranger about tracking a dragon in the hopes that it would lead him to a man's lost son. He almost didn't think Thorn would believe him when he told the tale. "Simply put, I am helping a citizen back in the town of Hamlet find his lost son. His son went off searching for a dragon of all things and I have powerful reason to believe that his son may have been riding on the dragons back. The last I saw the dragon, it was flying out in this direction, so I trailed it. The blacksmith was very worried about his son, and the least I could do was help out. I know it seems like a fairly lost cause, trailing a dragon across the wilderness in hopes of finding a child alongside it, but I am willing to put forth that effort." He sipped his tea twice, once in the middle of the story and once at the end of it.

~~~

Loramae paused upon hearing that conversation, immediately spotting key information that could make her trip through this house that much easier. The servants were expected to wear a uniform now, which very much meant she could easily go unnoticed among all the servants of the house simply by finding an adorning one herself. That information alone was a great relief, but even more relieving was the notion that the spares were kept in a nearby room. She now had a place to head to, the servant's room. Perfect.
---
#691 Posted: 02:05:17 17/02/2017 | Topic Creator
"A dragon you say? That is quiet the story. I'm afraid I haven't seen any dragons." Thorn replies his smile fading from his face. His eyes do not leave Halvard, rather he watches him intently. His hands are set firmly in his lap. "I do wish you luck in your quest. Parents of missing children can be quite insistent that their young are returned promptly."
---
#692 Posted: 23:33:12 17/02/2017
Halvard chuckled, "I didn't think you'd know anything about the dragon. It was worth a shot." It was around this point the sudden change in posture and expression became noticeable. At first, Halvard thought little of it, but when the reaction did not falter in the slightest, it became more and more concerning. "Something troubling you, friend? You seem bothered all of a sudden."
---
#693 Posted: 23:43:31 17/02/2017
Still pleasantly asleep, Tyrus remained almost immobile. He would've remained sleeping until morning if it wasn't because he suddenly rolled closer to the camp's fire in order to get more comfortable. The heat made him open his eyes for a moment, but with his roll, his back was turned to Thorn and his mysterious companion. He usually would've gone to sleep rather quickly, but he heard Thorn's voice, and at first believed him to be talking with Liveranne, but when he heard a male voice, he knew that couldn't be the case. He was talking to someone, perhaps from a nearby tent? Some native perhaps? But for some strange reason, this was a voice that sounded oddly familiar. How could that be? He barely knew people, and the few he knew lived in Hamlet. It was impossible for someone that lived there to be in that place all of the sudden, so dismissing it as his imagination, he closed his eyes, trying to get some sleep, though not being able to help himself to eavesdrop for a little bit. He hasn't heard much, but for what little Tyrus could hear, the stranger Thorn was talking about was looking for something... or someone...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:24:46 18/02/2017 by Felines
#694 Posted: 00:16:17 18/02/2017 | Topic Creator
ooc: Thorn isn't whispering, just for clarification.
--
@Tyrus, Drake, and Halvard:
"Oh, I suppose it is nothing but the forest. It ... disturbs me, for lack of a better term." Thorn said, moving his eyes from Halvard slowly. He then kept his eyes pointedly at the fire. "I am sorry for concerning you, but you have nothing to be concerned about."
In the distance Nizla stirred again. Whether or not her eyes were open was obscured by the darkness.

@Loramae:
The conversation in the kitchen ends with a few brief words. Soon after this one servant orders another to fetch a jar of preserves from the cellar. The sound of foot prints approaches.
---
#695 Posted: 00:31:09 18/02/2017
OOC: Sorry. Changed it. I just assumed they were whispering to avoid disturbing the people of the forest.

Tyrus found nothing interesting about the conversation, having missed when Halvard said about looking for a man's son. He kept his eyes closed in order to resume his sleep, but his ears were still active. This was all so weird to him. He missed the small little house where he has lived for all his sixteen years of life. His lumpy yet comfortable bed. There he was with a bunch of strangers, unaware of tomorrow will bring, and if he'll ever succeed in his mission or take Nizla's apprenticeship...
---
#696 Posted: 13:45:45 19/02/2017
Harland smiled, "Ah, I understand that. These forests have an almost eerie aura to them. It's no surprise they make you uncomfortable." Harland had to admit, even if internally, that he too felt a little uncomfortable within these woods. It had been nice to bump into another group of people out here, especially in the later of night as such. Curious inside, he couldn't help but ask, "So, what is your group doing out here? I noted you are not traveling alone."

