Page 1 of 1
Newfound appreciation for Ermit [CLOSED]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#1 Posted: 11:39:17 17/02/2016 | Topic Creator
So, I mentioned a few times already,but replaying through all games but SF. I've been finding tons of new dialogue by speaking to NPCs in certain circumstances(after the puzzle is solved,between different levels,etc), but I found out Ermit actually has 3 to 4 lines after every level in the hub especially. Seraphina also has 5 lines, but they never change and she disappears after Aerial Attack anyway :I

Back to Ermit, I always thought he was meh at best with the paranoid bitter attitude. And that is true still, but with the extra lines you find out he's a lot more about being over-the-top about it. He'll actually try think of conspiracy theories on how clouds are involved, and comment on the previous or next level; like implying things were hardcore while the Kaos clan was around and what jobs he's going to take once things are solved, or how he wants you to salvage Drill-X's drill for him.

And in the final level and at the end, he actually warms up to the Skylander and kinda hints that he wants to help back at last. Doesn't explain how Machine Ghost gets fixed under everyone's noses still, but it's not out of nowhere if you talk to him a lot. After that, he decides he wants to take the robot to declare war on clouds, and since they're never seen again, one can probably assume that's exactly what he's doing. It's so strange that we had other bitter archetype characters in the series,but the first is the one that's pretty diverse for a Skylanders NPC.

What I'm saying is in Skylanders 6 we better be able to punch clouds in the face
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TTD Hunter Gems: 6213
#2 Posted: 11:05:19 26/02/2016
Yeah, I love Ermit. I would love to see something come of his conspiracies in the next game.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#3 Posted: 20:38:17 31/05/2016
Eh, sorry I can't say I like Ermit that much. Kind of the same beef I have with Flynn, who pretty much has to talk about himself every time he opens his mouth in that Ermit rarely talks about anything besides those clouds. I mean, Hugo isn't all about his fear of sheep, nor is Kaos all about his fear of trees, yet Ermit's a bit too obsessed with those clouds.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#4 Posted: 21:21:48 31/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Thanks for not getting the point of the topic. He talks about anything OTHER than clouds if you insist on keeping conversation.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#5 Posted: 00:36:00 01/06/2016
I get the point of the topic, I just think he obsessed over it a little too much.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me