Page 1 of 1
Offical Trap Numbering?
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1 Posted: 03:20:50 17/02/2016 | Topic Creator
Since my Yawn Traps came in the mail, I've been looking at the boxes and I'm convinced there's got to be some kind of official numbering system.

If you count the two Kaos traps as two different molds (as one is bigger than the rest), there are 27 different Trap Molds
Angel
Axe
Captain's Hat
Flying Helmet
Hammer
Hand
Handstand
Hawk
Hourglass
Jughead
Log Holder
Orb
Rocket
Scepter
Screamer
Skull
Snake
Spider
Sword
Tiki
Torch
Totem
Toucan
Yawn
Kaos
Ultimate Kaos

Going out from that, there are:
54 Regular Traps
2 Kaos Traps
3 Legendary Traps
1 Holiday Trap
6 Alternate Villain Traps

For a total of 66 different traps (unrelated, I ended up with 82 traps when all was said and done).

Now, here's what's got me thinking:
My Yawn Traps, like the one in the previous video posted, came shipped in "Refurb" boxes - the boxes that Activision sends out replacement figures in. On each these boxes was a label - which read:
CMP-STR052 Trap 27-Fire
CMP-STR053 Trap 27-Light
CMP-STR054 Trap 27-Life

So, I'm inclined to think the "Trap ##" is the number that the mold is. Ideally, each Trap Mold is likely assigned a number.
As for the CMP-STR###, I'm guessing that the CMP-STR is some kind of code to say "this is a regular trap" - and if it's one of the variants, then that code is different - and, of course, the three digit number changes based on which trap it is.

I'm curious - has anyone received any other traps from Activision in refurb packaging that might be able to shine some light on this? Or found something in the coding that would align with this?
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#2 Posted: 03:30:30 17/02/2016
I believe it's Owl (like a play on night owl) instead of Hawk. Heavenly Hawk is the trap name.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:36:54 17/02/2016 by 4inCreation
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me