Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > What variants don't add to Skylanders total in game?
Page 1 of 1
What variants don't add to Skylanders total in game? [CLOSED]
pezskylander Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#1 Posted: 19:53:48 07/02/2016 | Topic Creator
I just got a Pearl Hex and it didn't read as rare or special in the game. Does anyone know which variants do not show up as unique and add to the Skylanders total. Way back I actually found a Stone/Granite Whirlwind at Toys R Us, but it didn't show up as rare or special. Does anyone have one that does? Does the Granite Zook? A list of all that don't would be great. I like the variations, but I am trying to not spend too much on ones that don't show up any different in the game.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#2 Posted: 19:55:57 07/02/2016
Do you mean actual ones with a different color scheme in game, or just ones with the special tag? If you mean just one with the special tag, I'm pretty sure every non SSA chase variant has one.
---
Dead
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#3 Posted: 20:07:39 07/02/2016
All rare/chase/event variants from the first game with a green base don't read as Special or Rare in the game since they were not programmed differently than the regular versions. My Stone Whirlwind reads as Rare but I have heard of other people that have some Stone that read as regular figures sadly. There are a few other variants that don't add, like the Employee Prism Break, Flocked Trigger Happy (reads as Springtime so if you already own the regular Springtime, it does not add).

I don't know if this is the case in the games before Superchargers, but Halloween Fright Rider and Glow in the Dark Fright Rider both adds to the collection despite both being read as Special.
---
bye
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#4 Posted: 20:07:46 07/02/2016
Correct. The first series (Spyro's Adventure, including Pearl Hex) did not have "special" tags input into their chips. This is part of why the "silver" and "gold" variants are subject to very high degrees of scrutiny by collectors. Without the special chip tag, it's difficult to identify a fake, if the counterfeit item is really well done. Fortunately, this is not an issue with Pearl Hex, assuming you bought her in an original unopened box. But yeah, she is not going to add anything to your in-game collection menu.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#5 Posted: 20:49:37 07/02/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: mega spyro
Do you mean actual ones with a different color scheme in game, or just ones with the special tag? If you mean just one with the special tag, I'm pretty sure every non SSA chase variant has one.

I meant special or rare tag.
#6 Posted: 20:52:40 07/02/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: newkill
All rare/chase/event variants from the first game with a green base don't read as Special or Rare in the game since they were not programmed differently than the regular versions. My Stone Whirlwind reads as Rare but I have heard of other people that have some Stone that read as regular figures sadly. There are a few other variants that don't add, like the Employee Prism Break, Flocked Trigger Happy (reads as Springtime so if you already own the regular Springtime, it does not add).

I don't know if this is the case in the games before Superchargers, but Halloween Fright Rider and Glow in the Dark Fright Rider both adds to the collection despite both being read as Special.

I did know about the Flocked Trigger Happy, but still wish I had one. I wish my Stone Whirlwind read rare, but it was my first chase variant that I found and I still am excited about it. Thanks for letting me know about the Employee Prism Break.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#7 Posted: 09:33:39 23/03/2016
I had to buy two Stone Whirlwinds before I got one to register in-game as special, even though I had tried to mitigate against that.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me