Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Spooky's House of Jumpscares
Page 1 of 1
Spooky's House of Jumpscares [CLOSED]
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#1 Posted: 20:29:33 17/01/2016 | Topic Creator
Anybody else play this game? It's been out for at least a year now, but I haven't seen much talk about it. Yesterday I finally got up to room 810 after a long break, and it's by far the scariest part so far for me.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2 Posted: 20:46:07 17/01/2016
I've only watched Markiplier's let's play of it. It looks like a simple yet effective game.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#3 Posted: 21:59:59 17/01/2016
I've beaten it several times. I could tell it was made using the Game Maker engine, which is what I use to make my own games. I know a Game Maker game when I see one.

The concepts of characters are awesome, as most are based on games of the horror genre. However while getting chased down by an enemy, or specimen is what they call them, there are several chances that you have to take damage if you enter a specific room, and if you enter the room for too much, which you have no control of, you die and game over. So it's a bit luck-based and I hate that. I especially hate the room with the two hallways and two doors, and one of them is locked.

Other than that, the game is fine for free. One day I might get the first DLC, Karamari Hospital.

Also you're able to mod this game, here's something of mine:
http://steamcommunity.com/shar...s/?id=561393808
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#4 Posted: 04:35:00 18/01/2016
I played Spooky's House Of Jumpscares before it was cool.

I think I only got to Room 700 or something. I stopped and just kinda forgot about it. That and I remember one of the rooms made me dizzy and gave me a headache, which is strange because I've never had a problem like that.
I like the game anyways, it quickly goes from cute and cartoony to terrifying. It's even worse when it's your first time and you don't know what to expect. I had no idea the death screen is completely different from the game, not expecting it at all, and the music they play with each demon-monster-creature makes everything very suspenseful and stressful.
#5 Posted: 17:30:36 18/01/2016 | Topic Creator
^Yeah, the game has a very panicky feel to it. I felt like I was constantly being followed by something even when I wasn't.
---
#6 Posted: 01:43:47 25/01/2016
There are some specimens I really hate, that make the game quite problematic at times:

[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]

From left to right:

Specimen 4: Fast and can fly through walls. The annoying part in some rooms, such as a slightly spiraling hallway, or abyss rooms, you have to take damage from her. I died from her a few times based on luck. She first appears in a ghostly Japanese school which is supposed to be based on Japanese/Anime horror games. I like to call her "Misao" as a simpler name. smilie

Specimen 6: I know, he looks like the Happy Mask Salesman. I like to call him "BEN" because this is supposed to be based on BEN DROWNED. When you look away from him, he teleports near you and can also attack. He's impossible to outrun if you run look straight to the room exit. In somewhat windy paths, I have to look at and stay a short distance at the entry door so that he spawns there and I know where he is. However, sometimes he spawns in a wall, where I have no idea where he is. So it's luck-based I guess. Specimens can spawn even in the Specimen 7 starting room (That red wall of distorted faces) and it would be extremely hard if Ben here showed up alongside Specimen 7. I've gotten the most deaths from Specimen 6 than any other specimen.

Specimen 11: Even worse than Specimen 4. He's faster than her, same incorporeality. and he can also make doors invisible. But at least he only spawns from Room 710 onward.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:48:15 25/01/2016 by LameLime
#7 Posted: 03:12:46 25/01/2016 | Topic Creator
^I am terrible at dealing with specimen 6. I also had trouble when encountering specimen 10, because I didn't know a good way of dealing with him. I looked it up in the wiki, apparently you have to stay close to him so it doesn't change forms.
---
#8 Posted: 11:05:10 25/01/2016
Yeah, Specimen 10 is kind of annoying, but those above specimen I mentioned where my top three. Just like Specimen 6, he can be impossible to outrun. He also walks slow and the rooms from 600-700 tend of have long hallways. But if you're more than halfway through them, I think it would be a good time to run to the exit before he gets you in his second form. He's very fast in second form.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:05:44 25/01/2016 by LameLime
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me