~~~

Loramae noted a servant approaching her general area. She knew she could no longer hover in the doorway, so she made haste to move deeper into the house. She didn't move by much, just enough to ascertain that she would not be clearly noticed hovering in the doorway. Her mind was so focused on the lead she had with the uniforms that she had almost botched up her own attempt to keep subtle. That was a rookie mistake alone.
---
#697 Posted: 17:30:54 19/02/2017 | Topic Creator
@Tyrus, Drake, and Halvard:
Thorn does not smile. He simply keeps his eyes to the fire. He does continue to speak. "Me and my companion, Nizla, are traveling back to the capital of Everlyn. We have been joined by a young boy searching for his mother and another fellow who seemed quite intent on joining us." He answered. Thorn paused a moment before asking a question in an odd tone, "Tell me now, are you aware of what the boy you are searching for looks like?"

@Loramae:
A female servant hurriedly passes by Loramae without noticing her. She is obviously fixated on getting the preserves she was told to fetch. As she leaves she closes the door to the cellar behind her.
---
#698 Posted: 17:45:33 19/02/2017
As Tyrus continued with his eyes closed, he listened carefully to the conversation, now really curious as to what the stranger was going to answer. He was a little angry at Thorn for mentioning him, even though he knew he was quite close to them and the stranger probably noticed him already. Still, the whole thing was making him too nervous. He just knows he has heard this stranger's voice before, but he couldn't point out where. But what was worse, Thorn has just mentioned that the stranger is looking for a boy, which terrified him. Tyrus has heard the stranger's voice before, and now it turns out he is searching for a boy. Was it just a coincidence? It seemed like too much, but asides his father, who else would be searching for him? He doubted the voice belonged to a Hamlet guard, since it didn't sound human at all. What was going on?
---
#699 Posted: 03:25:12 20/02/2017
Halvard listened quietly, continuing to sip at his drink as Thorn gave him a very simple answer. It wasn't a complex explanation of what they were doing out here, but it has answered his question nonetheless, so he found no reason to have suspicion towards the response. "Unfortunately, I never got a chance to properly look at the boy. The only time I crossed his path was but for a few mere minutes in his father's shop and I hadn't been concerned with him at that time, but I know his and his father's name, so I'm hoping that will be something that he will be able to identify for me." The pivotal moment was when Halvard opted to clarify the names, just in case Thorn, by some unlikely case, recognized them. "His father's name was Mason and the boy's name was Tyrus. It's not much, but it's the information I've got to work with." He shook his head near the end of his train of thought. He knew it was ridiculous, pursing a boy with nothing but a couple names, but he was dedicated to keep his promise despite the lack of details.

~~~

Thankfully, the servant did not mind Loramae, so she was not deterred. With the window of opportunity become scarcer by the second, she knew it was now or never, so she slunk across the room, heading for the nearby room. Hopefully, this would be the servant's quarters. After all, they did say the room was nearby, and by her eyes, this was the closest room to the one she was previously been listening to.
---
#700 Posted: 03:48:17 20/02/2017
Tyrus had to cover his mouth to avoid gasping too loudly. So it was no coincidence after all. The boy the stranger was looking for was him. After mentioning his father's shop, Tyrus finally remembered where he heard that voice. It was the Orc that he initially mistook for an ogre. Impossible to forget with that appearance and the poor sword he brought for repair. But why was he helping his father? Did Mason promised the Orc a big reward? How could that be? His father was quite the cheapskate. Did Mason really cared for him? Or was the Orc doing the search for free? And if that was it, then why? So many questions were tumbling around Tyrus's mind. But as he tried to control his headache, escaping became his priority. He believed that if the Orc saw him, he would take him away by force. So still pretending to be asleep, Tyrus started to drag himself very slowly as far away as he could. The edge of the woods wasn't that far away, so if he could only reach the trees, he could hide until the Orc left. There was no way he was going to return to Hamlet, especially after so callously disobeying his father...
---
First | Previous | Page 14 of 17 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me