Page 1 of 1
Should I get this game?
Spyros1Fan Green Sparx Gems: 209
#1 Posted: 00:31:21 30/01/2016 | Topic Creator
I have only played the original three games and know nothing about The Legend of Spyro games. I was wondering if this game, or any of these games, were any good. Also if I were to get these games, what platforms should I get them for? Thanks!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 01:03:18 30/01/2016
I say watch an LP first to have an idea. This game is horribly linear,so unless you find it for super cheap,it's more worth it to skip to the other two or get the GBA or DS version.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:03:32 30/01/2016 by Bifrost
#3 Posted: 21:48:39 30/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Okay, I will. Thanks!
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#4 Posted: 22:48:17 30/01/2016
This game is pretty good, but can be confusing if you've only played the Classics before, since the gameplay is quite different. I think it's worth a try, I really liked it.
#5 Posted: 05:07:13 31/01/2016 | Topic Creator
I have heard it has more action in it I think...
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#6 Posted: 12:53:51 31/01/2016
Yeah, it's more of a combat-action game, than a collect-a-thon platformer.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#7 Posted: 13:11:15 31/01/2016
It's 90% combat oriented, there's no collecting aspect other than Soul Gems and those are hardly far from the main path. It's still incredibly barebones compared to TE however,you have like 4 combo options(two of those just starting with magic instead of melee) and most of the time it won't be that exciting because of some enemies with bigger health. It's still fun,don't get me wrong,but it's super mindless and not enough to compare to Dynasty Warriors and whatnot.
---
#8 Posted: 18:34:09 31/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Interesting, by the way, any other preferences on which platform to get these on?
#9 Posted: 18:35:54 31/01/2016
I had the PS2 version, but I think any is fine. I don't remember anyone mentioning crazy lag on a specific version, though they're guaranteed with most explosion-heavy sequences.
---
#10 Posted: 04:19:46 01/02/2016 | Topic Creator
So it sounds like just keep an eye out for one with the best price. Thanks for the help! Just curious though, is there is big difference between the GameCube version and the other console versions?
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#11 Posted: 15:47:00 01/02/2016
I don't think there's any difference between the console versions. I agree with Bifrost, keep an eye out and get it if you find it cheap. It's a really simple game, not much replayability, but I'd pick it up so you could also play The Eternal Night, which to me is a more fleshed out, challenging, less cheesy version of ANB. Also, even if you don't end up picking up these games for console, definitely look out for TEN for the GBA (I'd skip ANB for GBA entirely). That game is more of a metroidvania, and it's very different. But also very good, in my opinion.
---
You gotta believe!
#12 Posted: 16:43:17 01/02/2016
The main thing about the mobile version is that their sprite art is pretty amazing,but the range of phones they allowed was really limiting too. Unless there's a good emulator for them nowadays, dunno how you'd get a hold of them without having had the phone back then.

I remember playing the TEN demo somewhere,it's hardly anything to write home about except the INCREDIBLE sprite art,but for oldschool mobile phones it's really ahead of its time.Here's an incredibly old and dated trailer but the only footage I can find that's not a screenshot.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:47:19 01/02/2016 by Bifrost
#13 Posted: 23:02:18 01/02/2016
Quote: Drawdler
Unpopular opinion here, I've said it a few times, but I can't really recommend the console version of TEN. If you really enjoy the story then maybe it'd be worth a shot, but I say just watch an LP then, because the gameplay gets kind of frustrating at points and never really has any great moments. Maybe that's 7-year-old me talking, though when I replayed it last year I didn't like the gameplay much. :V

GBA version of TEN is a hidden GBA gem, though, definitely get that. GBA version of ANB, on the other hand, avoid (it's really bad, but not in an entertaining way, it's just lazily made).

And as for the DS games, ANB is decent, TEN and DoTD are bad.

Nah, I don't think that's an unpopular opinion, and it's a good point to bring up. My first time or two through the game was pretty frustrating. I got stuck at multiple points in every level... even the first one smilie 10 year old me had no warning going into the game, it was a bit of a shock. I gave up and didn't attempt it again until years later. Then I enjoyed it, though.

Also I forgot to mention the DS games. Good call.

Quote: Bifrost

And that was a really strange trailer... Now I've seen everything.
---
You gotta believe!
#14 Posted: 23:32:11 01/02/2016 | Topic Creator
Just looked up the GBA version, it looks awesome! I'll keep an eye out for it.
#15 Posted: 23:48:57 01/02/2016 | Topic Creator
(The Eternal Night version)
#16 Posted: 00:36:02 02/02/2016
Awesome! That's good to hear. It really is a good game.
Also, if you want to add to a post, you can click on the edit button in the lower right of that post, as opposed to double posting. smilie

Edit: Just now thought of this, though I should have said this earlier. Although I usually hate using guides for games, I think TEN is an exception. It's a tough game, but in my opinion totally worth it. So if anyone gets ANB after looking at this topic and is wondering if they should get TEN as well, I say go for it and keep in mind that the guide on darkspyro is always an option.

I also made a sort of guide a while ago for my family members who were playing TEN, not a walkthrough but almost like a survival guide of sorts. I can dig that up and share it if anyone is interested. Just thought I'd put it out there smilie
---
You gotta believe!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:01:34 07/02/2016 by madison-dwrd
#17 Posted: 01:25:38 02/02/2016 | Topic Creator
Lol, whoops smilie
#18 Posted: 02:57:46 17/02/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: madison-dwrd
Awesome! That's good to hear. It really is a good game.
Also, if you want to add to a post, you can click on the edit button in the lower right of that post, as opposed to double posting. smilie

Edit: Just now thought of this, though I should have said this earlier. Although I usually hate using guides for games, I think TEN is an exception. It's a tough game, but in my opinion totally worth it. So if anyone gets ANB after looking at this topic and is wondering if they should get TEN as well, I say go for it and keep in mind that the guide on darkspyro is always an option.

I also made a sort of guide a while ago for my family members who were playing TEN, not a walkthrough but almost like a survival guide of sorts. I can dig that up and share it if anyone is interested. Just thought I'd put it out there smilie

That is good advice thanks!
Spyro Cynder123 Gold Sparx Gems: 2585
#19 Posted: 21:07:23 09/03/2019
I play the DS version of this game when I was 12 years old and I loved it
playing it now that I'm 19 is giving me nostalgia and I do recommend it, this game is a beat them up more than a charge and flame you have a limit on your element power

The story is great and if you focus on that more as your playing (for me) you really get into the game and the characters

I say get the Ps2 version for the better version it looks better than the DS version
I hope this helps you
---
I love Spyro Cynder games and I`m a big fan of Spyro Cynder THERE ARE SO AWESOME I`m REALLY BIG FAN OF SPYRO AND CYNDER and i like pie to :3
- Me 2012
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me